Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-14-2019, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad she was too!
Old 11-20-2019, 10:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Exclusive: Nina Dobrev is Dior's New Beauty Muse

"I always looked up to Dior. It felt so timeless and classy and elegant in every way."

Nina Dobrev has always traveled the world, even before she was a beloved actress and the newest Dior beauty brand partner. "I traveled a lot as a young girl. We did road trips and we got on planes a lot. My family lived in Europe. I remember seeing the Dior campaigns in the airports," Dobrev recalls. "I always looked up to Dior. It felt so timeless and classy and elegant in every way. I think the Miss Dior scent is what I always associated with that grace and timelessness. That was probably the first product I recognized, purchased, and aspired to as a little girl."

Dobrev has been a close friend of Dior for some time, but today the actress is an official brand partner. Dobrev doesn't always wear makeup day-to-day but she is a bonafide beauty junkie, so the partnership was a natural fit. Though she admits that her makeup artist Daniel Martin, who also works with Dior and Duchess Meghan Markle, has taught her almost everything she knows. "I am very lucky to have someone like Daniel," she adds.

"Nine is my favorite number, we have to start there," Dobrev says, referring to the brand's iconic 999 red lipstick in the new Ultra Care formula. "It's the classic perfect red. And it's my favorite color. It's a great color because you can wear it during the day and it elevates your daytime look, but also you can put it on at night and it turns into that pop of color. Plus, it's super hydrating despite the fact that it's a red lip. With other colors I find it challenging to get that beautiful color without compromising how your lips feel."

"The Forever Foundation is really great. I travel a lot and my hormones are constantly changing. I can have little breakouts," Dobrev says. "I really like it because it covers the breakouts but it doesn't feel cakey. You feel covered but you don't feel suffocated with makeup. It looks natural and clean and fresh and glowy and I really enjoy it."

To celebrate her new partnership, we caught up with Dobrev before Dior's event at the Guggenheim in New York City to chat all things beauty, fitness, and Paris—as well as watch her entire glam process go down. Watch the video above for an intimate look at how Dobrev got ready for her big night out, and continue below for more of Dobrev's beauty insights.

ON HER FAVORITE SPOTS TO VISIT IN PARIS:
"I go to the Hemingway bar. I either get a facial or massage, which I do every single time I am there. I took my mom last time to the Dior Institut au Plaza Athénée. I literally go there every single time I am in Paris. It's the greatest spa, it's so relaxing and beautiful. For shopping, in the Marais there's this place called Merci. It's beautiful and they have a shopping center and clothes and a restaurant and a little cafe, it's a really great local vibe. For dinner I love, love, love Chez Julien. If you're into truffles, it's truffle heaven.

ON HER SIGNATURE SCENT:
I definitely switch it up, for sure. Sometimes I go au naturel and sometimes I feel like I need something more citrusy. JLaw, Jennifer Lawrence I guess I should say formally, JLaw's fragrance Joy feels light and citrusy and great for day in my opinion. But my classic is Miss Dior. I have been wearing Miss Dior since I was way too young. I seldom switch from that, it's my nighttime go-to.

ON THE DAILY HABIT THAT CHANGED HER SKIN HEALTH:
It's a lot of different things, we're all human and we all have breakouts every now and then. We all have good days and bad days with our skin. The most important thing is just to wash your makeup off every night before you go to bed. Which kind of sucks sometimes. Last night I sent Daniel a video of me before going to bed. I was like, 'you did such a pretty job.' My face is a canvas in a way and he painted this beautiful painting and now I have to destroy it. But for my health and wellbeing to keep my skin looking fresh and glowing I have to take it off. It's one of the most important parts of the process for me. Washing it off and using my serums, there's this new serum that Dior is coming out with in January that I am really excited about, the Dior Capture Totale C.E.L.L. Energy Super Potent Serum. Between that and moisturizing and going to sleep and getting a full eight hours. You have to let those serums sink in and let your body rejuvenate itself. Sleep is a huge important part of the process that a lot of people don't prioritize, myself included. That is what makes the biggest difference for me.

ON STAYING FIT WHILE TRAVELING:
It can be very, very hard. It just depends on how long the trip is. Every time I bring workout clothes to a vacation I do not workout. And then when I do not bring workouts clothes I find myself in a workout situation and then I have to buy workout clothes. Which annoys me because I have so many workout items at home that it's kind of stupid. I tend to run a lot when I am traveling, it's an easy go-to. I do sprints. I can do them in under 20 minutes. I like to sweat and get those endorphins moving. I get a good sweat in and I don't have to think too much. That's my most consistent travel workout.

ON CHANGING HER HAIR COLOR AND LENGTH:
When I had short hair I was like 'ugh, I miss my long hair' and I wanted it to grow long. Now that it's finally growing long I'm excited but I look at photos of when I had short hair and I want to cut it again. I realize that I get bored easily and I want what I can't have and that is a difficult predicament to live in. I did really like my short hair because it was easy. I like to be grab and go and be quick and not fuss around too much and go through a whole process. When I had short hair I could just shower and walk out and it would dry and do its own thing. The cut that Riawna did was flattering to my lifestyle of not doing much. Short hair does feel more like me. I am doing a movie soon where I will have to go a brownish red, a dark red color. I have always wanted to do that. We haven't decided yet if I am going to dye it or wear a wig. Probably a wig, because the process to color and make it that shade of red I have found out from my stylist is really damaging. We'll see, stay tuned.

ON KEEPING HER INSTAGRAM AUTHENTIC:
It's a great tool for work. As artists we constantly are creating things we want to share with the world. It's a great tool to share our projects or talk about partnerships or talk about charitable causes that were passionate about. For work purposes, it's really helpful. But on the same token, to connect with the fans and people who support you and kind of give a glimpse into your life and share your experiences and things you're excited about. I post for kind of my friends and family and then I guess I forget I have as many followers as I do. Maybe that's why it feels so authentic? I have a bit of a filter but it's not a very thick filter. Sometimes I don't put filters on my photos or stories and that's important too to show that yes, we do really beautiful glamorous things and go to the Guggenheim and attend these shows and we're on set and attend red carpets. But I am a pretty normal human underneath all that. I have good days and bad days and breakouts and don't wear makeup all the time. It's important that you feel beautiful and confident on your own without all that extra stuff. It's important for me to showcase that side of me on social media as well as the glam side. It's important for me that people know they both exist under my umbrella.

ON WOMEN SHE LOOKS TO FOR FASHION AND BEAUTY INSPIRATION:
Lupita, always looks amazing. I have always loved Zoe Saldana's style. JLaw in every way. There's a reason why I use her fragrance. I love how unapologetically herself she is both in fashion and as a human look up to her a lot. Margot Robbie always looks amazing. There are just so many stylish ladies. Kerry Washington is always awesome too. I love her style. Oh, and Zendaya! It's the craziest thing to me because I look up to someone so much younger than me. I want to be her when I grow up. Her style is so fun and bold. And Hunter Schafer. Basically anyone from the cast of Euphoria.

ON APPROACHING 2020:
2019 was a whirlwind it had a lot of great moments and some tough moments and that's all part of being a human. I am looking forward to a fresh start and fresh slate, new year. I set some new intentions and start this partnership that I am super excited about with Dior and see what the future has in store.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty...uty-interview/
Old 11-21-2019, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that.

Icon
"Give me a reason
You're silent when I'm screaming ,You took a piece of me And Now I'm Barely Breathing"
Old 11-22-2019, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the amazing news!
Old 02-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
jerry.kongprasit
Day one in Africa #pureflix shooting a movie with #ninadobrev
Old 02-25-2020, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks

Icon
"Give me a reason
You're silent when I'm screaming ,You took a piece of me And Now I'm Barely Breathing"
Old 02-25-2020, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the amazing pic!
Old 03-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the news

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 05-01-2020, 01:09 AM
Supreme Fan

https://deadline.com/2020/04/logan-m...ix-1202920966/

But it's a very small role.

Last edited by nira18; 05-01-2020 at 01:22 AM
Old 05-01-2020, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nira18 (View Post)
Thanks that’s still cool.

Icon
"Give me a reason
Old 05-01-2020, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure is!
Old 05-17-2020, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

a new role
Old 05-17-2020, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't wait!
Old 06-14-2020, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave