Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

TIMELESS {Anchor ღ Captain} #60: "Paige? Amazing. She's been with Emily through thick and thin." ~ Shay

thread no. 60

{ t e a m m a t e s . r i v a l s . f r i e n d s . l o v e r s . d e s t i n e d }
A N D . I F . I . L O S E . M Y S E L F . T O N I G H T , . I T ' L L . B E . B Y . Y O U R . S I D E

Once upon a time, there were two girls from two not so very different worlds. The first, Emily Fields, was the star and anchor of Rosewood's swim team. Openly gay and beautiful, everything seemed like it was so easy for her. The other girl, Paige McCullers, was the swim team's captain. Insecure, uncertain, and deeply closeted, Paige wanted nothing more than to just be normal. Despite being teammates, their worlds never converged ... until fate intervened and brought them together. Paige envied Emily's seemingly perfect life, while Emily was certain that Paige had things much easier than her. Their competitive natures drew them together and pushed them apart, but everything changed when one day, Paige kissed Emily ...

• • •

This is a story of girl meets girl. This is a story about how two girls found each other, time and time again, even when it seemed as if the whole world was against them. This is a story about how a girl, Paige McCullers, thought that she never even stood a chance with the girl of her dreams. This is a story about how a broken-hearted girl, Emily Fields, found love and happiness with the person she least expected. When at last they are able to finally open up to each other, they realize just how alike they really are -- and how much they need each other. Paige is the kind of person that Emily knew she would always fall in love with. Emily is the one person on earth who could give Paige the strength to be brave. Through the constant struggles, they have always found each other in the end. And their story is still being told ...

• • •

#5 | 1.19 -- A Person of Interest

Emily: I guess I like --
Paige: Ballsy women.

#4 | 1.16 -- Je Suis une Amie

Paige: You have every reason to hate me. I don't even know why I'm
here ... I'm sorry, Emily. I just wanted you to know that.

#3 | 1.17 -- The New Normal

Emily: I spend most of life trying not to feel the way I feel. I come out, and they
ship my first girlfriend off to God knows where. And now maybe she's done with
me. So yeah, it's all about Emily. All Em, all the time.
Paige: [grabs her and kisses her] Don't tell.

#2 | 1.19 -- A Person of Interest

Have you ever wished for an endless night?
Lassoed the moon and the stars and pulled that rope tight?
Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself,
Will it ever get better than tonight?

#1 | 1.20 -- A Person of Interest

Emily: When I was trying to talk myself into being interested in guys, I would look
for guys like you.
Paige: Like me how?
Emily: The kind that would pull me up on stage and get me to sing. Because I would
never do that on my own.

#5 | 2.21 -- Breaking the Code

Paige: I'm gonna walk around town later, try to get some store owners to buy ads for
the program. Wanna come?
Emily: I'm not really good at asking people for money.
Paige: Please, you're the star of the team. Who could possibly turn you down?

#4 | 2.21 -- Breaking the Code

Paige: Are you okay?
Emily: Yeah, I'm fine.
Paige: No, you're not. What's wrong? Em, talk to me.

#3 | 2.25 -- unmAsked

No, I don't want to say goodnight
I know it's time to leave,
But you'll be in my dreams tonight

#2 | 2.21 -- Breaking the Code

Paige: You handled coming out so well, it just seemed possible for me to do it too.
Emily: I don't know about that.
Paige: I do. I've watched you ...
Emily: Thanks. I'm really glad you were able to talk to your parents.
Paige: Me too. I just wish I'd done it sooner.

#1 | 2.25 - unmAsked

Emily: Just forget about last night.
Paige: That's the thing: I don't want to forget. We have a connection. You can't deny that.
Emily: We did, but --
Paige: I know. I screwed it up.
Emily: You weren't ready, and that's okay.
Paige: I wish I had fought harder for you.
Emily: I'm sorry, Paige.
Paige: I didn't tell you so you'd be sorry. I just want to be honest. And I care about you, so
I'll be here for you. For whatever you need.

#5 | 3.15 -- Mona-Mania!

Paige: Em, I don't blame you. I just wonder how you can do it. You chased somebody
through the woods tonight. You refuse to be scared even after everything that's happened.
Emily: No, I still get scared. Mostly I get angry. I don't deserve to live like this.
Neither do you.

#4 | 3.10 -- What Lies Beneath

Emily: How about now?
Paige: Little bit.
Emily: And now?
Paige: Getting there.

#3 | 3.12 -- The Lady Killer

Emily: If I tell you something, promise me it doesn't leave this room.
Paige: Emily, you can trust me with your life.
Emily: If you tell anybody, it isn't safe.
Paige: There's nothing I wouldn't do to protect you.

#2 | 3.20 -- Hot Water

Emily: Now it's your turn: Shana?
Paige: Em ...
Emily: No, we can't be half-honest.
Paige: We dated. For three weeks, while you were in Haiti.
Emily: If it was over, why lie about it?
Paige: Because I didn't want to hurt you. Emily, believe me. It's over. She was a
substitute at a time with I never thought I'd get the real thing.

#1 | 3.08 - Stolen Kisses

Emily: I want you to listen. I haven't been with anyone since Maya. I haven't even
thought about it. Or at least, I didn't think I was thinking about it. I was drunk
that night, and I got lost. Only, I didn't really get lost. I was looking for something.
I was looking for somebody. And I came here.

#5 | 4.04 -- "Face Time"

Emily: He said that I need surgery --
Paige: He said you might need surgery.
Emily: And that the outcome is unpredictable.
Paige: So? Unpredictable can be good. Look at us.
Emily: All these terrible things in my life right now. Why do I feel so lucky?

#4 | 4.12 -- "Now You See Me, Now You Don't"

Nick McCullers: Door!
Paige: Sorry.
Emily: Don't be. Your parents would have the same rule if I were a guy.
Paige: If you were a guy, you wouldn't be here.

#3 | 4.11 -- "Bring the Hoe Down"

I finally asked you to dance on the last slow song
And beneath the moon that was really a disco ball
I can still feel my head on your shoulder
Hoping that song would never be over

#2 | 4.02 -- "Turn of the Shoe"

Paige: A? Emily, why would you keep this from me?
Emily: Because I don't want to live in that space anymore. And I don't want you
to live their either. I wanna live in that room on your computer. And I wanna
be with you -- only you.

#1 | 4.01 -- "'A' is for 'A-l-i-v-e'"

Paige: Don't you want to live somewhere where you don't have to be afraid of the
dark? And I don't have to be afraid for you?
Emily: Yes.
Paige: Yes?
Emily: I wanna go. I want to be with you.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

“I think sometimes you have, you know, a natural reaction with somebody, and you just have like that chemistry that's already there, even without acting; I love Lindsey so much as a person, she's so wonderful and such a great friend -- and I think that's kinda what just shows onscreen as well.”
~ Shay Mitchell

“I am so in awe of how gorgeous Shay is on the outside, and how truthful and good and pure she is on the inside. It was something I wasn't expecting, and it was the most wonderful surprise in the world.”
~ Lindsey Shaw

“I love Lindsey Shaw more than anything ... When she came in and tapped me on the shoulder, I loved that scene. Lindsey was super hot that day.”
~ Shay Mitchell

“They called me back for a chemistry read with Shay Mitchell and it was amazing. Sometimes chemistry reads can be -- I don't know, just not as good as you want them to be. But it was so much fun with Shay.”
~ Lindsey Shaw

“I love scenes with Lindsey.”
~ Shay Mitchell

“Shay and I are the biggest Paily shippers of all time. It’s so easy, the dynamic between us now. I feel like we see each other as human beings, and I feel like we’re sort of on the same vibrational path. I couldn’t have more respect for her if I tried. She reminds me all the time of what it’s like to be a good person, and that always translates to what we do on screen.”
~ Lindsey Shaw

and if it all goes c r a s h i n g into the sea
if it's just you and me trying to find the light

volume 1volume 2
the EPic soundtracks

On an almost daily basis, Emily and Paige were driven to distraction by the proximity of another girl. And without understanding why, each knew they could never say anything about it to anybody ... In the Rosewood of 1964, Paige McCullers tries to understand her crush on her beautiful teammate, Emily Fields, and her fantasy about a forbidden romance.

The Yellow Sweater by Joseph Dougherty (writer/producer)

Standing in that motel room, Emily and Paige were close to something remarkable, something beyond their expectations ... In the sequel to "The Yellow Sweater", the star swimmers of Rosewood High both feel the stirring of a forbidden attraction, but it's Alison who sets the stage for one incredibly memorable night that will change everything forever.

The Persistence of Phosphors by Joseph Dougherty (writer/producer)

The Earth might have been uninhabited, except for the two girls on the porch holding hands ... In the continuing series of 1964 Rosewood, Paige and Emily have fallen in love. But they struggle with their secret and the looming presence of Alison, who seeks to exploit it.

The Week It Rained by Joseph Dougherty (writer/producer)

And they did not stop. Ever ... In the final conclusion to the series, Emily and Paige find themselves falling even more in love and moving forward with their lives, together.

Some Other Things That Happened by Joseph Dougherty (writer/producer)

“I feel she’s having a lot more fun hanging with Paige ... She definitely brings out a different side in Emily.”
~ Shay Mitchell

“We were playing something very intimate ... You're going to feel how deep the emotion is and how much they grow to care for each other.”
~ Lindsey Shaw

“I think Paige is so important, especially with Emily and everything that she’s going through. Yes, she has her mom and yes, she has her group of friends. But she also needs that other person to be that ear she talks to, you know? Paige is there for Emily.”
~ Shay Mitchell

“They have these shared experiences, and obviously so much desire, and now that Paige is whole, Emily has something to hold onto. Emily extended real compassion and Paige chose to trust in that compassion.”
~ Lindsey Shaw

“Emily and Paige are close to my heart ... I'm always happy when I get the chance to write Emily and Paige ... If I get into heaven, it might be because of writing about these two characters.”
~ Joseph Dougherty
(writer/producer)

“Emily and Paige equals sweet. Two friends who helped each other through rough times ... For me, those two have chemistry ... I think if people give Paige a chance, they'll see there's a spark between these two ... Paige has such a deep love for Emily and Emily has a very deep love for Paige.”
~ Marlene King (creator/writer/producer)

“Sometimes I forget just how far Paige has come since season one ... I love [the kiss in 401] so much. I teared up when we were shooting it.”
~ Kyle Brown (producer assistant)

“I'm a huge Paige fan. I feel like, just based on how I've seen Shay as an actress have chemistry with someone else, with Lindsey, I feel like they mesh better together. But as characters on the show, Emily and Paige, I just feel it's a more interesting storyline.”
~ Lucy Hale (Aria)

“I love Paige and Emily together.”
~ Ashley Benson (Hanna)

“Emily has never wanted anything the way she wants Paige. And Paige has never fought for anything the way she’s fought for Emily.”
~ AfterEllen

“Impediment after impediment, but always in a way where there's hope ... knowing they will be together forever.”
~ Television Without Pity

s h i p p e r s ;

01. mccullers
02. Kiss of Death
03. Emily_Jawbreaker
04. beth bluth
05. Andra
06. zazie87
07. Strawberries-
08. ShineSoBright23
09. DUHsoTK
10. Kvaker
11. BlackHalo
12. BearDogg-X
13. Zefiro
14. Linder
15. Anneris
16. simplicity08
17. Assey
18. LiVenLoVe902
19. iLoveChair
20. PurplexMoon
21. AmericanDirrty
22. Chrissalaugha
23. buffysmgfan26
24. Appleish
25. *Lethe's Bramble*
26. Youmademeseeit
27. Catatonic
28. prettylittlesoul
29. Unsure
30. marins
31. coric88
32. mytubablows
33. xlennie
34. paramuse
35. Stay to the Lights
36. theaugustrain
37. SeriesFan
38. hot_vanilla
39. arakha
40. murphyboy11
41. MisterSir
42. Srta_Parker
43. b.g.
44. aguadosor
45. carol14
46. Paige Shaw
47. Halogoodbi
48. Guinevereღ
49. ShortyK125
50. MaxiLuca518
51. MaybeSomeday
52. chairdelenaradrian
53. Clarissa Fray
54. chordstruck
55. endless forms
56. SRBleyton4ever
57. littlefishie
58. sanchy
59. BlondieLeigh
60. lulu-144
61. Counting_Clowns
62. AlwaysCB
63. kiwimimi0101
64. amandamahoney123
65. aguadosor
66. free to fly
67. kayleer90
68. JessieLiar
69. bebrave
70. stilestilinski
71. LucyGu
72. *Stephie*
73. kobe/hil/LP fan
74. rummagingforanswers
75. backstreetboysfan
76. Daisykd
77. {Melody}
78. BassIsAlpha
79. Creativity
80. baelfire24
81. bwm30
82. helpmenow
83. Mich1111
84. BurnedOutStarsShine
85. MarvelDCFanatic
86. qweenkatie
87. GRITS83
88. Thunderstorm
89. Samanthamckenny
90. *Paily*
91. Sixonxnavade
92. Ma5rina
93. Clarice83
94. Sunnyolaf
95. bwm30
96. -Blackburn-
97. *Lethe's Bramble*
98. bandcandy
99. Broony
100. Dark5ky
101. JustAFriend
102. egbert13
103. ♕Misha's Minion♕
104. MrღMrsStinsbatskys
105. LxieGrey
106. TinyTini
107. sourburst

