Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 10.07 ~ “Ka ‘i’o” ( DNA ) ~ November 8 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

10.07 “Ka ‘i’o”

“DNA”

WHEN THE CIA INFORMS MCGARRETT THAT HIS MOTHER HAS GONE ROGUE ON HER UNDERCOVER MISSION AND MAY HAVE KILLED HER PARTNER, STEVE GOES SOLO TO MEXICO TO BRING HER HOME AND PROVE HER INNOCENCE, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, NOV. 8

Christine Lahti Returns as Doris McGarrett

Episode Written and Directed by Series Star Alex O’Loughlin
“Ka ‘i’o” – When the CIA informs McGarrett that his mother has gone rogue on her undercover mission and may have killed her partner, Steve goes solo to Mexico to bring her home and prove her innocence, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Nov. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
(“Ka ‘i’o” is Hawaiian for “DNA”)

REGULAR CAST:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Meaghan Rath (Tani Rey)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
Beulah Koale (Junior Reigns)
Chi McBride (Captain Lou Grover)
Katrina Law (Quinn Liu)
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Kimee Balmilero (Dr. Noelani Cunha)
RECURRING CAST:
Christine Lahti (Doris McGarrett)

GUEST CAST:
Onahoua Rodriguez (Carmen Luca)
Richard Concepcion (CNP Officer)
Stephen Paul Kaplan (Mike)
James Beck (Ethan)
Benito Martinez (Mateo Dias)
Taylor Handley (Agent Coen)
Luis Antonio Pereira (Port Authority Businessman)
Danny Ivan (Pilot)
Alfonso Ceja Sr. (Boat Captain)

WRITTEN BY: Alex O’Loughlin
DIRECTED BY: Alex O’Loughlin

Promo

Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Omg!! I’m excited for this episode!

Quote:
Alex O’Loughlin wrote and directed tonight’s episode, and it is so beautiful. It’s real and gut wrenching, and truly not to be missed. Proud of you my friend - you are the belle of the ball.
~jo♥jo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here Jo I am looking forward. To it for weeks Peter have said we need tissues so I am prepared

So nice of Meaghan to tweet this she is here for twee seasons now and it feels like she was always on H5O
Old 11-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

My heart broke for Steve at the end but Danny was there for him
Old 11-09-2019, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

can't believe alex did this to steve.....

apart from that I really liked the episode - although it wasn't much we saw of the whole team.
loved that danny was there at the end and I hope he can cheer steve up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Collins (View Post)
My heart broke for Steve at the end but Danny was there for him
yes, felt really sorry for him. it is not only that she is dead, he tried to save her and achieved the exact opposite

and the conversation at the end: does that mean that is the and for steve at five 0? will he think about leaving the team for the rest of the season and then at the end it will be over - at least for him (and then I think danny will leave too). I hate to have thoughts like this sorry....
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG! OMG! This was epic! Not a normal H5O episode but a mini movie instead were we say goodbye to Doris.

When Doris is in trouble ,Steve right away wanted to help her what he did so many times over the years. But first , Steve made sure to protect his team from any fallout, letting them know what he was up to but telling them to stay away unless he called for help.

junior was amazing how he find Steve after 8 weeks I especially enjoyed Junior going in after Steve despite the latter telling him not to, and that Danny showed up at the end. Danny know Steve was not Okay! Danny wanted to see his friend and be there for him ......

Alex gives an incredible performance that shows us that all Steve really wanted was his mom in his life. The heartfelt story he told Junior about his nightmares He didn’t want money from Doris only her love. And now Doris wanted out she was to old for this spy stuff she wanted something for her kids for Steve, Mary and Joanie Doris did’t realize that all she had to do was going home.

Over the last 10 years Steve has lost his dad, Joe, his mom, his aunt, and a ton of his SEAL friends. Honestly how much more loss of those he loves can he truly take. How will Steve bounces back from the death of his mom. Like his mom he’s given up a lot and sacrificed a lot for his country will he be questioning what is the point of putting away bad guys because he keeps losing love ones.

Alex is a great director. The blurry effect when Doris dies, Steve didn’t wanted to leave her the packing music no words it brought me to tears. And then the loneliness of the airport scene... It's impressive how good the episode visually is.

This episode showed me how Alex really sees his character Steve as a loyal family man who will be there for them no matter what. And that McDanno is the heart of the show wonderful writing Alex kudos!

One side note this episode had a time period of over more than 8 weeks we had Halloween and soon Thanksgiving.

Last edited by Immunity; 11-10-2019 at 12:56 AM
Old 11-09-2019, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Omg this episode is as powerful and perfect.

I have so been missing Steve and Junior. I know the show has focused on junior and Tani. And that’s fine. I like them.

But I really love Steve and Junior and their relationship. Since junior arrived, they have moved to one of my favorite friendships. I was so glad to see this episode bring that into play again. I needed that.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)

1.and that Danny showed up at the end. Danny know Steve was not Okay! Danny wanted to see his friend and be there for him ......

2.Alex is a great director. The blurry effect when Doris dies, Steve didn’t wanted to leave her the packing music no words it brought me to tears. And then the loneliness of the airport scene... It's impressive how good the episode visually is.
1. thought the episode was over after the airport scene. instantly I thought: would have been nice to see steve back with his ohana. and then danny was there and I was like: even better. great scene with the two of them.

2. liked that too. and yes, the effect of the music was great.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
can't believe alex did this to steve.....

yes, felt really sorry for him. it is not only that she is dead, he tried to save her and achieved the exact opposite

and the conversation at the end: does that mean that is the and for steve at five 0? will he think about leaving the team for the rest of the season and then at the end it will be over - at least for him (and then I think danny will leave too). I hate to have thoughts like this sorry....

Alex was not happy that the SL with Doris never got closure so he wrote the episode I never thought that Alex would kill her off TBH

I have no worries about that since Alex is also the producer of the show now he will stay maybe with less screentime because he loves to direct and write but as long CBS will renew them both boys will stay. I have a feeling Scott likes his hours now and Alex has the oppertunity to direct more on the show.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
I never thought that Alex would kill her off TBH

I have no worries about that since Alex is also the producer of the show now he will stay maybe with less screentime because he loves to direct and write but as long CBS will renew them both boys will stay. I have a feeling Scott likes his hours now and Alex has the oppertunity to direct more on the show.
that's is what I meant.

I hope you are right.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Passionate Fan

WOW. What an amazing episode it was. I think it's the best episode of the show since episode 5.07. I predicted the death of Doris for some time, but seeing it on the screen with such emotions of Alex is another matter. I am extremely happy that Danny came to Steve at the end. They can always rely on each other in the most difficult moments. Alex did a great job as a writer and director. Good ending to Doris. Death was the best option because I have never seen Doris, who is retiring and looking after her grandchildren.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow what an episode. Alex is definitely talented. The pain that Steve has been through, Alex wrote and plays it so well. Very heartbreaking. Such a good episode. He should write and direct more.
~jo♥jo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
1.Alex did a great job as a writer and director.

2.Good ending to Doris. Death was the best option because I have never seen Doris, who is retiring and looking after her grandchildren
1. and actor

2. that is probably true
Old 11-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Best quote, it's life on life's terms or not at all.

The ending of this episode made me cry for Steve. How much more loss will Steve go through til he truly is a shattered and broken man.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Collins (View Post)
Best quote, it's life on life's terms or not at all.

How much more loss will Steve go through til he truly is a shattered and broken man.
good quote and very true.

unfortunately it won't take much more. If it wasn't for danny he would be already, I guess.
Reply   Post New Thread