Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 4.08 “Akanahe” ~ November 15 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

4.08 “Akanahe”

“IReluctant Partners”

McGARRETT AND GROVER MUST WORK TOGETHER TO PROTECT NATIONAL SECURITY WHEN THEY’RE TASKED BY THE GOVERNOR TO SERVE A WARRANT TO A YOUNG COMPUTER HACKER, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 15 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Nick Jonas Guest Stars as a Computer Hacker

“*Akanahe” – McGarrett and Grover must work together to protect national security after they are tasked by the Governor to serve a warrant to a young computer hacker, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Nick Jonas guest stars as the young computer hacker.

(*Akanahe is Hawaiian for “Reluctant Partners”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, what do u think @NickJonas is up 2 & do u think #McG will figure it out in time?! 11/15 9PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | McGARRETT AND GROVER MUST WORK TOGETHER TO PROTECT NATIONAL SECURITY WHEN THEY’RE TASKED BY THE GOVERNOR TO SERVE A WARRANT TO A YOUNG COMPUTER HACKER, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 15 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

SERIES REGULARS:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)

Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)

Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)

Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)

Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)

Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:

Richard T. Jones (Governor Sam Denning)

Chi McBride (Captain Lou Grover)

GUEST CAST:

Louis Ozawa Changchien (Riku Sato)

Paige Hurd (Samantha Grover)

Nick Jonas (Ian Wright)

Andrew Pang (Luke Davis)

Eri Aihara (Wife)

Dalton Pitre (Boy)

Melissa Puana-Martin (Governor’s Administrator)

Stephen Meyers (Paramedic)

Hoku Gilbert (Branch Manager)

Sam Merritt (Student)

WRITTEN BY: Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt

DIRECTED BY: Jerry Levine

Promo/Sneak Peek

Old 11-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!
An OK episode and it cold have been better. First of all, the chemistry between Lou and steve was perfect I laughed few times, especially when McGarret didn't recognize the shooting from te game. These guys behaved like offended children and that was nice comic relief. We got to see the governor again - he should appear more often.
By the way, is that the first episode in the series that bad guy escapes Five O? I think it is - actually it's a nice change how Nick Jonas's character played both Grover and Steve. Also it was nice to see Kono even for a brief moment and now we know that Adam lives.
There were however down ups like where was Danny? I a starting to wonder what's going on with Scott? we now about Grace but is Scott absent again? Also that computer program cat got from the navy in just nick of time - that was too much of a stretch for me.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah glad to see someone really giving it to Steve. As Steve really needs to be taken down a notch by people like Grover. Which he is not used to. But hope these two will learn to play nice and get along in future episodes.

Steve is beyond reckless and out of control. Hence running two red lights. As really the Governor really either thinks Steve is doing the job right. Or that really even the Governor can't control Steve.

Liked seeing Kono though briefly. But can't wait to get her back in episode 12 full time!

As Lou hence the ending, does not like to ride shotgun. Steve does not either LOL!

Missed Scott as he was busy writing a play in LA and that is why Five 0 was short on people to get Grover there.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was an episode fulll of action and humor just Fantastic!!

Great to see the team helping Kono finding Adam they caught Sato very quick and I was happy to hear from him Adam was still alive!!

Steve and Grover- EPIC !! all around brilliant dialogue- and they worked very well off each other. Can't wait to see more about Chi his scene's with his daughter were cute reminds me of the bond Danny has with Gracie wonder what the reason is Grover moved to Hawaii

Speaking about Danny sorry Danny fans but I didn't missed Danny in this episode!

Finally we got to see Govenor Denning again loved that he calls Steve by his name in stead of Commander.

I thought the use of Catherine in the episode was very well done too. She did exactly what many of us were hoping she'd do. Manning the computer table and seeing her do what she does best, intel. Was cute how Chin called her Newbie.

Case of the week was interesting, for once no murder and it seems we have a new Villian for Five-O Ian is his name and Nick Jonas played him wonderful kudos to him

Still loving this season sofar the writing is great so as the storylines
Old 11-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Extreme Fan

This eppie was pretty good.

