Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 4.06 “Kupouli ‘la” ~ November 1 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!!

4.06 “Kupouli ‘la”

“Broken”

WHEN HALLOWEEN COMES TO HAWAII AND A ZOMBIE-LIKE MAN IS SHOT, FIVE-0 RACES TO STOP A MADMAN CONDUCTING EXPERIMENTS ON HUMANS, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 1 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Rumer Willis Returns and Corbin Bernsen Guest Stars

“Kupouli ‘la*” – When Halloween comes to Hawaii and a zombie-like man is shot, Five-0 races to stop a madman who is conducting experiments on humans, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 1 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Rumer Willis returns as Max’s girlfriend and Corbin Bernsen guest stars.

(*Kupouli ‘la is Hawaiian for “Broken”)

CHEAT TWEET: It’s #Halloween in Hawaii on #H50! Danno’s house is TP’d & u’ll never guess who did it! 11/1 9PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | WHEN HALLOWEEN COMES TO HAWAII AND A ZOMBIE-LIKE MAN IS SHOT, FIVE-0 RACES TO STOP A MADMAN CONDUCTING EXPERIMENTS ON HUMANS, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 1 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

SERIES REGULARS:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Rumer Willis (Sabrina Lane)

GUEST CAST:
Keo Woolford (Sgt. James Chang)
Corbin Bernsen (Henry Upton)
DJ Qualls (Marshall Demps)
Dixie Rose (Lisa Mills)
Kenneth Matepi (Dr. William Ellery)
Brian Tee (Ryu Nabushi/Hideaki Kuroda)
Joseph Dubiel (Moviegoer)
Masayo Terao (Trauma Doctor)
Lance Teixeira (Driver)
Kawika Smith (Security Guard)
Wesley Busser (Morgue Attendant)
Clint Howard (Superintendant)
Steven Sung (CSU Tech)
Yosef Kasnetzkov (Brock Upton)
Scott Folsom (Michael Besner)

WRITTEN BY: Sue Palmer and David Wolkove
DIRECTED BY: Jon Terlesky

Promo/Sneak Peek

Old 11-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you Lena Hope this is a good episode, not all that fond of the Halloween episodes.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimifreak (View Post)
Thank you Lena Hope this is a good episode, not all that fond of the Halloween episodes.
You're welcome Marlene

Me either Marlene maybe because we don't celebrate Halloween here in Holland! But I hope this episode will give us some cute and funny moments

Love your new icon Marlene
Old 11-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Same here We go to our grave sites, light candles and remember our dead, but that is about it. No costumes or candy and stuff.

Yeah, isn´t it nice? Si is very talented Likes yours too.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Beware of the Zombies or ghosts here in Hawaii LOL!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!
Hope it's a good episode!

Glad you two liked the icons
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Excellent!! Excellent!! Episode I loved it!! The writers knocked it out of the park!!!! For me the best episode of this season.

Great humor, actual police work, nothing over the top actions, the crime case was "Halloween" creepy got me hocked from the first min.

Everyone had great character moments, Cath grieving , Steve at the door with the kids and be there for Cath., Danny with Grace, Max and Sabrina , Steve and Danny in the party bus, Chin and his motorcycle and Chin with Cath.

The opening wit Max and Sabrina dacing OMG!!!! Priceless These two are made for each other. And later in the Hospital Sabrina talking about zombie baby's and cuddle into bed with Max

Chin arriving at the crime scene in his leather Jacket on his Motorcycle do I have to say more

Seems Billy is not forgotten seeing Cath running and thinking about him. Cath feels quilty and is still grieving about Billy's dead. Kudos to the writers of this episode for keeping the continuity in this SL

Steve staying at home handeling the trick and treaters was cute as was his talk with Cath. Billy is not forgotten Steve is right nothing brings Billy back so Cath need to stop punishing herself for his dead she doesn't have to forget but she need to forgive herself Steve's confession how he had struggled with similar emotions in the past was really great.

Danno's tree getting toilet-papered which was in his eye's a crime and he wanted to find the criminal who did it. He even wanted to track down finger prints what gave him some funny remarks from Steve. To find out later it was Grace who did it, friends dare her to do it ans she didn't wanted to be mean to somebody else.

So much Chin this episode Chin first and only one at the crime scene talking with Duke, Max and Sabrina, his scene's with Steve and Danny were great. Cath wants the help Chin in finding Kono and Adam. But the best was saved for last Chin inform Steve about Adam I was so freaky happy to hear that Chin seems to kept Steve in the loop the whole time since Steve know Adam been taken captive.

Last week I lost interest in Adam/Kono but now the Yazaku storyline involving Adam and Kono is getting very interesting. Especially when Steve got home and found Cath working on finding Adam and said " So What's the Plan".......

Great quest, Great Crime case, Great episode!

Can't wait till next week " Three man and a baby girl "

Now I am gonna watch the episode again

Last edited by Immunity; 11-02-2013 at 11:29 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

The only thing I didn´t get about this episode?

That weird conversation between Danny and Steve about Danny´s claustrophobia . I mean, what? What was that about? He has been in close spaces before, yet this has never come up until now.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimifreak (View Post)
The only thing I didn´t get about this episode?

That weird conversation between Danny and Steve about Danny´s claustrophobia . I mean, what? What was that about? He has been in close spaces before, yet this has never come up until now.
I think it;s something Danny kept from Steve all this time I am breaking me head if I ever have seen Danny in a small space.

The only time I could remember was when kids found a men in a abandoned mine shaft and Danny refuse to go down with Steve, Max went in stead of Danny.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Really Steve needs to at least pay for the gas. And not let Danny have to pay for it. Since it is a Five 0 car. As there needs to be a compromise but doubt it will happen.

