Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
Yes, I hope people will finally move on and show some respect to them and the people they decide to have a relationship with next. It's disgusting the way they treated Derek.
I have a question. What thread would we use if we want to talk about Nina and Ian if we DONT think they are together and dating and just friendly exes? Am I wrong in thinking this thread is only for people to talk about them as a couple? Sorry for asking, I just don't want people to get upset
Old 01-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash84 (View Post)
That's very sweet of Ian for wishing Nina on her birthday.

On a separate note, I am happy about their speech. I am sure this will help fans to come to terms with their breakup. In a sense, it was a closure. I wish they have done it long ago. Though Nina did but not many people believed it. Now we can admire them as friends and costars.
Totally agree with you.

Dollyjfan4 life
Yes, I hope people will finally move on and show some respect to them and the people they decide to have a relationship with next. It's disgusting the way they treated Derek.

Totally agree with you too.

I feel really bad for all the hard core, hold out believers, I am sure their hearts are broken right now. I also feel bad for Nian that was pretty much forced to come up with that awkward skit and announce their breakup to millions of people on live TV because of obsesses fans but I guess that is the life of an actor.

Monygirl- I assume both threads will be closed or the rules in each dramatically changed. The mods are probably discussing it today.. I really just do not want to hear from people saying they don't believe what Nian said was true and they are just lying to cover their relationship because it is just too ridiculous to read.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monygrl (View Post)
I have a question. What thread would we use if we want to talk about Nina and Ian if we DONT think they are together and dating and just friendly exes? Am I wrong in thinking this thread is only for people to talk about them as a couple? Sorry for asking, I just don't want people to get upset
I think the Nina and friends thread would be a good place to discuss them in a non-romantic sense. That's just my guess though.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Dont be sorry, This is a really good question

I have my personal opinion. I believe the best would be if we leave the ship- treads only for people that support the couple romantically (if we had done this in the past we had saved a lot of arguement). Plus we have a fandom full of other treads where we can talk about friendship, co-star and a lot of other subjects.

Ship a couple doesn't mean necessarily that this two people have to be together in real life, practically mean that people love to think at them as a couple. Paul was married with Torrey and Dobsley fan ship him with nina, this is not a crime, they have the right to support them the way they like.

Nina has the dobsley fans, nian fans, nerek fans ...so I think is better if we ask to a mod when we are not sure of what to post and if we try to stick to the rules and respect other POV I think we have no problem.

Quote:
I feel really bad for all the hard core, hold out believers, I am sure their hearts are broken right now. I also feel bad for Nian that was pretty much forced to come up with that awkward skit and announce their breakup to millions of people on live TV because of obsesses fans but I guess that is the life of an actor.
You just don't get it. It doesnt matter if they are together or not, WE are NIAN fan and this is our treads.

Let me ask you something I don't know what is your ship but if they broke up you change ship?
I don't. I was and I am NIAN. I love this two people as person first and I will support any choice they make......
When I see them that way yesterday I Was happy because they win and deserve it and because all I can think looking at them on the stage was who ****ing care if they are or not a couple look at them on the stage they are Ian and Nina, they love each other, in a different way they are not a couple, but thay love each other.
So dont be sorry because after yesterday I only love nian even more.
Build friendships, and one day maybe you'll suddenly meet your soul mate, or you'll realize you want to spend the rest of your life with your best friend.Your young life shouldn't be spent trying to fall in love or even having to worry about a partner. Your life right now should be filled with spending time on finding yourself and building friendships.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by millty (View Post)
Dont be sorry, This is a really good question

I have my personal opinion. I believe the best would be if we leave the ship- treads only for people that support the couple romantically (if we had done this in the past we had saved a lot of arguement). Plus we have a fandom full of other treads where we can talk about friendship, co-star and a lot of other subjects.

Ship a couple doesn't mean necessarily that this two people have to be together in real life, practically mean that people love to think at them as a couple. Paul was married with Torrey and Dobsley fan ship him with nina, this is not a crime, they have the right to support them the way they like.

Nina has the dobsley fans, nian fans, nerek fans ...so I think is better if we ask to a mod when we are not sure of what to post and if we try to stick to the rules and respect other POV I think we have no problem.

You just don't get it. It doesnt matter if they are together or not, WE are NIAN fan and this is our treads.

Let me ask you something I don't know what is your ship but if they broke up you change ship?
I don't. I was and I am NIAN. I love this two people as person first and I will support any choice they make......
When I see them that way yesterday I Was happy because they win and deserve it and because all I can think looking at them on the stage was who ****ing care if they are or not a couple look at them on the stage they are Ian and Nina, they love each other, in a different way they are not a couple, but thay love each other.
So dont be sorry because after yesterday I only love nian even more.
I dont think she was talking about you, I think she was talking about the crazy ones on twitter obsessively thinking they are together, and making comments to Nian and being rude to anyone that Nian talks to. I've seen the crazies and they scare me, LOL.

And Dobsley fans..I never went into that thread. Did people think they were dating or interested in each other? Or did they just think they were friends and costars?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I dont think she was talking about you, I think she was talking about the crazy ones on twitter obsessively thinking they are together, and making comments to Nian and being rude to anyone that Nian talks to. I've seen the crazies and they scare me, LOL.
I apologize ....I'm sorry if I misunderstand her.I just dont get why we have to close this treads....there is no point for me in close it.....
I really think we just have to learn how to tolerate each other POV without fighting
About twitter or any other social media i hate them .....I stay away
Build friendships, and one day maybe you'll suddenly meet your soul mate, or you'll realize you want to spend the rest of your life with your best friend.Your young life shouldn't be spent trying to fall in love or even having to worry about a partner. Your life right now should be filled with spending time on finding yourself and building friendships.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
And Dobsley fans..I never went into that thread. Did people think they were dating or interested in each other? Or did they just think they were friends and costars?
I admit to shipping Dobsley, but not in a romantic way. I know there was some people that did and still do.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline64 (View Post)
T
Monygirl- I assume both threads will be closed or the rules in each dramatically changed. The mods are probably discussing it today.. I really just do not want to hear from people saying they don't believe what Nian said was true and they are just lying to cover their relationship because it is just too ridiculous to read.
Why in the world the thread will be closed?Nian existed before they were a couple and closing the thread will not magically erase their relationship.
Ian and Nina will always have a place here and on Ian's board while TVD still exist and DE are the main draw.

If the people want to believe that Ian and Nina looked as a couple last night,that's their choice.Just like usual if you think it sounds ridiculous and you don't want to hear about it, don't visit this thread but don't stop other fans from expressing their voice.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
I admit to shipping Dobsley, but not in a romantic way. I know there was some people that did and still do.
Interesting.

just looked it up in Wiki:

Shipping, derived from the word relationship, is the belief that two people, fictional or non-fictional, would be interesting or believable (or are, or will be, or should be) in a romantic relationship. It is considered a general term for fans' emotional involvement with the ongoing development of romance in a work of fiction. Though technically applicable to any such involvement, it refers chiefly to various related social dynamics observable on the Internet, and is seldom used outside of that context.

Shipping can involve virtually any kind of relationship – from the well-known and established, to the ambiguous or those undergoing development, and even to the highly improbable and the blatantly impossible. One rule of shipping states that if more than one person ships a couple it is a rightful ship.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Ian and Nina were adorable last night. Things look so natural and genuine between them. Im proud of the way they handled things yesterday, stunning people, glad they can be lighthearted about their relationship.

DVD Commentary
Sophia-Brooke and Peyton are not lovers, thanks, lets just establish that right now.
Hilarie- thats true, atleast not season one.
Sophia-(pause)WoW, not till season 3 Hil come on.

I'm am a 100% Creek Freak and proud of it!...
Old 01-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline64 (View Post)
Totally agree with you.

Jacqueline, if you don't want to read about people shipping Nina and Ian, why do you come to their thread and constantly start stuff? You would blow a gasket if I went to the Derek thread and said it was all bogus, because he is gay.

Nina and Ian never really admitted they were together when they were together and we have all known for a long time the have been split up, but they sure as heck are comfy around each other. We don't know what is going on with any of them, so get over yourself.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

omg plz don't close this thread plz nooooo! we don't have to believe that they are together to come here! like Elena said these thread existed before they became romantically involved so why close now ! the rules can be easily modified now that their relationship statue has changed! lots of ppl come here to appreciate Nian since 5 years so it will heart breaking to just erase all the good memories! we can love their friendship and root for them!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by millty (View Post)

Nina has the dobsley fans, nian fans, nerek fans ...

And the best thing is that she is actually FRIENDS with all 3 men!!!!

Don't get me wrong ( ugh realistic moment right now) but i don't think the girl right now is in a romantic& serious relationship with a man.....
Old 01-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by delena89 (View Post)
And the best thing is that she is actually FRIENDS with all 3 men!!!!

Don't get me wrong ( ugh realistic moment right now) but i don't think the girl right now is in a romantic& serious relationship with a man.....
I dont think she is either.
I did say in the friends thread that everyone does seem to love her and is friends with her, even her exes. That is so rare to see, IMO. I mean, I've been married for eternity, but I remember when I was younger, when I broke up with someone, we barely spoke to each other afterwards, LOL. I def didn't share Christmas vacations, or birthdays with them.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I dont think she is either.
I did say in the friends thread that everyone does seem to love her and is friends with her, even her exes. That is so rare to see, IMO. I mean, I've been married for eternity, but I remember when I was younger, when I broke up with someone, we barely spoke to each other afterwards, LOL. I def didn't share Christmas vacations, or birthdays with them.
Is very rare to be honest on this boards but i am trying because if not people that read them will think we are a joke.

I don't see nina with a man ( at least those rumoured) right now because she is not LOL. you spend time with your boyfriend more if you are in a vacation, you don't GO in australia for 2 weeks with single girls been around hot guys and then you hear sightings about kissing a dude with brown hair and muscles pleaseee.