Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Elena/Katherine (TVD) SPOILERS AND SPECULATIONS thread #1 - Beecause we HAVE to know whats goin on with our girls!

Nina Dobrev {Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce}
Spoiler Thread

Promotional Photos;

more here

Episodes;

2x01: The Return
KATHERINE HAS RETURNED WITH A VENGEANCE — Picking up on the same night as last season’s finale, Elena (Nina Dobrev) arrives home to a nightmare as she discovers Uncle John’s and Jeremy’s fate. At the hospital, Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacIntyre) is comforted by Matt (Zach Roering), Bonnie (Katerina Graham) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) while she waits to hear if Caroline (Candice Accola) will survive the car accident. After a confusing conversation with Elena about the night’s events, Damon is the first to realize that Katherine (also played by Nina Dobrev) has returned. Katherine’s arrival sends Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon on a path to find out what she wants, why she’s back, and how much of a threat she is to the people they love. Meanwhile, still reeling from his father’s death, Tyler (Michael Trevino) is surprised when his charming and mysterious uncle, Mason Lockwood (guest star Taylor Kinney, “Trauma”), arrives to console the family.
- Summary by THE CW"

Stills:

+ HERE
Promo:

Comic Con Episode preview;

2x02: Brave New World
THE CARNIVAL FROM HELL — When a confused and desperate Caroline (Candice Accola) leaves the hospital and joins her friends at the Mystic Falls Carnival, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) wants to take immediate action, but Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) come to Caroline’s defense. Matt (Zach Roerig) is completely mystified by Caroline’s behavior, but still tries to tell her about his feelings for her. Damon has suspicions about Tyler’s Uncle Mason (guest star Taylor Kinney) and uses Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) volatile personality in an attempt to get Mason to reveal his secret. Upset with everything going on around her, Bonnie (Katerina Graham) takes her anger out on Damon. Steven R. McQueen also stars. John Dahl directed the episode written by Brian Young (#202).
Stills:

+ here
Promo:

2x03: New Moon Rising

Stills:

Promo:

Tweets;

Nina Dobrev:
Quote:
Getting my butt kicked today on set...my energy is depleted. Wowza... about 6 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Quote:
# The hard work will pay off. This episode will be great - When you all see episode 204..you'll know what I mean! about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Articles;
Quote:
In our previous post eOnline spoiled that at least one character that we already know and that is human will turn into a vampire in season 2. Pretty vague, but very tantalizing !

While we won’t come right out and name the human who will become a vampire this season, we won’t leave you hanging. Here’s a juicy spoiler/hint:

Our source tells us (confirmed to us by official sources), that Katherine ~Nina Dobrev confronts the character.

The character in question is female and she’s a new vampire! There will be a violent, vicious fight(Vamp v/s Vamp) between her and Katherine. Well, now that definitely narrows it down for you.
Vampire Diaries Season 2 Spoilers - Katherine & New Vampire

Quote:
Shane in Pittsburgh, Pa.: Will Jenna finally find out the truth about vampires on The Vampire Diaries?
Nope, you can expect Aunt Jenna to remain blissfully unaware of the supernatural happenings in Mystic Falls, at least for now. How can that be when she was in the house while Katherine was chopping off Uncle John's fingers and Jeremy was upstairs downing blood and pills? Executive producer Julie Plec tells us, "We'll learn in the first episode that she was actually out talking to the fire marshal. Katherine actually lured Jenna out of the house before all the craziness happened." Finger slicing aside, that Katherine seems like a fine young lady, no?
Spoiler Chat: Gossip Girl, True Blood, Chuck and More! - E! Online

Quote:
Williamson: Someone else takes her shirt off in the first episode, and she rocks a nice little black lace number really nicely.
Are you serious?
Plec: Yes, you heard it here first. Katherine in a bra, episode 1, tune in.
Williamson: Will you see her bra? It gets ripped off of her.
Plec: It does. Amidst all of the hot and heavy making out. Dot, dot, dot… [Laughs]
Williamson: All the violent sex all around the room.
'Vampire Diaries' exec producers endorse Ian Somerhalder in our Sexy Beasts Bracket Game | EW.com

Quote:
How will the vamps and weres interact on The Vampire Diaries? — Tamara
MICKEY: "In our world, our vampires know very little about the werewolf mythology, other than what anybody who's watched Wolfman or read books has learned," says executive producer Julie Plec. "They're going to be surprised at what they can do." Well, not everyone will be surprised. Katherine, it turns out, has a long history with the werewolves of Mystic Falls.
Mega Buzz: Gibbs' NCIS Dilemma, a Housewife's New Job and Callie's Question on Grey's - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Plec: We do have a carnival in our second episode, and in the third episode, Elena and Damon and Alaric travel together to Duke University, where Isobel, Alaric's wife and Elena's birth mother, met and lived together. She studied the paranormal and was an expert in the anthropology department which is how she disguised her vampire research. She had become obsessed with Mystic Falls and dug deep into the history of the town. So on their trip, they dig into her dusty files to see what she may have known that they don't know.
Quote:
Williamson: One of the things we'll see Elena deal with this year are mortality issues. She's dating a guy who's never going to get old and she's never going to be able to have children.
Q&A with Vampire Diaries Executive Producers Williamson and Plec - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
executive producer Julie Plec reveals that while the boys will discover her true identity quickly — since there was that little mix-up in the finale when Damon kissed Elena, but it was really Katherine! — the love triangle will get even more complicated in Season 2.
Quote:
TVGuide.com: What is Katherine's goal this season?
Plec: She sets her sights on basically making sure that the Stefan [Paul Wesley] and Elena love story hits a snag. It's going to be fun seeing Stefan and Katherine come up against each other. Obviously it's fun to see Damon [Ian Somerhalder] and Katherine because there's a lot of history there, too, but the triangle becomes the square.
Quote:
TVGuide.com: How long will it take Stefan and Damon to figure out it's not Elena?
Plec: They both know within the first 15 minutes of the first episode. Damon realizes he was duped, and Stefan comes face-to-face with Katherine. The fun of it is how Stefan responds to the moment, as opposed to how Damon responded to the moment.

Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec: The Love Triangle Becomes a Square - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
If there's one thing we can't get enough off, it's season two "Vampire Diaries" scoops. In the last week alone, we've given you an exclusive sneak peek into Damon's reaction when he finds out it's not Elena he kissed, the dish on the werewolves that will descend upon the town and of course the confirmation that we were all waiting for — Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Katherine will meet.
Quote:
"We 100 percent go there," Kevin said of revealing why Katherine and Elena look so much alike. "It’s not an easy answer, it’s something I think Elena’s going to have to uncover, and I think the answers aren’t exactly what she wants to hear. But 100 percent, she is going to figure out the doppelganger aspect."

The "Vampire" mastermind elaborated that Elena would take the lead on figuring out why she's got a look-alike running around town.

"We’re going to play with the doppelganger and why does she look exactly like Katherine from 1864. And Elena takes that journey to uncover the truth because she wants to find out. Wouldn’t you want to know? I mean, it’s creepy," he added. Yes, Kevin, we would want to know.

Of course, with Katherine more heavily in the mix in season 2, there are bound to be lots of flashbacks.
‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 2: Elena Will Discover Why She Looks Like Katherine! Hollywood Crush

Quote:
Will Damon's feelings for Katherine transfer over to Elena?
I don't know. Actually to be honest with you, I don't know. What I'd like to see is for him to realize [that Katherine] is a crazy, manipulative bitch and really a lot of where he comes from, his traits, he learned from her and if he were able to look inward at himself and say, "These are not very high quality traits of a person."
Quote:
Do you think Elena brings out Damon's humanity?
I think that's the only time you ever see it is when he's with her. I mean Nina Dobrev'll do that to you. No two ways about it.
Quote:
Will you be kissing Ian again this season?
I will be kissing at least one Salvatore brother this season.

Quote:
What's up with Katherine coming back?
Last season I got to do it very little. I mostly played Elena and we teased to Katherine a little bit, but this year there's gonna be a lot more Katherine. She's back and she's wreaking havoc and she's up to no good. So it's gonna be fun to kind of step into Damon's shoes a little bit and play with them and mess with everyone's minds.
Quote:
Now that Katherine has said she's back for Stefan, is he interested?
It's a mix, he thought he was in love with Katherine at one point, she's the person who is responsible for his immortality. It's heavy. He meets her with disgust and at the same time a little bit of interest.
Quote:
What can we expect this season?
Well, you know Katherine being back in Mystic Falls is a bit of a game changer for the show. We have to find out how is this going to affect Damon and Stefan in terms of Katherine now being back in town and I don't know. It's so hard to talk about it without giving anything away because it seems like everything is a surprise! She comes back and as you saw in the clip, she came back and pretty much stated why she's back and it'll be fun to sort of watch that play out, but if you've watched our show in the past, you know there's always more than one reason someone's there or some of the motives of our characters. So it's a huge turning. Well, she said she wanted Stefan. She came back for Stefan.
Quote:
What will we find out about Katherine?
There's so much to still know about 1864. What happened? Why wasn't she in the tomb? How did she escape? Where did she go? Why did she come to Mystic Falls to begin with? What brought her to Mystic Falls? And so there are all those fun questions that we're gonna explore and how the Lockwood curse figures into it.

How is Katherine different now than she was in 1864?
She's meaner. It's going to be interesting to watch. She's different in the sense that she doesn't have to wear corsets anymore and she's different, well I'm scared to say it because it'll tease where she's been. It's a bit of a secret what she's been up to.
The Vampire Diaries: Will Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder Smooch Again? We Ask 'Em! - E! Online

Quote:
"Initially, he’s repulsed by it and then I think he was once in love with her to a certain extent — whether she manipulated him or not— but she’s super powerful and capable of pulling Stefan away from Elena a little bit and I think it will be interesting to explore that."