If Steve wants to drive the Camaro, then Danny needs to let Steve at least pay for the gas. That it is only a fair trade IMHO!

Grace doing her father's house. I mean, of all people, I would not have expected that. But at least she admitted it would had been better to do her own house than at another house. Where somebody would had been mean to her.

But her dad must have punished her off the screen like grounding her.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Excellent!! Excellent!! Episode I loved it!! The writers knocked it out of the park!!!! For me the best episode of this season.
Great humor, actual police work, nothing over the top actions, the crime case was "Halloween" creepy got me hocked from the first min.
Everyone had great character moments, Cath grieving , Steve at the door with the kids and be there for Cath., Danny with Grace, Max and Sabrina , Steve and Danny in the party bus, Chin and his motorcycle and Chin with Cath.
The opening wit Max and Sabrina dacing OMG!!!! Priceless These two are made for each other. And later in the Hospital Sabrina talking about zombie baby's and cuddle into bed with Max
Chin arriving at the crime scene in his leather Jacket on his Motorcycle do I have to say more
Seems Billy is not forgotten seeing Cath running and thinking about him. Cath feels quilty and is still grieving about Billy's dead. Kudos to the writers of this episode for keeping the continuity in this SL
Steve staying at home handeling the trick and treaters was cute as was his talk with Cath. Billy is not forgotten Steve is right nothing brings Billy back so Cath need to stop punishing herself for his dead she doesn't have to forget but she need to forgive herself Steve's confession how he had struggled with similar emotions in the past was really great.
Danno's tree getting toilet-papered which was in his eye's a crime and he wanted to find the criminal who did it. He even wanted to track down finger prints what gave him some funny remarks from Steve. To find out later it was Grace who did it, friends dare her to do it ans she didn't wanted to be mean to somebody else.
So much Chin this episode Chin first and only one at the crime scene talking with Duke, Max and Sabrina, his scene's with Steve and Danny were great. Cath wants the help Chin in finding Kono and Adam. But the best was saved for last Chin inform Steve about Adam I was so freaky happy to hear that Chin seems to kept Steve in the loop the whole time since Steve know Adam been taken captive.
Last week I lost interest in Adam/Kono but now the Yazaku storyline involving Adam and Kono is getting very interesting. Especially when Steve got home and found Cath working on finding Adam and said " So What's the Plan".......
Great quest, Great Crime case, Great episode!
Can't wait till next week " Three man and a baby girl "
Now I am gonna watch the episode again
----------
Definitely the best Halloween episode and the story could actually happen in real life. Surely Mr. Brock will not be awarded father of the year prize As for other staff - I did like Max and Sabrina -it's good that they are in relationship Steve and Danno's cargument was hilarious -poor Danno - he still lacks Halloween spirit It wa funny though to see that Grace was the "hardened criminal" who used all the toilet paper and put it on a tree Also, it was a bit surprising Danny was claustrofobic and Steve's comment about it. It was nice to see Cat and Chin join forces to find Riku Sato and Adam - it's good that she is keeping herself occupied. Still I'm wondering about her future though - the easiest way would be for her to be in charge of Billy's company - well we have to wait and see. Nice episode all around after last week's luckluster.

Last edited by ateofi; 11-06-2013 at 09:19 AM
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Extreme Fan

FINALLY got to see this eppie (have a brutal work schedule this month) and I agree with Lena, this is the best eppie so far.

Random Thoughts:

It was great to see Sabrina again and she and Max are so cute together.

The characters who vitually disappeared (for whatever reason) in the last eppie, there was plenty of them in this one,

Lots of Max!!

Lots of Chin!!

The SL was pretty creepy and kind of sick.

Corbin Bernsen was great. He was creepy and seemingly normal at the same time.

Glad to see the continuity with Catherine still feeling guilty over Billy. Hope they don't just drop it.

One thing I like about this season is IMO the increase in screentime for Sgt. Duke Lukela. I have always loved this character.

Since when has Danny been claustrophobic?

Gracie TPing was interesting. It is realistic to show that she could give in to peer pressure and it showed me that she had a conscience by not wanting to inconvenience anyone else.

Steve and Danny on the party bus cracked me up.

Looking forward to seeing Steve Danny and Chin with the baby.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great post Lori

I found the balance between the screen time of the characters perfect for each fan something to be happy about!!

Quote:
Glad to see the continuity with Catherine still feeling guilty over Billy. Hope they don't just drop it.
I was happy they didn't drop it like they did with Chin when Malia died. I was also very pleased to see a real conversation between Steve and Cath for the first time.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I was happy they didn't drop it like they did with Chin when Malia died. I was also very pleased to see a real conversation between Steve and Cath for the first time.
It really annoys me when something tragic happens and in the next eppies they gloss over it as if it never happened. I am not saying that Catherine-grieving-over-Billy SL should go on and on and on (aka like The Storyline That Never Ends) but having her get past it right away is very unrealistic considering Catherine and Billy's past and present relationship. Having her and Steve discuss it, just adds to the realness of the situation.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
It really annoys me when something tragic happens and in the next eppies they gloss over it as if it never happened. I am not saying that Catherine-grieving-over-Billy SL should go on and on and on (aka like The Storyline That Never Ends) but having her get past it right away is very unrealistic considering Catherine and Billy's past and present relationship. Having her and Steve discuss it, just adds to the realness of the situation.
Same here it annoys the hell out of me when something tragic happens and the next week they all over it. Now Cath is helping Chin to found Adam what gave her a new purpose in life they will wrap up her SL with Billy any time soon.
Reply   Post New Thread