Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What else are you watching other than Nina tv shows and movies #2

What else are you watching other than Nina tv shows and movies #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
The writers screwed up and it's showing because like you, even non Beth fans are saying how stupid and unnecessary her death was...and that's saying something big. Although, I highly doubt the writers will realize their mistake, admit it, and do something about it. They're too egotistical for that.
I agree. There was a lot they could've done with her character unlike, for example, the fake scientist. He's useless, yet he gets to stay. And the way Beth died was ridiculous too.

Last edited by fall into your smile; 04-15-2015 at 07:44 PM
Old 12-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Once Upon A Time
Arrow
Battleship
Star Trek: The Next Generation

That is my plan for today watching some TVD right now though
Old 12-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide into you (View Post)
I agree. There was a lot they could've done with her character unlike, for example, the fake scientist. He's useless, yet he gets to stay. And the way Beth died was ridiculous too.
Exactly. So many others could have died...no one would've cared, but still. The MSF would have been actually truly shocking if no one major died. Now that would have been a pretty awesome MSF. But the writers screwed that one up.

Did you hear about what Scott Gimple said as to why he decided to kill her...

"I want to keep characters that I want to keep writing for."

That's pretty much what he said. What a slap to the face and such a douche move. You don't kill off characters just because you don't want to write for them anymore. I mean, what was the point of the build up this season...she got her own episode...and not to mention the easter eggs that showed that she was going to survive. I truly believe that this was a last minute decision for whatever stupid reason and that originally someone else was supposed to bite it.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt
Old 12-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Once Upon A Time S2
Old 12-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
Exactly. So many others could have died...no one would've cared, but still. The MSF would have been actually truly shocking if no one major died. Now that would have been a pretty awesome MSF. But the writers screwed that one up.

Did you hear about what Scott Gimple said as to why he decided to kill her...

"I want to keep characters that I want to keep writing for."

That's pretty much what he said. What a slap to the face and such a douche move. You don't kill off characters just because you don't want to write for them anymore. I mean, what was the point of the build up this season...she got her own episode...and not to mention the easter eggs that showed that she was going to survive. I truly believe that this was a last minute decision for whatever stupid reason and that originally someone else was supposed to bite it.

Aww, Ash, you seem really upset I've been there too and it sucks, shows should be entertaining, not make us angry, right? TWD writers have killed off so many characters already, it's like they enjoy making the fans miserable.

No, I didn't read that interview but wow. Unprofessional much? He's not writing this show for himself.

Do you plan on watching the rest of the season for Daryl or are you out?
Old 12-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watch for Daryl
Old 12-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I watched for Daryl, too, then I watched for both him and Beth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide into you (View Post)
Aww, Ash, you seem really upset I've been there too and it sucks, shows should be entertaining, not make us angry, right? TWD writers have killed off so many characters already, it's like they enjoy making the fans miserable.

No, I didn't read that interview but wow. Unprofessional much? He's not writing this show for himself.

Do you plan on watching the rest of the season for Daryl or are you out?
I'm very upset. We were promised certain things and had them ripped away from us. Her death made no sense which is why I think it was a last minute change...Emily Kinney didn't know until they filmed 5x07. Everyone else who dies off the show, the actors know a long time ahead of time. She and the fans all got a screwed up deal.

Definitely unprofessional. Especially since up until now he actually seemed to really be into what was happening...and now he shows such awful colors...it's another reason I feel like everything was a last minute change.

I'm afraid to see how they'll write Daryl now. Realistically, Beth being gone is going to hit him really hard and he'd resort back to Season 1 Daryl...but I don't have faith in the writers to make him act realistically. I mean, look at the MSF...realistically, Daryl would have stopped Beth from going back to Dawn...after all, he stopped Noah from doing so...so why in a script that was pre-planned and thought over for a while in advance would Daryl not have stopped Beth, too? It makes no sense...the writing for the characters is stupid now and I just...I don't think I can watch anymore right now. Even if it is for Daryl.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's awfully late, they should have told the actress a few episodes in advance. She's pretty talented so it's just a matter of time before she finds herself a better show, but still, for Beth fans it was a horrible episode.

I'm cunfused about something:

Spoiler:

Writers can't be trusted these days. None of them. They say one thing, then change their minds and don't really care about the fans.

Yeah, the whole scene didn't make much sense, it was a very contrived way to get rid of Beth. I think it'll push Daryl way over the edge. Lots of angst coming up, for sure.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

This is just a very heated subject for me...I could go on for months about how angry I am about this.

H20

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally understand

I'm about to watch Stalker.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'm glad you understand and don't think I'm overreacting to it.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not at all. I would react the same way. It always hurts to lose a character/ship you were invested in.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Old 12-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Watching Ski jumping atm.