Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
But I still feel like Emily could easily end up going to California. There are a lot of ways for it to work out for them. Plus in one of Oliver's recent interviews he said that the girls futures have been mapped out basically since s1 but that there were some surprises for them that came along and that had me thinking about Paily (And even Spoby) only cause I don't think originally Paige was supposed to be anyone other than an antagonist for Emily but the chemistry between Shay and Lindsey just caused it to blossom into so much more. The fact that they continuously bring her back season after season makes me believe that even though they still get the short end of the stick 9 times out of 10, the writers do care about them as a couple and know that they are important
I think they could easily be together after the time jump as well. Emily could really still easily go with Paige or they could make the long distance work. I guess it all depends on if Emily gets into any schools or maybe she decides to take a year off after-all, which probably wouldn't hurt any of them considering how rough getting their diplomas is going to be. The long distance could work too though cause that's essentially what they were doing before Paige suddenly 'wanted space' so they could even go back to that and then when 6B starts Emily could move then or Paige could even move back to Rosewood if that's where Emily stays, but I seriously doubt that she will. I can't imagine any of the girls staying there. 6B is going to be interesting for sure to see where all the girls end up and how they bring 'A' back into everything.

Paily definitely wasn't planned. Paige was only supposed to be in three episodes and it's instead turned into five, well now six, years, which says so much about the chemistry between Shay and Lindsey. So I for sure am not surprised if Emily's future changed along the way because of their relationship. And like you said Spoby is probably the same way. Toby was supposed to die in the first season but they kept him because they liked Keegan so much. I'm not even sure if Haleb was planned. I think Ezria was the only one that has been planned from the start.

But for real, I do think that the writers care about Paily's relationship. If they didn't, why would they keep bringing Paige back? There's no excusing what happened in 5B, but there's still time for the writers to make it right and them bringing Paige back is the first step.

Quote:
And again...Shay chose Paige as being the perfect fit for Emily
She's a smart woman. I love how much love she's shown for Paige, Paily and Lindsey recently. It's been a small token in this miserable time.

Quote:
I just really want a decent explanation and I think having it be 'A's doing would be a great story because it's so easy to believe that Paige would do whatever she had to do to keep Emily safe. Plus seeing all the guys getting to help and protect the girls and all that it would be kind of nice knowing that Paige was doing the same thing even if from a distance.
I'm not expecting anything from this right now cause like I said, I'm trying to keep my guard up a little bit. But it's hard not to want an explanation for it all, especially one that actually fits the character and 'A' being involved would fit perfectly, IMO. And for real, it would be such a nice little notion for us to find out Paige was silently doing what she could to keep Emily safe.

I watched this episode last night and it's still one of my favorites. One of the last really good ones. And my favorite part about this scene was how easily they got back into a groove with one another, like they never even broke up. It was easy for them to just fall back into their way with each other. They always have had that and I don't think this time coming up will be any different.

Plus I also love how slightly judgmental Paige sounds when she's like "Snowy?" but then Emily explains it all and she just completely melts in that last gif. The look on her face, you can just so perfectly see how much she loves Emily. Ugh, I love it so much. These two could not be more perfect.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Did you guys see this?

Even the wording spells out good news for us!

Tags for the link:

Spoiler:
Old 03-29-2015, 05:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm thrilled Paige is coming back, but honestly, I'm not going to expect her until the end of the season (6A) or even going into 6B. I think they'll reconnect, but it's not going to be before prom (and we know that is coming towards the end of the 10 episodes).

So we're going to have to wait a bit longer and we may have to put up with some more random romances.

Hopefully it's all worth it in the end.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know. MK said she wouldn't be in the first few but I didn't take that as the first ten. Not that there's not a good chance that it won't be that way but I'd find it odd if they waited until after they time jump to bring her back. I'm hoping she's back for prom and all that but I'm putting to much into that. But I don't think it's completely impossible that she could be back before then. Also the thought of Emily going with someone else just makes me sad.

