Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

[TVD Discussion Thread] 3x22 The Departed (Airdate: May 10th)

TVD Discussion Thread
• • •
3x22 The Departed

3x22 The Departed Determined to protect his sister, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) makes a decision that will change everything. In the harsh reality of the present situation, Elena (Nina Dobrev) longs for simpler times when her parents, Grayson (guest star Jason MacDonald) and Miranda (guest star Erin Beute), and Aunt Jenna (guest star Sara Canning) were still alive and her biggest concern was her relationship with Matt (Zach Roerig). Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) leave Mystic Falls together on a mission, but soon split up when Elena needs one of them. Caroline (Candice Accola) and Tyler (Michael Trevino) are forced to make a life-changing decision. Finally, Bonnie (Kat Graham) makes a secret deal that has heartbreaking consequences. John Behring directed the episode with story by Brett Matthews & Elisabeth R. Finch and teleplay by Julie Plec (#322).

Promo Videos

Promo Pictures/Behind The Scenes
Can be viewed here

Old 05-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Tftnt!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt

Old 05-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I wish I could've been happy enough to watch this episode, but that wasn't the case unfortunately. I still have no problem posting about the recaps I've read, though.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Well that's good. As much I'm mad about the finale, it would have pass but after reading Julie's interview holy geez she made it worse.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Talking right after the finale was the worst thing she could've done. Give everyone a week or two to calm down first.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Yeah that's true but also it's the way she keep saying some stuff. Like I said in the DE thread she really seems mad against the DE fans. Well when you keep saying comments like that, what does she expect

Old 05-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Yes, exactly!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-13-2012, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

TSC got cancelled, can we hope Kevin could come back? Please!!!!!!

I know it's mean but I love how some fans tweets Kevin to come back and save the show.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

TSC got cancelled...? It's a sign from the man above I tell you! Kevin can now return to TVD and save the show! I'm with all those tweeters!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

From the latest it is. Can we actually be lucky? I know he have a new show on Fox but keeping the faith lol.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

He can do two shows at once! All we need KW for is helping DE out and making things more realistic! It shouldn't be too hard to do!

{taek su mi sun}

Last edited by fall into your smile; 05-14-2012 at 01:45 PM
Old 05-16-2012, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

^ I know he could but also it depends if both networks agree to this. Not only for DE but Kevin have the guts to write stuff. Kevin knew how to shocked us because we couldn't tell in advance what's going to happen but with Julie we already know what's going to happen a few weeks/days before the episode. Julie is there to please the fans while Kevin is there to write the show and you can tell. I've got mad at Kevin for some things he made the characters do but at least he's not afraid to still go for it no matter if the fans are going to piss off or not.

Last edited by Stenz; 05-16-2012 at 05:06 AM
Old 05-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Exactly! KW knows how to keep the suspense and also write for the sake of writing a good show as opposed to pleasing the fans. He writes to tell a story that is open ended and could go either with way as opposed to, "Oh, look it's time for Stelena again or let's continue to string Delena shippers along." Pleasing the fans never works because when you do and the other fans who aren't pleased realize that you're trying to please a certain section of the fans, then they're gonna stop watching. Therefore, writers need to tell a story that could go either way instead of writing just one way the whole time because pleaseing everyone gets you no where except cancelled for a show. And, if fans are being pleased, then equally please all of the fans and keep an equilibrium. Save the show don't ruin it.

Sorry, I went a little overboard there...

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

^ THIS so much!!! If you're going to write your show for the fans than get out. Of course as producer/writers etc. they need to consider the fans but there's a line between listen to the fans and making the fans taking over the show and sadly this is what's going on.

Quote:
Sorry, I went a little overboard there...
No not all and always love to hear what you think Also it's great to know I'm not alone in this