Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 4.04 ~ “A ia la aku” ~ October 18 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

4.04 “A ia la aku”

“From This Day Forward”

FIVE-0 INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A WEDDING CRASHER AND THEIR PRIME SUSPECT IS THE RUNAWAY BRIDE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 18 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Rebecca De Mornay Guest Stars

“A ia la aku*” – Five-0 investigates the murder of a wedding crasher, and their prime suspect is the runaway bride. Meanwhile, Danny makes a big decision regarding his relationship with Gabby, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Oct. 18 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Rebecca De Mornay guest stars.

(*A ia la aku is Hawaiian for “From This Day Forward”)

CHEAT TWEET: Going 2 Hawaii 4 a #destinationwedding? #RunawayBride +murdered #WeddingCrasher = #H50! 10/18 9PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | FIVE-0 INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A WEDDING CRASHER AND THEIR PRIME SUSPECT IS THE RUNAWAY BRIDE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 18 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

SERIES REGULARS:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Autumn Reeser (Gabby Asano)
Justin Bruening (Billy Harrington)

GUEST CAST:
James Adam Lim (Yori)
Briana Lane (Dahlia Swain)
Alex Asbaugh (Nathan Cotchin)
Rebecca De Mornay (Barbara Cotchin)
Bruce Nozick (Allen Kingston)
Greg Collins (Victor Wyatt)
Lawrence Kao (Ty Amano)
Shelbie Koch (Maid of Honor)
Raleigh Craighead (Best Man)
JT Netterville (Security Guard)
Ray Oda (Chaplain)
Manoa Strings (Wedding Quartet)

WRITTEN BY: Christina M. Kim and David Wolkove
DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Promo/Sneak Peeks

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

sneak peak from 4 x 04

Enjoy

VIDEO: Sneak Peek - 'A ia la Aku' Episode of CBS's HAWAII FIVE-O - BWWTVWorld
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting loved how concern Chin is about Kono and wants that Adam keeps his promise!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

A good episode. Loved the scene where Cath asked Steve for a favor
Old 10-19-2013, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked this episode

The mixed between all the characters private life and the crime of the week was well done
I was pleasantly surprised that the runaway bride actually lived and wasn't killed.

Love that they tune down the action a bit and that 5-0 has been acting a lot more like actual police lately.

Love BAMF Kono/Adam hope all good turns out for them I can't figure out why the yazaku want Adam and Kono dead..

Was glad that Chin remind Adam on his promise the look on his face whenever anything will happend to Kono I already feel for that person DDK rocked that scene he was FABULOUS!!!!

The double date was cute but if I would have sat there I would smak Steve and Danny no wonder everybody was happy the boys get called for a crime.

I love this new Steve every week he gets more and more plus points from me he really act like a great boyfriend who let his girlfriend take her own discissions and support her in it. Loved that he waited for her to hear how her first day went

Loved that this time it was Catherine who ask for a favor

The carguments were great but Danny, Danny did you ever had one romantic bone in your body

What the hell was that at the end Danny did you or did you not broke up with Gabby Your breaking up with Gabby because she's going to keep getting these job offers in other locations and you have to think of Gracie she need a stable home WTF! and while you breaking up with her you kissed her twice.

OMG!!!!!!! Next week promo

I have a feeling how this episode will end remembering the promo pics 7 day's what a wait!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm glad that you liked the episode Lena. Unfortunately I will see it on Tuesday as I am not at home currently. But I did see the promo for next episode - wow that looks intense. Cpt Grover is back and Cat is shot.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good Episode!
Adam and Kono interrogating the Yakuza member was intense. They got out of him who they needed to. He at first said it was Michael Noshimuri who they are trying to avenge, but it came out as more. he told about them using Kono before thy cut her up. Adam wounds him. But they find out it is Aku Sato. Good that Chin had them take it off speaker phone. You don't know if the thug will escape or get word out to his consorts. Chin wants them to leave Hong Kong. Still Doris is MIA. She isn't helping them much. Nice for Danny to console Chin about Kono.

Steve/Catherine, Danno/Gabby in the theater. Steve isn't impressed. He goes back to his obnoxious days. Laughs and comments about the show. Danny has to explain the plot. Good thing they got the call!
Catherine at work on her first detail was dressed sharp. Funny she asked Steve for a favor and he jokingly baulked. Seems they are playing up to our concerns. But he does help ofcourse. Billy calling themselves "Little Wing"(Cath.) and "Big kahuna"(himself) was cute. Steve waiting on the porch was nice her first night after work. Big Hug. Billy should have gotten a message there. But at end Billy telling Cath. he made the right choice and again Steve has that wonderment look in on his face.

John Fitzpatrick(Brad Dickson) found dead. He it seems is a guest and with further investigation Chin Ho finds out he and Dalia Barnes are related, Bro/Sis. Dalia Swain(Nicole Dickson) leaves her wedding and then crashes a nice Mustang. Please don't ruin old cars in shows!!! Then pushed down a embankment. All that rolling and her lap belt held her in place!?! Now we see John pushed her car the rest of way off the road. Danny saves her and she is pretty good shape in hospital. Head was up when Steve and Danny talked to her in hospital.

