Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 5.05 “Ho’oilina” (Legacy) ~ October 24 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!!

5.05 “Ho’oilina”

“Legacy”

ON THE FOURTH ANNIVERSARY OF HIS FATHER'S DEATH, McGARRETT MEETS A WOMAN WHO HELPS HIM REOPEN THE LAST UNSOLVED CASE HIS FATHER WORKED ON BEFORE HIS DEATH, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 24

“Ho’oilina” – On the fourth anniversary of his father's death, McGarrett meets a woman who helps him reopen the last unsolved case his father worked on before his death, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Oct. 24 (9:00-10:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(*Ho’oilina is Hawaiian for “Legacy”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, McG reopens his father's last cold case before his death - Clue in the #CHAMPBOX 10/24 9pm #Five0Fridays CBS CBS Press Express | ON THE FOURTH ANNIVERSARY OF HIS FATHER'S DEATH, McGARRETT MEETS A WOMAN WHO HELPS HIM REOPEN THE LAST UNSOLVED CASE HIS FATHER WORKED ON BEFORE HIS DEATH, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 24

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

RECURRING CAST:

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Shawn Mokuahi Garnett (Flippa)
William Sadler (John McGarrett)
Amanda Setton (Dr. Mindy Shaw)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)

GUEST CAST:

Greg Ellis (Thomas Farrow)
Mirrah Foulkes (Ellie Clayton)
Martin Copping (Paul Clayton)
Nick Searcy (Ned Burrows)
Chanel Marriott (Young Ellie Clayton)
Walter Wong (Tony Malua)
Steven Bauer (Jimmy Sykes)
David Abrams (Bouncer)
JR Lemon (Jordan Lewis)
Nicolai Makana Perez (6 Year Old McGarrett)

WRITTEN BY: Eric Guggenheim
DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Promo

Old 10-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

So this week we are set on 22 september the day Steve's father died and next week we have Halloween October 31 that's a timejump of 6 weeks!!!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's the one hundredth epi soon.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh wow!!! that's quite the jump... I wonder why is that

BTW, thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Gosh, I am SO behind on posting on these eppies.

I have enjoyed 3 and 4, just have been too distracted to post.

I am anxious to see Steve and this woman interact and seeing John McGarrett again
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

I don't like this woman. I'm so used to Catherine and Steve.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Officialy done with this show. give me back Catherine Rollins and I might come back. That's all.

ETA: even though, Steve being so OOC and just like opens up to someone he doesn't even know, just because she has a connection to his dad. Like you have trust issues buddy but you dont mind telling a stranger..

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls

Last edited by holding my heart; 10-25-2014 at 03:48 AM
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still like this show.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really liked this episode. We all knew from season 1 that some items in the champbox nothing had to do with Steve's mother being killend and this episode showed one of these items John McG. was investigating a murder of a man who left behind a little girl which remind John of his own daughter Mary and why he send Mary and Steve away.

We learned a lot about Steve's past through Ellie, Chin and the flashbacks. It was nice to see Steve come to terms with some part of his past, and what it did to his dad. I'm glad Steve has found someone in his live who also knew his dad so they can share some memories. It was also great to see Chin helping Steve he was John last partner so of course Steve turned to Chin for some info. I really enjoyed all the Chin moments and Steve/Chin working together.

So far I like Ellie but only as Steve FRIEND! nothing else I saw Steve holding her hand while they were digging up her fathers body but I saw that as comfort a person who meant a lot to his dad. Steve is still in love of Cath at least I hope he still does because 5 episodes in and still NO mention of Cath I wonder if anybody of Five-O worries about her afterall she is in dangerous ‎territory and it seems nobody cares about that especially Steve.

The packing up scenes at Jerry’s were so funny Chin watching Kamekona and Flippa was hilarious,

No Danny and that while we were left of with a sort of cliffhanger last week but this is H5O so I have to deal with it. I hope Danny will be back soon but I've heard from people he will not be back for several episodes!!

No enough Kono also in this episode something I am really pissed about we get freaking more Jerry then Kono I still have no idea what Grovers role is in Five-O he is useless IMO!

I know some shippers will be up set after seeing Steve and Ellie holding hands but Peter L confirms on twitter again that they are only friends

Last edited by Immunity; 10-25-2014 at 10:02 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

My thoughts:

I agree Jerry is getting more time than Kono these days and it's annoying. I like the character, actually, but enough's enough. They need to cut him back to recurring. Bring him in on the occasional weird conspiracy type story line.

Danny, yeah.. I hope he's not gone for too many episodes. It does make realistic sense he's out... he needs to deal with what he did AND what happened to his brother. I wonder if he tells his family what he did.

The episode overall was very good. I noticed that Steve had "eyes" for Ellie. He and Catherine didn't break up when she stayed in Afghanistan, I don't think. So what gives?
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)

I agree Jerry is getting more time than Kono these days and it's annoying. I like the character, actually, but enough's enough. They need to cut him back to recurring. Bring him in on the occasional weird conspiracy type story line.
just the way I think about his character it's ridiculous he get's more screen time then Max or Kono who are been here from the start!!

Quote:
Danny, yeah.. I hope he's not gone for too many episodes. It does make realistic sense he's out... he needs to deal with what he did AND what happened to his brother. I wonder if he tells his family what he did.
It's seems they made a deal with Scott that he travels once a month to Hawaii to shoot some scene's what makes no sence at all he has a contract he can move his family for the time they are shooting to Hawaii IMO!! but he also has some charity commitments, and he had a photography book coming out just 2 months prior to filming. I am happy for Scott he is doing so well but there are so many actors unemployed atm he must be thankful to have a job and also he has to think of the fans who watch the show.

Quote:
The episode overall was very good. I noticed that Steve had "eyes" for Ellie. He and Catherine didn't break up when she stayed in Afghanistan, I don't think. So what gives?
No they didn't break up he even told Catherine that he is in love of her at the end of last season I wish that Steve mention or phone's her so we all know that he still is in contact with her....But that is all up to the writers and to me they drop the SL between Steve/ Cath. already!!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Definitely one of the least favourite episodes of the series and season 5. It was too soapy and not enough humor and action. There was too muich of Jerry and Grover, no Danny and Kono's barely there. I understand she probably has materanl duties but I would like to see more of her. No wonder fans are complaining, this season has been uneven so far and unfortunately the ratings seem to reflect.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

If Catherine and Steve did break up, he wouldn't go out with another woman that quickly.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nice to see Sargent John McGarrett from 19 years ago. Also nice to see 6 year old Steve and the Original 5-O Mercury Marquis. Manifold leak, probably a gasket problem. It was cute little Stevie giving his dad the wrench to work on the car.

So chin is that much older Even if he is 19-20 and a Rookie, would make him 12 years older then Steve? I guess Steve did break all of Chin's High School Football Records. Nice that Chin remembered the case and even the bum suspect, Ned Burrows. It was nice having Chin and Steve working together on the case. But with Danny home and probably a mess after loosing his brother Matt and having to shoot Marco Reyes, Chin should be the next choice. It was nice Steve was trying to get a hold of Danny to see how he was doing. When the dealer Jimmy Sykes was mentioned and then not checked into until later I figured he must have been the culprit. Either that or a throw away name, like the head of the underground game room,Paradise Den, Dominic Alonzo. He's been dead 8 years. I thought the resumed body of Paul Clayton after 19 years would be more bones then with the flesh? "Bones" works with a lot less from a more current burial. Granted Paul was in a casket and most of "Bones" bodies are in open, or other weird locations.

Nice for Steve to find out that John regretted sending away him and Mary. Also nice that Aunt Deb(Carrol Burnett)is getting chemo, and Mary and Joanie are doing well.

Steve looked good dressed up to see his Dad on the 4th Anniversary of his death. But he forgot to shave? Not sure what the quarter to dad meant? Did he give Steve a quarter he remembered? Did dad flip one like the old gangsters did, lol.
Elli Clayton seems quite nice. I'm surprised she has the accent. Seems by the story that she lived in Hawaii most all her life. Or did she just return to the Islands? Her dad's bar, Ace's High is still there, unused. Was that match book one that we saw back in the first season? Or when Jerry went through it and found the Shelburne misspelling on bottom?
Nice that they showed that the taking of the money box was just a front for a hit. I see so many times on these shows someone is whacked, and his wallet and credit cards were left behind. "Well Mr. Thompson wasn't robbed, he still had $150 and 2 credit cards on him"! Take the wallet and make it a little harder for our guys to solve it, ok? Even if you drop it in a trash can or flip it to a bum, lol. But I would hate to have mine taken too. But with Tony Malua and Jordan Lewis helping lead them to Jimmy Sykes, it made it a little more difficult to track it. It didn't make John Mc. look to dumb, and especially with the trail having to be even deader then it was back then. Granted the bullet fragments in the body helped.
Surprised that Jordan Lewis could help 5-0 bring down Sykes. But he did like Clayton. So Clayton was once a part of SVL and quit. He had gotten in Sykes's face. The "Howlie"(Tony Malua's words, not mine. No hate mail please!) messed with Sykes business. So Lewis(Sykes words) got Clayton killed. But he is sorry after both Lewis hits him and Steve shoots him. Nice that later Ellie went to see Lewis.

Nice that Ellie knew some stuff about cars. Does seem like maybe a romance is in the works? She is down to Earth. But I still miss Catherine in the right doses.

I think Flippa going in to get back Jerry's book really tipped off Farrow. He did know something was up, but not sure what in Jerry's case before. He might have thought Jerry a private dick, or he worked for a gang that was going to rob the place? Maybe Chin Ho shouldn't have told Jerry to back off like that. But at end we see Thomas Farrow book shop owner at Jerry's to probably kidnap him. Insert head in bag here. So the team may have to watch Jerry's tapes. They will figure out that the sporting talk was code. And maybe that Jerry was right about money laundering.

But I hope that the Matty/Marco Reyes story line isn't over. And don't have Jerry's story gone in one more episode.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

"So chin is that much older Even if he is 19-20 and a Rookie, would make him 12 years older then Steve?"

Yeah. I intended to bring that up.

That quarter. Yup. It was random. I hope we hear about that down the road.

And Immunity: Yup. Dropped it like it never happened. Kind of like the Tony/Ziva thing on NCIS (I'm a major fan). No mention of her at all in the last two seasons. Though that's going to change this coming episode.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread