Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Who would've thought that I would be fapping over him now?!?!! I'm totally loving Chin Ho ATM
I remember that I HATED his guts in Angel, serves to prove that DDK is amazing
He is one of my fav the men is simple amazing

Never saw him on Angel so I don't know
Old 04-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Who would've thought that I would be fapping over him now?!?!! I'm totally loving Chin Ho ATM
I remember that I HATED his guts in Angel, serves to prove that DDK is amazing
Seriously, DDK was on Angel? I've seen couple of eppies, but obviously not with him in them. It was Lost I first got introduced to him (before it got confusing). Love the man !!!!!

I am really curious to see how the writers handled this fan built eppie, especially after viewing the Making Of.... video.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Moderator Manager

He is amazing!

He was a recurring from the end of season 2 till season 4... he was an evil lawyer
After that I saw him on 24... and then Lost.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

This episode was definitely better than previous one. We had Chin and Jerry going to the 25 th anniwersary reunion - their pictures on name tags were awesome
We had lots of screen time for Kono and Chin and it was good to see Max again. Kamekona was useful as well and helped bbring down bad guy in a labirynth
And some CIa people are really stupid if they try to scare off a Navy Seal. I think joe should get his ass kicked for all the lies he told to Steve.
Overall solid episode - good comeback after 3 weeks break. I wonder what the ratings will be though with all the fan input it worked pretty well.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked it a lot

It was a fun episode with a fair share of all the main characters was good to see Kamekona again missed him.

Loved the Chin & Jerry wouldn't mind to see more of them in the future. This eppie we got a lot of Chin he really would be a great leader IMO!

Why can't Steve and Danny not always act like they did in this episode without the bickering you can see these two are really great friends.

No idea where the SL for Steve is going to but please No!! more Doris

The writers did a really good job with the fan picked elements they were given kudos to them
Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I liked it a lot
Why can't Steve and Danny not always act like they did in this episode without the bickering you can see these two are really great friends.
Agreed. And thank godness next week we will have true bonding for our favourite male duo - short preview of episode 19 looks pretty intense.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I really enjoyed this eppie. Despite my very low opinion of these writers, I think they did a really good job taking what the fans chose and build a very entertaining eppie.

Random Thoughts:

Loved that it was Chin and Jerry's high school reunion. It is nice to see Chin and see a bit into his past. (I can see him as Most Dependable) Enjoyed watching them strut into the gym. Their pictures cracked me up.

I was grossed out when the victim fell on the stiletto.

Poor Jerry; never got to tell the victim how he appreciated how nice she was to him during high school. Nice moment with Catherine.

I have always liked Mackenzie Astin and it was good to see him again.

The motive was one of the oldest but it was handled well.

While he was obnoxious, I didn't think it was the illusionist.

Was glad to see Kamekono use his copter to help find the Bradley.

Nice ohana moment (good to see Max there again) too bad it had to be cut short...Which leads to my

RANT OF THE WEEK (or go so far to say THE SERIES)

Another installment of what I affectionately call The Storyline That will Never End. More questions no answers

Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't we been suffering through this mess for the better part of three seasons now and there is no resolution in sight? All we know is:
1. Shelbourne is Doris and Doris is obnoxious and hiding something.
2. Steve and Wo Fat AREN'T half brothers.

We still don't know how much of the tool box fits in, why Doris killed Wo Fat's father, why she visited him in prison and now who was buried in the grave in Cambodia and where did the CIA agent go and how Doris is linked to all of this.

Quote:
No idea where the SL for Steve is going to but please No!! more Doris
I have a sick feeling Lena that the season ending eppie (probably a cliffy) will deal with Doris and the afore mentioned grave. We are not rid of her yet.

Will this ever end? Do the writers even know where they are headed with this awful SL? This SL ruined at least s2 if not s3 for me and took IMO a great villian in Wo Fat and turned him into a joke. This stupid SL needs to end and end soon!!!

