Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't think it was awful, I enjoyed the episode. I do hope they balance things out a bit more and give Kono and Chin more screentime. Adam is definitely not what he used to be in the earlier seasons but they wrapped up his entire SL minus Kono so that doesn't really surprise me. I can definitely see them killing off Adam though to give Kono a big SL similar to Chin with Malia.

It would be nice if they got back to basics with Steve/Kono/Chin/Danny sharing more time as a group and also one on one time. We get a lot of McDanno but there's hardly any Steve/Kono or Steve/Chin or Danny/Chin or Danny/Kono or even Chin/Kono which we used to get as much Chin/Kono as McDanno and I miss that a lot.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

You have to admit that Danny went badbutt to protect Steve from the drone.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello, I'm new to this board.

My thoughts on Friday's episode, which I just watched Sunday night.

My thoughts:

First, right off the bat, I'm wondering what happened to Catherine. Did I forget something from the end of the last season where she goes away? If I didn't miss anything, then her absence was glaring in that she wasn't even mentioned

Second, I did enjoy the episode a lot. It was interesting to have them bring in an issue (drones) that's been all over the news.

I did love seeing Adam. He's gorgeous. Aside from that, I respectfully disagree with the idea that they kill him off similar to what they did with Mahlia (that was Chin's wife's name, right?). It's too copy cat'sh. He's not on the show enough to make a difference, one way or the other anyway. That being said, if they wanted to write him off, they could have him go away because he can't deal with Kono's wishy washy feelings about them getting married. That also paves the way for a perfect exit for Kono in the horrible event she decides to exit.

That's it from me.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Moderator Manager

I just watched the episode (finally!) and I liked it more than I was expecting.

Sure the plot as Lena mentioned was ridiculous and way too farfetched, but since this is a show where they brought back Doris as a super CIA agent that apparently failed/screwed her missions in the past (we already know of 2) I'm not even surprised.
And yeah, nothing can be worst than the helicopter with the claw

I LOVED the fact that there was no Wo Fat mention in it. I don't really want to hear about him till the 100th.

Although I like Grover, he did took away way too much screentime from Chin and Kono and that alone already makes me not okay with the character.
Jerry was amazing saving the day in the episode, and therefore had lots of screentime, but I also hope that doesn't become a thing.... he can be a consultor and appear from time to time like Kamekona, but if he starts to have more spotlight than Kono, I'll be pissed (just saying)

Danny was great!!! I loved that he got a bit of action scenes, he drove his own car (and it was finally addressed that he wants to drive his car, but Steve is too much of a control freak), and he'll have a SL (I didn't want to be family related, but I can wait to see how it will go).

Steve had his moments... but the running away with his leg just being shot at... RIDICULOUS! Yeah, adrenaline does help, but it would be believable if he had to run for his life when the drone came back right after he got shot (which didn't happen and he needed Danny's help to even get inside the car), and then when he needs to chase the most harmless guy (physically speaking)

I wish there was more of Chin in the episode, but I do like that he is getting a solo SL... just wish it was something different... the whole being investigated by IA has gotten old for him. I just don't get it, what logic is in it for IA to think Chin has the money since he did lock up Gabriel? Why would gabriel pay him if he is still doing time?!

Kono She is even prettier this season!!! I LOVE her hair (was mesmerized watching it in her every scene). And how cute was she going all "Sarah Connor" on Jerry's drone in that little scene?
I LOVE her and Adam and they're relationship really is adorable. I for one doubt that they'll kill him, because talk about overdoing the same SL. They can get married, even if Ian is not available... it's not like we'll get to see him in more than what 2 episodes per season since he is not a lead and doesn't have any open SL.

Max was cute as always, and I really like that Grover doesn't get him yet.... Max is peculiar and he should come off as a bit weird for some people. Also liked Dr Shaw, she seems like she can hold her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)
First, right off the bat, I'm wondering what happened to Catherine. Did I forget something from the end of the last season where she goes away? If I didn't miss anything, then her absence was glaring in that she wasn't even mentioned
Catherine is in Afghanistan or somewhere else trying to find that kidnapped kid (4.21). Michelle Borth is not a regular in the show anymore, so that's why she isn't around.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

First of all I am glad 5-0 is back!!

Unbelievable plots can be stupid or intriquing and for me this eppie fell into the latter catagory.

Random Thoughts:

Did anyone besides me thought Steve and Danny's therapy session look the beginning of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"?

As much as I love Steve, I always like to see someone (in this case Danny) point out his flaws and Danny calling Steve a "control freak" is certainly the truth.

Danny's scenes were great; he got to drive his own car and got some action time in. I enjoy the scenes where Danny isn't whining and shows us what a good cop he can be.

I still like Grover but it will take a few eppies before I completely decide whether I like him on 5-0 or not. As with everyone else, I don't want time taken away from Chin or Kono. I still maintain that it wouldn't surprise me if Grover is back as SWAT commander before season's end.

I like Jerry but I can't see how they will fit him in every eppie (can see him during the ohana moments at the end). If I am not mistaken JG lives full time in Hawaii, so if he isn't in every eppie, it won't be a hardship for the actor. I enjoyed him taking down the plane!!

Not enough Chin. I agree with Si; can Chin have a SL that doesn't involve IA?!!

Same with Kono. I love her to death and I think Ian/Adam is smokin', but can't she do anything else than be with Adam?!! Both of these characters can do so much more. Hopefully they won't be victims of bad writing as in past seasons.

Max was cool as usual and I think the new ME will be just fine.

Glad the new season is underway and looking forward to the next eppie!!
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I'm glad that it's back too

That scene totally reminded me the beginning of Mr & Ms Smith!! Loved it!!

I basically agree with all your post
Old 09-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Steve was and has been pretty much of bully to Danny, not treating him like an equal as a partner though both are best buds.

Danny I love, like Steve but love Danny. Steve getting car sick? Yeah right as Steve thinks he has no weaknesses. He does being a control freak. Steve denies it. Glad Danny brings it up.

Love Grover and glad that he is on the team. Probably in the minority there. But still hope he doesn't get bullied around like Danny does with Steve.

Kono and Adam will get married but hope it doesn't end in death like Chin's wife did remember in season 2 finale? Love them both together.

Chin having IA down his back is going to be a new arc with him.

Love Jerry as he will be the comic relief in the show. As he should not be underestimated.

Danny should had arrested that guy first of all. Despite the guy "knowing" his brother. As the guy should know Danny is a cop! Not bright writing on the producers parts.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Liked the beginning with Steve and Danny in therapy,(Review). Danno could cut back on his whining. He is not Miss Daisy was cute. His poor Camaro got shot up, even if it looked bullet proof at times.

Wouldn't more then the couple that got shot(Todd Sands/Mindy Powell) see it up on top of the hill? Johnathon Redmond controling the Drone made me think about Ian Wright(shot by Wo Fat last episode). Dr Mindy Shaw helping Max was cute. Will she replace Catherine? Didn't recognize her as Lauren from "The Crazy Ones", I'm slipping.

Jerry taking control of drone was good. He was a good driver. Danno calling him
"autotron" was funny. He was funny in his helmet and said he felt the force, lol.

I have never been when air raid sirens were going off, but would everyone just jump out of cars and run, doors open, and some probably still running? Wouldn't Emergency Services want the streets as clear as they could get?
Was amazing to that that airplane landed on the street and didn't hit a tree, pole, or wires? After being grounded it slid to a stop awful quick. Good to that all the cars weren't in their way.

Kamekone's "Get Bettah" balloon was funny.
Steve should have helped Jerry on his case after he was released from the hospital. He had been wounded. The case could be interesting.
Seems like a lot of cases coming up. No talk about Steve and his moms case,and is Catherine still in the foreign country? Shelburne. Kono and Adam still have to worry about the gang. Marko Reyes visits Danno about his brother. Chin Ho watched by internal affairs about the money his Uncle took.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I watched premiere 3 times already and it gets betetr with each viewing
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by webruce (View Post)
Kamekone's "Get Bettah" balloon was funny.
I love that balloon... and also his reaction when he saw that it was "only" a shot in the leg
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i still haven't viewed the premiere.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Moderator Manager

^ Hope you manage to watch it soon
Old 10-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Catherine is in Afghanistan or somewhere else trying to find that kidnapped kid (4.21). Michelle Borth is not a regular in the show anymore, so that's why she isn't around.
Thank you I knew I'd forgotten something. :duh:

About Jerry? I love the character and he did great in this episode, but I agree he should keep him on as a consultant and bring him on just periodically. They are definitely building a story line for a Jerry-centric episode ... what his him being watched over that bookstore thing and all.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I completely agree... Jerry works better as a recurring... but as long as his appearances are kept short, he can be like Max, being there in just some of the episodes doing his thing

I actually like the prospect of that SL... I mean, he is a paranoid guy, and he has the craziest theories, but it makes sense that he would stumble upon a real thing sometime.... Hope it's a good SL
Reply   Post New Thread