We're just going to have to wait and see though. I'm really glad though that a lot of these sites have been really putting out there the fact that Paige was the only love interest that was excluded in 5B. It's not just Paily fans that have noticed and felt it to be odd so hopefully the writers take that that into consideration.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know that MK's wording made it seem sooner rather than later, but I think she's being a bit, (to steal a JD word) coy about it. In my gut, based on the return of both Zoey, new girl (who, lets face it, she's going to be for Emily) and the Alison factor, I just feel like, time wise, Paige will be back later in the season (6A). Not necessarily the very last episode, but maybe 8 or 9.

In my mind that's good and bad. Bad because we have to wait longer to see her and possibly endure more pointless random relationship stuff. Good, because it points to a more long term return of paily if they go into the time jump together and possibly come out of it together as well.

Quote:
We're just going to have to wait and see though. I'm really glad though that a lot of these sites have been really putting out there the fact that Paige was the only love interest that was excluded in 5B. It's not just Paily fans that have noticed and felt it to be odd so hopefully the writers take that that into consideration.
I also like that people are asking. I'm just worried a lot of fans have their hopes up for an early return, and I think we should all be prepared for a longer wait to eliminate possible disappointment. At least from filming, we would know what episode she's in before it actually airs. It's not like we'd have to wait until August to know.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's hard to say really. I mean it really could go either way but I still feel like she'll be back latest by 605. Just because if they bring her back any later it's going to be harder to place her back into the story, depending on how they decide to go about that, but 608 would be too late, IMO. I suppose in a way it would be better if she came back later in terms of the time jump and everything, but I also feel like because she is coming back before it and they are going to take the time to do that, she'll be back afterwards too. Otherwise why would they bother really? They could just have Emily be single before the jump and after if that's what they want. But the good thing is we will know ahead of time when it is. Hopefully Shay or somebody will throw out a picture of Lindsey on set here soon.

I'm not fully convinced the new girl will be a love interest. She could just be a friend, someone like Sydney maybe? I'd much rather prefer that because these girls do not need anymore love drama. And with them bringing Paige back it doesn't make much sense to waste time with another LI. Why not just keep Talia around then for the time being?

I posted this in the spoiler thread and thought I'd leave the idea here as well.

Spoiler:
Old 04-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I know that MK's wording made it seem sooner rather than later, but I think she's being a bit, (to steal a JD word) coy about it. In my gut, based on the return of both Zoey, new girl (who, lets face it, she's going to be for Emily) and the Alison factor, I just feel like, time wise, Paige will be back later in the season (6A). Not necessarily the very last episode, but maybe 8 or 9.

In my mind that's good and bad. Bad because we have to wait longer to see her and possibly endure more pointless random relationship stuff. Good, because it points to a more long term return of paily if they go into the time jump together and possibly come out of it together as well.
It's hard to tell but I guess it could go either way really. I think she may be back in the middle opposed to the end though. Only because the last few episodes are probably going to mostly be focusing on the 'A' stuff along with prom/graduation stuff more so they would want to bring Paige back before all of that opposed to shoving it all into the last few. I think it might be better if she came back later but I also agree with jace that if she's coming back for the first half of the season it's more than likely she'll be back for the second as well.

Quote:
I'm not fully convinced the new girl will be a love interest. She could just be a friend, someone like Sydney maybe? I'd much rather prefer that because these girls do not need anymore love drama. And with them bringing Paige back it doesn't make much sense to waste time with another LI. Why not just keep Talia around then for the time being?
I would also really like it if Emily just got to have another friend like Sydney was in the beginning. I hate that the writers always have to have Emily dating a new girl, which is why I really liked Sydney. She was just somebody Emily could be around and be somewhat normal...even though she turned out to be a bit of a liar. I have to say I'm not fully 100% convinced that the new girl is or that she isn't a LI. Zoey isn't going to be anybody I'm sure. MK said something on twitter (after someone complained about the fact that Emily was getting another new LI) about how no one ever said Zoey was even gay. The only reason I think that the new girl is not going to be a love interest is because more than likely there's going to be stuff with Alison and they are bringing Paige back and it just seems stupid to do that. They could have introduced this girl before 5B ended and kept Paige gone if they wanted her to be with someone else. I'm really hoping this girl will just be a friend to all of the girls or some kind of mentor or something to help get over whatever happened in the dollhouse. I think people saw the 'tomboy' part of her character bio and are just running with it. Of course she could very well be a LI, but I seriously hope not. Talia was bad enough. Let Emily be until Paige finally comes back.

Quote:
I posted this in the spoiler thread and thought I'd leave the idea here as well.
I'm not sure this discussion needs to be kept as spoilers but just to be safe :

Spoiler:
Old 04-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think she may be back in the middle opposed to the end though. Only because the last few episodes are probably going to mostly be focusing on the 'A' stuff along with prom/graduation stuff more so they would want to bring Paige back before all of that opposed to shoving it all into the last few.
Yeah, I'm really thinking 605-606 will be the very latest she'll be back. They've got to be able to have time to establish her back into the story.

Quote:
I would also really like it if Emily just got to have another friend like Sydney was in the beginning. I hate that the writers always have to have Emily dating a new girl, which is why I really liked Sydney. I think people saw the 'tomboy' part of her character bio and are just running with it. Of course she could very well be a LI, but I seriously hope not. Talia was bad enough. Let Emily be until Paige finally comes back.
Same. I seriously HATE how they have every single girl that strolls into town be flirty and all over Emily. Not every girl that moves to that town is gay. It's ridiculous and it honestly in a strange way is kind of insulting how they do that as well. There's nothing wrong with being single. And I know plenty of tomboy girls that are not gay so that doesn't prove anything, IMO. I really hope the writers will just let her be alone until Paige comes back and I'm sure Shay feels the same way. She seemed really over the whole new girlfriend every episode thing these past few months.

Spoiler:
Old 04-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I'm really thinking 605-606 will be the very latest she'll be back. They've got to be able to have time to establish her back into the story.
That's what I'm thinking. She's gotta be back by 606 at least. Hopefully they don't hide the episode number from us.

Quote:
I seriously HATE how they have every single girl that strolls into town be flirty and all over Emily. Not every girl that moves to that town is gay. It's ridiculous and it honestly in a strange way is kind of insulting how they do that as well. There's nothing wrong with being single. And I know plenty of tomboy girls that are not gay so that doesn't prove anything, IMO. I really hope the writers will just let her be alone until Paige comes back and I'm sure Shay feels the same way. She seemed really over the whole new girlfriend every episode thing these past few months.
It bugs me too the way they have every girl in town be right on her right away. I sort of understood the Talia thing just cause it was obviously Emily was just trying to ignore the fact that she was missing Paige, but that of course didn't make it any easier. I'm really hoping they will just keep her single until Paige comes back. Focus on her future more instead of dead end relationships.

Spoiler:

I'm just really ready to see Emily be happy again. Like full on relaxed, at ease and just simply happy and we haven't seen that since the Christmas episode. I miss that a lot. And Paige. I miss them bad.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Focus on her future more instead of dead end relationships.
I seriously hope so. It's about time they spent more focus on that stuff rather than irrelevant and useless random people. Shay was wearing a Sharks outfit in some BTS photos for the first episode so hopefully that means they are going to start focusing on her future a bit more and when Paige comes back they can find a way to either be together in the same place or try and make it work long distance.

Quote:
I'm just really ready to see Emily be happy again. Like full on relaxed, at ease and just simply happy and we haven't seen that since the Christmas episode. I miss that a lot. And Paige. I miss them bad.
Ditto. Emily was such a shell of her self all throughout 5B. I don't think she really ever smiled one time. I think she was content, maybe, with the Talia thing just to have someone show her some attention, but she for sure wasn't full on happy like the way we've seen her with Paige. I can't think of any moment since they first started dating in s3 where Emily looked anywhere near as happy as she does when she's with Paige (Which I do think a big part of it is also because of the sweet relationship Shay and Lindsey have on their own. It's so easy to tell in their scenes how much they actually care about each other and it translates through the Paily relationship so much.) There's just something with the two of them that's not ever going to exist with anyone else. It can't be replaced.

They're just too perfect. And you can just see it so much that Emily (Shay) has a very distinct way of looking at Paige (Lindsey) that doesn't go towards anybody else.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Guuuuuuuuuys!!!!! My heart.

I miss them so much.

I have a feeling Zoey will play into Emily's post high school storyline. I hope so at least. The fact that Emily was literally the only one whose future wasn't discussed last season was super weird. Other than a throwaway line about looking at random colleges to be closer to Paige, which clearly became moot once Paige moved to outer space, she was adrift.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I miss them too. Like really freaking bad. This is the longest Paily drought theres been since between s1-s2. It really sucks. Like just give me back Paige's every few episodes at this point, ha. I just want her back and I am just hoping all this angst and confusion will be made worth it, which I do have some faith in that still.

I agree about Zoey. I'm betting she'll be in one or two episodes to help Emily with college stuff. Remember she did write that recommendation letter for her in s4 so maybe she comes back to help her further with that.

Quote:
Ditto. Emily was such a shell of her self all throughout 5B. I don't think she really ever smiled one time. I think she was content, maybe, with the Talia thing just to have someone show her some attention, but she for sure wasn't full on happy like the way we've seen her with Paige. I can't think of any moment since they first started dating in s3 where Emily looked anywhere near as happy as she does when she's with Paige (Which I do think a big part of it is also because of the sweet relationship Shay and Lindsey have on their own. It's so easy to tell in their scenes how much they actually care about each other and it translates through the Paily relationship so much.) There's just something with the two of them that's not ever going to exist with anyone else. It can't be replaced.
Ah, yes to all of this. I think the best thing about their relationship is how natural it comes across and I do think Shay and Lindsey's relationship plays a big part on that, especially Emily's side of it because Shay reacts really well off Lindsey opposed to other people she's had to be with. I feel like out of all of the couples Paily and Haleb have the most natural chemistry between the actors. Spoby was good in the first couple seasons but since s3 something just seems to be missing there and Ezria used to not bother me either way but since the book thing I'm just like...ehh when I see their older scenes because it was like all a lie and it's kind of sad.

But for real though, Paily is a one of a kind couple and can't be replaced. All that amazingness is all Shay and Lindsey.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's sad how much I miss them. I don't know how I allowed two fictional teenagers to invade my life so much, but I'm feeling it lately. I'm ready for Paige's return right now!

Quote:
I have a feeling Zoey will play into Emily's post high school storyline. I hope so at least. The fact that Emily was literally the only one whose future wasn't discussed last season was super weird.
I think that's what her purpose will be and I seriously hope so because they really didn't touch on anything with Emily and her future, which isn't all bad because it leaves the door extra open for Paige's return and an opportunity for them to still make their cross country road trip dream come true

I completely forgot about that recommendation letter! It was glowing and gushing so perhaps Emily can still be able to get a scholarship somewhere close to Paige.

These gifs are all I got right now. They're part of my daily mental survival at this point.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yup to the Zoe thing. Emily was so all over the place once Paige left in that spaceship that her future never got discussed. I wonder what's going to happen with the dancing money too & whether that will ever come back into play (if not really what was the point of Talia???)

I wonder if Em will just end up going off house building & learning about relief aid etc "on the job"? Not "with" with Zoe, but more Zoe as mentor. Em could really do with a steady guide at the moment.

My hopes & expectations for Paily are still pretty low. I just hope they treat Paige with at least a little bit of respect when she comes back & they give Emily her brain back. Surely not too much to ask??

As for the missing girl I wonder if that's how the new girl comes into the story?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't know how I allowed two fictional teenagers to invade my life so much
Haha, I think every single one of us has wondered this very same thing. What IS it exactly? I mean, beyond how adorable they are together. There is just something about this story that has burrowed into our hearts. Like I've probably said a few times now, I've never, ever felt so strongly about a fictional pairing before. I mean, sure, I've liked other couples, but these 2....sheesh, it's a whole other level. An emotionally distressing kind of level lol

What was it Lijah said, that Paily has an emotional, hard-won kind of love? Feels like that from this side as well. Emotional and hard...well..I'm not sure if won is the right word to really use for us. Hard something.....hard everything lol.

I see people flailing over new couples and moving on to new shows and I just...I don't know. Nothing comes close to affecting me in the same way. Show wise, yes, of course...but couples? I feel numb to it all. I clearly only have room in my sad little heart for 1 ship.

Paily til the end my friends. Paily til the end.