Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I’ll just say that I think it’d be super sad for a young woman in her vibrant, early years to take her life and die on the sword for the love of a man. As much as I am a romantic and believe in true love, I also believe in therapy and trying to pull yourself together and getting on with your life.
Oh god I so agree with this part of the article. Please please please do not make Elena die to be with him, I understand she loves him so much but good lord she has got to keep going
Old 07-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
There’s a crazy internet rumor out there that suggests Elena will want to reunite with Damon so badly, she’ll consider dying to join him. Is there any truth to that?

I’ll just say that I think it’d be super sad for a young woman in her vibrant, early years to take her life and die on the sword for the love of a man. As much as I am a romantic and believe in true love, I also believe in therapy and trying to pull yourself together and getting on with your life.
That screams Romeo and Juliet...not sure I'd like that to happen. I want Delena back together very bad but not that very bad...if that makes any sense.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 07-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that's a little dark and desperate for me, I think since Elena could go without her brother (even though this was very difficult) she can be without Damon and she should try and think about how they can always find a way to be back together because it's never as it seems, something always undoes the cliffhanger nothing really seems to stick.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding on to memories (View Post)
Thanks for the link.

Quote:
TVLINE | There’s a crazy internet rumor out there that suggests Elena will want to reunite with Damon so badly, she’ll consider dying to join him. Is there any truth to that?
I hope not. She needs to mourn and move on. She is a vampire and an eternity ahead of her. She needs to explore the world. I am so tired of Elena's life revolving just around love. Seriously when will she let go of her suicide tendencies?
Quote:
TVLINE | Is she pulling herself together? What can you say about Elena’s mental state in Season 6?
She’s trying, and I won’t necessarily say she’s succeeding. She’s got some complicated coping mechanisms that are making her be things and do things and act in ways that we wouldn’t normally expect from her.
I can deal with this no matter how much crazy things she do and how many mistakes she make but she shouldn't think about death.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't blame Elena for being suicidal because look at her life, saying it sucks ios quite an understatement but I do not want her contemplating suicide over Damon over Stefan or any other potential love interest.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
I don't blame Elena for being suicidal because look at her life, saying it sucks ios quite an understatement but I do not want her contemplating suicide over Damon over Stefan or any other potential love interest.
I think they got enough flak from last season and the suicide stuff. I don't think anyone appreciated the Romeo and Juliet aspect of Silas and Amara. Or Katherine jumping off the building. There was a lot of bad press about it I remember. Talking about how this is a teenage show and how TVD shouldn't be romanticizing it. So I am 100% sure that this wouldn't happen this year.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
That screams Romeo and Juliet...not sure I'd like that to happen. I want Delena back together very bad but not that very bad...if that makes any sense.
It makes perfect sense. I want Damon to come back not for Elena to die to be with him.

As for Elena studying... you know it'll last 1 or 2 episodes and then she'll get caught up in some drama again.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Yeah that's a little dark and desperate for me, I think since Elena could go without her brother (even though this was very difficult) she can be without Damon and she should try and think about how they can always find a way to be back together because it's never as it seems, something always undoes the cliffhanger nothing really seems to stick.
Yeah, I completely agree. If she can go without Jeremy for a while she can go without Damon. Plus, characters don't stay dead for long on this show.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 07-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding on to memories (View Post)
As for Elena studying... you know it'll last 1 or 2 episodes and then she'll get caught up in some drama again.
They never go to class, I don't know how she managed to become pre-med in the first place.

I really hope there's no memory loss storyline when Damon comes back.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by monygrl (View Post)
I think they got enough flak from last season and the suicide stuff. I don't think anyone appreciated the Romeo and Juliet aspect of Silas and Amara. Or Katherine jumping off the building. There was a lot of bad press about it I remember. Talking about how this is a teenage show and how TVD shouldn't be romanticizing it. So I am 100% sure that this wouldn't happen this year.
Yeah but I don't worry about how it teaches teens because it's not a television show's job to do that but I understand what you're saying, it sounds like they may stay away from that since so many are concerned with that. I just don't want to see a beautiful young character who was very strong and made it clear that she didn't need a man to stand on her own suddenly to off herself for the sake of love
Old 07-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocence (View Post)
They never go to class, I don't know how she managed to become pre-med in the first place.

I have no idea either. It makes sense for Elena to want to be a doctor because her father was one, but it requires a lot of studying which she doesn't have time for with everything that's happening around her.

I don't want it either. Stefan already had that storyline and it was meh.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocence (View Post)
I hope not either. I will flip if there is one.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 07-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Everything from Comic Con has me cautiously optimistic.

‘The Vampire Diaries’ Comic-Con 2014 — Season 6 Spoilers | TVLine
Old 07-27-2014, 02:47 AM
Supreme Fan

Old 07-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll be watching both of those tonight so thank you very much for posting