Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 5.19 “Kahania” (Close Shave) ~ March 13 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!!

5.19 “Kahania”

“Close Shave”

MCGARRETT AND ODELL COME UNDER SIEGE IN ODELL'S BARBERSHOP WHILE TRYING TO PROTECT A YOUNG MAN WHO IS BEING HUNTED DOWN BY A GANG, ON "HAWAII FIVE-0," FRIDAY, MARCH 13

Michael Imperioli Returns as Odell Martin

"Kahania" – McGarrett and Odell come under siege in Odell's barbershop when they try to protect a young man who is being hunted down by a gang. Also, Jerry is wrongfully accused of committing a series of home invasions, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, March 13 (9:00-10:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Michael Imperioli returns.

(*Kahania is Hawaiian for "Close Shave")

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, #MichaelImperioli helps #McG save the day + Jerry gets mistaken for a criminal! 3/13 9pm #Five0Fridays CBS Press Express | MCGARRETT AND ODELL COME UNDER SIEGE IN ODELL'S BARBERSHOP WHILE TRYING TO PROTECT A YOUNG MAN WHO IS BEING HUNTED DOWN BY A GANG, ON "HAWAII FIVE-0," FRIDAY, MARCH 13

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

RECURRING CAST:

Michael Imperioli (Odell Martin)

GUEST CAST:

Ivo Nandi (Ari Bailan)
Chris Kim (HPD Officer Eric Nohona)
Jill Kuramoto (Chelsea Reed)
Alden Ray (Levi Papani)
Mark Ivanir (Garig Dobrian)
Pogi Tevaga (Tauna Lahani)
Sharon Aoki (Female Witness)
Keo Woolford (HPD Detective Chang)
Paulette Franco (Female Cashier)
Steven Krueger (Eran Dobrian)

WRITTEN BY: Steven Lilien & Bryan Wynbrandt
DIRECTED BY: Jerry Levine

Promo

Old 03-14-2015, 03:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Very good episode with shocking twist concerning Aaron. Steve's reaction at the end was so emotional - even toughest guy cries when children are killed. My god, there were plenty of those photos of children abducted.
Big LoL at Jerry and Max - who would have thought our medical examiner is so crazy. My only complaint - where was Danny? He sure misses plenty of episodes this season.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Suchs a different episode then we used to have but one with McG in full force.

Again a episode without Danny (something I get used to tbh ) I thought this was a good one!!

Loved the scene's between Steve and Odell they worked very well together
Good thing Odell remembered how to make a molotov cocktail out of his barber supplies. It came in handy for our Navy Seal!

The scene in the blue room was very powerfull we saw a Steve who had suchs a hard time telling a father his son is dead, Steve did for him what he couldn't do by himself which I understand I was glad that the father wanted to help Steve to give all the family's who lost their child some closure.

The ending where Steve was going through the ring of pictures of those little kids was gut wrenching. With every picture Steve saw he broke down more knowing what those little kids went through Steve ended up in tears

Alex don't always get's the credit but he is suchs a gifted actor the last scene he knocked it out of the park

When Steve was hold up with Odell in the barber shop Chin helped Jerry to get out of jail lucky for Jerry Chin and Grover track down a man who looked sort of like Jerry.

Good to hear some comments about what happend in the previous episode Grover told Chin that Gabriel is going to want something in return one day, and I think he is right. I predict that we will see Gabriel come back before this season is done.

We saw What!!! 1 min of Kono this episode not good when there is no team working she probably has nothing else to do come on writers do your freaking best for once and give the girl a decent SL.

Something I found very weird If each of those pictures was a missing child, why the Hell wasn't Five-O, and every other law enforcement agency on the island, investigating that 24-7? there were at least 75 to 100 pictures why didn't we never heard of all these missing childeren before. Why was Five-O never called on this Aaron couldn't have killed all these kids in a short time.

