Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

and then MK gives us hope. We wanted her to say something...and now I don't know how to feel. I was firmly planted in a state of depressed resignation.

How am I supposed to move on and deal with this when she says we should always have hope? And teases about Prom?

Uhg. UHG.

They love each other so much and I love them so much and this just hurts so much and I don't want to have feelings anymore.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Goddamnit. Really, MK? Like I'm glad she finally took the time to recognize Paily fans but now my heart hurts even more. They could have had prom! I don't want hope for it, I want it and I want to know that we are getting it the way the other couples do!

Ugh, it's just so heartbreaking because they just so obviously love each other so damn much and they are just totally being robbed of their relationship now. Like I still just want to know so bad why this has to happen now and not at the end of senior year. I just need to know what their reason was besides conjuring up drama. And now I'm confused again because Paige said her parents would drive her to the airport...I thought they were already in California? Or is Paige going alone? Like I'm just so lost.

And **** that song. Of course people posted pictures with the lyrics on it. Like really? Make it that much more depressing for us. It's so beautiful but so heartbreaking all the same.

But I will say, and this is kind of funny, but that scene kind of made me feel better in an odd way. Like I am just not convinced we will not see Paige again. And this was before MK said anything either. I just get the feeling they know they won't be together but that doesn't mean they're over for good. I can't see Emily just moving on with some random chick now. I think it's just too clear how much she loves Paige and how much she does want to be with her . Plus it seems like they are leaving it in a way to bring her back next season. It's going to feel like forever to us but in the shows time it will probably be just a few weeks or 1-2 months since they have to leave time for prom and graduation still.

And even if they don't bring her back before the time jump, Paige was away for a lot longer before and they managed to make their way back to one another. It's going to suck for us but there is still a lot of ways they can work this out. There are tons of colleges in California near Standford and I can't believe that Emily wouldn't try to get in somewhere near Paige if there's a chance it can happen. We just have to wait and hold out hope for as long as we can. Doesn't mean we have to watch every episode or anything but we can't just give up on these two either. They're story just can't be over, maybe I'm wrong but it's just the feeling I have right now.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

that paily sneak peek and that song made me depressed all over again

MK replying to that one tweet (about prom) is kinda my fault because I saw the tweet in my timeline and decided to tag her in it not even expecting her to see it or even reply to it.

Only MK knows if she's going to even bring paige back down the road but if she knows she isn't then honestly, she should've just keep her trap shut and not give the paily fandom false hope

i'm not sticking around to find out if they ever do bring lindsey back. Someone will have to message me and let me know
I will always love and ship Paily and i'll help keep them alive because they're special to me but i'm not going to let the writers drag me along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)

PLL can take my support and shove it, frankly.
basically.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

**over-emotional double post **

Last edited by Peppermint_P4tti; 12-19-2014 at 01:00 AM
Old 12-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

See now? No, no no no no no. This I did not want. I don't want "hope" & bull**** talk about Paige surprising Em at Prom. I just want you to break my heart with a clean snap & then I can move on.

There are so many BIG HOLES in this plot that they make no sense, but then, that's PLL . lbr the fact Ezra is still running around shirtless in front of his recently-ex students (cause apparently the "ex" bit makes it ok) & hasn't had his sorry ass dragged off to jail is one of the biggest. Part of me gets the feeling they've dug themselves a hole in terms of plots & drama for the couples. If you look at Ezria's hinted storyline, it sounds a lot like what Paily's would have been & I wonder if they just don't want to repeat it (never been a problem before but I guess running concurrently would make it too obvious).

I'm with you, jjay, I actually felt (& slept) better after watching the sneak peek - I don't know why, it makes no sense but ... What ep did Caleb leave? Did they get a leaving sneak peek? (Look at me grabbing tight at those straws...) I wonder why they teased this, though, after all the secrecy it seems like they've just given away the reveal?

Aww JAF, here hug it out. Like Paige said "it'll be ok" (before walking Em home to find her parents being investigated for something that was never explained or cleared up as far as I remember). I just don't know what to say anymore but tptb sure are good at jerking us shippers around.

Last edited by Peppermint_P4tti; 12-19-2014 at 01:50 AM
Old 12-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

(It really sucks being in a different time zone because I feel like I'm talking to myself & replying to my own posts.... But this show has made me insane enough so ...)

I thought that Paige leaving might have made the hate for Paige & Paily pause, but **** me, it just seems to be getting worse. & it made me wonder if perhaps they're sending Paige off to try & cool the ship wars down, if they take Paige out of the equation & still E/A doesn't happen then perhaps they'll calm they're **** a bit. & then I remember what I'm thinking about & I laugh at myself. But tptb must be aware of it? It just makes it so hard to even engage with the show & even to engage with thinking/reading about Paily because you just come across so much random hate. & then i realised that that's kind of the point of why they're doing it - because they're bullies & even at my age it still affects/upsets me. & I'm sure there are Paily fans who do the same & harass back or start it in some cases or whatever, but I've never really been aware of it. I know it doesn't matter but it just makes it worse for me. A couple of times I've actually caught myself hoping Lyndsey is gone & I can get over this stupid couple & this stupid show.

(& I just got home & my Christmas tree's fallen down & smashed my favourite decoration that I made years ago. *sigh*)
Old 12-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok. After a good sleep I think I've come to a conclusion.

I can't keep doing that thing where I cling on to a small shred of hope based on a vague tweet or comment from the writers, only to be let down later. It's too exhausting. I can't do this for another 3 months, let alone 2 more years.

