Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 5.21 “Ua helele'i ka hoku” (Fallen Star) ~ April 10 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

5.21 “Ua helele'i ka hoku”

“Fallen Star”

WHEN A PERFORMER IS KILLED AT AN ELVIS IMPERSONATOR CONVENTION AND HIS BODY IS STOLEN, FIVE-0 MUST FIND THE CULPRITS WHO ARE AFTER THE HIDDEN DIAMONDS SEWN INTO THE VICTIM’S COSTUME, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, APRIL 10

Jon Lovitz Returns as Barry Burns

“Ua helele'i ka hoku” – When a performer is killed at a convention of Elvis impersonators and his body is stolen, Five-0 must track down the culprits who are after the hidden diamonds sewn into the victim’s costume. Also, Gabriel Waincroft returns to ask for Chin for help getting off the island, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, April 10 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Jon Lovitz returns as Barry Burns.

(*Ua helele'i ka hoku is Hawaiian for “Fallen Star”)

CHEAT TWEET: Get ready to put on ur blue suede shoes on a ROCKIN' #H50! Will #McG have the best sideburns?! 4/10 9pm#Five0Fridays CBS Press Express | WHEN A PERFORMER IS KILLED AT AN ELVIS IMPERSONATOR CONVENTION AND HIS BODY IS STOLEN, FIVE-0 MUST FIND THE CULPRITS WHO ARE AFTER THE HIDDEN DIAMONDS SEWN INTO THE VICTIM’S COSTUME, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, APRIL 10

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

RECURRING CAST:

Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Christopher Sean (Gabriel Waincroft)
Jon Lovitz (Barry Burns)

GUEST CAST:

Peter Dobson (Lane Collins)
Johnny Valentine (Kung-Fu Elvis)
Garry E. Moore (African American Elvis)
Tommy D. (Grandpa Elvis)
Amanda Stone (Trans Elvis)
Jonathan Reed (Chubby Elvis)
Evan Gamble (Kaleo Fisher)
Calico Cooper (Jane Miller)
Ilia Volok (Adrian Ivanovich)
Nick Glass (Shooter)
Yukiko Hata (Japanese Girl)
Eddie Anderson (Swat Commander K. Hidoko)
Wayne Nunez (Plain Clothed Elvis)

WRITTEN BY: David Wolkove
DIRECTED BY: James Wilcox

Promo/Sneak Peek

Old 04-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Si
Old 04-12-2015, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great writing for a fun episode! I loved the humor and I was happy we finally saw the team working together again. The crime case had his twists and turns which I liked.

Glad to see Grover followed up on Clay in Chicago hope he will solve the case before season ends I also liked how they tied in all storylines from previous episdes.

I feel that Steve is a bit lost now that Wo-Fat is dead it's time that Alex/Steve get's a new storyline now it looks like one week he is helping Grover the other week it's Danny come on he is the lead give the man a SL!!

I loved the bromance between Jerry and Max! they are so goofy seems they have bound so much since they saw each other for the first time They are my favorite Nerd couple at the moment I loved Max and Jerry together at the Elvis competition. The music was great this episode. Loved Jerry's performance on stage, towards the end I have doubts if that was really Jerry/Jorge voice

In this episde the writers are setting up the storyline for the finale Gabriel was back to follow Chin and he has a surprise for him at home when Chin got there Gabriel was already gone but left a envelop with some photo's with Adam and ??? (Maybe Wo-Fat father) or someone for the Yakuza but for sure something is gonna happen with Adam in the finale what will have great impact for Chin and Kono.

