Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2014, 04:30 PM
KRM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I don't think the unknown factor is all that valuable It would be stupid to go there again, imo. It's much better if they know who it is, but don't know where he/she is or how they can prove it, because that makes it so much more frustrating for them.
The show's foundation has been the ongoing mystery. When one mystery is solved more mysteries crop up. When the viewers get answers they are always accompanied by more questions. I think the writers and producers are likely going to stick with that formula. Post A will probably be similar to before the reveal in that the Liars will be trying to uncover a new tormentor or piece together mysterious events and players.

Quote:
The girls post-A lives won't be all sunshine and roses, either, there's so many issues that would stem from it, within themselves (PTSD, guilt etc.), with their families (dealing with the lies and their actions), legal ramifications (they were stealing police files/breaking and entering etc.). A being unmasked will create a whole new mess, and by the time the girls have got through that, they'll be realising that A isn't as dead as they thought.
I know it's not technically the same thing but if Allison is indeed A it would certainly feel like a heavy retread to me. We thought Allison was dead but now she's not. Then a couple seasons thenceforth ... we thought Allison was dead (Again!) but now she's not. Even if you add in the element of knowing she is A it just seems a bit too Groundhog Day.

Quote:
They'll be vulnerable even after they work it out because the whole time they have thought big A is dead, they would have been distracted by everything else. Big A wouldn't have been, she'd have been planning her next few moves and they won't know what they're in for because they wouldn't have even considered it a possibility. The mystery being who is getting extremely tedious, it's about time they changed it and had it be a where and a how, and let the who fall into the background and become a minor thing (who helped?).

The Ezra story is done. As far as they're concerned, they delivered on the promise of the reveal being real, and tbh, they did, Ezra is an appalling person, he's just not A. All of that extra stuff was unnecessary overkill to make it seem like he was A, he was never actually going to be.
Tbh, Ezra was revealed as an appalling person at the beginning of the first season when he decided to date one of his high school students.

I didn't think Ezra was A. I don't think he would be sending the snarky texts. Not his style. I do think he may be A's benefactor, but more than that a sort of puppet master. The show has subtly hinted at Aria's naivete in taking Ezra back. I don't think the show is done exploring his character and I really doubt it's just going to revert back to Ezria bliss a la the better part of the first 4 seasons. I like evil Ezria. He actually becomes interesting to me.

Quote:
I'm pretty convinced Bethany is Alison's twin on the show, too There's no way around her being Jessica's child (Jessica wouldn't have been able to take her out of Radley if she wasn't), and she was mistaken for Alison. Radley is corrupt, so it's not a stretch to believe the records were tampered with. Jason spent years adjusting to the fact that his sister was dead only to find out it had all been a lie Makes perfect sense that he'd be off with her. Alison was with the liars when Jessica was killed, so she couldn't have actually done it, but if she is A like she is in the books, she probably did order the killing.

Some people don't seem to want a twin storyline but I wouldn't mind one if it's written well. It would be interesting for Sasha to play a completely different character (I'm assuming in flashbacks). Jason didn't like Ali before it was confirmed she was still alive. For instance, there was that scene when Jason was very antagonistic towards her and motioned like he was going to club her with Spencer's hockey stick. Ali looked afraid of him. It seemed much darker than typical sibling angst. They've never been shown to have a close relationship. They've been portrayed to have a strained relationship in pretty much every scene together...which admittedly isn't that many. Ali certainly seems like prime suspect for her mother's death...her attire at the funeral just seems too provocative/tasteless to believe.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The mystery doesn't always have to be the who. That's overdone in general, and on this show, it's already been done twice. Tbh, it seems to me like they're following the books, which means they probably aren't doing it again.

The way the books went, is that the girl they were friends with is dead, and she always has been. A is not their Alison, A is the real Alison, so the girl they initially thought was dead is a different girl to the one they think is dead after she is unmasked as A. It worked in the books, and I think it'll work even better on the show if they go that way.

That's true about Ezra. It's one of the reasons I don't understand why people thought he was suddenly being made creepy. There was always something off there, they just stopped pretending any different for a bit.

I think they're so done with that though, he'll go back to being creepy in the sense he always was, but not in the A sense. I mean, the guy almost had a heart attack because he thought Shana was A and she was standing in the room, he clearly knows nothing about A.

From what I've seen, most people don't want it because it interferes with a ship, even though it is the only way of staying true to the story. Alison wasn't exactly a good sister, she was nasty to everyone, and we know Jason wasn't an exception to that, it would be weirder if he did like her.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-24-2014, 07:01 PM
KRM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The way the books went, is that the girl they were friends with is dead, and she always has been. A is not their Alison, A is the real Alison, so the girl they initially thought was dead is a different girl to the one they think is dead after she is unmasked as A. It worked in the books, and I think it'll work even better on the show if they go that way.
I'm massively confused. I haven't read the books so bear with me. Who is "their Alison?" The bully Ali they were friends with pre-story that we only see in flashbacks? The Alison that just returned to Rosewood after hiding when people thought she was dead? Has the flashback Ali that we became so familiar with actually been Bethany the whole time?
Old 10-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In the books, Alison's twin, Courtney, managed to convince their parents she was Alison while she was at home, which led them to send Real Alison to the psych ward in her place. Courtney then befriended the liars, but they believed she was Alison. Eventually, Alison escaped and killed Courtney. The girl that the liars were friends with was always dead, and real Alison blamed them for allowing her sister to take over her life (even though they didn't know), which is why she picked up the A stuff where Mona left off. There was no faked death, just a mistaken identification.

If the show follows the books, and there is always that chance that it won't, the girls were friends with Bethany, but believed she was Alison. Real Alison killed Bethany and is now getting close to the liars in order to destroy them. The Alison we saw with them in flashbacks was Bethany (being Alison), the Alison they are with now is real Alison.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-24-2014, 09:00 PM
KRM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
In the books, Alison's twin, Courtney, managed to convince their parents she was Alison while she was at home, which led them to send Real Alison to the psych ward in her place. Courtney then befriended the liars, but they believed she was Alison. Eventually, Alison escaped and killed Courtney. The girl that the liars were friends with was always dead, and real Alison blamed them for allowing her sister to take over her life (even though they didn't know), which is why she picked up the A stuff where Mona left off. There was no faked death, just a mistaken identification.

If the show follows the books, and there is always that chance that it won't, the girls were friends with Bethany, but believed she was Alison. Real Alison killed Bethany and is now getting close to the liars in order to destroy them. The Alison we saw with them in flashbacks was Bethany (being Alison), the Alison they are with now is real Alison.
Ok now that I'm understanding (I think) I don't mind this storyline so much, in fact it does have potential. I would love to see flashbacks of Alison vs Bethany. The industry can pull off those double scenes pretty well these days. I think they can still weave plenty of questions into that plot. The interesting thing is that Bethany's bullying may have been just keeping up the act so that people believed the lie. It kind of makes the dream sequences of Alison that the girls had before the reveal a little awkward to watch though. As I thought maybe we were seeing a benevolent side to "Ali." But those wouldn't be Bethany since she had died. It was interesting during the Halloween special episode that Troian and Ashley both chirped that they knew the identity of A. Shay and Lucy quickly chimed in that they didn't. Meanwhile SP was conspicuously silent.

One thing I'm worried about is Spencer's family. I liked her family, as characters, and even if some of their storylines have played out (such as Melissa's) I hope the writers find some new ones. Although I'm sure we'll see plenty of Veronica initially with Spencer incarcerated. The families are going to be in and out of the show since they're not the focus but I loved the way Melissa got a rise out of Spencer.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think that's the way it was in the books Courtney was a normal kid until she had to be Alison, which led her to be just as nasty as Alison was - she lost herself when she put on the act (to my understanding, anyway). It makes those "dreams" interesting, imo. It makes sense if she isn't the girl they were friends with, because aside from diaries etc. she didn't know these girls - maybe she waited until they were impaired to approach them and find out more about them.

I didn't notice that she hadn't said anything, but that is interesting. I heard that the network said that only Troian and Ashley knew, but if Sasha knows and it's her, they probably wouldn't want us to know that she knows

Spencer's family are one of my favourite things about the show, so anything that leads to less of them will suck for me. I really want to see the Spencer/Melissa relationship develop now that the truth is out (at least within the family/liars).

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-25-2014, 12:25 PM
New Fan

Why are people saying Bethany is Alison's twin when in the show Bethany is two year's older than alison. Or are people assuming that bethany's age is a lie.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The only proof of Bethany's age is Radley records, and Jessica DiLaurentis was on the board, so there's a very good chance she tampered with them and changed the age to hide the fact that Bethany was her daughter, which imo, there is no way around, because it's the only way she would have been able to take her out of Radley.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-25-2014, 03:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
The only proof of Bethany's age is Radley records, and Jessica DiLaurentis was on the board, so there's a very good chance she tampered with them and changed the age to hide the fact that Bethany was her daughter, which imo, there is no way around, because it's the only way she would have been able to take her out of Radley.
But I thought bethany had a family who also Identified her as their daughter or am I confused.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All we were told about her family is that they had been informed, we don't know who they were or even if they were really her family, or just people that the police believed were her family.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-25-2014, 03:56 PM
New Fan

I don't know all of this seem a little off. Ali right now to me does not even makes sense as A because if she was A she didn't gain anything from it. Also there hasn't been any evidence to show her to even be a killer or having any of the resources and money to be A. To me A seem like an adult more than a child. If she is A they are going to have to explain a lot of things.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think there's anyone else that makes sense, tbh And aside from that, if it's not her, there was no point in her being alive in the first place. We know she has money, they made a whole point of showing us she liked to blackmail people, and we also know that people knew she was alive and could easily have been giving her money. We've been shown since season 1 that she's a horrible person, and she herself has admitted that she is a killer (if you believe her about Ian). It won't be an adult, that would be too stupid, imo, it's such a teenage thing to do, and an adult being behind this would just be so much more ridiculous than this show has ever been (and it is pretty ridiculous as it is).

The thing that makes me think they're following the books though, is that every single thing they have changed from them has no effect on the overall outcome of her being A. Toby and Ezra both found out nothing, Mona didn't know who big A was etc.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-25-2014, 04:47 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I don't think there's anyone else that makes sense, tbh And aside from that, if it's not her, there was no point in her being alive in the first place. We know she has money, they made a whole point of showing us she liked to blackmail people, and we also know that people knew she was alive and could easily have been giving her money. We've been shown since season 1 that she's a horrible person, and she herself has admitted that she is a killer (if you believe her about Ian). It won't be an adult, that would be too stupid, imo, it's such a teenage thing to do, and an adult being behind this would just be so much more ridiculous than this show has ever been (and it is pretty ridiculous as it is).

The thing that makes me think they're following the books though, is that every single thing they have changed from them has no effect on the overall outcome of her being A. Toby and Ezra both found out nothing, Mona didn't know who big A was etc.
When I say killer I do not mean the ability to kill I mean killing just to kill. She didn't kill Ian though which as of right now hasn't been proven wrong. But even if she did she only did that to protect Spencer. If she had money why was she sleeping in a abandon basement or begging for money from Emily. Now I am not saying that she is a saint because she definitely is not but again she never been shown to be as insane as A. Also she could be alive because without her the girls might not figure out who A is. If Alison is A they need to give me a good reason other than she is a bitch. It can be an adult depending on the motive for A which we still do not know.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There's no logical way that he was alive when he fell from that bell tower, we all saw it, and we've been shown all along that Alison doesn't care about these girls, so I don't believe she did it to protect Spencer, it's more likely she did it so she could use it to manipulate her.

She doesn't want the girls to know she has money, if they knew that, they wouldn't have felt so sorry for her. It's all part of her act, and we most definitely have been shown that she is as insane as A, they've achieved that pretty well over 4.5 seasons.

That's not a good enough reason for her to be alive There's no real reason that they would need any specific person to work everything out, and considering the way she treats them, the only thing she would do is hinder them. They already have the book reason, and have made it very easy for themselves to have that play out on screen.

An adult would be a step too far towards stupid, and I think the writers are very aware of that. Any of the parents would be far too illogical, and aside from Melissa (who has been ruled out), Jason (who isn't available), CeCe (same as Jason) and Ezra (which will never happen), there aren't any other adults who are relevant enough.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-25-2014, 08:56 PM
KRM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

An adult would be a step too far towards stupid, and I think the writers are very aware of that. Any of the parents would be far too illogical, and aside from Melissa (who has been ruled out), Jason (who isn't available), CeCe (same as Jason) and Ezra (which will never happen), there aren't any other adults who are relevant enough.
Well there's Wren. Hollywood loves British villains. Especially if they're one of the clever ones. He's obviously tied into some sort of shenanigans. He sort of just floats around, makes out with girls, joins the hospital staff, joins the mental institution staff, happens to bump into people, appears abruptly from nowhere...yeah. The writers sometimes lack subtlety with his character.

What if the long standing Aria is A theory turns out to be true? Ever since Toni Collette made the MPD storyline cool you just never know....