Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 5.09 “Ke Koho Mamao Aku” (Longshot) ~ December 12 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!!

5.09 “Ke Koho Mamao Aku”

“Longshot”

WHEN A COWBOY IS POISONED, FIVE-0 TRAVELS TO THE BIG ISLAND AND MAX IS FORCED TO WORK WITH A RIVAL MEDICAL EXAMINER, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, DEC. 12

Scenes Shot on the Big Island of Hawaii

“Ke Koho Mamao Aku” – It's Christmas in Hawaii and Five-0 travels to the Big Island, where Max is forced to work with a rival medical examiner after a cowboy is poisoned. Meanwhile, McGarrett pressures Danny into stealing a Christmas tree, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Dec. 12 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(*Ke Koho Mamao Aku is Hawaiian for “Longshot”)

CHEAT TWEET: Mele Kalikimaka = #MerryChristmas in Hawaiian! C McG & Danno 'get' a tree! #H50 #H5HOHOHO 12/12 9pm #Five0Fridays CBS Press Express | WHEN A COWBOY IS POISONED, FIVE-0 TRAVELS TO THE BIG ISLAND AND MAX IS FORCED TO WORK WITH A RIVAL MEDICAL EXAMINER, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, DEC. 12

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

RECURRING CAST:

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Shawn Garnett (Flippa)
Shawn Thomsen (Officer Pua Kai)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)

GUEST CAST:

Eidan Hanzei (Hawaii Detective Dean Alawa)
Ravi Patel (Dr. Sanjeet Dhawan)
Ron Yuan (Al Mokuau)
Maile Holck (Jill Kuikahi)
Cody Easterbrook (Luke Pakele)
Frank Ashmore (Jeff Harrison)
Brad Hayes (Astronaut Richard Royce)
Greg Wilson (Tree Lot Owner)
Gregory Suenaga (Dr. Joel Gavin)
Hi'Inani Papapa (Older Woman)
Holo Groendyke (Ranch Hand)
Christopher Huffine (Keone Maka)

WRITTEN BY: Sue Palmer
DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Promo/Sneak Peeks

Old 12-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Pretty tame episode, overall I enjoyed it. Found the whole Christmas Tree funny. Oh and the whole conversation about Danno and Kono. As well as between Max and Sanjeet.
Raemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was suchs a weak episode what a disappointment!!! Couldn't really say it was a Christmas episode

The Bad

It was nice to see the Big Island , but honestly, the case couldn't hold my interest it was so lame!

Did't like the tree SL line how in the world could Steve cutting down the tree knowing it stand in preservation land maybe it must be funny but I couldn't laugh about it why do they act of that they are above the law,

Also rookie Pua was annyoing I don't like the character.

Shall not bother you to tell you guys what I think of Grover but again he annoyed me this episode so much!!

Not enough Gracie this season. She's growing up so fast! are the writers out of idea's to write for her??

Also not enough Steve and Chin for me this episode.

Really missed the Ohana feeling in this Christmas episode!

The Good

The highlight for me was seeing Danny/Kono working together and the conversation in the car was so sweet .

Lots of Max loved his SL with Sanjeet, when it was discovered that the woman that came between Max and Sanjeet was a Star Trek type doll. IMG!! The looks on Danny, Kono and Grover their faces
Old 12-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

The Mars Rover "Pilgrim"(John Wayne teference?) and the Astronaut Richard Royce, finding the Cowboy Keone Maka, on the Lunar surface was funny. I did notice that the CPR would not have helped much. But atleast he did try.

I liked the "Old Style" H50 music that played when the team landed in the helicopter at the crime scene. Also like all the scenes of the island as they flew over. The snow on the mountain by the observatory threw me. Really there's snow on the Hawaiian mountain?? Snow board down to surf, lol

$750.00 for a decent Christmas tree?? Should have bought the "Charlie Brown" ones or as Steve said, buy artificial. Steve with his new looking chain saw cut a tree in a reserve. Then Officer Pua Kai found pine pitch(or was it palm pitch) on the roof of Dano's Camaro? Why not use Steve's truck? Or is it still in the shop? Then the lady witness that pointed out Steve and Danny called then howlies. But his collection of faces to choose from didn't give them much of a chance of getting misidentified. When he finally tracked them down at Danno's, it was cute that his 1200(?) dollar fine and tree confiscating would wait for the next day. Surprised that Duke didn't intervene. Rachel probably will be back for Christmas.

Kono was driving Danny some of the time. I liked his talk to her about Grace growing up. Grover would know that part with his own daughter. I'm glad she had a good time with the gang at the house. Kamekona and Flippa sang well. The whole house did. Liked that a lot. But Kamekona didn't cater it?

When Kono, Danno, and Grover met Al Mokuau, and Jill Kuikahi at the Rodeo, I actually thought she had something to do with the horse and the murder. I did like later when Al was going to kill the horse that I think Grover was the one who wounded him.Then he screamed for an ambulance.
Also Kono talking about her rope skills should have foretold that she would take down ranch hand Luke Pakele. She set a new record on tying him up. Watch out Adam, lol. After Luke was let off the hook, I figured it was either Al or Jill, or both. But his story that he was helping the horse and that the owners were paid and didn't care all melted away upon that reunion.

Was nice that we had more Kono, Danny, Max and Grover! But Cho didn't leave HQ and Steve had meetings with the Governor.

Here is Janice, Janice Rand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Max and Dr. Sanjeet Dhawan were funny fighting and disagreeing with each others discoveries. It was good that Max didn't know it all and Sanjeet was wrong always like on some shows. "I will always be your friend", Max said in his best "Dieing Spock" voice. " Live long and prosper." was nice. Also Grover calling it a doll, instead of action figure was funny. I figured he wouldn't, "get it".

I had tears in my eyes when Jim Harrison and Urban Myth got together in the corral. it was nice to have Detective Dean Alawa with Danny, Kono and Grover at the reuniting. To many times on these types of shows the local cops are pushed aside so the team stars.

No Duke(later saw him in a picture at party on CBS.com), Fong, Jerry, or Grover's family at Danny's party. I know not all members go to all get togethers. Also Steve's new friend, Ellie Clayton, she wasn't there.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Didn't like this ep either

Love the conversation between Danny and Kono in the car. Also Max and Sanjeet were hilarious. And the scene when they found out it's just an action figure

BUT where were Steve and Chin? We barely saw them.
Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

I could do without Steve every once in awhile. Love more Danny and really love Grover.

Danny and Kono together as that is rare.

Glad that they made Max the star of the show.

Really about an action figure? Thought it was a girl they were arguing about he and Sanejeet!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Moderator Manager

I liked the episode!!
The reunion of the horse training and Urban Myth was beautiful!! I'm not really into horses, but I like the SL since horses are worth a fortune, so good motive to kill.

Max/Sanjeet's scenes were the best!!! From the beginning I was already thinking that it wasn't a real woman but some geek stuff (we geeks and our collections get really touchy about them), and loved how they both had reasons to be at odds at first but managed to restore the friendship throughout the case.

Another high for me was that there was lots of Kono (finally!!!!). And the fact that she had scenes with Danny made me even more happy Can I say that when she is talking to Danny about the fact that Grace doesn't believe in Santa anymore I was totally into her voice??? She has a beautiful voice!!!
I also loved seeing her tackle and tie that Luke guy Think it would've been better if she hadn't mentioned that she had learned how to use the rope in the rodeo before the scene though... she could've said it after when Danny asked her how she knew that.... From the moment she said it, I was expecting her to use the rope at some point in the episode

I have to admit that it was refreshing having less Steve in the episode. I think it worked well for one episode that he had other things to solve as team leader while the rest worked the case.
Just wished that Chin appeared more

I hated the Christmas Tree SL. It was very disrespectful and OOC of Steve to cut down a tree in a reservation. He loves the Island and has always been protective of it, and that didn't make any sense.
I have to say that I liked that Pua investigated it... it's a crime to take things away from any protective reservation, and the fact that even if Pua is a rookie and knows the guys of 5-0 he wasn't intimidated to pursue them was a great character development IMO.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread