Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
On that note,Ezra is even more boring after standing up to Ali. They should have been in cahoots and he should have yelled about them losing valuable book money. There goes your cut from my advance,Allison!
Yeah, they are really missing the mark with Ezra. He is a much better villian than good guy. Even if they don't make him a "villian" they could do more with him. At least get him out of his freakin apartment. Honestly, I think they are wasting a good actor on nothing.

I kind of agree about Mona too. I love her really I do but I don't think there is anywhere to go with her if she and the girls "make up".
Old 08-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDH18 (View Post)
Yeah, they are really missing the mark with Ezra. He is a much better villian than good guy. Even if they don't make him a "villian" they could do more with him. At least get him out of his freakin apartment. Honestly, I think they are wasting a good actor on nothing.

I kind of agree about Mona too. I love her really I do but I don't think there is anywhere to go with her if she and the girls "make up".
He pissed me off a lot more than Ali did and it's a good thing. Ali is Ali and her being evil isn't much of a surprise. Him being a psycho perv who intentionally dated a young girl is nasty and so is stalking the others. I wish him helping Ali meant they were in cahoots and she's leave Aria out of it in exchange for his resources.

Ian is a good actor,but until evil Ezra popped out,you couldn't really tell. They redeemed Toby in my eyes because even if what he did was messed up,they slowly showed less of him. His dumb story about his mom took up more time than it should have and didn't focus enough on the connection between him and Ali. We have to remember that in Mona's case,it does give the others stuff to work with. We'll see Mike more,Aria will feel guilty,Hannah will be a mess, Spencer will be freaked out by Ali's insanity and Emily...will throw up. I can't see her being okay with so much blood and someone gets arrested. Caleb's issues will get set off hearing about death,Toby will be in cop mode and Ezra...will eat funeral cake and take pictures of the body when no one's looking. After all,that second novel isn't going to write itself.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDH18 (View Post)
Totally agree with this ^. I watched the first 3 or so episodes and I thought some of the characters were interesting. I think if you like supernatural stuff it could have been ok but when they started trying to create a romantic connection between Caleb and the (dead) girl they shot themselves in the foot. It make no sense at all. There was NO reason to do that. NOw they have to rectify it by him drinking and not mentioning his attraction to her? Stupid.
I completely agree. He really did fail to mention to Hanna the attraction part. I still don't feel like Miranda, dead or alive, would beat out Hanna for Caleb's heart but there was some sort of pull there. I remember watching the Pilot and couldn't believe my eyes that Miranda died. Then to see Caleb and her having this weird spiritual connection really did make it seem like he was falling in love with a ghost. It was weird and stupid! If your lead who was formerly on a popular show involved in a popular ship, you don't have him paired up with a ghost in the spin off since it cheapens his relationship on the past show and is so ridiculously stupid in general. That's all people kept talking about too... Caleb left Hanna to be with a dead girl. It was absolutely insane and there's no doubt it was the death of the show. The show had potential but they really screwed up how they handled the path of their lead character.

Quote:
I really like PLL for the mystery and winds and turns etc but they really have a hard time developing good relationships with realistic beginnings and ends and bumps and stuff. They all get really weird at some point. Like right now if I was Paige I would not be so quick to have that "conversation" with Emily.
Agreed! I want Paige to make it difficult for Emily. I like Emily and Paige but the way Emily treated her in the past, it just ticked me off. Paige clearly still has feelings for Emily. She was bumbling and nervous during their encounter on her date because she never expected Emily to be there. Even at school, she seemed nervous telling her she couldn't talk that night because she had something else to do. I wish she would have calmly told her she was going on a date. Although as we can see, between Emily seeing the two cups and Aria's mean stare at Paige and her date, Emily knows or will soon know Paige was on a date. LOL

Still, I wish they could evolve the story more before Paige takes her back. I know they are really fighting for time because the mystery will always be the primary story but they still need to work on finding a way to develop the relationships better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
What I don't get is why they didn't have him open up to Hannah sooner. He's been a pain in the ass most of the season,Hannah started drinking because of him and now with Mona dying,she'll be even more screwed up. As boring as Travis was,he was still a good influence. I can accept Mona's death because she died in the books and the show has become really, really dumb. Mona's death will shake things up and bring it back towards its former glory.
^^ All of this!

