Old 06-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Total Fan

Old 06-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

bbs

MK can never touch them, ever again. They're happy together and I'm content with that
Old 06-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

That video is lovely . I'm very happy that Marlene and her merry band of writers will never be able to harm Spencer and Toby ever again and they can happily live their lives in peace together. Fanfic can take care of the rest .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I just thought of something... thankfully Spencer/Toby didn't reunite until the end of the series. What would have been even worse was having Alex sleeping with Toby while Spoby was official again. That would have been far worse and maybe something they couldn't have survived. There was a reason why they had Toby and Yvonne together for so long and delayed the Spoby reunion until the series finale. It was confusing and frustrating not understanding why all the other pairings were advancing. Now it makes perfect sense. It's also cool to think about how Spoby are reunited and can peacefully advance the relationship without any drama or chaos anymore whereas the others certainly didn't have the same opportunity.
It definitely does make perfect sense now why they'd been getting the shaft for most of the time jump (also that scenario you mentioned sounds awful and I'm glad they never went there). It also made sense why it kept being rumored by people supposedly in the know that Spencer and Toby didn't end up together and why some even thought she ended up with Wren. The twin confused even supposed spoiler/rumor people (or they just spread rumors to spread them) .

I'll always want a better onscreen ending for them, they deserved it and so did we. But it was clear they loved each other throughout the episode, two of their songs played in scenes that paralleled great moments of theirs, and Spencer was happy and giddy while the girls talked about her and Toby. I'm just going to hold on tight to all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Can you believe 6x09 was their last kiss on screen? at least it was a beautiful one

and they definitely ended up together, MK confirmed in a interview that they get engaged
That's something that will bug me for a long time. At the very least we should've seen Spencer and Toby share a kiss, hold hands, talk about their feelings, or have some kind of moment after the Alex mess that was truly theirs. It would've made all the difference and wouldn't have taken up much time. But what can you do? Like I said, I'm just happy they'll be able to live their lives happily in love with nothing ruining it.
Andrea ღ|Icon: madness
Old 06-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Some cute stuff Troian said

Old 06-29-2017, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love that she's talking about them

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

me too
Old 06-29-2017, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

^ Me three . We don't hear her talk about them too much so I'm glad when she did, that she described them so well. It's exactly how I picture their relationship being like.
Andrea ღ|Icon: madness
Old 06-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That's why I've always adored Spencer/Toby. Less is more with them. A look, a smile is so romantic because their chemistry just scorches. When all the other couples went on their own to sleep together after the dinner (well minus Haleb lol) Spencer and Toby went to play scrabble... their moment was more romantic by far.

I also got goosebumps finding out Spencer bought Toby's old truck. She was thinking about him... so romantic and they weren't even official again yet! Troian is so right, apart they are still together. That's the way they've always been.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Still very much in love these two. Never joined, but never parted either.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for the video and the ET clips
Old 06-30-2017, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
and they definitely ended up together, MK confirmed in a interview that they get engaged

Well thanks but that means nothing considering we didnt get to see it. She could tell us that Wren's ashes were reconstructed and he came back to life and it would mean as much as that. Why not throw a ring on Spencer's finger at the end of the finale then?

Like, ugh, I am so annoyed. I cant believe their last kiss was in season 6??? Why couldn't they have kissed after Toby saved her? Like, seriously, the more I think about this the more pissed I am.

Its not even about her technically ending single that bothers me because its nice in a way that one of the liars wasnt married with kids at the end of it. its a bit cheesey that all the others were, but why did it have to be spoby that got that ending? they were the couple that wasnt together for most of the time at the end there. i wish it had been spoby that got married instead (and obviously alex and toby never would have happened) and then hanna could have ended up single with the implication that her and caleb were getting back together instead or something. So annoying.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

I love them as a couple. But most of the time it seemed like the writers had no idea what to do with them.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

they were amazing together. It sucks that they spent so much time apart the last couple seasons
Old 06-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

It's pretty much confirmed in the last scene that they're together, but we deserved so much more. Forever bitter about it