Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Over My Dead Body (2x12): Episode Discussion #3

episode discussion thread

2x12: Over My Dead Body
Aug. 30, 2011 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer have made a crucial mistake - they told someone about "A" and now they must pay the price. With the clock ticking and "A" calling the shots, the girls are sent on missions to do "A's" bidding in order to save their trusted confidant. Each mission will ultimately lead to what the four liars want the most, but at a costly price to their loved ones and themselves. Can Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer go through with their given tasks in order to save one, or will they ignore "A" to save those around them from being hurt? And ultimately, will this matter when all is said and done? Nothing is ever as it seems in Rosewood, PA

JOIN US FOR THE LIVE CHAT DURING THE EPISODE!

Previous Threads!
[1] [2]

PROMOS!

RULES!

1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship,
try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one
you like and be positive, please. Let's remember to show
our fellow posters some respect, thanks. :]
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode
but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something,
don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it.
Any posts with that topic will be deleted.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until
the show airs Eastern time in the USA.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

just ITA if ther eare no consequences for Ezra, it will send such a bad message...

Quote:
Like I said before, I don't think Jenna and Garrett are A at all. I think, actually, what might have happened is that A came to them with information and offered them a way to ~get back~ at the PLLs. I think A got them to set a lot of it up and JG were probably helping A, but I don't think they know who A is and I don't think they'd do much without A.
I think it was just another red herring. And I wish they would put in some more logic into the entire mystery. As much as I love some of the ships, it's time to focus on what the show is really about, about A terrorising the girls and the question if Ali is really dead or still alive.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Tftnt!

Quote:
I think it was just another red herring. And I wish they would put in some more logic into the entire mystery. As much as I love some of the ships, it's time to focus on what the show is really about, about A terrorising the girls and the question if Ali is really dead or still alive.
I feel like so little focus has been put on the mysteries that it'll be too rushed to pull everything together in the end. I hope the second half of S2 and then S3 go back to focusing on the mystery. I'd like to have [the first] A revealed at the ending of S3. And then we can go to a new place with the story.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmidnightx (View Post)
Tftnt!

I feel like so little focus has been put on the mysteries that it'll be too rushed to pull everything together in the end. I hope the second half of S2 and then S3 go back to focusing on the mystery. I'd like to have [the first] A revealed at the ending of S3. And then we can go to a new place with the story.
Will they do the 2 As like in the books?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Will they do the 2 As like in the books?
I wish they would, because the plotline for the second A was REALLY good. It had a more ~dangerous vibe than the first A and the second A did an excellent of job of breaking of the Core 4 and getting them to genuinely distrust each other. It would be such a good story to put into the show, in my opinion. It also made Wilder an interesting character! Sort of.

I hope they do that and whoever the third A turns out to be. Both of them are much more aggressive and vicious than the first book!A.

ETA: You know what, if MK was gonna give us the two book As AND the EA storyline from Book 8, then she could do whatever she wanted with AE, ST, and HC. They could be married with babies, Idec, I just need the Book 8/second A storyline to happen. I NEED IT.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 09-02-2011 at 02:17 PM
Old 09-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You know what, if MK was gonna give us the two book As AND the EA storyline from Book 8, then she could do whatever she wanted with AE, ST, and HC. They could be married with babies, Idec, I just need the Book 8/second A storyline to happen. I NEED IT.
Sounds like a good compromise: you get book 8/second A, I get AE

Jokes aside, I adore the book 8 and the second A sl, so I totally want it in!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Sounds like a good compromise: you get book 8/second A, I get AE

Jokes aside, I adore the book 8 and the second A sl, so I totally want it in!

S T A R D U S T
Old 09-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Um book storyline freaking needs to happen. I will throw a fit if it doesn't.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

TWO THREADS! I'll be reading through them later. But I JUST finished it like 5 minutes ago.

Pretty Little Liars 2x12

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! This is what we have until January? (And Halloween seems to be a prequel, so doesn’t count.)