Last edited by jediwands; 08-22-2014 at 09:16 AM
Old 08-23-2014, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I feel you,hon-I told myself I won't watch S6,but how they handle Mona's murder is worth watching. I think Aria will get upset,because she's probably the last person Mona opened up to and she really does like Mike.
Oh I didn't even know that is going to happen. Shows you how committed I'm to the show. lol

I only watch the show because of habit and for fun. Shows like PLL can never take themselves too seriously, it just backfires. After so much time, I'd expect the girls to be more cautious but here they are in season 5, making the same mistakes as ever.

Agreed about Ezra, he is back to being boring as ever. He was much more interesting as a villain. They don't even need to make him one or the other, just make him a grey character.

Also agreed about the relationships on the show, none of them are written well. They have their moments but it falls short each time.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:09 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ++Audrina++ (View Post)
I'm kinda thinking Mona will die and Aria gets arrested for her murder.
I LOL'ed a little
Old 08-23-2014, 11:13 AM
New Fan

Spoiler alert!

spoiler<I REPEAT THIS IS A MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!!!spoiler>

So...................................................................................... basically _____ dies. Here's the evidence

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...82679549_o.jpg
Old 08-23-2014, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Oh, lord...if you're going to be a troll,can you at least try and be a little subtle?

I'm ready for next week. Janelle will go on to do fabulous things and Mona will be missed by her army,Jenna and Mike.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:39 AM
New Fan

So the promo before the last said "One Less Liar" so I'm not sure if that means that someone is actually going to die, or someone leaves town?
On the other hand, I think they are setting us up to think that Caleb is going to die...not sure if that means he actually will or not.
1. The Ouija board said goodbye....which could mean either Miranda is finally saying goodbye, or trying to warn him that something bad will happen.
2. The ending of every episode is always foreshadowing to something and the fact that it was someone (or something) creeping away from Caleb's window means something bad will happen to Caleb... and by the way, I wonder who Hannah was calling and talking on the phone. they made that seem pretty important...
3. Hannah is bawling in the promo and no one else is. (this could also mean Mona)
Another thought, the promo shows all of the liars walking frantically through a house with broken glass and books everywhere, and if this is where the death happened (which they are making it seem like) then clearly it is someone close to them, they wouldn't just be walking through Tanner's or Lucas' house. Maybe A just broke into their house, but I don't get why they are talking about the amount of blood in the house as the liars are walking through someone's home. Can anyone tell whose house it might be?! I saw a grandfather clock in the promo and I thought Ali's house had that but not sure.
I don't get why Lieutanant Hottie is back either.
They also show at the end of the finale, Aria looking terrified and then handcuffs on what looks like a girls hands. Someone is getting arrested. Maybe they mean one less liar like one of the liars goes to jail because they got set up for murder.

This is what I have to say! thanks XD
Old 08-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love your username

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryshecks (View Post)
stuff
Already been discussed at length in the spolier thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f15/pretty-l...ison-63130754/ (And I'll bet anything it's a fakeout.)

Last edited by t2727; 08-23-2014 at 01:17 PM
Old 08-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by craycrayforPLL (View Post)

2. The ending of every episode is always foreshadowing to something and the fact that it was someone (or something) creeping away from Caleb's window means something bad will happen to Caleb... and by the way, I wonder who Hannah was calling and talking on the phone. they made that seem pretty important...
3. Hannah is bawling in the promo and no one else is. (this could also mean Mona)
Another thought, the promo shows all of the liars walking frantically through a house with broken glass and books everywhere, and if this is where the death happened (which they are making it seem like) then clearly it is someone close to them, they wouldn't just be walking through Tanner's or Lucas' house. Maybe A just broke into their house, but I don't get why they are talking about the amount of blood in the house as the liars are walking through someone's home. Can anyone tell whose house it might be?! I saw a grandfather clock in the promo and I thought Ali's house had that but not sure.
I don't get why Lieutanant Hottie is back either.
They also show at the end of the finale, Aria looking terrified and then handcuffs on what looks like a girls hands. Someone is getting arrested. Maybe they mean one less liar like one of the liars goes to jail because they got set up for murder.

This is what I have to say! thanks XD
I definitely think the end of the episode was a foreshadowing of something to happen with Caleb. I doubt they'd bring him back just to kill him off though.

Does the promo show Ali at all? My tivo only got half of it.