Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello everyone, I saw the last episode, I liked it, my favorite scene was Emily and Spencer, Troian and Shay need more scenes together.
I am enjoying single Emily, it is a nice change for her, because she is more into the A plot and I think Shay was tired of the hundred LI that Emily has every season, but I hope that she won't be single in the next season, that wouldn't be fair with the gay character, I don't think they will bring back Paige, Sabrina just disappeared mysteriously, and Alison is married now, although Rollins is bad. Maybe someone new?

in other news Shay is in Montana being cute, with Ingrid Nilsen!

And a new interview with cute pictures:

Quote:
If you’re like us, you’ve seen every episode of Pretty Little Liars (maybe more than once) and are mega fans of Emily Fields—Rosewood’s resident barista, one-time prodigy athlete, and the proverbial glue that holds the Liars together. You also know that Shay Mitchell, 28, who’s spent her twenties rising to fame as Fields, is even more badass IRL. Follow her on Instagram (@shaym) and you quickly realize that she’s the candid, pizza-loving, best-friend-you-never-had actress we’d all been craving. Case in point: when she hit the 10 million follower mark on the platform, she celebrated with a pizza three times her size. “Pizza is a big deal,” she says, totally earnestly. “For my birthday every year [on the PLL set] you can always count on there being lots of it.” She admits that she’s made a refreshingly real-girl effort to get in with the guys supplying the giant pies: “My craft service are my best friends. They know if Shay’s working, it’s taco night. It’s a waste if I’m not working, because who’s going to eat it?” See?Real.

As PLL is rumored to be coming to an end (more on that later!) Mitchell is intent on finding jobs with even better craft services. Kidding. Actually, the actress is prepping for her next big projects—namely, her big screen debut inMother’s Day, a YouTube channel, and her very own lifestyle brand Amore & Vita. While she’s off-season fromPLL—where beginning in April, she’ll return for another 9 months of filming (or in her words, “give birth to another season”)—she shot this exclusive editorial with Aussie it girl and fashion blogger Margaret Zhang, and we got to interview the star. At the time of our chat, Mitchell had just returned from a glamorous trip to Hawaii (which, yes, you can could have followed by the hour on her Instagram and Snapchat accounts) and gave us a ring from the comfy quarters of bed in her L.A. home.

Glamour: How did this shoot with Zhang come about?
SM: To be honest with you, I meet a lot of people on Instagram, and she was on of them. I was so blown away with every single one of her photos—it didn’t matter if she was taking a photo of her cappuccino! She messaged me saying she was coming to L.A. and asked if I wanted to do a shoot. The only day that I could fit it in, I only had about an hour, so she came over to my house, I did my hair and makeup, and she pulled clothes out of her suitcase and we literally shot it in 45 minutes.

Glamour: You realize that’s unheard of, right? What inspired the fashion direction?
SM: The shoot is La Dolce Vita meets California chill. Obviously we were shooting in California, but my house is Mediterranean and I have a love for everything Italian. In the photo by the lemon tree, I’m in a scene in La Dolce Vita in my mind. And the wet suits are very California, so it was a combination of my favorite things.

Glamour: Is that how you describe your style? If not, how do you explain it?
SM: Always changing. I don’t have one way to describe it. There are days where I wake up and I want to be a flower child, others where I want to wear all black, and some where I want to be super athletic and rock Jordan’s and an oversize hoodie. It all depends on the mood I’m in—and that’s why fashion is so interesting. But if I had to choose a go-to, it’s summer dresses. I love heels and throwing on a dress—I’m very girly in that aspect—and if I don’t have to wear a bra, we’re golden!

Glamour: That can be tricky for some. Do you have any styling hacks?
SM: I’ve done everything from Spanx to duct tape! I think I’ve tried it all. One time I forgot my Spanx and I was onMichael and Kelly and I really could not fit into this skirt, so I had everybody wrap me up in duct tape—I just turned around in circles and used a whole roll. Right before I went on, it wasn’t fitting right, so we ended up taking it all off. Which was so painful—like a free wax—and I just rocked the skirt with half of it done up. Sometimes you just can’t get the zipper up! You just have to be okay with it; and I was, I had a great meal the night before.

Glamour: The magic of the camera! Speaking of which, what’s your stance on editing your photos?
SM: I love visco, but I’m not about Facetuning the hell out of myself because I don’t want to be embarrassed when I meet you and you’re like, ‘Oh wow you look really different in real life.’ If anything, I’d like to look better in person than I do in my photos! At the end of the day on social, you’re your own artist. If that’s what you want people to see on your instagram, do your thing! If you want to Facetune the hell out of your face, then go for it! More power to you; no judgement here.

Glamour: Okay, so what are your selfie taking tips?
SM: I always say find your light–and natural light is best. I like to take the photos from above. And a little side angle face tilt never hurts!

Glamour: Well, obviously that’s working well, since you hit 11 million followers today. What does it really feel like to have that many fans?
SM: It’s kind of insane! I don’t really realize it that much when I post photos [because I have my notifications turned off]. I want everyone to look at my feed and be able to tell a lot about me. It’s really what my life is: it’s colorful and I like to have fun and travel. It’s only me that posts on Instagram—I don’t have anyone who posts for me—and it’s cool for fans to get to know me outside of the show and outside of things that I do professionally. That’s why I love Instagram and Snapchat.

Glamour: Tell me about making the move to the big screen in Mother’s Day. You’re alongside Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson, and Julia Roberts in this movie—that’s major.
SM: Getting to work with Garry Marshall was an incredible experience. And playing opposite Jennifer Aniston in every scene was kind of a trip—I mean, the entire time I was just thinking, ‘Do not call her Rachel. Do not call her Rachel. Please do not embarrass yourself!’ The fact that I’m going to have something in the theater is amazing. What’s most crazy is when I talk to my parents and they say, ‘We’ll be able to buy a ticket and come and see you in the movie theater.’

Glamour: And most of your scenes are with Anitson, right? It’s a huge step in your career to be cast opposite her. Were you nervous to take it?
SM: I was a little nervous in the beginning but Jen made everyone feel really comfortable. I think anybody would be nervous around her! When you’ve grown up seeing her on TV and you’re looking at her in real life, it’s surreal. TV is different from film in that you see the people on a weekly basis—like us on our show [PLL] or Jen on Friends—and you feel like you know them because they’re in your home, you know when you’re going to see them, you get more familiar with them every week. So it was comfortable in a way because I felt like I grew up with Rachel.

Glamour: Well, like you said, you do the same as Emily on PLL. And Emily brings an important diversity factor to TV every week. I love that you have a Pilipino background and you’re also playing a LGBT character. It’s been a true success because it’s actually not a big deal. It’s normal.
SM: Exactly. It’s nice that lately I’ve been asked the old questions less and less: What’s it like to kiss a girl? What I had always hoped for at the beginning of shooting is that I wouldn’t get asked those questions. No one’s asking Lucy Hale what it’s like to kiss Ian Harding. I really feel there’s been a change in the last year.

Glamour: And that’s a feat after only 6 seasons. Are you nervous for season 7 to be the end and to start a whole new chapter?
SM: I’m not going to say anything is the end! Never say never… You never know what could happen in Rosewood. Although that’s what was said, I don’t know if that’s really going to be the ending. When it does come to an end, I’ll be extremely upset. Counting down the episodes is going to be insane—I’ve spent my twenties on this show.

Glamour: And we have to ask: Can you tell me something you’ve never told anyone about PLL—whether that’s an inside joke on set or who you think the new A is?
SM: To be honest, I think I gave up on asking who A was a long time ago. Every time I think it’s one person, it’s not. If I were to make assumptions now, I think it has to be one of the parents. That’s my guess.

SOURCE
Old 03-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
although Rollins is bad
We don't actually know this, this is just something shippers are telling themselves to make themselves feel better.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I saw Marlene's tweet about Paige coming back to Rosewood, and hopefully this time it's true, I don't want to see Emily alone in season 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
We don't actually know this, this is just something shippers are telling themselves to make themselves feel better.
oh yeah sorry, that was just my opinion, it wasn't a spoiler or a fact and I understand what are you saying about shippers, but I don't need to be a shipper to think that Rollins is bad. I think is pretty obvious right now, especially after the conversation that Ali and mrs D (ghost? twin?) had about him. Again this is just my opinion.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tbh, I haven't fully watched an entire episode this season. He doesn't seem bad to me

emily done with your sh** fields
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

thanks for the gifs! Emily

shaym: One of today’s looks for my shoot with @flaremag ! Can’t wait for you all to see it 💃🏻🇨🇦 #canadaproudeh 💄@patrickta 💇🏽 @luke_chamberlain 👠 @hayley_atkin_ 💅🏼 @carlakaynails 📸 @ninomunoz
Old 03-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

OMG, that gifset is everything!

I've seen trailers for her new movie. Good for her!

She looks soooooooooooooo good in that pic.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just thought I would post this if it hasn't been posted yet;

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-16-2016, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty pics
Old 03-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That last pic

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully S7 brings a gratuitous Emily butt shot. It's unfair for Spencer to have all the fun.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty Em!
Old 03-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like Emily was one of the few things about 6B worth watching. Not good, just borderline funny.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-25-2016, 07:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I think Em felt like us a lot of the time, too. Especially with SCH.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

X

Leigh Tumblr