Hm, a little Katherine-Stefan action could certainly be interesting and setup the "love square" (between Katherine/Stefan/Elana/Damon) that we've been hearing about these past few months. P.s. Can we just say that Nina is kinda the luckiest.girl.ever since she gets to play the love interest to both our "VD" hotties?
‘Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley Teases: Katherine Is Capable of Pulling Stefan Away From Elena Hollywood Crush

Last edited by Alexa; 09-02-2010 at 04:45 PM
Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening Alexa
nadia/100k at Dianna|
Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem!

DEA ROADTRIP.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

OH SNAP! Yes, definitely we need to start working on the OP here's the information about DEA roadtrip and Elena trying to find out more about Katherine:
Quote:
Elena and Damon and Alaric travel together to Duke University, where Isobel, Alaric's wife and Elena's birth mother, met and lived together. She studied the paranormal and was an expert in the anthropology department which is how she disguised her vampire research. She had become obsessed with Mystic Falls and dug deep into the history of the town. So on their trip, they dig into her dusty files to see what she may have known that they don't know.
Q&A with Vampire Diaries Executive Producers Williamson and Plec - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
TVGuide.com: Nina Dobrev will be taking on two characters at the same time in the new season, playing both Elena and Katherine.
Plec: Nina is one of the nicest people in the world, and she makes the joke that Katherine is Nina on a Saturday night. Nina on a Saturday night is definitely feisty, but by no means an evil, manipulative, horrible troll. For her to be able to play both the moral center and soulful, compassionate character, and then the narcissistic, selfish, manipulative, naughty minx is big for her.

TVGuide.com: What is Katherine's goal this season?
Plec: She sets her sights on basically making sure that the Stefan [Paul Wesley] and Elena love story hits a snag. It's going to be fun seeing Stefan and Katherine come up against each other. Obviously it's fun to see Damon [Ian Somerhalder] and Katherine because there's a lot of history there, too, but the triangle becomes the square.
Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec: The Love Triangle Becomes a Square - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Quote:
Vampire Diaries’ Season 2: Elena Will Discover Why She Looks Like Katherine! Hollywood Crush
"We 100 percent go there," Kevin said of revealing why Katherine and Elena look so much alike. "It’s not an easy answer, it’s something I think Elena’s going to have to uncover, and I think the answers aren’t exactly what she wants to hear. But 100 percent, she is going to figure out the doppelganger aspect."

The "Vampire" mastermind elaborated that Elena would take the lead on figuring out why she's got a look-alike running around town.

"We’re going to play with the doppelganger and why does she look exactly like Katherine from 1864. And Elena takes that journey to uncover the truth because she wants to find out. Wouldn’t you want to know? I mean, it’s creepy," he added. Yes, Kevin, we would want to know.

Of course, with Katherine more heavily in the mix in season 2, there are bound to be lots of flashbacks.

"You know, we talked about the founder’s ball, back in 1864 but we never showed it [in season 1]. We have an opportunity to show it, and show what happened when Katherine was there. What’s she doing? Oh look and there’s Mr. Lockwood in the corner, what’s he up to? So there’s a way we can sort of connect everything and show you part B. The other half of the story that hasn’t been told yet," Kevin said, adding that flashbacks in the first 13 episodes will stick to Mystic Falls circa the 1860s.
‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 2: Elena Will Discover Why She Looks Like Katherine! Hollywood Crush

Oh & there's Elena and Katherine stuff here: The Vampire Diaries: Will Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder Smooch Again? We Ask 'Em! - E! Online

TFTNT!

Oh oh & 2x01 preview:

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 08-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

great thread D:
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh gawwwwd. im not good at organizing OP stuff. Aat least, as far as spoilers are concerned
Old 08-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

You can do it Alex! Just put your own spin on it. Or look at other SS OPs and get inspiration from that IDK.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

LMAO.

Maybe ill do that tomorrow when im less lazy.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well there we go! So yea, the roadtrip! Elena is an extended part of Team Badass so I'm so looking forward to it.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Elite Fan

I'm gad we have this thread

I am selfish. I am brave.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

That's a great thread idea! Kem thanks so much for your work! This is awesome &'complete!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

DEA road trip?! Can I tag along with them?! Pleaaaaase KW and JP

I LOVE them, my OT3

I seriously and desperately hope for awesome DE scenes during the road trip, and MORE of Alaric's knowing glances between Damon and Elena
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm so excited for the road trip! I love Damon/Elena/Alaric.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Rachel

Yes, they're badass together
I tweeted JP and KW and asked them to make me tag along with them
Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDK (View Post)
DEA road trip?! Can I tag along with them?! Pleaaaaase KW and JP

I LOVE them, my OT3

I seriously and desperately hope for awesome DE scenes during the road trip, and MORE of Alaric's knowing glances between Damon and Elena
ITA ITA ITA

So excited about the DEA roadtrip my three favorite characters, all alone together can't wait it's in the 3rd episode, right?