v i d e o s ;

feel so heavy, feel so low
how to tame a lion
fix you
quiet
consequence
i wish you were here
you're fearless
i don't know where i go
the whole world is going to change
and i don't want the world to see me
please don't leave me
missing your love
never let me go
be your everything
what's a soulmate?
kiss me
more . . .

f u t u r e ;

"I really care about you. So I'll be here for you. For whatever you need."
"What you really need is someone you can count on."
"I love working with Lindsey. We're like best friends." ~ Shay Mitchell
"I like how Emily and Paige have the relationship of mistiming." ~ Lindsey Shaw
"I just so enjoy PLL in large part because of Shay." ~ Lindsey Shaw
"The connection was kind of instantaneous between the two of us." ~ Lindsey Shaw
"Shay and I probably see life in a lot of the same ways." ~ Lindsey Shaw
"I'm so grateful this thing happened with Shay." ~ LS
"I'm looking at Shay when we're shooting and realizing how wonderful this story is." ~ LS
"Emily extended real compassion and Paige chose to trust in that compassion." ~ LS
"I love Emily and Paige's relationship." ~ Shay Mitchell
"I really do like their relationship." ~ SM
"I feel like Paige has genuinely always been there for Emily." ~ SM
"I do love their relationship and I think it's very special." ~ Shay Mitchell
"I love working with Lindsey Shaw" ~ Shay Mitchell
"I have so much love for Shay Mitchell." ~ Lindsey Shaw
"If I get into heaven, it might be for writing about these two." ~ JD
"The Paily thing has been very unexpected on all levels, but very satisfying." ~ JD
"Ever since I wrote the first kiss, it’s always been exciting and unexpected between those two." ~JD
"The actors are so exciting. It’s such a pleasure to write those characters for them." ~ JD
"Shay and Lindsey; they can play those scenes so well. They bring so much depth to them." ~ JD
"I think a lot of the Paily fans are going to be very satisfied." ~ JD
"I want to continue what I started in The Yellow Sweater." ~ Joseph Dougherty

p a s t ;

01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40
41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50
51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60
61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70

+

Last edited by t2727; 06-12-2015 at 07:35 AM
Old 02-24-2015, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

*walks in*
*sees OP*
*sits down and cries forever*

TFTNT

Old 02-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Tftnt!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 02-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Tftnt!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Soooo...is Talia really not gone gone yet? Like for real? Are they going to make her a regular now or what?

Ugh, it's so frustrating. Every single thing just makes me go "Paige. That should be Paige. WHY IS THAT NOT PAIGE?!"
Old 02-25-2015, 07:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

I haven't seen the episode but have been given the coles notes version of what went on. I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm at a loss to understand why any of this is happening or why this was considered a good story for Emily. I have not read a single comment from anyone who is enjoying this Talia storyline (from Paige and non Paige fans). It's dragging Emily down and is a huge waste of time.

That being said, she's totally gone now. She packed up her things and got a job somewhere else.

jace, I just wanted to bring this over from the old thread in case anyone missed it. I'd hate to think you wrote all this out for it to go missed.

