Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

So adorable!

Lauren Conrad CampaignLauren Conrad Celebrity
Firecrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
Nina Dobrev

Imane, please refrain from your comments about Ian, while we may have think we have an inkling to how things went down between Ian and Nina, we likely haven't a clue. I think it's fine to express that Ian's acting wasn't up to par for you, but I feel that it's unfair for us to assume what happened behind the scenes.

And I also want to apologize for my last post, while it does convey my true feelings I did assume things about Ian that aren't really fair of me or anyone to assume. So I definitely contributed to the problem. I was also trying to steer us away from the comments about their personal lives. But now I must just come out and say that Ian is a real person and we can't have any bashing of real life people. It's an official rule here and it's one I'd want us to follow even if it weren't because that could discourage anyone who is a fan of Ian. We had this problem when Nina and Ian's break-up was reported, and seeing fans of Ian being alienated is something I never want to see again. Just try to remember that this is not just a Nina and Ian thread, it's an appreciation thread. Now I know it's difficult to say very much about them considering that they are split and barely interact anymore, but we just have to post under the mindset "if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from saying anything at all".

Sorry for this large post, I've wanted to make this post for a while. I think we've all been through one messy break-up, and we all know those kinds tend to have 3 sides of the story. Ian's side, Nina's side, and the truth. Let's keep this in mind. So if I do come across anymore posts that bash I will issue a warning or I will have to ask you to leave the thread. But I don't believe that should be necessary, everyone seems to be respectful, and again I apologize for my last post in here and if you want to post something and aren't sure if it's okay to post you can absolutely send me a message and ask! I would encourage that, actually.

Karin - I'd like to say you have some great points. Ian did do a decent job in his scenes with Katherine. But this isn't surprising because I'm always satisfied with their scenes together, they both do the back and forth bantering so well.
Also in agreement about you pointing out that there weren't enough Delena scenes in the finale to judge. So that is something I will keep in mind as well! You turned a negative for me into a semi-positive for me and I think that's exactly what this thread needs.

Last edited by Scribbled Pretty; 04-09-2017 at 01:30 AM
Scribbled Pretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Imane, please refrain from your comments about Ian, while we may have think we have an inkling to how things went down between Ian and Nina, we likely haven't a clue. I think it's fine to express that Ian's acting wasn't up to par for you, but I feel that it's unfair for us to assume what happened behind the scenes.

And I also want to apologize for my last post, while it does convey my true feelings I did assume things about Ian that aren't really fair of me or anyone to assume. So I definitely contributed to the problem. I was also trying to steer us away from the comments about their personal lives. But now I must just come out and say that Ian is a real person and we can't have any bashing of real life people. It's an official rule here and it's one I'd want us to follow even if it weren't because that could discourage anyone who is a fan of Ian. We had this problem when Nina and Ian's break-up was reported, and seeing fans of Ian being alienated is something I never want to see again. Just try to remember that this is not just a Nina and Ian thread, it's an appreciation thread. Now I know it's difficult to say very much about them considering that they are split and barely interact anymore, but we just have to post under the mindset "if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from saying anything at all".

Sorry for this large post, I've wanted to make this post for a while. I think we've all been through one messy break-up, and we all know those kinds tend to have 3 sides of the story. Ian's side, Nina's side, and the truth. Let's keep this in mind. So if I do come across anymore posts that bash I will issue a warning or I will have to ask you to leave the thread. But I don't believe that should be necessary, everyone seems to be respectful, and again I apologize for my last post in here and if you want to post something and aren't sure if it's okay to post you can absolutely send me a message and ask! I would encourage that, actually.

Karin - I'd like to say you have some great points. Ian did do a decent job in his scenes with Katherine. But this isn't surprising because I'm always satisfied with their scenes together, they both do the back and forth bantering so well.
Also in agreement about you pointing out that there weren't enough Delena scenes in the finale to judge. So that is something I will keep in mind as well!
Assumptions?Facts
1)Nikki was on the set the 6 days of filming of Nina
2)Ian is rude and bitter whenever he talks about Nina
3)Whatever issue he had with her it was his job to put it aside and deliver and he didn't

I'm not assuming anything.Now...if we can't state facts...there is a problem

Last edited by imane111; 04-09-2017 at 01:39 AM
imane111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane111 (View Post)
I didn't need more delena scenes. I just needed Ian to deliver in those scenes and he failed.

Their situation definitly changed. He's bitter and rude about her. So either he's not over the break up, or his wife thinks he's not and he's trying to fix this.The guy failed to do his job ,to put aside whatever issue he had wiith Nina for one freaking episode.His wife was on the set all the 6 days Nina filmed. That says a lot.
I'll be more specific, the bolded part of this post isn't fact, it's speculation. While yes, we do have his behavior on twitter that don't paint him in a good light (and I have seen them) it's not concrete that Ian is bitter and that his acting fell short. Does it seem that way? Sure, but to state it as fact is saying that we can read his mind and know how he's feeling. It's similar to those who claimed Nina was a cold-hearted person because of all the party pictures that came out right after the break-up. It's operating under the assumption of knowing exactly her state of mind.

Also, let's assume that what you're saying is undeniably true with concrete evidence, it still isn't allowed because this is not an anti thread. And even bashing real life people wouldn't be allowed in an anti thread. You don't need to be super happy and kiss Ian's ass in here, your comments about his performance not being up to par is completely allowed but as long as it's done respectfully.