YES YES YES! x a billion! Spencer and Jason are RELATED! YES YES YES! Maybe they changed actors because OMG! Drew looks SO MUCH LIKE Nolan! I don’t care. JASON SAID HIS SISTER would want him there! YOU GUYS! HOLD ME! HEHE! DYING RIGHT NOW!

And Ella still believes Ezra/Spencer. And thinks Ezra LOVES Spencer! *GIGGLES* *giggles* I LOVE IT!

TOBY! OMG! I was near tears when Spencer broke up with him and ran away. JESUS. THIS IS WHY SHE IS MY FAVORITE! I love that Toby was at the station. “I LOVE YOU!” He knows that something is wrong!

WREN! *music to my ears* I love that he has a handkerchief. I love that he wants her to smile. I love the kiss. *giggles*

EA! HOLD ME GIRLS! BEST.THING.EVER! THE KISS! THE TOUCHING! OMG! Screw it. Official OTP of the show!

Emily/Maya! THEY MAKE ME SMILE SO MUCH! GO AWAY HANNA!

So, are they saying Jenna/Garrett killed Alison or is that not for real? SO CONFUSED! And something was weird. I swear, Jenna or Garrett is going to double cross the other. I don’t know why, but it looked like that would happen….*shrugs*

Not much to say about Hanna and Aria. *shrugs* I don’t really care.

Oh, and Wilden? YES! Baby, I DID miss you! Welcome back to Rosewood!

Last edited by Artemis; 09-02-2011 at 09:08 PM
Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
EA! HOLD ME GIRLS! BEST.THING.EVER! THE KISS! THE TOUCHING! OMG! Screw it. Official OTP of the show!
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

So... Spencer's father is also Jason's father? But that doesn't make Spencer and Ali related. Spencer is adopted? IDK, why?

I... don't remember what Wilden did. Like, at all.

And I'm not one who think the show needs to follow all the books They can just skip over the first A, that doesn't add much to the plot and doesn't make as much sense with all the stuff they've already changed.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:45 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
So... Spencer's father is also Jason's father? But that doesn't make Spencer and Ali related. .
No, it makes Spencer&Jason, Melissa&Jason and Ali&Jason halfsister and -brother. Ali and Spencer are not related, but perhaps if Ali is also Peter Hasting's child, they would be halfsisters.

Aria & Jason
jarialover.tumblr.com
Old 09-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaria (View Post)
No, it makes Spencer&Jason, Melissa&Jason and Ali&Jason halfsister and -brother. Ali and Spencer are not related, but perhaps if Ali is also Peter Hasting's child, they would be halfsisters.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Both Ali and Jason is kind of a stretch IMO. I mean, both Spencer's dad and Ali's mom were married to other people at the time, weren't they?
And then what was the whole Spencer being adopted thing about a few episodes ago?

Wren is really growing on me...
Old 09-03-2011, 09:09 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
Yeah, that's what I meant. Both Ali and Jason is kind of a stretch IMO. I mean, both Spencer's dad and Ali's mom were married to other people at the time, weren't they?
And then what was the whole Spencer being adopted thing about a few episodes ago?
Yes, they were both married. IDK, it could be possible, if Jason is Peter's son, why can't Ali be Peter's daughter? Spencer adopted? Didn't catch that one..

Aria & Jason
jarialover.tumblr.com
Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I finally came to my senses, Twisty. I just needed a little more push over the edge. We'd been lacking, so I needed this. PERFECTION!

They HAVE to follow the book plotline about this stuff. PLEASE!

Well, SA aren't related related, but they share a half-brother. So it's good enough for me!

Wilden was on the Alison's-death case and was suspecting the girls. When the memorial was vandalized, he was pretty much going after Emily. And went through her bag in the library at SATs. And found the love/hate letter. That's where Emily told Spencer and Aria she's gay and they all found out about her loving Ali. And Veronica came in and put him in his place and he got taken off the case.