Quote:
I really like the Shay one. She's been quite the captain of this ship lately.

I'm with you, jjay. I think it's more likely to have just been a bad drama move on the writer's part. Paige is always excluded from the B seasons it seems. Usually not in this way but I think in the end it that's what it came down to. Just simply bad drama plots to kill some time. I think Talia was nothing but a time filler. If she had any purpose at all it was to give Emily the idea to be single for awhile and to know that she doesn't need to cling to the first person she sees. She can't settle for something temporary to simply kill time and I think in the end this could all come back and just make Paily stronger and even more committed to making their relationship work.

MK just simply confuses me. She seems to really over pander to the Emison fans online, even more than the straight ships, and to me it just seems like she's just saying what they want to hear. But in interviews she seems to almost make fun of the fact that people still want them together. I've never seen her say too much about Paily, that's more a JD thing it seems, but when she does say things she is always honest. She didn't lie about anything about what was going to happen in the xmas episode. It ended up being worse than I expected but she did say some things were going to be shaking them up.

To me it's still seems clear that Paige could have easily been forgotten about after 5x14. She was gone, moved away and broken up from Emily. They never had to mention her name again. But the fact that they showed how broken up Emily was about the whole thing and the fact that right away MK was like 'Yes, absoutely' to the question of her returning...I feel like that's a pretty good indication right there. Yes, we still have to wait a while to see them again, we have to be stuck in these sad thoughts and doubts, but there is still hope for them. Like jjay said, JD leaving their goodbye open ended like that was done for a reason and he said it himself. If they seriously had the intention of never bringing her back or the network wanted her gone then they wouldn't have done that. They would have made it a much more concrete goodbye. But they didn't. JD did that to make it easy for Paige to come back and isn't that what we we're all thinking when we first saw it? That whole scene was like JD speaking to the Paily fans, ha. 'It's not fair. But right now this is what is supposed to happen'

Paily has been through much worse than this. They got through Paige's fear of coming out, through Nate, and most of all through the pain of their mutual momentary mistrust and the pain that Alison's return caused (which was my biggest fear for them). But they got through it all. All of it and so many other things as well. This is nothing for them. And see all of that is what drew me into them so quickly and deeply, just that natural feel between them of being able to get through it all and come out even better afterwards. They just feel so real to me, in a really scary kind of way, but also in a good way because it's nice to be able to connect to characters like that. But of course that just makes all of this that much harder to deal with. But it's not over yet. This can be dealt with just as easily as the other problems they've gotten through. It might take a little time, but it's not impossible at all.
I mean, the good thing is that this isn't anything that can't be fixed by simply bringing Paige back. The only reason they aren't together is literally because Paige isn't around....which makes all this Talia stuff so infuriating.

Last edited by JustAFriend; 02-25-2015 at 07:41 AM
Old 02-25-2015, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT

i love this quote!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

SIXTY THREADS
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 02-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

The title and the beautiful OP

Quote:
If they seriously had the intention of never bringing her back or the network wanted her gone then they wouldn't have done that. They would have made it a much more concrete goodbye. But they didn't.
that's a valid point.
The main reason i feel like it was network intervention is because it suddenly came out of nowhere. idk. i guess we'll never truly know.

And about everything else....Just:

Old 02-25-2015, 11:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
If they seriously had the intention of never bringing her back or the network wanted her gone then they wouldn't have done that. They would have made it a much more concrete goodbye. But they didn't.
Very good point. As awful, I mean seriously awful as it is, I do think this was all just a drama thing. They moved Paige away to cause conflict for Emily and Talia was what they came up with to fill her story, and now she's going to be gone (hopefully) in just the right amount of time to put more focus on the mystery as the season wraps up. I'd be willing to bet that they always had the intention of bringing her back but may have been stuck on whether it to be late s5 or early s6.

Plus Bryan tweeted something last night that basically confirmed the fact that they do this to all the girls because anything else would be boring. Someone was upset about Aria and Andrew and he responded back something like 'Well what is she supposed to do, just sit in her room?' or something along those lines. That right there proves the fact that they only do this because they can't come up with any better. It's the easiest way for them to kill time and give no answers.

The girls being single while having troubles with their main LI wouldn't be a bad thing at all. In fact it would probably be the smartest thing for them and the most realistic. God, it's exhausting watching them float from person to person like it's nothing.

Quote:
To me it's still seems clear that Paige could have easily been forgotten about after 5x14. She was gone, moved away and broken up from Emily. They never had to mention her name again. But the fact that they showed how broken up Emily was about the whole thing and the fact that right away MK was like 'Yes, absoutely' to the question of her returning...I feel like that's a pretty good indication right there.
Totally agree. If Paige really isn't all that important to the writers then they wouldn't be bringing her back. Plain and simple. There would be NO need for her to be around if she's not going to end up with Emily and that goes for the boys as well. None of them have any meaning if they're not dating the girls, which is one good thing about this show. Even if the guys are getting story lines they typically stay within the realm of the show...except for Ezra buying the brew cause I still don't get that. But for real, MK couldn't have been quicker to say that Paige is coming back. She said it before JD did! There's a reason for that. MK can sweet talk Emison fans all day long for all I care cause the only that matters in the end is what we actually see on the screen.

Quote:
I mean, the good thing is that this isn't anything that can't be fixed by simply bringing Paige back. The only reason they aren't together is literally because Paige isn't around
Yup! Truth is I was much more concerned about coming into s5 than I am going into s6. They took them to a rough place when they broke up and I wasn't sure how they were going to work it out. But they did. And for real the ONLY reason they're not together is because Paige isn't there. If she was there they would be completely fine, which is why the writers made her move. The only thing I'm still wondering is if her parents moved also? In 5x13 Paige said her parents wanted her 'To come to California' like they were already there. But then in 5x14 she says her parents will take her to the airport, suggesting they are still in Rosewood. So unless they were visiting family for the holidays or something I'm still confused on that. Did Paige go by herself or were her parents going too?

Cause if they are still in Rosewood then that would make it even easier for her to come back. But if not then where would she stay? They could always move her in with Caleb, I suppose. Or perhaps Emily will offer her a room...? Yeah, I like that idea better.

Last edited by jjay10627; 02-25-2015 at 11:19 PM
Old 02-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for bringing that post over JustAFriend!

Quote:
now she's going to be gone (hopefully) in just the right amount of time to put more focus on the mystery as the season wraps up.
That is awfully convenient isn't it? I as well believe she was pure filler. Although if Emily actually does get some funds for a California located college then I may be inclined to be a tad bit more accepting of it. But not much.

Quote:
The girls being single while having troubles with their main LI wouldn't be a bad thing at all. In fact it would probably be the smartest thing for them and the most realistic. God, it's exhausting watching them float from person to person like it's nothing.
Seriously. I mean you would think these girls would be like, 'No, I have enough drama in my life.' But on the other hand I suppose having a relationship is one way to have some bit of normalcy in their lives? Problem is they always seem to find the shadiest of people to have their flings with. I'm hoping so much that next season brings an end to all the couple crap. Let the four ships just finally rest and move on with the mystery, you know...the actual reason for the show.

Quote:
I mean, the good thing is that this isn't anything that can't be fixed by simply bringing Paige back. The only reason they aren't together is literally because Paige isn't around
Which is exactly why they sent her away, IMO. If they hadn't then Paily would have been perfectly fine, which considering everything that happened between 4B-5A it really would have been nice to have. But not in the writers minds. That's just boring. All the other stuff is great though, yep, not boring at all. It was just so thrilling meeting Talia's husband and watching Spencer spray paint. Highlights of the entire show right there.

Quote:
The only thing I'm still wondering is if her parents moved also? In 5x13 Paige said her parents wanted her 'To come to California' like they were already there. But then in 5x14 she says her parents will take her to the airport, suggesting they are still in Rosewood. So unless they were visiting family for the holidays or something I'm still confused on that. Did Paige go by herself or were her parents going too? Cause if they are still in Rosewood then that would make it even easier for her to come back. But if not then where would she stay? They could always move her in with Caleb, I suppose. Or perhaps Emily will offer her a room...? Yeah, I like that idea better
I really wish we would have gotten a better explanation on all of that. They really just left us in an information limbo. If I had to guess I would think her parents went with her? I mean if they're really so worried about her safety then I can't imagine them just sending her off to another state on her own. Unless she does have family there and that's where she's staying. But yeah, I think we should have gotten way more info on that stuff. I don't know why but I like the idea of her living with Caleb. I like the little friendship we got to see between them, even if it was only for two seconds. Another wasted opportunity. But I like the idea of her staying with Em better. Much better. Perhaps she could stay at her Aunt's lake house? That's a situation that will interesting to find out about.

