Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 10.14 ~ (There was a lull, and then the wind began to blow about) ~ January 31 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

10.14 “I ho‘olulu, ho‘ohulei ‘ia e ka makani”

“There was a lull, and then the wind began to blow about.”

SOON AFTER DANNY MEETS THE GIRL OF HIS DREAMS, THEY GET INTO A POTENTIALLY FATAL CAR ACCIDENT IN AN AREA FAR FROM HELP, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, JAN. 31

“I ho‘olulu, ho‘ohulei ‘ia e ka makani” – Soon after Danny meets the girl of his dreams, they get into a potentially fatal car accident in an area far from help. Also, McGarrett enlists Quinn and Tani to help when Eddie the dog suddenly shows signs of PTSD, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Jan. 31 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(“I ho‘olulu, ho‘ohulei ‘ia e ka makani” is Hawaiian for “There was a lull, and then the wind began to blow about.”)

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Chi McBride (Captain Lou Grover)
Katrina Law (Quinn Liu)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Kimee Balmilero (Dr. Noelani Cunha)

GUEST CAST:
Kate Siegel (Leslie)
Roxy Otm (Eka)
Presilah Nunez (Sr. Emma Okino)
Paul Schackman (Dr. Currin)
Mark Rolston (Colonel O’Donnell)
Chido Nwokocha (Sgt. Michaels)
Sara Amini (Molly)
Mike Ryan (Driver)

STORY BY: Peter M. Lenkov
TELEPLAY: Paul Grellong
DIRECTED BY: Peter Weller

Source:
CBS
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

hope "the girl of his dreams" will survive this and we will at least a conversation over the phone between steve and danny.
also hope everything will work out for eddie as well.
looking forward to this episode.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
thanks for the thread.

hope "the girl of his dreams" will survive this and we will at least a conversation over the phone between steve and danny.
also hope everything will work out for eddie as well.
looking forward to this episode.
You're welcome

well the phone conversation we get I saw it in the promo

I am sacred but I hope she will survive it is getting ridiculous that the boys lose everyone they love
Old 01-31-2020, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

My heart broke for Danny, he was all alone walking down that dirt road,
Old 01-31-2020, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m sorry but what the heck was the point of this storyline for Danny?!? Hasn’t they been hurt enough. I don’t get why they would do that do him.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

poor Danny

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
LoyalFreakLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~jo♥jo~ (View Post)
I’m sorry but what the heck was the point of this storyline for Danny?!? Hasn’t they been hurt enough. I don’t get why they would do that do him.
So Leslie will not survive the car accident hmmm I was afraid of that I have no excitement left to watch the episode.

It is making me pissed off that either Steve or Danny never seems to get happy Steve was happy with Cath no the writers said that is not possible same go’s for Danny after Rachel he found Melissa what happened with her we don’t no but after 10 years the boys are still alone Danny with his kids and Steve yeah sadly he has nobody .

What is weird is that the rest of the cast like Grover, Tani, Junior all find happiness even Adam for the second time after Kono he found Reiko and even Chin found his second love again but a BIG! No! For Steve and Danny it is taking me the joy to watch less TBH I am tired of waiting after 10 years they deserve their forever love

So this week NO review from me don’t no when Or if I gonna watch the episode
Old 02-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~jo♥jo~ (View Post)
I asked myself the same question.

very disappointed about the epsiode.

don't know if I said it here or on a different board or better for a different show, but I really don't know why the writers think the fans need those kind of drama.
it is okay when one of the main cast loses a loved one or a relative or when they split up with someone, but doing it again and again for no reason ? sorry writers, but we don't want that. and when I say we I think I am speaking for the majority here. of course there are people out there who like that, but I think this is just a small percentage.
so, PLEASE stop writing stories like this.

there wasn't even a case today and although I felt for eddie (and steve, because first he thought he did something and second I know how it feels when your dog is sick and you don't know why), but it was just a filler as well. the whole episode felt like the writers had no idea what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity
don’t no when Or if I gonna watch the episode
you don't miss ANYTHING if you don't do it
Old 02-01-2020, 11:56 AM
New Fan

I thought the meeting of the woman and Danny was odd like it was a setup for something. Maybe something else will come up about it later or not. Being a detective you'd think he would suspect something was up. Something went wrong that she didn't expect (she died) Possibly we'll kill your family thing if you don't co-operate. Why else would they remember some of the cars license number.

The Eddie/Steve show was good. Eddie is the best actor in the show. He shows up (unlike some actors) hits his marks and says his lines.
Patf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG! Why would somebody write that? Scott did an excellent job as always when it comes to drama but what was the point? They were really cute together. Man, I wish she survived. The last scene was so heartbreaking
Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)

you don't miss ANYTHING if you don't do it
Thanks I am still mad how the writers treats Steve and Danny come on 10 years give the guys a break always drama in their life I want to see a happy Steve and Danny for once.

I know it is a crime show first I can’t believe that the writers are so afraid to write a love story for Steve or Danny after so many seasons where we watch them going through so many bad times I think it’s time that Steve and Danny find their happiness. Don’t give it us in the last five min of the show.

No not gonna watch
Old 02-01-2020, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Wish I didn’t see that, Scott did amazing job
Old 02-02-2020, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)

1. I know it is a crime show first I can’t believe that the writers are so afraid to write a love story for Steve or Danny

2. I think it’s time that Steve and Danny find their happiness. Don’t give it us in the last five min of the show.
1. It is a crime show, but I don't see why you can't write some love into it from time to time. Just look at Grover. Why can't they do it for the others?

2. agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patf
I thought the meeting of the woman and Danny was odd like it was a setup for something. Maybe something else will come up about it later or not. Being a detective you'd think he would suspect something was up. Something went wrong that she didn't expect (she died) Possibly we'll kill your family thing if you don't co-operate. Why else would they remember some of the cars license number.
When she told danny about the numbers I thought that we will see something in another episode. Danny will be determined to find the other driver.
But after that I was so upset about how everything turned out that I stopped thinking. So now - after I calmed down and had a goodnights sleep - I think you are right. there has to be a story behind all this. otherwise it would really just be a filler episode.

and I also forgot about the lasst scene: Adam is back and steve said "welcome back" and hugged him, but his face said otherwise.
wonder how this story continues and what he will tell steve.

Spoiler:
Old 02-04-2020, 05:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Danny really can't catch a break. Well is Rachel as they the producers seem to be burying that under the rug.

Steve you would think would be during Danny's time of need. But he was busy with Eddie and in the P.T.S.D. there

As thought Eddie would had gotten P.T.S.D. there over CIA thugs. While protecting Steve's house or trying to

Junior missing again as Beleauh is filming a movie there.

Tani and Quinn are becoming like best buds and sisters.

Really ending sucked for Danny.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
No not gonna watch
I watched this episode for a second time. And I think it was really great. And I encourage to watch episode those who have not watched. Of course it is sad and heartbroken that she died. But after all, many more important people died on the show. It is worth watching for Danny and Scott, he played sensational, he was emotional. Especially that this storyline will continue in today episode. In addition, we also had an important storyline for Steve and Eddie. Or interesting conversations with Dr. Akino and Tani and Quinn important to Steve himself. Not to mention Adam's return.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread