Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Leigh

Just been re-watching some of their scenes, they've come along way
Old 02-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They really have. It's such a beautiful journey

I'm really hoping that episode was a sign of things to come and they're dropped the mother stuff for the most part now. It was sucking them dry, and I feel like we've now got them back.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)

I'm really hoping that episode was a sign of things to come and they're dropped the mother stuff for the most part now. It was sucking them dry, and I feel like we've now got them back.
THIS.

I felt it went on and on and on to the point where I thought I wouldn't mind him doing that disappearing act for a little again just to get Spencer away from it because it sucked everything out of them. Hopefully this is a turning point though I agree, I'm not saying I want all sunshine and rainbows but just to ease off a bit.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like the mother stuff had potential, but they started it way too soon, ignoring the necessary trust issues and explanations, and dragged it out for far too long before making it relevant. If they had started it in like, episode 9/10, we would probably still be at the exact same point that we are now.

Sunshine and rainbows would be just as dull as the mother stuff, tbh I want them to be tested, just not through a side plot. The drugs works for me, because it's Spencer focused, gives Toby something to respond to, and can easily be linked to the mystery.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

It did but they ruined it for me, but I find a lot of things have potential on this show and it gets ruined more often than not.

I like the drugs plot so far same as how when she had that breakdown last season (even though it was awful to watch) it was relevant and gave her something to do and brought a whole new layer to Spencer which we hadn't seen before, something which Toby can be involved in if they write it correctly, and Troian can pull it off well also, I mean let's face it she has the acting chops for it.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's because the writers don't put enough thought into it, I guess

The breakdown was definitely awful to watch, but also kind of awesome at the same time. I love getting extremes like that. They have a real opportunity here with the drugs. As long as they follow through, it could really develop not only Spencer and Toby, but also her whole family and the girls.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yup, exactly that, or they have the thought for an episode and then after that your like

CAM. I'm all for character development through stuff like that, but this is an opportunity to bring the family back and pulling together, and get more scenes, I love the Hastings bunch. I want to them to show Toby being there for her in every way. I just hope to god they don't mess it up or have her be like up and about and normal with 1 ep. I'm praying they it's gonna be spot on!!

Was thinking how much I'd love to see Troian in some of our British drama's, how amazing, she definitely has the face for it, something like downtown abby. Anyway back to Spoby.....

Old 02-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It bothers me, tbh, that they have great ideas but they always fall short on delivery.

They really need to step up. I think realistically from what we've seen, Veronica definitely would. She usually does, imo. I just hope this can make them a stronger family in the end, not just with Peter and Veronica, but also with Melissa (I've given up on anything with Jason right now). I would really love if we got the Hastings and Toby working together on this just a little bit. It's a little annoying that we never see the LIs with the girls families anymore.

She'd be perfect in them!!

That moment I still love that she tried to slap him

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Toby involved with the Hastings would be amazing. Finally some interaction from LI with families, tv gold if they did that with others aswell. Veronica is a very scary person, she'd step up and get the job done no problem

I know, was so charged that scene, but still very sweet at the same time
Old 02-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes! Veronica can be pretty scary. I think some people think that makes her a bad parent, but I think that's what makes her a great parent. She doesn't try to be her kids friend.

I just think seeing a LI with family is necessary at this point. It's so unrealistic that it rarely happens. Parents are interested. Using this to get Toby and the Hastings in the same room would be logical and great, they all want to help her, it's best that they work together to do that.

It was Probably one of my favourite scenes of theirs. Not sickly sweet and true to the characters.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Yes! Veronica can be pretty scary. I think some people think that makes her a bad parent, but I think that's what makes her a great parent. She doesn't try to be her kids friend.

I just think seeing a LI with family is necessary at this point. It's so unrealistic that it rarely happens. Parents are interested. Using this to get Toby and the Hastings in the same room would be logical and great, they all want to help her, it's best that they work together to do that.
I think it makes her awesome aswell, she's got enough friends, she doesn't need anymore, she needs a mother.

One of the many things that are unrealistic sadly. I'd love to see like a light hearted family scene including Toby for a change. Something normal you know?
Old 02-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly!! Veronica's strict, and Spencer needs that. To a point, I feel like right now she's crying out for that. Veronica's never really had a problem with setting boundaries, and I feel like to an extent, the other parents have.

That would be really nice. Just a dinner or something. With Melissa, because seeing as they have both said they were protecting Spencer, I would like more on that.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Totally, Veronica needs to rock up and be like 'Girl put those smarties back down before I kick your ass'. But the parents on this show are worse than the kids I feel sometimes. I wish they had more of an influence on this show, I wish the writers used them all, it's a bit ridic imo.

Yes, they have said they're protecting but I'd like some actual proof of that on my screen!!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It bothers me that some of these parents have given their kids ammunition to use against them, and then seem surprised when they use it. And of course, my general response to their giving in is "Um, who is the parent here?" I've never had that with Veronica, I get the impression that even if Spencer did end up with something, she wouldn't be given the chance to use it.

I want proof for sure. I think we'll never get that with Toby though, it's been dropped because the writers themselves don't know what he did. I've always got that impression from Melissa, but I would like to see it, what's the point in it if we don't see it?

Leigh Tumblr