Does anyone think it's possible that Paige would give up Stanford for another school? Considering that she did get in there, perhaps she got into other schools that are just as good and maybe closer to Rosewood?

I have a question. I know that the show is based off a book series but I've never read it. But I was just curious, was Emison an actual couple in the stories? Like full on like Paily or was it like it's depicted in the show with just random kisses? I'm just wondering because the fans of them seem so aggravated that they aren't together, but I just find it hard to imagine them being a real couple like the others. But if it's a part of the books I suppose I could understand a little.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleer90 (View Post)
The main reason i feel like it was network intervention is because it suddenly came out of nowhere. idk. i guess we'll never truly know.

And about everything else....Just:

Haha...superb gif use. I am hoping that somewhere down the line, maybe once the show is over, the truth will come out. Someone needs to hunt down JD, buy him a few cocktails and see what what they can get out of him.

jjay, those paily comfort gifs are killing me. I've gone from, "yes, lets look at all the happy moments again!" to "I can't, it hurts!!"

Personally, I viewed the "come to California" line as just a slip up in the writing. Why wouldn't Paige be with her parents over Christmas? Didn't make sense (I know, logic). I think Paige's folks are still in Rosewood.

Jace, I don't think Paige would give up Stanford, and she would be an idiot to do so. Unless she hated it and realised it wasn't what she wanted, but she was super excited about getting into that school, on a full scholarship and as far away from Rosewood as she could get. It was her dream, and the only thing missing from it right now is Emily.

Quote:
I have a question. I know that the show is based off a book series but I've never read it. But I was just curious, was Emison an actual couple in the stories? Like full on like Paily or was it like it's depicted in the show with just random kisses? I'm just wondering because the fans of them seem so aggravated that they aren't together, but I just find it hard to imagine them being a real couple like the others. But if it's a part of the books I suppose I could understand a little.
No. They were never a couple and they never dated. Alison only ever kissed Emily to manipulate her. Courtney, who was the one Emily thought was Alison and really loved, was amused by Emily's feelings for her, but there was never anything beyond Courtney liking the attention from Emily and calling Emily her favourite.

ETA: Don't even get me started on that stuff Bryan says about the Liars sitting around their rooms if not in relationships. I actually find it insulting on a multitude of levels.

Last edited by JustAFriend; 02-27-2015 at 09:18 AM Reason: more to say.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think Paige's folks are still in Rosewood.
I kind of have the same feeling, but also think it's just as possible they aren't. But I hope they are cause that would make it much easier to bring Paige back as well.

Quote:
Jace, I don't think Paige would give up Stanford, and she would be an idiot to do so. Unless she hated it and realised it wasn't what she wanted, but she was super excited about getting into that school, on a full scholarship and as far away from Rosewood as she could get. It was her dream, and the only thing missing from it right now is Emily.
I don't think it would be smart for her to give it up either and I don't think Emily would want her to either. What brought the whole idea up for me was after I watched some s4 scenes, (you know the happy ones?) and one of them was 401. And I love that scene. Its one of my all time favorites of them. But what stuck out to me was Paige's speech to Emily about them going together. Like she already had the whole thing mapped out before she even told Emily about the possibility of her even going to the school and knowing how badly they both want out of Rosewood, especially Emily, I just wondered if that was perhaps one of the main reason why Paige wanted to go? Just to be able to give Emily that out, you know? And then in 4x04 Paige tells Emily, "We can find another dream." Like if Stanford wasn't going to work for both of them then it wouldn't for either of them. Of course then when 4x09 and later episodes come into play the theory kind of goes out the window. It just stuck out to me. I know it's a bit of a crazy theory but it was just something that came into my mind. I don't think it's totally implausible that Paige would want to go to another school as long as it was just as good and if it's closer to Emily. But who knows? I would prefer Emily go with Paige to California and get as far away from Rosewood as possible, which seems to be the more likely ending.

Quote:
No. They were never a couple and they never dated. Alison only ever kissed Emily to manipulate her. Courtney, who was the one Emily thought was Alison and really loved, was amused by Emily's feelings for her, but there was never anything beyond Courtney liking the attention from Emily and calling Emily her favourite.
Thanks for answering! I know some of the things from the books just from reading around, like who 'A' is and all that, but I wasn't sure of the Emison thing. I just wondered because some fans seem to come across as...entitled? I don't know if that's the right word, but some of the things they post just had me wondering if their book romance was something entirely different than the show was portraying. But from what you've said it doesn't seem anything like that at all, which only confuses me more as to why they feel like their owed so much and why it would be all that different in the show? Not trying to be rude here, but wow. Some of the stuff I've read is a bit out there. But to each their own I suppose.

Quote:
Don't even get me started on that stuff Bryan says about the Liars sitting around their rooms if not in relationships. I actually find it insulting on a multitude of levels.
It seriously is insulting. Not to mention it gives the worse message out to so many of these young girls that watch the show. Relationships do not rule the world and constantly being in and out of them is not something you want to create a habit out of. I seriously hope they just leave the couples alone next year. But I think that will depend on the number of episodes in each season. I can't take much more of these irrelevant characters coming in and out of the story every 5 seconds.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

No, no, jace, "entitled" is exactly the right word. But it's best to stay away from the dark-side, nothing they say makes much sense. They don't seem to be able to interpret character properly (see: Emily) or understand the significance of certain scenes or events that happen. I wonder if they watch a completely different show sometimes. If it weren't for MK's seemingly constant pandering to them on Twitter (although, as someone said, she does rather contradict those comments in interviews) then there is very little evidence that would make a relationship between Em & Alison possible from what we've actually seen on-screen. Idgi.

As for Paige's parents, who the **** knows where they are. & it's even more insulting tbh - they couldn't even be bothered to clarify it. Where the hell is Paige living? What's she doing there? She can't just rock up to College in the middle of semester can she? (Or do US schools allow that?). Is it at all feasible that her parents would be able to up sticks & move on a whim? What about jobs? Houses? Jeez. (The more I think about it the more angry I get!!). I guess they're still living in Rosewood (but they're so worried for Paige's safety they've just packed her off to live with a random?) It's so ****ing lazy. At least when Caleb left we knew he was visiting his mom/moving to a ghost town. Paige just boards a ****ing plane.

I agree with you too, jace, I don't think she'd give up Stanford without a fight, but I think she (would have - before her personality transplant) would give it up for a dream of her & Emily. Now? Who the **** knows? According to the writers she probably doesn't even remember Em's name.

The more you/I think about it, the more ill-thought-out, rushed & insulting it becomes (apart from the actual airport scene). I'm leaning more & more towards the writers wanted to use their fall-back create drama through messing up the couples. From Bryan's (ridiculous, insulting) tweet they can obviously think of nothing else. Em & Paige had only just had a break been messed up so it would have been hard to break them again with Paige still being around - they've just shown us that not even the return of Ali was going to break them apart for good, so the only way is to get Paige out of town. (It still makes zero sense, but I keep trying!) (JAF do start on Bryan's tweet, please! It really deserves it.)

Why they wanted to introduce Talia I don't know. It's like we're supposed to care about her relationship/marriage break-up - but no one does because by now the audience is jaded & knows she's an irrelevant time-filler, she's added nothing to Emily's growth or development that we didn't already know & has, in fact, lessened her character to someone who seems desperate & unable to be alone & someone who would be happy in a secret relationship. It's done a lot of damage to her I think & it's such a shame. It's undermined her growth that was so vitally demonstrated just 8 or 9 episodes ago. & for me, it's undermined her relationship with Paige too. Unless it is all a really ****ing cunning plan to show Em losing her mind when Paige isn't around (hello Emison?) & then she regains it when Paige returns.

I DON'T KNOW & THIS SHOW IS MAKING ME ****ING CRAZY.

I apologise for my swearing (again).