Okay, rant over. I feel better now
Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
I really enjoyed this eppie. Despite my very low opinion of these writers, I think they did a really good job taking what the fans chose and build a very entertaining eppie.

RANT OF THE WEEK (or go so far to say THE SERIES)

Another installment of what I affectionately call The Storyline That will Never End. More questions no answers

Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't we been suffering through this mess for the better part of three seasons now and there is no resolution in sight? All we know is:
1. Shelbourne is Doris and Doris is obnoxious and hiding something.
2. Steve and Wo Fat AREN'T half brothers.

We still don't know how much of the tool box fits in, why Doris killed Wo Fat's father, why she visited him in prison and now who was buried in the grave in Cambodia and where did the CIA agent go and how Doris is linked to all of this.

I have a sick feeling Lena that the season ending eppie (probably a cliffy) will deal with Doris and the afore mentioned grave. We are not rid of her yet.

Will this ever end? Do the writers even know where they are headed with this awful SL? This SL ruined at least s2 if not s3 for me and took IMO a great villian in Wo Fat and turned him into a joke. This stupid SL needs to end and end soon!!!

Okay, rant over. I feel better now

I agree they did their best what they were given from the fans

They jump the shark with this SL in season 2 when all of a sudden Steve mom was alive and well living in Japan and abandoned her kids for 20 years after that they didn't had a clue how to fix it. Now we are at the end and of this season and the writers thought Ohh!! yeah we still have a SL for Steve going about his mom let's show them a empty grave what will bring more questions then answers.

Me too again we will get a cliffhanger about this SL all because why wouldn't we give the fans a happy ending for a change if we have this ongoing SL I am sick of it I only can hope they will find the body and it will be Doris for sure I'll will make a happy dance if that will be the case THE END OF DORIS WILL BE A BLESSING FOR THIS TV SHOW!!

This show knows a way to drop SL like the Steve/Doris & Kono/Adam and bring it back right before the finale

We know Steve will loose Cath in 4.21 mark my words Steve will only focus on Doris in 4.22 and we don't see him grieve or whatsoever!!

Season 4 is better then season 3 for me but TBH none of the characters had a real SL this season.

Okay my rant is over too
Old 04-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Moderator Manager

The lack of good SL for the characters is really something sad.... The characters have so much potential and in the end it's all wasted
Old 04-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The lack of good SL for the characters is really something sad.... The characters have so much potential and in the end it's all wasted
To na fair, this season we had some really good stories about some characters like Chin for instance. We had excellent episode about IA investigation. Kono and Adam arc was pretty ridiculous and it was forced by Grace's pregnancy as we all know, so I am not complaining that much here. Danny image character that got sidelined this season, much of that was due to his absence and other commitments. Steve seemed to have his personal life back on track and he had happy relationship with Cat, until writers and probably Michelle Borth contributed to rather abrupt ending pf all this in episode 21. Definitely it was not easy to keep the coherent story telling in such circumstances.
So, we had some stunt casting and writing gimmick to latach all this up and of course not everything was good. But we got two new, awesome characters: Lou and Jerry. We had some really amazing episodes like Peral Harbour one. We had many laughs and many emotional moments and plenty of Hawaii scenery!
Also, we still have Doris story but at least it was to absolute minimum!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateofi (View Post)
To na fair, this season we had some really good stories about some characters like Chin for instance. We had excellent episode about IA investigation. Kono and Adam arc was pretty ridiculous and it was forced by Grace's pregnancy as we all know, so I am not complaining that much here. Danny image character that got sidelined this season, much of that was due to his absence and other commitments. Steve seemed to have his personal life back on track and he had happy relationship with Cat, until writers and probably Michelle Borth contributed to rather abrupt ending pf all this in episode 21. Definitely it was not easy to keep the coherent story telling in such circumstances.
So, we had some stunt casting and writing gimmick to latach all this up and of course not everything was good. But we got two new, awesome characters: Lou and Jerry. We had some really amazing episodes like Peral Harbour one. We had many laughs and many emotional moments and plenty of Hawaii scenery!
Also, we still have Doris story but at least it was to absolute minimum!
Agreed this season is a vast improvement over the last two. S2 had the stunt casting. My opinion of Lori Weston has softened over the last couple of years; LW/LG were victims of poor promotion and even worse writing. Most of S3's storylines were just awful with far too much emphasis being placed on Doris/Shelbourne to the detriment of other character like Chin Ho. Outside of the Adam/Kono SL (which like you afeofi I didn't complain too much about because of Grace's pregnancy) which dragged out too long, the storylines/cases aren't too bad with the Pearl Harbor eppie being the best one of the season if not the series. There has been far more of Chin Ho even having a couple of eppies delving into his past (why this character was ever ignored, I'll never understand) I agree Jerry and Lou were excellent additions and while MB/CR will be missed, the show will go on.

