Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 01:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I really liked Elena's hair this episode.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry for butting into this discussion and I hope my post is not too much off-topic with speaking about other characters.

I think at the moment the writers are focused on Damon and Caroline. They are the only ones who get fleshed out storylines. Even Stefan who is a another lead is only a bystander in Carolines storyline.

I think in the seasons before the writers always had a trauma for Elena to write for. Jenna died, Klaus tried to use her as a blood bag, she died and turned into a vampire, more people around her died and the sirebond and her flipping of the switch and so on. But they went through this for Elena in such a speed that they don't have any "trauma" for her to live through anymore (at least as a vampire) and these writers are only experts at writing sad/dramatic stories for characters. They are not good at writing a good storyline for someone who is happy. There always has to be drama. That's why they are stuck with Elena.
My guess is that they will turn her human again at the end of the season also to centralize her again to the story of the show. Because as a human she was always the focus (somebody always needed her Petrova blood/heritage).

In this episode I thought they did it good with Elena trying to comfort Caroline and being a friend to her and I guess this is going to be her storyline for the next episodes. This means friendship scenes. And I'm so glad that Bonnie is back, because that also means scenes between her and Bonnie (I think Kat/Nina's chemistry is the best friendship chemistry on this show) but I don't think they will focus on Elena's character. It will be about Caroline's trauma ... and then if the writers do it good they will also focus on Bonnie's trauma. Maybe we will see some insight to Elena now and then but the focus will be the others imo. That could change of course in a few episode.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
Sorry for butting into this discussion and I hope my post is not too much off-topic with speaking about other characters.

I think at the moment the writers are focused on Damon and Caroline. They are the only ones who get fleshed out storylines. Even Stefan who is a another lead is only a bystander in Carolines storyline.
Ah okay! I do agree with this. As this was an Elena thread, I was only discussing her. I know Elena's character is not the only one which suffered from lack of storyline. Writers have treated other characters horribly too, including Stefan and Bonnie. I feel bad for Stefan and I am not even his fan. I mean I feel like he is forced to love Caroline out of guilt and not because of any deep attraction. In case of Stefan/Caroline, their vibe is so sibling that I can't take them seriously but beleive me I really try to like them but I fail every time. As for Bonnie, I think this season she still got some storyline which is great. Although she was miserable and all but it was still refreshing to see some focus on her. Let's hope writers treat her more fairly in the upcoming episodes.

Quote:
I think in the seasons before the writers always had a trauma for Elena to write for. Jenna died, Klaus tried to use her as a blood bag, she died and turned into a vampire, more people around her died and the sirebond and her flipping of the switch and so on. But they went through this for Elena in such a speed that they don't have any "trauma" for her to live through anymore (at least as a vampire) and these writers are only experts at writing sad/dramatic stories for characters. They are not good at writing a good storyline for someone who is happy. There always has to be drama. That's why they are stuck with Elena.
That's a very interesting take and I do agree. TVD writers really don't know how to write happy stories. It has to be tragic.

Quote:
My guess is that they will turn her human again at the end of the season also to centralize her again to the story of the show. Because as a human she was always the focus (somebody always needed her Petrova blood/heritage).
Yeah it seems to be going that way. It's just frustrates me that Elena has particularly no storyline outside Damon since last season and I am tired of it.

Quote:
In this episode I thought they did it good with Elena trying to comfort Caroline and being a friend to her and I guess this is going to be her storyline for the next episodes. This means friendship scenes. And I'm so glad that Bonnie is back, because that also means scenes between her and Bonnie (I think Kat/Nina's chemistry is the best friendship chemistry on this show) but I don't think they will focus on Elena's character. It will be about Caroline's trauma ... and then if the writers do it good they will also focus on Bonnie's trauma. Maybe we will see some insight to Elena now and then but the focus will be the others imo. That could change of course in a few episode.
I don't mind a proper storyline for Caroline. I wanted it for ages but if this turnoff storyline will give us some really bonding scenes between Elena/Caroline/Bonnie then I am all for it and I will stop complaining.

Elena-Caroline scene was my favourite this episode. I don't care how cruel Caroline turns towards Elena, I expect Elena to support her because Caroline took all the abuse from Elena when she turned off her humanity. Moreover, I expect Elena to comfort Bonnie as well after her traumatic experience. I will be very disspointed if writers deprived me of those scenes.

Last edited by Ash84; 02-20-2015 at 01:57 PM
Old 02-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Phew I missed alot in here while being away for a week or two

I do completely agree though that I don't even know what Elena's storyline is this season She's not really had a storyline or if she did it was connected to others. So Bonnie being back and Caroline's humanity off; really hope our lady gets some screentime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
THIS should happen absolutely agree

Last edited by crash landing; 02-25-2015 at 04:54 PM
Old 02-28-2015, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash84 (View Post)
I really liked Elena's hair this episode.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-Q4XiiCYAI0voG.jpg
So pretty!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 03-04-2015, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

What the- I swear Ayesha and Kathrynn I replied to your posts but...maybe it didn't go through? Ah gosh dang it!

Kathrynn you were not butting in at all, I like having you around so you're fine And I agree, they seem to only be focusing on Damon and Caroline. And I'm not loving the way they are writing Elena, but I can't imagine how Bonnie fans feel. Because she's the most ignored character in TVD it's sad. So hearing me complain about Elena must look at times but yeah, only her relationship with Damon matters and that's so the opposite of my ideal storylines for her. I would rather see her single and have interactions with other characters than this bull
Old 03-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I so rather Elena to be single too and have her having scenes with everybody
Old 03-05-2015, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly I mean they used to do so well with that but they've really gone downhill.

This cracked me up :lol;

Credit
Old 03-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He's so bad but he does create some great scenes for the characters hilarious scenes
Old 03-08-2015, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

He really is bad but in that scene he was bad in a Damon way being an ass but hilarious at the same time. But of course he can't hold a candle to Damon when it comes to that
Old 03-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In a Damon way love that comparison
Old 03-14-2015, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That scene kai is hilarious.

Elena desperately needs her own storyline.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh boy. So looks like Elena will have her hands full with Caroline, but at least she's got Bonnie now.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sucks for me as I don't like either Caroline or Bonnie. Oh well.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That gifset!

{taek su mi sun}