McDanno/McGrover

So many comment on forums about Scott leaving H5O and that Grover never can replace Danny which I think is true. I really wish the writers STOP trying to made McGrover the new McDanno. One thing pissed me off this episode Steve and Grover driving in Danny's Camaro! Not Cool. Was Danny driving Steve's car???? I hope and pray that Scott will sign a new contract that he only is available for half the season 12 episodes is not much but always better then Scott leaving for good IMO!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:22 AM
Passionate Fan

As I wrote Scott was not in the first days of filming episode 5.21, and therefore were the scenes of Steve-Grover.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah! I know and he will be in more towards the end of this season, but I am worried what will happen next season (if we get one?) will Scott stay or not !
Old 04-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi there , long time no see
Sorry that I have to write some critisizm but the last two episodes were ...bad like season 3 bad : ( The writing was way too ridiculous even for H50 standards. Few funny scenes with Jon Lovitz couldn't save it.
Generally this season has been hit or miss so far for me We had some amazing episodes like 100th one - it was just brilliant and some really bad like the last one.
I'm not sure what happened. Season 4 was so good and this one is disappointing, at least for me.
On the bright sie it seems that tyhe next episode may be really funny - "Hangover" style
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Angie

I agree the last few episodes were not that great for me they were okay don't know if the reason is that the team dynamic is gone so as Danny most of the episodes. Lucky he is back in the last few episodes.

I like season 5 more then season 4 finally Wo-Fat/Doris/Shellbourne storyline free I do miss Cath and McDanno and I still think Grover doesn't fit into this team this team is young and dynamic something Grover is not Sorry!!! for those who love him. I like him and wish he stayed as leader of the Swat team Grover as leader of the Swat team and McGarrett as leader of Five-O could have bring us some funny scene's.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Passionate Fan

If Scott was often on the set, Grover would not have to join the Five-0. For me this is the reason why Grover is in the Five-0. I was afraid, but I have to say that Grover well composed into the team. Much better than Cath and Lori.

As for me, episodes 5.18 and 5.19 were great. Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 were very good.

Last edited by Core 4; 05-26-2015 at 02:38 PM
Old 04-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, Everyone

Occasional poster here.

I've not kept up with show gossip much, so I hadn't heard the talk about Scott possibly leaving. Would someone please fill me in?

Now, about this past Friday's episode, I actually liked it. I thought it was quirky and fun. My question ... and forgive me if it's already been asked and if it sounds rather stupid. Was that really Jerry singing? It doesn't seem possible... but, then, anything is.

Thanks, all.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 04-16-2015 at 08:19 AM
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)
Hi, Everyone

Occasional poster here.

I've not kept up with show gossip much, so I hadn't heard the talk about Scott possibly leaving. Would someone please fill me in?

Now, about this past Friday's episode, I actually liked it. I thought it was quirky and fun. My question ... and forgive me if it's already een asked and if it sounds rather stupid. Was that really Jerry singing? It doesn't seem possible... but, then, anything is.

Thanks, all.
Hi Toni Boop

A while agao there was a article in a magazine what said that a main character maybe will leave H5O so the rumors machine started immediately and many said that if someone indeed will leave it will be Scott. Take also that Danny/Scott didn't appear in all episodes this season and we all know Danny/Scott is rather in LA then in Hawaii. I keep my fingers crossed he will stay if we get a season 6.

I was wondering the same so I ask around on twitter and other forums most say it was Jerry himself singing that song Peter lenkov said he was amazing I wonder if he meant Jerry acting or his singing so I am not 100% sure!!
Old 04-15-2015, 10:51 AM
Passionate Fan

The departure of Scott fans speculate from season 3, and it is still on the show.. Of course there are concerns, but I hope that Scott will be on the show, if we have 6 season.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you Immunity & Core.

If Danny leaves, it'll be the death of the show. There is no Hawaii 5-0 without Dano. Period.

And about Jerry singing, I read elsewhere that, based on his tweets, it really was him singing. WOW! I am so impressed.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Well this episode was good and bad at the same time....