I feel like, if I do continue to watch, I need to do it in a bit of a vacuum. I need to get off twitter and stop hunting for hints of what's to come. Basically, just watch the show without being so involved with the show.

I'd still be around to discuss stuff, but I can't be so attached anymore. It's too draining.

So as of January 6th, I become a casual fan.

Aw, peppermint, Your Christmas Tree comment just made me all sad. The universe is really piling it on.

Hugs all around.

The fan war crap is also draining and upsetting and another reason I want to distance myself. To see so much negativity floating around is a real downer and I'm just tired of having it in my face all the time. I'm not going to say the Paily fandom is without its own faults, I've seen comments I thought were uncalled for (though usually made out of frustration), but the mean spirited memes, harassing and hateful comments on every single photo, the dismissive mocking of fans,...I don't care if this is "just a tv show"...it's all unnecessary and I'm clearly of an age that has little tolerance for it.

Sigh...anyway...I wish I could find something else to grab my interest so I could focus on that rather than this crummy situation.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah I get your withdrawal & think it's the only way to deal (& tbh I think a lot of Paily fans seem to be thinking the same from comments I've seen). But does that mean you won't be here to discuss stuff cause I gotta be honest I'll really miss you (& it'll just be me & jjay sat in here talking **** through)?

I agree that the only way to watch this show is to do it in a vacuum. But it's so hard when you've been used to being more involved & I really like reading peoples theories & their considered thoughts on the show. (As opposed to "ew" or "Emison!" In response to anything at all.)

I do feel you with wishing there was something else to take your attention but the problem is there are so few gay stories on TV & so few within that that actually get me. I have mentioned Alice & Dana were one such (& look how that turned out!) it's not often a show/pairing gets me in a way they & Paily do. *sigh* I can't even read (or write for that matter) fanfiction cause it hurts too much (where's the emoji for "really ****ing sad face when you need it?).

Sending a to you (don't leave us completely though, I'll really ****ing miss you
Old 12-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's a big love fest in here!

I'm really touched you think so much of my opinions peppermint and the feeling is mutual. I don't like saying goodbye to anyone, though I do understand why some fans have decided to call it quits. Especially the ones who have been around since day one. This show takes a lot out of you, because it's not just about watching the weekly episodes, it's everything surrounding them as well.

I would never want to just leave. I enjoy talking to you all too much. Even if it is just volleying around the same opinions, it does at least feel like a place to come and get stuff off our chests and process what we're feeling. As you said peppermint, it's cathartic. It's also safe. I'm not saying I shy away from engaging in debates or don't like to see differing opinions, but there is a way share those opinions in a respectful way and I have yet to find anywhere that that allows for that type of engagement between fans without it dissolving into a pissing match (or a battle of sarcastic gifs).

So don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I'm just stepping back from all the external stuff. The twitter world, the interview analysis...it's too much. I'm just going to watch the show and comment on what I see rather than what I thought I would see based on behind the scene photos. It only leads to disappointment.

jjay, I'm actually with you in feeling like this isn't over. Just, in my gut, I feel like she'll be back. Though who the hell knows when that will be.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I for sure agree with taking a step back on the social media area of this show. All the nasty comments and unnecessary hate make me feel like I'm back in high school all over again, it's ridiculous. But the writers don't make anything better by constantly stirring things up, they like the attention it brings to the show I'm sure but it's just not the way it should be.

Plus I also don't want to get my hopes up anymore and this show does too good of a job on that. I do still believe Paige is going to show up again at some point and that Paily has a better chance than anyone at being Emily's endgame because I still can't believe that all of 5a was for nothing.. Maybe the prom thing will happen but I'm not going to convince myself of it just to be let down. will for sure still be stopping by here to chat with everyone and to catch up on whatever the show is doing, just not going to dedicate my Tuesday nights to it the way I was.

This place is the only one I have to come and discuss, at least where I feel comfortable shipping my ship knowing a fight won't ensue. So for that, I thank you all!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Cool I'm glad you're both sticking around. Like you say it's nice to vent & discuss stuff without it descending into a fight! Though I have to say if it's like your High School I feel really sorry for you, it's really nothing like mine was! It's like people have no regard for other people's feelings or even just respecting their enjoyment of something.

I guess we just have to wait it all out & see what happens. It's impossible to try & second-guess what tptb are going to do or what they mean by half the stuff they dish out. It's all so cryptic & misleading. I'm going to try & watch as casually as I can, visit here to chat & perhaps read some "safe" tumblr opinions. It's twitter that's the real killer for unsolicited opinions popping up. I'm glad I've never engaged with the fandom on there I know for sure I'm not tough enough!

Have a good weekend.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh geez, this thread is nearly finished. We're going to need a new title asap. Any ideas or suggestions?

"I thought we had more time" seems to be appropriate at the moment.

Or maybe something from JD's latest..."and they did not stop. Ever."

Or maybe MK..."There is always hope. Always."

Or "Your eyes. It's a days work just to look into them."

What do you guys think?
Old 12-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anything but the first one I vote. I don't think I'm prepared to see that sad one for who knows how long until there's another thread. I love Joes book lines. Maybe even Shays "I hope they last forever" Those ones are all non depressing I feel like and I think we've had our fill of that recently.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Good point! Ok, scratch anything depressing off the list lol

Also, very good suggestion for the quote from Shay. I do like that one.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

I vote shay's quote "I hope they last forever"