Future husband Nathan Cotchin and mom Barbara come in. I was sure it was her that did it. Even though Lawyer Allen Kingston seemed fishy too. Nice that Steve and Danny help push Nathan to go and tell her he loves her and he had seen her note to him. The hospital wedding was so sweet!!

Ty Amamo who had the gun that killed Fitzpatrick was a nice change. He was cocky but playing beach volleyball instead of hangin out in an alley, bar or in his home and Danny and Steve having to run them down. He held a package for a guy? He sold the gun to Fitzpatrick. Nice that Barbara was bugged and helped 5-0 get Allen. He had a gun on her too to get 5 Mil. Allan hired them to scam Nathan for his money. But he said Delia did it.

Danny and Gabby split so she can go to 6 month assignment.Grace needs her. But Grace's mom should be around more. Hopefully they will be back together. Read on another forum she is pregnant in real life.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have finally watched the episode and it was a bit worse than previous ones.
Crime story was not so interesting but it was coherently written. The ceremony at the hospital was also nice touch. But the best parts of the episodes were those not connected to the case like Kono and Adam development or Danno and Gaby.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Extreme Fan

FINALLY got an opportunity to come over here.

Random Thoughts:

I rather liked the case. Even though it was a bit of a cliche to have the slimy lawyer do it, I'm glad it wasn't the mother.

Rebecca De Mornay isn't aging too well.

I was sad to see Gabby and Danny go their separate ways I loved them together. The reason, to me anyway, was a bit of a head scratcher . I could understand if Grace was 8 but she's a rather mature 11 and I think she would understand about Gabby's jobs better than Danny thinks she would.

Chin to the rescue!!

I probably should watch the eppie again, but I had a bit of a problem understanding why Kono was being targeting for death along with Adam if it wasn't in retaliation for Michael's death.

And Kono, I know Adam is smokin' hot and you two together are hotter than the surface of the sun, but PLEASE COME BACK SOON, I MISS YOU!!!!

Gabby: Could you two leave the running commentary for the DVD?

I just love Max.

I will always give credit where credit is due so GOOD FOR YOU CATHERINE when she asked Steve for that favor, and he declined, I thought he was kidding. I am glad she pointed out all the favors she has done for him over the years. And don't let him forget it either Catherine.

Not as interested as some of you in tomorrow's eppie but looking forward to seeing Chi McBride again.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I rather liked the case. Even though it was a bit of a cliche to have the slimy lawyer do it, I'm glad it wasn't the mother.
For a moment I thought it was her was glad it was the lawer at the end and good for mom to help Five-O to catch that guy

Quote:
I was sad to see Gabby and Danny go their separate ways I loved them together. The reason, to me anyway, was a bit of a head scratcher . I could understand if Grace was 8 but she's a rather mature 11 and I think she would understand about Gabby's jobs better than Danny thinks she would.
I agree to use Gracie for the break up was a bit lame but they needed something bc Autumm was 7 months pregnant at the time they shoot the eppie.

Quote:
Chin to the rescue!!
Chin was awesome DDK rocked his scene's

Quote:
I probably should watch the eppie again, but I had a bit of a problem understanding why Kono was being targeting for death along with Adam if it wasn't in retaliation for Michael's death.

And Kono, I know Adam is smokin' hot and you two together are hotter than the surface of the sun, but PLEASE COME BACK SOON, I MISS YOU!!!!

Don't bother to watch it again fans were asking the same on twitter at Peter, keep watching answer coming soon he said.

I miss her to it's not the same without her

Quote:
I will always give credit where credit is due so GOOD FOR YOU CATHERINE when she asked Steve for that favor, and he declined, I thought he was kidding. I am glad she pointed out all the favors she has done for him over the years. And don't let him forget it either Catherine.
It was long overdue but finally some pay back time for Cath.

Quote:
Not as interested as some of you in tomorrow's eppie but looking forward to seeing Chi McBride again.
The promo was misleading because Chi McBride will not appear in this episode he is also not listing in the press release but if you like Joe he will be there
Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The promo was misleading because Chi McBride will not appear in this episode he is also not listing in the press release but if you like Joe he will be there
Yeah, I should have known better Lena I never could understand why they do that. Admittedly though, I have seen promos MORE misleading, if you can believe that.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Moderator Manager

You know what I hate the most about promos... it's not the fact that they are misleading... it's when whoever edit it, think it's a good idea to show that crucial moment of the end of the episode where you already know how it will end (whether it's a happy ending or a cliffhanger)
Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
You know what I hate the most about promos... it's not the fact that they are misleading... it's when whoever edit it, think it's a good idea to show that crucial moment of the end of the episode where you already know how it will end (whether it's a happy ending or a cliffhanger)
ITA!! Promo's and Sneaks are released by CBS Peter and Co has nothing to say about that!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Moderator Manager

^ Right! And it's not just a CBS thing, CW, ABC, they all use some scenes in some promos that just ruin the surprise effect that it could provide for the episode
Reply   Post New Thread