Quote:
1)Nikki was on the set the 6 days of filming of Nina
True yes, but we don't know for a fact that he was trying to rub Nikki in her face or doing it for any malicious intentions by having her on set. I believe he was already bringing her to set before Nina returned for the finale, so anyone could argue that point.

Quote:
3)Whatever issue he had with her it was his job to put it aside and deliver and he didn't
Again though, it is not concrete that Nina was the reason he couldn't deliver. Now am I saying that it seems obvious that was the reason? Yes, many fans tend to think so but for all we know he could have been sick and also not everyone holds the same opinion that Ian's acting wasn't great so there's that. I was disappointed in his performance but I know that this is subjective. Like Karin (nira) did come back with my disappointment saying that she thought he did a decent job. So while what you're saying are facts, your interpretation of those facts are speculation.While at times I do wish I could be brutally honest and voice my beliefs based on speculation, it's not a good idea because it has the potential to turn this board into a war zone and alienates those who are fans of Ian. And it's important the board stays professional and not becoming a place where we let negative speculation run ramp-id.

I hope this makes sense to you, Imane. I'm not trying to make you feel like you can't be truthful, I'm simply trying to keep the peace by enforcing an important rule.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'll be more specific, the bolded part of this post isn't fact, it's speculation. While yes, we do have his behavior on twitter that don't paint him in a good light (and I have seen them) it's not concrete that Ian is bitter and that his acting fell short. Does it seem that way? Sure, but to state it as fact is saying that we can read his mind and know how he's feeling. It's similar to those who claimed Nina was a cold-hearted person because of all the party pictures that came out right after the break-up. It's operating under the assumption of knowing exactly her state of mind.

Also, let's assume that what you're saying is undeniably true with concrete evidence, it still isn't allowed because this is not an anti thread. And even bashing real life people wouldn't be allowed in an anti thread. You don't need to be super happy and kiss Ian's ass in here, your comments about his performance not being up to par is completely allowed but as long as it's done respectfully.

True yes, but we don't know for a fact that he was trying to rub Nikki in her face or doing it for any malicious intentions by having her on set. I believe he was already bringing her to set before Nina returned for the finale, so anyone could argue that point.

Again though, it is not concrete that Nina was the reason he couldn't deliver. Now am I saying that it seems obvious that was the reason? Yes, many fans tend to think so but for all we know he could have been sick and also not everyone holds the same opinion that Ian's acting wasn't great so there's that. I was disappointed in his performance but I know that this is subjective. Like Karin (nira) did come back with my disappointment saying that she thought he did a decent job. So while what you're saying are facts, your interpretation of those facts are speculation.While at times I do wish I could be brutally honest and voice my beliefs based on speculation, it's not a good idea because it has the potential to turn this board into a war zone and alienates those who are fans of Ian. And it's important the board stays professional and not becoming a place where we let negative speculation run ramp-id.

I hope this makes sense to you, Imane. I'm not trying to make you feel like you can't be truthful, I'm simply trying to keep the peace by enforcing an important rule.
We have videos showing his rudness and bitterness about Nina.

He brings his wife not to rub her to Nina's face but because he doesn't trust himself anymore than his wife trusts him around Nina.Why do I say that?Because fact is that we had way more emotional and passionate scenes with them in season 5 and 6, yet he was already dating Nikki and had been engaged to her when they had wrapped up Nina's last episode.There was no issue and remained friends till he got married.That's another fact.

Nina wasn't the reason, Nikki was.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Also in agreement about you pointing out that there weren't enough Delena scenes in the finale to judge. So that is something I will keep in mind as well! You turned a negative for me into a semi-positive for me and I think that's exactly what this thread needs.
Happy I could help . Let's not forget. Damon and Katherine are also Ian and Nina and both delivered.

In my opinion we know only a tiny fraction of their personal life. Only the part they want us to know. About all the rest we don't know anything.

It is a fact, that Ian had someone from his PR team post on Facebook (he posted a pic from that guy). Who knows if he is always the one posting on Twitter and Instagram. Do we know if Nina always is posting herself?

I don't believe in anything those magazines write. I don't believe what those "sources" mean to know.

In the end we know nothing about their real life!
Old 04-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nira18 (View Post)
Happy I could help . Let's not forget. Damon and Katherine are also Ian and Nina and both delivered.

In my opinion we know only a tiny fraction of their personal life. Only the part they want us to know. About all the rest we don't know anything.

It is a fact, that Ian had someone from his PR team post on Facebook (he posted a pic from that guy). Who knows if he is always the one posting on Twitter and Instagram. Do we know if Nina always is posting herself?

I don't believe in anything those magazines write. I don't believe what those "sources" mean to know.

In the end we know nothing about their real life!
Sure they did. There is nothing romantic here, no love, no kisses, nothing...Actually katherine and Damon hate each other in those scenes...of course they delivered. We're talking about his performance in delena's scenes.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:51 PM
girlfriend's on the radio

Nice pics of them.
could never leave you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

So amazing!

Old 04-10-2017, 10:39 PM

Yeah.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-25-2017, 11:32 AM

I miss the simpler days.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:48 PM
Communications Team
man with a mission

Yea simpler days
I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through.
beyond insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:29 PM

Things were so much better back then.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:59 AM
Communications Team
man with a mission

I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through.
beyond insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top