Here's the good, finally H50 is paying attention to continuity and not just forgetting all about consequences in the following episodes. It was nice to see that Grover did indeed go to Chicago and even though he couldn't find proof, he's still going to keep looking after all he was betrayed by one of his oldest friends so it wouldn't make sense if he just swept it all under the rug like that.
Another great continuity was that we got closure on the diamonds case (I'll speak about the case in itself on the bad part later), but it was interesting that a case that seemed like a simple murder by crazy fan turned out to be something bigger and that connected dots with what we've already seen.
Jerry was really great in this episode (and what a voice )!! Which once again brings up the point that he is perfect as a recurring character, but really not interesting enough to be a regular (I'm glad that his participation is sort of like Max, being there when needed and not shoved down our throats just because he is a regular ). Speaking of Max, he and Jerry have the most adorable friendship!!
And I gotta say that it was great seeing the team working the case together!! That's what makes the show enjoyable for me, I love the characters but the dynamic of them all is what drawls me.

Now let's talk the BAD.... The whole Jon Lovitz could have been cut that was not only pointless but not funny at all and didn't even fit the episode considering they wrote him as an idiot but in the end he was the mastermind on the heist... it was pathetic.
Also, the Ivanovich guy dressed as Elvis carrying that machine gun inside the guitar case... where did that machine gun came from that not only fitter the case so well but also had that whole cool "give it a bump and the case will fall apart but the gun will be strapped to your hand" trick?!?!?! EXAGGERATED!
How could Steve and Grover be driving the Camaro if Danny was on another place (I think the dry cleaning store after finding the owner dead) with his car?! I usually don't mind Steve driving the Camaro when he is with Danny, but please when he is with Grover makes no sense that Danny would be car-less considering Steve has his Silverado.

And as for the whole Chin and Gabriel SL, I really don't know what to think about it because if we're getting another Wo-Fat SL I really wish Chin continued being just in the background since the vibes/feel is exactly the same as Wo Fat/Steve (playing cat and mouse games)

Overall it was a good episode with lots of bad in it
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Well this episode was good and bad at the same time....

Here's the good, finally H50 is paying attention to continuity and not just forgetting all about consequences in the following episodes. It was nice to see that Grover did indeed go to Chicago and even though he couldn't find proof, he's still going to keep looking after all he was betrayed by one of his oldest friends so it wouldn't make sense if he just swept it all under the rug like that.
Another great continuity was that we got closure on the diamonds case (I'll speak about the case in itself on the bad part later), but it was interesting that a case that seemed like a simple murder by crazy fan turned out to be something bigger and that connected dots with what we've already seen.
Jerry was really great in this episode (and what a voice )!! Which once again brings up the point that he is perfect as a recurring character, but really not interesting enough to be a regular (I'm glad that his participation is sort of like Max, being there when needed and not shoved down our throats just because he is a regular ). Speaking of Max, he and Jerry have the most adorable friendship!!
And I gotta say that it was great seeing the team working the case together!! That's what makes the show enjoyable for me, I love the characters but the dynamic of them all is what drawls me.

Now let's talk the BAD.... The whole Jon Lovitz could have been cut that was not only pointless but not funny at all and didn't even fit the episode considering they wrote him as an idiot but in the end he was the mastermind on the heist... it was pathetic.
Also, the Ivanovich guy dressed as Elvis carrying that machine gun inside the guitar case... where did that machine gun came from that not only fitter the case so well but also had that whole cool "give it a bump and the case will fall apart but the gun will be strapped to your hand" trick?!?!?! EXAGGERATED!
How could Steve and Grover be driving the Camaro if Danny was on another place (I think the dry cleaning store after finding the owner dead) with his car?! I usually don't mind Steve driving the Camaro when he is with Danny, but please when he is with Grover makes no sense that Danny would be car-less considering Steve has his Silverado.

And as for the whole Chin and Gabriel SL, I really don't know what to think about it because if we're getting another Wo-Fat SL I really wish Chin continued being just in the background since the vibes/feel is exactly the same as Wo Fat/Steve (playing cat and mouse games)

Overall it was a good episode with lots of bad in it
You said exactly how I felt about this episode Si

The core 4 working together is the best part of Five-O for me and I have missed it a lot this season.

I was really mad that Steve and Grover were driving Danny's car. It looked of the writers were saying this is the New McDanno something NEVER!! can happen.
I am worried we get a duplicate SL with Chin/Gabriel now Gabriel is the new villian.
Reply   Post New Thread