Next episode will be April 3!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow... This wasn't the best episode, but as far as plot and twists it was amazing!

Kudos to Alex because that last scene was heartbreaking Very emotional!

I LOVE Odell!!! He has great lines without being exaggerated, and he's handy.... I hope we get to see him again. Also, poor guy, had just moved to a new place just to have it be destroyed.

I liked Jerry's SL in the episode... because line-ups are really not that reliable so I liked that they did it with him. And how cute is it that Jerry and Max are friends?!!

No Danny and barely nothing of Kono, now that worries me a lot.... The show is about the 5-0 team, and lately that has been neglected a lot!

I loved Chin's scenes with Grover and Jerry!!

I only have two complains... first, like Lena said, that was a LOT of kids missing, so how come that wasn't being investigated by anyone????
Secondly, it made no sense for Steve to have left his cell phone inside his truck... yeah I get that he was in the barber shop to disconnect with the world, but realistically he could've taken the cell with him and just put it into silent mode. He is an officer of the law, he had his gun with him so it wasn't his day off... made no sense (I'd rather if his phone had ended battery or IDK fallen to the ground an broken it would've been more plausible.
Also side note, it was weird that in the middle of all this mess once Steve left the barber shop that he didn't ask for 5-0 to back him up
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Wow... This wasn't the best episode, but as far as plot and twists it was amazing!

Kudos to Alex because that last scene was heartbreaking Very emotional!

I LOVE Odell!!! He has great lines without being exaggerated, and he's handy.... I hope we get to see him again. Also, poor guy, had just moved to a new place just to have it be destroyed.

I liked Jerry's SL in the episode... because line-ups are really not that reliable so I liked that they did it with him. And how cute is it that Jerry and Max are friends?!!

No Danny and barely nothing of Kono, now that worries me a lot.... The show is about the 5-0 team, and lately that has been neglected a lot!

I loved Chin's scenes with Grover and Jerry!!

I only have two complains... first, like Lena said, that was a LOT of kids missing, so how come that wasn't being investigated by anyone????
Secondly, it made no sense for Steve to have left his cell phone inside his truck... yeah I get that he was in the barber shop to disconnect with the world, but realistically he could've taken the cell with him and just put it into silent mode. He is an officer of the law, he had his gun with him so it wasn't his day off... made no sense (I'd rather if his phone had ended battery or IDK fallen to the ground an broken it would've been more plausible.
Also side note, it was weird that in the middle of all this mess once Steve left the barber shop that he didn't ask for 5-0 to back him up
I loved Odell to more and more they adding characters to pair up with Steve like Grover, Jerry and now Odell if we get a season 6 I am afraid one person will not return for it and that will be Danny (Scott)

I was happy to see that we got a lot of Chin in this Episode it was time !

I agree you can forget to take your cell but not that you left it in your car he is the leader of Five-O so at all times he need to take his cell with him not only because his team can reach him even the Governor can try to call him.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:27 AM
Moderator Manager

I think Odell works greatly as a recurring... sort of like Kamekona!! Yeah, more and more it's looking like Danny won't be back if we get a season 6. IMO the lack of Danny this season is a way to test the waters and see how ratings and fans would react if he wasn't on the show, and so far since the quality of the episodes have been great, as much as I love Danny/Scott I don't think the show would suffer that much with his absence.

Yeah, the more Chin, the better!!

Exactly!! That explanation about the cell phone was so lame
Old 03-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think Odell works greatly as a recurring... sort of like Kamekona!! Yeah, more and more it's looking like Danny won't be back if we get a season 6. IMO the lack of Danny this season is a way to test the waters and see how ratings and fans would react if he wasn't on the show, and so far since the quality of the episodes have been great, as much as I love Danny/Scott I don't think the show would suffer that much with his absence.

Yeah, the more Chin, the better!!

Exactly!! That explanation about the cell phone was so lame
I think that to the episodes without Danny are great watching to I think this show will survive without Danny aldo I will gonna miss him

Old 03-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yep, Odell should learn by now that wherever McGarret goes, some major **** will go down
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Moderator Manager

^ That's so true!!! Although to be fair with Steve this time it wasn't his fault and Odell was lucky he was there because who knows what those Armenian guys would've done to him once they got Eran
Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Extreme Fan

RL gets in the way of posting sometimes. I am still watching though!!!

Not a bad eppie.

Random Thoughts:

I LOVE Odell too!!! His character is great without being over the top and I have always liked MI. I hope he comes back again.

I am with you Si; it makes no sense for Steve to leave his phone in his truck. What if he is needed for a case or for an emergency?? Of course he had it with him, it wouldn't have progressed the SL

I didn't see the twist coming and having the son be the bad guy was a good one. (I am sure you noticed Si that the actor was Josh from The Originals )

No Danny and a brief cameo from Kono. Not good.

I thought the Jerry storyline was a cute one and loved the way Chin and Grover got him out of trouble. I would want Chin on my side if I had a problem. Glad to see Max and Jerry are friends and doing stuff together.

Poor Steve; crying over the missing children, besides it being children, I wonder if it gave Steve the chance to emote, something that I think is a long time coming, if that makes sense.

AOL acting the heck out of that scene
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
RL gets in the way of posting sometimes. I am still watching though!!!

Not a bad eppie.

Random Thoughts:

I LOVE Odell too!!! His character is great without being over the top and I have always liked MI. I hope he comes back again.

I am with you Si; it makes no sense for Steve to leave his phone in his truck. What if he is needed for a case or for an emergency?? Of course he had it with him, it wouldn't have progressed the SL

I didn't see the twist coming and having the son be the bad guy was a good one. (I am sure you noticed Si that the actor was Josh from The Originals )

No Danny and a brief cameo from Kono. Not good.

I thought the Jerry storyline was a cute one and loved the way Chin and Grover got him out of trouble. I would want Chin on my side if I had a problem. Glad to see Max and Jerry are friends and doing stuff together.

Poor Steve; crying over the missing children, besides it being children, I wonder if it gave Steve the chance to emote, something that I think is a long time coming, if that makes sense.

AOL acting the heck out of that scene
I am happy you still watching H5O Lori

I liked Odell to he and Steve had some great chemistry together.

Again no Danny is really frustrating me like I said in another thread if we get a season 6 I am afraid it will be without Danny.

Only 2 sec of Kono sometimes I wonder if the writers know she is a main character.

I am waiting for a breakdown for Steve for a while now seeing the pictures of the little kids was to much for him I hope next episode that we gonna see what for effect it will be on him.

He sure did
Old 03-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohh nice to see your thoughts on the episode, Lori!!

Odell really is awesome!! So far I think the majority of viewers liked him

That cellphone excuse was so lame

Yeah I saw that it was "Josh" I like him.... Is he still alive in TO? Or the fact that he is guest starring in other shows means that someone finally killed him? Which would be a shame considering he was one of the only interesting characters other than the originals in the show

Danny and Kono really are having very little screentime and I'm not happy about it.... Seriously the Kono centric episode better be amazing to make up for that.

Alex really did an amazing job in that scene
Old 03-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ohh nice to see your thoughts on the episode, Lori!!
I have seen all of them; just can't seem to find the time to post.

Quote:
Yeah I saw that it was "Josh" I like him.... Is he still alive in TO? Or the fact that he is guest starring in other shows means that someone finally killed him? Which would be a shame considering he was one of the only interesting characters other than the originals in the show
I haven't seen him in the last few eppies, so I am not sure if he's off the show or not. I don't remember them saying anything about him either way so I'm not really sure
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Moderator Manager

yeah, RL get in the way sometimes But I'm happy that you're still watching the show!!

well, I haven't watched the show since Rebekah left, so I have no idea what is even going on in it.
Reply   Post New Thread