Random Thoughts:

While it was nice to see the team minus Danny (by the way, where was he?!!!) rally around Kono, I am getting a little tired of the storyline. It was good to hear Adam is still alive though.

I was loving the Steve-Grover interaction, and despite the bickering, IMO, they have pretty good chemistry. I was a little afraid that Grover would be written in a way that he would pale in comparasion to Steve but he was shown as a very good cop. I have admit I found myself siding with Grover; no one has challenged Steve and called him on his crap and frankly he needs it. Steve, at times, is everything Grover charged in his complaint, which Steve validated by snatching the confidential report off of the Governor's desk.

Quote:
Finally we got to see Govenor Denning again loved that he calls Steve by his name in stead of Commander.
Actually, I really wasn't crazy about that. I mentioned before that I thought the Governor shouldn't be drinking beers with Steve and calling by his first name kind of fits in with that. The reason why I feel this way is with an employee like Steve who has a tendency to do what he does, the Govenor needs to keep a professional distance so he comes off as more of an authority figure, something despite his speech in the beginning of season two, IMO he hasn't done. Steve still seemingly gets away with more than he should and should be stepped on more often. What happened to that Governor who told him there were consequences for his actions? I hope while they don't remain completely at each other's throats, Steve and Grover don't become buddy-buddy and Grover continues to call Steve out.

Nick Jonas did an excellent job as a villain and I would love to see him return again.

As long as they continue to use Catherine in the way they did, I guess I could tolerate her as a member of Five-0.

I did miss Danny.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I liked the governor as well. Maybe he didn't address Steve as Commander but "sit down Steve" was said with authority and McGarret didn't even blink. Also, Denning got both to do exactly what he wanted - so yes maybe he wasn't very offical but still he used his authority to make Grover and Steve work together.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Another very entertaining episode. Loved the Steve-Grover interaction. For me it's way better than any Steve/Danny interaction and I didn't miss Danny at all.

Nice to see Kono back and that Adam is not dead. Really hope the writers don't kill him off.

loving Catherine much more this season. I didn't think I'd bother watching season 4 but glad I have.
h50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by h50fan (View Post)
Another very entertaining episode. Loved the Steve-Grover interaction. For me it's way better than any Steve/Danny interaction and I didn't miss Danny at all.

Nice to see Kono back and that Adam is not dead. Really hope the writers don't kill him off.

loving Catherine much more this season. I didn't think I'd bother watching season 4 but glad I have.
I am hoping for more Steve/Grover time in the future It's good to see someone calling Steve out about his actions he has a habit to go overboard sometimes was glad that they both admit they did a great job that day.

I hope Adam will survive but this Sl needs to get wrap up it becomes boring to me.

I am happy you are enjoying season 4 sofar same go's for me this season is way better then the last one!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hopefully that we get to see more Nick Jonas. As he would be quite a recurring villain.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Moderator Manager

So, this was a good episode.

It was AWESOME to see the team helping out Kono.... that SL is boring as hell, but still nice to see that they were there when she needed it.

As much as I love Danny, this episode I didn't miss him at all.
I did think Chin was in the background again... but I understand why, since it was an episode centered in the forced partnership between Steve and Grover.

I LOVE Grover!! Seriously... he is exactly what the show needed to put Steve in his place.
And speaking of Steve, I HATED him in the episode. Talk about being arrogant and having the mightier-than-thou attitude.... I love that Steve is all super ninja SEAL, but he was a total jerk acting like he was better than others. He is a Navy guy, the least he could be was respectful

As for the SL, it was ridiculous the way it started, because since when does the Governor receive or is kept on the loop of average people that don't pay their parking tickets?!?!?!
But the twists in the plot, as well as Nick Jonas as the villain, were really AWESOME! I have to say that I wasn't all that excited about Nick Jonas guest starring, but he did an amazing job.... and I'm glad he got away... finally someone that H50 didn't magically took down in one episode.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread