Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-29-2013, 07:12 PM
New Fan

my theory based on summer finale!

Here we go…
Ezra is either Big A, or he is not part of any “team” or role that we have all previously seen. It makes so much sense because he was the least expected, but when you really think about all the clues, it makes the most sense! Ezra is the beach hottie, and also who Ali had pointed a gun at. I also think he is who tried to kill her. His relationship with Aria was planned from the beginning. And maybe he did develop real feelings for her, but I really don’t think that matters in the end. He is obsessed with finding Ali, or at least proving she is alive so that he can find her, and the liars are his path. All the clues we see that point to Aria have really been pointing to Ezra. Everyone is going to debunk this theory based on the very first text Aria received from A b/c she was with Ezra, but remember that there are several people on the A team and that started from the beginning of the show. On a side note, I do believe Aria is playing a darker role in all of this , but that is another story (she has a mental disorder, like her uncle.) I believe CeCe and Ali are both Red Coats, and that they are protecting the liars as well as themselves. They want the liars to find out the truth about Ezra, and many other things going on in the story. I fear Alison will actually never come out of hiding permanently….which is disappointing for me, but she may come clean to the liars eventually, but it must be kept a secret from the rest of the world. And of course, will cause Ali to tie off any other loose ends. So, CeCe was spying at his apartment b/c she is not working with Ezra, but against him. Now, more details, so bare with me. I think the person watching them in A’s liar was Jason, and that is also who put on the gas mask costume. He's been gone for so long and it's time to bring him back into the game. And I think Ezra is who he is after. Why is he after Ezra?...keep reading!
I think Ezra has baby issues. Now - I know this is a long shot...but what if Ali had the baby. We know she is alive, over a year has passed since that night she was buried alive. She was saved (but I dont think Grunwald saved her, but that's another story...she's lying!). If Ezra is in fact the one who tried to kill her...maybe she wanted to plot the ultimate revenge against him and make his life miserable. He has no idea she had the baby, but she knew he would eventually find out about her being alive and go after her. So, maybe she planned on not having the baby to begin with, which is why she told Mona she wasnt pregnant. Then, after he tried to kill her, she realized she would need leverage if all her planning failed in the end....she had the baby. And think about it.....Mona knitting. Why? What is she knitting? We think the knitting has something to do with the dolls we saw a few episodes back. But what if Melissa and her team are the ones who know about the baby, and Mona has been clued in. I dont think Melissa and her team are bad guys at all. And I have another theory on the true reason for their involement…keep reading!
So this brings me 2 theories on the whole plot and the answer to the Twin SL.
1 – The twin SL is beginning to happen. There have been many twin clues and references, but they could just be red herrings like most people think. However, the twin SL is the only thing that explains Ali’s body, the funeral, and the body that was stolen from the grave and then recovered on the train. There had to be a body, right? I mean, Ali’s parents had to ID the body, along with police, forensics, etc. So the body was Courtney, her twin, and we all know the history of that fued b/c of the books.
2 - Or...the only way the body isnt Courtney, is if Ali's parents are in on the whole thing. Why would they do such a thing? Well, I think it would be because they knew their daughter was in trouble. Trouble = Ezra. They could have even paid off police/foresenics to say that it was her body. How did they get the money? Spencer's family. You have to admit that there are some really weird things going on there. And that may also give us some answers to Melissa's involvement and why her mom wanted to help Garrett. The Hastings family, with the exception of Spenser, knows the whole story. That's why it was said that Spenser should have figured it out already. Jason wasnt clued in on this either. Which is why he is fighting so hard for his own answers.
Mrs. Grunwald – well, I think she is lying about saving Ali. Either the producers made a huge mistake, or it means something. The first time we see someone pulling Ali’s arm out of the ground, they are wearing a red coat, making me think it was CeCe. But during the summer finale, you see Grunwald pull her out, wearing a yellowish colored shirt. Mistake, or is Grunwald lying? Is this another clue to the twin SL and both Courtney and Ali were burried and saved? I don’t believe in this part though, b/c then we are back to square one on who was actually burried.
My theory is not perfect, and I am probably way off. What do you think?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:36 PM
New Fan

Spoilers Included on this post!

Exclusive: Pretty Little Liars EP Promises Ezra Reveal Is 'Very Real,' Teases Jekyll/Hyde Twist

by Megan Masters

Get More: Finales, Interviews, Scoop

Pretty Little Liars Ezra AIf you’re hoping that the gut-punch of a reveal that took place in Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars summer finale was yet another of the series’ misleading twists, you’re out of luck.

Turns out, the addictive ABC Family drama plans to stick with (to some degree) the shocking notion that — SPOILER ALERT – Ezra is ‘A’!

“I assure you that there is something going on here with Ezra,” Liars executive producer Oliver Goldstick tells TVLine exclusively.

But that’s only just the tip of the iceberg. Here, Goldstick discusses surprising details about the Rosewood fave’s “double life,” how this twist will put Aria (among others) in danger and much, much more.

TVLINE | I’ve got to be honest with you, I feel like this is the same situation I was in a year ago with you right after the big “Toby is ‘A’” reveal…
You’re not. I promise you you’re not. I assure you that there is something going on here with Ezra. There is something very real going on here. I can’t give you too much information, but I can tell you it plays out quite beautifully in Season 4B. And Aria’s in danger — well, they all are, but Aria in particular.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Finale — Ezra Is ‘A’!

TVLINE | So, are you confirming that this is not a red herring?
Yes, there is something that is about to be exposed and revealed in 4B. I guess what I’m saying is that this is going to escalate and be more explosive and mind-blowing.

TVLINE | And this all begins in Season 4B or before that in the Halloween special?
Because of the nature of the Halloween episode, the mystery of [Ezra] doesn’t move forward that much; it’s a standalone episode… As far as the explosive revelation of last night, it builds on that without giving you explanations. It builds on Ezra’s culpability of being ‘A,’ but it doesn’t explain a lot of questions you’ll have as an audience. You have to wait for 4B for that.

TVLINE | Should we have come away from the finale with the idea that Ezra is ‘A’ or is on Team ‘A’?
I can’t give that away, I will just say you’re really in hot territory and very close.

TVLINE | For me, this all could make sense because ‘A’ began his or her torment once Ezra came to Rosewood. What doesn’t make sense though is how decent he’s been and how much he’s loved Aria.
I hear you and we can answer that in an emotionally satisfying way. Everybody here is very aware of that, too, because this is a relationship that’s deeply romantic. They’re soulmates, and we’ve invested so much into them. We’re going to be able to explain some things to you.

VIDEO | Ravenswood Season 1 Trailer: Caleb Comes to Town

TVLINE | ‘Ezria’ has been touted as “endgame” since Day 1, so what can you say about that now? It seems this will definitely impact that–
Oh, it impacts it — in a big way! [Laughs] Not right away, but you’ll stand by and say, “Gee golly, gee whiz, what is going on?! How can this person be living a double life?” What you’re really going to find out is this whole Jekyll-and-Hyde factor about Ezra — it’s going to blow your mind.

TVLINE | Talk about the evolution of the idea to go in this direction with Ezra.
We knew from the beginning of this season. When Ezra and Aria weren’t together, we sort of tracked and mapped them as a couple — he’s basically microchipped like a dog! He’s had it since we started the show. So, we know where he’s been, and it’s not always a good place. Sometimes he’s eaten out of a dumpster! [Laughs] We really have tracked this.

TVLINE | Are the fans who have gone back and tracked why Ezra is ‘A’ onto something?
That I can emphatically answer: Yes! That is not bull; those things have been planted. We were subtly putting things in and you can track them, and hopefully in 4B you’ll be able to help us solve this puzzle.

TVLINE | Since Aria won’t be in on Ezra’s secret immediately, what does this mean for them as a couple in 4B? Also, what does this mean for Jake?
Jake is returning, and it’ll be very complicated. We know he cares for her and she cares for him, and more than anything, he’s concerned for her welfare because when they met, she was under duress… So her duress escalates in 4B, and he wants desperately to protect her, but she won’t let him — because she’s got Ezra, right?! [Laughs]

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled TV Shows?

TVLINE | According to Mrs. Grunwald, Alison is alive. Was that meant to be a definitive reveal to the audience?
Not definitive, just a suggestion from someone who had dealings with her on that night…

TVLINE | Will the girls be on a mission to find Ali moving forward?
Yes…

TVLINE | What can you say about the identity of a second Red Coat?
That is indeed still an issue. People have come to the conclusion that there has to be more than one person; there has to be an ‘A’ team, ultimately. But we’re not saying that’s necessarily true either, it’s just a very valid theory.

TVLINE | Talk a little about what happens, once Caleb is in Ravenswood, to keep him there permanently.
At the end of the Halloween episode, there’s a twist that provides a compelling reason for Caleb to at least stay there temporarily to explore what the hell something is. It pertains to him; it’s not about Alison or Hanna.

TVLINE | What else can you tease about the Halloween special?
It’s really fun and it’s juicy. you’ll get more episodes regarding Mrs. Grunwald and Alison — some great answers. You’ll get some escalation of whether you suspect Ezra of being The Devious One! [Laughs] There’s a really good pursuit of Alison because the Liars have every reason to believe now that she’s still with us. If she’s going to be in this town on this holiday, they’re not leaving here until we find her.

Last edited by AlisBaby; 08-29-2013 at 08:59 PM
Old 08-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The magician knew the girls....there was a look when he saw the girls at the show
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I truly believe that Ezra has an evil side. I think it was being hinted at all season between taking a bat to lacrosse guys car (most likely him) and his reaction to finding out the boy wasn't him they've showed us another side to Ezra. I'm good with this. Like I've said it's about time we question him . No HS teacher should date (if that's what you call it) his sophomore student - just unacceptable.

So here's the hitch - If "the man" is using the girls to find Alsion it would seem that he is most likely not A because A is clearly trying to kill them. But there is a way this makes sense. What if A has figured out that Redcoat (Ali) is actually protecting the girls and attempting to kill them is how he is drawing her out.

Than Ezra being A makes sense. He could like them all, even love Aria but want to find Alison more. So Aria the one he's always sparred is becoming a target more and more because he's becoming more desperate. Especially since he found out Malcolm isn't his.

Remember how he acted when he found out about Malcolm. It was almost like Aria suddenly didn't matter and then Wammo, he comes back and he wants Aria again.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

AlisBaby, please edit your second post to include spoiler tags. Thanks!

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless forms (View Post)
AlisBaby, please edit your second post to include spoiler tags. Thanks!
Hi, I am new. How do I edit to add spoiler tags? I went to "edit" but did not see an option for that. Thank you
Old 08-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For the part that you want to spoiler tag, put [*sp] before the text and [/sp*] after the text. Make sure you take out the asterisks before you post.

Example: [*sp]insert text here[/sp*] and then just remove the asterisks and you should be good! And thank you!

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Loyal Fan

How'd I miss a whole thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Loves (View Post)
Okay, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster....

I have to say that my first thought when I saw the magician was that it was Byron. I'm not sure why, but something about the face. However, the more I rewatched it, the more I doubted myself, but it was my gut instinct. Not real sure what that might mean in the long haul.
Re: Hanna, I think she's just smart; everyone else is going over the timeline, breaking into computers. Hanna looks in the closet and says, "A's a guy." LUFF her.

So A (Ezra) thought Alison would be at that Ravenswood party. Why, and did Alison lead the Liars there? (Like Spencer said, Alison led her to A's lair; Alison also saved Emily.) So we've got Alison's crew (I'd guess The Alliance: former A-Team who want to take Ezra down, but it may be just Alison) protecting the girls, versus the Ezra's A-Team who wanted to lure the Liars away from Alison (A-Team seems slim now: Cece. But NAT and Mona, who used to work for Ezra, are Alliance or gone).

Cece/A-Team took Emily, so maybe the mime was Ezra (if he's INSANE) or another A-Team, but more likely, he was just told to pick Aria by Ezra or Cece and isn't involved. My question is, why Emily in a box with a saw? Did Ezra think Alison would be there to save Emily? If so, WHY NOT BE THERE TO NAB ALISON? (That's a question no matter who A is.) Hello! What am I missing?

Another problem I'm having, unfortunately, is that flashback Alison (a favorite character of mine!) was truly whacko and not really nice. IF they had her back, would they want her back?

Is it possible (NOT a fangirl of IH, just asking) that Alison went whacko and wanted all this A drama, IS A, and Ezra is boardshorts alright but is trying to prove Alison is alive and crazy as hell? I could see that being a Major Twist. Yay: Ezra's good again. **yawn**

Nobody wants Ezra to be A more than me, trust, but Alison did SAY a mysterious death would be cool, and was quite vicious to her own friends. That equipment could still be Ezra's (maybe Alison played a little too rough and killed his twin; IDEK), and he may be looking for her like a madman, but ...just this feeling that Ezra will be cleared and Alison will be proved insane and jealous. Really, I'd MUCH prefer Ezra bad and Alison good. I just can't get the flashbacks out of my head, and how cruel it is for Alison to "play ghost" with her friends, or to save them but only after putting their lives in danger ...something doesn't add up.

Maybe Alison AND Ezra are A She gets her cheap thrills; he gets off on trying to find her. If so, in the end, the Liars need to have a hatchet party on A&E. (Not the channel; the people. Alison and Ezra.)

Her mom killed his wife. He needs another.

Walder / Sansa
Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoe (View Post)
It was definitely a man. I think the whole idea of A being a man is interesting. A and board shorts are probably the same person, right? However, I still don't think it's Ez.
A is not one individual. It's a corporation, of which Cece, Ali and perhaps that man are the equity partners while anyone else in a black hoodie is nothing more than a pawn.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:57 AM
New Fan

@ Trebuchette: Mostly I'd like that it could clear Alison's name a bit, way more than I could have expected; and now all that stuff I'd thought I was making up about Alison/Emily (at least friendship) BAM, right there.

What'd you mean with this??
Old 08-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Ali Isn't part of a team.The a team wants to force her out of hiding.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suusislief (View Post)
@ Trebuchette: Mostly I'd like that it could clear Alison's name a bit, way more than I could have expected; and now all that stuff I'd thought I was making up about Alison/Emily (at least friendship) BAM, right there.

What'd you mean with this??
A possible Alison/Emily romance.

A obviously messes with Emily the most (though Hanna gets her lion's share of hate, too), which earlier I thought was possibly Crazy Alison being jealous, or the twin terrorizing Emily the most because she thought her sister liked Emily the most.

But when a "protective Alison" became a real possibility, I figured since Emily was the biggest target, Alison was protecting Emily the most (maybe because she had to, or maybe because she likes her the most), and Emily could figure that out. I just think Alison >>> Paige.

I don't slash everyone together for shts and giggles, like Ezra/Jason but I think Emily/Alison have some actual canon stuff going on, and Emily's LIVING with Ms. D. Even Ms. D said she wished Alison had had someone like Em. (Or am I remembering that wrong? Aargh!) I don't know, but I think there's canon Emily/Alison.

Don't you think? Or am I WAY off? (Seriously, if it's not somewhat canon, I don't go with it. I don't say Spencer/Aria forevah! They're not canon gay. But Em/Alison have some history. But MOSTLY, Emily's been hit the hardest, and crushed hard on Alison, so she needs some payoff.)

I still want to know who DRUGGED Emily this year so she messed up at the swim meet. That wasn't any Nate (he's dead). That was someone who wanted to keep Emily in Rosewood. They seemed to drop that story (and I've got ALL the episodes taped this year, so unless I fell asleep in an Aria scene, I never picked up on that answer. I think Ezra hired someone to do it.)

Her mom killed his wife. He needs another.

Walder / Sansa
Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
New Fan

Aria started dating Ezra when she was a junior, not a sophomore. Alison died summer after freshman year, right before sophomore year.

And I think the Ezra thing can be great IF they don't cave to shippers. I'm at a loss how the hell they are going to bring the twin plot into this at this point.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:02 PM
New Fan

I wasn't shocked to see Ezra at the end of the episode. Probably because this show has become a bit of 'the boy who cried wolf' with reveals. I do think Ezra as A makes perfect t sense though and hope he really is.
Some thoughts: I think Melissa was the one who pushed Ian off the bell tower. I think this because of her telling Spencer that everything she has done was to protect her and when she asked Spencer 'if you had to save someone you were in love with or me, who would you save?' (Something along those lines, can't recall exactly). Seems a strange question to ask but I feel it Melissa asked it because she had to make that choice once and chose Spencer. I don't think Melissa is a bad guy, I think she genuinely is looking out for Spencer.
Also in the train episode Mona says 'your sister' pushed Aria in the coffin and we never see the face - everyone assumes it is Melissa but I think it was Ali - she is also her sister remember.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

this way to talk about more on the 4th thread