Quote:
I do agree with Si that this is still an issue; the cases may be a little better but these writers can't write good SLs for the characters if their lives depended on it.

Quote:
We know Steve will loose Cath in 4.21 mark my words Steve will only focus on Doris in 4.22 and we don't see him grieve or whatsoever!!
I think Catherine will be mentioned in the season finale but I agree because of the Storyline That Will Never End, I am pretty sure it won't be more than a passing mention. Steve doesn't do or say or think of much of anything else while Doris is around.
I hope that they build on what I see as the beginning of possible PTSD for Steve (the eppie where he had two heart to hearts with Grover). Grieving for the loss of Catherine could be included here. But if these writer stay true to form, we may never hear Catherine's name again
Old 04-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I can't remember it was a clip or a interview but one of the reporter ask DDK about did he found anything interest about his character develop? He say Chin has a new haircut. Even the actor/actress notice how there no good materials for them, now that is sad.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Good episode!!!

I like the twists in it!
Chin and Jerry arriving at the reunion was priceless!!! LOVED that scene!!!!!

And Jerry is so adorable!! I'm glad he'll appear more next season. And he was so heartbroken by Laura being dead

Amazing seeing Kamekona helping out the team with his helicopter

I have to complain about the timeline of the episode.... because it started off with Chin and Jerry walking out of the limousine to go inside the reunion, just to be cut to Steve and Danny hiking to find the open grave, than it's back to the reunion and Steve and Danny are already on the plane back from Camboja. And right when they are taking out the dead body from the crime scene, Steve arrives there?!?!?!? Do they have like a super airplane?!?! FAIL!!!

And I have to say... I don't care at all about Doris, the champ box, Shellburne or anything related to that... It's time Steve gets another SL because this one is just ridiculous.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Good episode!!!

I like the twists in it!
Chin and Jerry arriving at the reunion was priceless!!! LOVED that scene!!!!!

And Jerry is so adorable!! I'm glad he'll appear more next season. And he was so heartbroken by Laura being dead

Amazing seeing Kamekona helping out the team with his helicopter

I have to complain about the timeline of the episode.... because it started off with Chin and Jerry walking out of the limousine to go inside the reunion, just to be cut to Steve and Danny hiking to find the open grave, than it's back to the reunion and Steve and Danny are already on the plane back from Camboja. And right when they are taking out the dead body from the crime scene, Steve arrives there?!?!?!? Do they have like a super airplane?!?! FAIL!!!

And I have to say... I don't care at all about Doris, the champ box, Shellburne or anything related to that... It's time Steve gets another SL because this one is just ridiculous.
I am a big fan of Jerry can't wait to see him more next season

High Heels are not good felt for Jerry

I agree the timeline sucks I was confused while watching the eppie!!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:55 AM
Moderator Manager

I like Jerry too... I want to see him more often in season 5, but I honestly don't get why he will be a regular.... I think he works on a recurring role, like Kamekona.

Who would've thought that high heels could be a murder weapon

Ugh, my OCD was killing me with the timeline in this episode..... I just wanted to punch someone
Reply   Post New Thread