Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2018, 06:35 AM
  #16
Fan Forum Star

 
Erinღ's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
Nina Dobrev
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 127,010
Quote:
Not trying to start anything, but this is a trigger for my own OCD.... OCD has very little to do with cleaning
Ash, you aren't starting anything and I appreciate your perspective on the OCD thing. It does seem to be misinterpreted a lot by people as a condition where things must be clean when there's far more to it and what inspired your new name?!

--

Alright, so I'm not really sure what to say Mary, I mean I don't agree with your roommate treating you badly and not following rules, but shopping at places you don't like doesn't fall under any of those. it's like telling someone they can't live with you if they have an opinion that differs from yours.

Quote:
People have rules that people need to follow, so you are saying you would move into my house and disregard my rules(making me feel/thing less of you).
I absolutely am saying that I would disregard your rule of not being able to shop or go anywhere I want to, that's right. Sorry if that upsets you or makes you think less of me, Mary, but this is a free country and if you try and control people to this extent, then you stand an extremely low chance of getting along with anyone in this entire world

Quote:
So your remark saying that people are going to shop there regardless is pretty much useless to this point.
Well you asked me to reply to your post, wanting my opinion. Or well it sounds like now you really just wanted me to agree with you and I can't do that. You will be hard-pressed to find other people who would agree with that as well.

Quote:
Also, if you pay into mortgages, irrigation, or the HOA, and one of your roommmates don't follow your rules, you have the right to kick them out
Sure thing, right you are just don't get angry when people find your standards ridiculously impossible and exercise their right to shop at any place they want to or express an opinion about something you might disagree with. I mean...honestly Mary, people can do whatever they want to. You think it's okay to control people like robots simply because you pay for the roof over their head? I mean you are literally making the argument "I can make them walk, talk and act the way that I want them to since I pay for where they live." Yeah you do have that right. But that doesn't make you a good friend or girlfriend or person by controlling people in this way.

Quote:
Erin, being controlling is a part of my personality. It isn't entirely my fault considering how I was brought up.
So I'm confused by this, so are you admitting that your behavior toward people isn't right? Because you seem annoyed with me not agreeing with you but you admit here that it's a fault. I get where you're coming from if you are suggesting to me that yes you do have a control issue and want to work on it but you seem more angry with me than anything else

Quote:
I never complain about the stuff I get from Victoria's Secret because the quality is good and I enjoy the stuff I get from the store, this roommate, however, complains about **** he gets from HellMart and still continues to shop there.
Okay if he's buying stuff and complaining, yeah that's pretty stupid but he's not the only one who has a fixation on hating the store Mary, you hate it so much that you tell posters here not to shop there for you. That's an unhealthy fixation of hatred on something.
__________________
Erin
[A STAR IS BORN]
Erinღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:48 AM
  #17
Fan Forum Hero

 
♥true_crime_beauty64♥'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 88,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Alright, so I'm not really sure what to say Mary, I mean I don't agree with your roommate treating you badly and not following rules, but shopping at places you don't like doesn't fall under any of those. it's like telling someone they can't live with you if they have an opinion that differs from yours.
Then you and I see differently.



Quote:
I absolutely am saying that I would disregard your rule of not being able to shop or go anywhere I want to, that's right. Sorry if that upsets you or makes you think less of me, Mary, but this is a free country and if you try and control people to this extent, then you stand an extremely low chance of getting along with anyone in this entire world
I don't need to get along with everyone in the world. I hate people enough already. I'm not a people person. I have an issue with people doing **** that is offensive to me. Then you aren't allowed to live with me. You can't live with me with that attitude. You might as well do drugs IN MY HOUSE, and expect me to like you.



Quote:
Well you asked me to reply to your post, wanting my opinion. Or well it sounds like now you really just wanted me to agree with you and I can't do that. You will be hard-pressed to find other people who would agree with that as well.
Then it is your opinion. Your opinion doesn't mean that you are right.


Quote:
Sure thing, right you are just don't get angry when people find your standards ridiculously impossible and exercise their right to shop at any place they want to or express an opinion about something you might disagree with. I mean...honestly Mary, people can do whatever they want to. You think it's okay to control people like robots simply because you pay for the roof over their head? I mean you are literally making the argument "I can make them walk, talk and act the way that I want them to since I pay for where they live." Yeah you do have that right. But that doesn't make you a good friend or girlfriend or person by controlling people in this way.
Oh honey. My boyfriend already thinks of me as a good girlfriend. And again, you can't live with me with that attitude. Sometimes I think my opinion is better than everyone else's because it is the one that makes total sense. I've been raised to follow the rules in the household, and if I didn't, then I'm kicked out. My boyfriend is going to let me make rules for the house because in a relationship, you do that. My mom and dad made rules in a household.



Quote:
So I'm confused by this, so are you admitting that your behavior toward people isn't right? Because you seem annoyed with me not agreeing with you but you admit here that it's a fault. I get where you're coming from if you are suggesting to me that yes you do have a control issue and want to work on it but you seem more angry with me than anything else
I'm saying that I've been brought up this way.



Quote:
Okay if he's buying stuff and complaining, yeah that's pretty stupid but he's not the only one who has a fixation on hating the store Mary, you hate it so much that you tell posters here not to shop there for you. That's an unhealthy fixation of hatred on something.
I'm a protester/activist against that place.
__________________
♥Buffy Summers&Angel♥
Buffy: Angel when I Look Into The Future All I See Is You, All I Want Is You.
Angel: I Know The Feeling.
Icon credit: Erin
♥true_crime_beauty64♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:37 AM
  #18
Fan Forum Legend

 
could never leave you's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 286,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Ash, you aren't starting anything and I appreciate your perspective on the OCD thing. It does seem to be misinterpreted a lot by people as a condition where things must be clean when there's far more to it and what inspired your new name?!
It's not just my prospective on OCD, it's the medical communities perspective. OCD is so much more than what the stigma of it in the world these days likes to make it seem like.

It's a ship related username. It was a hallucination that the guy was having while high about the girl he cared about not long after he drove her away.

__________________
could never leave you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:45 AM
  #19
Fan Forum Hero

 
♥true_crime_beauty64♥'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 88,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
It's not just my prospective on OCD, it's the medical communities perspective. OCD is so much more than what the stigma of it in the world these days likes to make it seem like.
I'm too clean.
__________________
♥Buffy Summers&Angel♥
Buffy: Angel when I Look Into The Future All I See Is You, All I Want Is You.
Angel: I Know The Feeling.
Icon credit: Erin
♥true_crime_beauty64♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:02 AM
  #20
Fan Forum Legend

 
could never leave you's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 286,115
Are you a germophobe or just clean?
__________________
could never leave you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:05 AM
  #21
Fan Forum Hero

 
♥true_crime_beauty64♥'s Avatar

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 88,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
Are you a germophobe or just clean?
Both, but not massive germophobe. I like things clean.
__________________
♥Buffy Summers&Angel♥
Buffy: Angel when I Look Into The Future All I See Is You, All I Want Is You.
Angel: I Know The Feeling.
Icon credit: Erin
♥true_crime_beauty64♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:09 AM
  #22
Fan Forum Legend

 
could never leave you's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 286,115
Alright.
__________________
could never leave you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:37 PM
  #23
Fan Forum Star

 
Erinღ's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
Nina Dobrev
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 127,010
So you just told me this

Quote:
Then it is your opinion. Your opinion doesn't mean that you are right.
Then you say this

Quote:
Sometimes I think my opinion is better than everyone else's because it is the one that makes total sense.
Take your own advice, Mary.


And you keep saying that these are your terms if I want to live with you. Well, I don't want to live with you, all I've done here is given you my opinion and you're acting unreasonably toward me like I've completely betrayed you by not just agreeing with you. So it's not about living with you.

So yeah that about finishes the conversation between us here. I'm not going to engage with people who are condescending. If you need any help when it comes to the board I am still here for that because I can set any differences aside as a moderator on here. But that's it. I am respectfully disagreeing and ending the conversation.

--

Quote:
It's not just my prospective on OCD, it's the medical communities perspective. OCD is so much more than what the stigma of it in the world these days likes to make it seem like.
I would imagine. I don't suffer or even know anyone in my life who suffers OCD, so I have no knowledge of it but I hear that it's always misinterpreted as just being a "neat freak" and I imagine that frustrates those with OCD because I'm sure that they only wish being a neat freak was the only problem it presented

Is that ship from From Dusk Till Dawn? I recognize the actress, my co-mod at Di's board loves her (I do as well)
__________________
Erin
[A STAR IS BORN]
Erinღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:01 PM
  #24
Fan Forum Legend

 
could never leave you's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 286,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
I would imagine. I don't suffer or even know anyone in my life who suffers OCD, so I have no knowledge of it but I hear that it's always misinterpreted as just being a "neat freak" and I imagine that frustrates those with OCD because I'm sure that they only wish being a neat freak was the only problem it presented

Is that ship from From Dusk Till Dawn? I recognize the actress, my co-mod at Di's board loves her (I do as well)
I can concur with that. Everytime someone mentions being "OCD" because they love organization and being clean I'm always like, "I wish." OCD would be so much simpler if that were the case.

It is.
__________________
could never leave you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:04 PM
  #25
Fan Forum Star

 
Firecrest's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 117,198
Yup!
__________________
When you do multiple things you love, it doesn't feel like work. Lauren Conrad

Lauren Conrad CampaignLauren Conrad Celebrity
Firecrest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:11 PM
  #26
Fan Forum Legend

 
could never leave you's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 286,115
I hope to be back to full posting rounds by Sunday or Monday.
__________________
could never leave you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:56 PM
  #27
Fan Forum Star

 
Firecrest's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 117,198
Yay!
__________________
When you do multiple things you love, it doesn't feel like work. Lauren Conrad

Lauren Conrad CampaignLauren Conrad Celebrity
Firecrest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:54 PM
  #28
Moderator Support Team

 
~AnastasiaGrey~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 203,377
Happy easter everyone
__________________
This is me, All of me and I want you in anyway I can. That I love you.
Christian ♥ Anastasia Edward ♥Bella
~AnastasiaGrey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 PM
  #29
Fan Forum Star

 
Firecrest's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 117,198
Happy Easter!
__________________
When you do multiple things you love, it doesn't feel like work. Lauren Conrad

Lauren Conrad CampaignLauren Conrad Celebrity
Firecrest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 PM
  #30
Fan Forum Legend

 
fractured moonlight's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 318,593
Erin - You not knowing where Ashley's new username came from reminds me to tell you to finish From Dusk Till Dawn already!
fractured moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Nina Dobrev Forever, Vampire Diaries Online, Nina Dobrev Network, Until Forever Ends
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST