Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2014, 04:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

So, are we supposed to discard the story about Ali being buried alive by her mother? I find it alittle hard to believe that 2 girls were buried alive on the same night.

If a body was not found it's possible someone faked their own death.

Hannah had 2 very interesting lines and her bad feelings are always right:
1. "A wants us to keep quiet, who else wants us to keep quiet - Ai" So A is Ali

2. "If A didn't want Ali to leave Rosewood why did A suddenly change A's mind" so, I guess this mean's that there is a reason Ali is not around for this. Which I guess is an Alib to the murder.

I think the girls, Hannah especially have already figured out that Ali is A.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
If it's someone from the promo it can't be Noel, he's not in it
I didn't see the promo yet. Wow, yes, it does rule him out. My guess is now Mona. The only way it's Melissa is if she didn't go to London yet but it really seemed like she was long gone.... thankfully!

Mona, just no.

I don't want Melissa or Mona to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDH18
So, are we supposed to discard the story about Ali being buried alive by her mother? I find it alittle hard to believe that 2 girls were buried alive on the same night.

If a body was not found it's possible someone faked their own death.

Hannah had 2 very interesting lines and her bad feelings are always right:
1. "A wants us to keep quiet, who else wants us to keep quiet - Ai" So A is Ali

2. "If A didn't want Ali to leave Rosewood why did A suddenly change A's mind" so, I guess this mean's that there is a reason Ali is not around for this. Which I guess is an Alib to the murder.

I think the girls, Hannah especially have already figured out that Ali is A.
Excellent thoughts! Hanna is the one that speaks truth when she rambles out theories. Great catch on both lines! Definitely agree that the Liars are seeing Ali - A as one and the same.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:11 AM
New Fan

I think part of the problem with trying to figure out all these theories is that the writers seem to be making up things as they go along with only a general plot structure in mind....
Old 08-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

When is the next episode after the summer break?

I hope Mona stays alive. She is an interesting character. I would miss her.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo H. (View Post)
Melissa finally spilled about Bethany, I always suspected she was trying to protect Spencer. But will she die ? Hot contenders seem to be Melissa and Mona. The trailer to the next one makes it sound like blood is found but not a body.

Counting CeCe ( remember her ? ),there were THREE girls running around dressed the same the night Bethany died and Ali vanished.

Looks like Mona is allied with the girls again. Really dropping hints left and right that Ali is -A now. Can it be that simple ?

Caleb looks to have wrapped up RAVENSWOOD for us. If anyone ever shows up from that show on PLL again my guess is it would be Mrs. Grunwald , as she was the one who fished Ali out of the grave. If you were a RAVENSWOOD hater I suspect you needn't fear it cropping up anymore. Like the Ouija board said, "Goodbye".

Can't help think of what Ali said to Cyrus last week: "I should have left you for dead when I found you.". Where DID she find him ?

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (one of Hitchcock's best) ,the latest reference to the Master Of Suspense.

Trivia note: One of Cyrus's alias's was "Cy Enfield". Cy Enfield was a movie director and producer ,he helmed classics like ZULU and MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (wonder if that was some kind of reference to Ali's obsession with the ISLAND OF THE DEAD painting?).

Solid one ,nice turn by Torrey DiVeto. Mid season finale is next week, can't wait !
I watched the episode with Hannah and it was decent,but ngl-Haleb splitting up for that b.s. pissed me off. He and Miranda weren't good together, she was a ghost and it was stupid. In the end,it had no real connection to PLL and Caleb's issues coming back without it even being hinted at got on my last nerve. I missed those references b/c tbh,I hate their obsession with old movies. Aria didn't want Jake anymore because he dared to like movies made after 1960.

(That episode about Frozen made things even worse)

I think Cyrus is the guy who got his things stolen. She used him and in the end,she attacked him and ran off with his stuff. Only Emily would believe her stupid story.

If Caleb dies,I won't feel bad. I liked Haleb,but he's been stupid since he got back. Better him than Mona and Lucas dying has no point. I still think it's Mona-Spencer wouldn't give a crap if she died and I think Aria would only care for Mike's sake.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I watched the episode with Hannah and it was decent,but ngl-Haleb splitting up for that b.s. pissed me off. He and Miranda weren't good together, she was a ghost and it was stupid. In the end,it had no real connection to PLL and Caleb's issues coming back without it even being hinted at got on my last nerve.
Same. I watched the episode Hanna was in too. I think TPTB sunk the show before it even got started when the theme was Caleb and his ghost happily ever after. That was so utterly ridiculous. That theme was bizarre and anyone remotely liking Caleb/Hanna would not get very into it anyway. It's like TPTB really shot themselves in the foot and voluntarily shut down the show's possibilities.

Quote:
I still think it's Mona-Spencer wouldn't give a crap if she died and I think Aria would only care for Mike's sake.
Yep, and in the promo we see Hanna sobbing which points to it being Mona all the more. She would be the Liar it would affect the most.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am still not okay

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know it. I wasn't expecting this at all. I really thought Noel based on his recent need to gain protection from Ali. But honestly, if you watch last night's episode really closely, you see how carefully the hints were included that it's Mona. Her conversation with Aria said so much. She has talked about fear a lot recently. Unless we are being fooled, I believe last night Melissa was officially ruled out and Mona was ruled in.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I think TPTB sunk the show before it even got started when the theme was Caleb and his ghost happily ever after. That was so utterly ridiculous. That theme was bizarre and anyone remotely liking Caleb/Hanna would not get very into it anyway. It's like TPTB really shot themselves in the foot and voluntarily shut down the show's possibilities.

Totally agree with this ^. I watched the first 3 or so episodes and I thought some of the characters were interesting. I think if you like supernatural stuff it could have been ok but when they started trying to create a romantic connection between Caleb and the (dead) girl they shot themselves in the foot. It make no sense at all. There was NO reason to do that. NOw they have to rectify it by him drinking and not mentioning his attraction to her? Stupid.

I really like PLL for the mystery and winds and turns etc but they really have a hard time developing good relationships with realistic beginnings and ends and bumps and stuff. They all get really weird at some point. Like right now if I was Paige I would not be so quick to have that "conversation" with Emily.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Still watching the show but asking myself why...when Caleb started to talk about fireflies...I lost it. What did this show turn into.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

PLL already exists a heightened reality - to change that 5 years by bringing in supernatural elements is just wrong.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I missed those references b/c tbh,I hate their obsession with old movies. Aria didn't want Jake anymore because he dared to like movies made after 1960.
Apparently it's not just Aria - the whole teenage population came out for the old movie this week.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDH18 (View Post)
Apparently it's not just Aria - the whole teenage population came out for the old movie this week.
I had the same issue with Sweet Valley High as a kid. I get that they want to model it off of noir,but they can't expect us to believe that a bunch of teenagers watch the same old movies that their parents did. That's so boring and for the rest of us at that age,it was torture. It makes me dislike Aria even more,because it's pretentious. It's bad enough that we're stuck with Ezra,but her whole pretentious,retro hipster thing is annoying. I can believe that Hannah watches modern movies,but Aria is a pretentious snob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Still watching the show but asking myself why...when Caleb started to talk about fireflies...I lost it. What did this show turn into.
I feel you,hon-I told myself I won't watch S6,but how they handle Mona's murder is worth watching. I think Aria will get upset,because she's probably the last person Mona opened up to and she really does like Mike.

Spencer will be disturbed,not tearful. It's stupid to expect her to react when Mona tried to kill her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Same. I watched the episode Hanna was in too. I think TPTB sunk the show before it even got started when the theme was Caleb and his ghost happily ever after. That was so utterly ridiculous. That theme was bizarre and anyone remotely liking Caleb/Hanna would not get very into it anyway. It's like TPTB really shot themselves in the foot and voluntarily shut down the show's possibilities.
Well,in all fairness,I despised Miranda. I thought she was a lying whore who stole Caleb and the story was about a mystery,not a lame idiot who ruined the Halloween episode. I got into it with a fellow PLL fan who started to piss me off when she said that there was sexual tension between Caleb and Miranda. She then went on about the possibility of Miranda coming back to life and didn't get it. I don't give a flying and even Miranda's ghost knew damn well that Caleb would never put her before Hannah. If they hadn't tried to convince Caleb fans that Miranda was likable,it would have been okay. I liked the villains and it was creepy,but I never got over how it ruined the Halloween episode. Had they introduced one of the others it would have been fine,but Miranda was a cliche main girl from a horror setting. Remy would have been much more likable and could have given the liars clues about Ali's presence.

What I don't get is why they didn't have him open up to Hannah sooner. He's been a pain in the ass most of the season,Hannah started drinking because of him and now with Mona dying,she'll be even more screwed up. As boring as Travis was,he was still a good influence. I can accept Mona's death because she died in the books and the show has become really, really dumb. Mona's death will shake things up and bring it back towards its former glory.

This season has been good,but it's also showing its age and its failings. They didn't handle Ali's return properly,it was boring and she was being this floundering,clingy loser who kept trying to control people who didn't need her anymore. She didn't actually have power,Mona and Jenna are just afraid of what dangerous stunts she'll pull. She's pissed off about not being queen bee anymore,so she's getting back at the girls.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 08-20-2014 at 04:02 PM
Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Well,in all fairness,I despised Miranda. I thought she was a lying whore who stole Caleb and the story was about a mystery,not a lame idiot who ruined the Halloween episode. I got into it with a fellow PLL fan who started to piss me off when she said that there was sexual tension between Caleb and Miranda. She then went on about the possibility of Miranda coming back to life and didn't get it. I don't give a flying and even Miranda's ghost knew damn well that Caleb would never put her before Hannah. If they hadn't tried to convince Caleb fans that Miranda was likable,it would have been okay. I liked the villains and it was creepy,but I never got over how it ruined the Halloween episode. Had they introduced one of the others it would have been fine,but Miranda was a cliche main girl from a horror setting. Remy would have been much more likable and could have given the liars clues about Ali's presence.

What I don't get is why they didn't have him open up to Hannah sooner.
Totally agree with all of this. Miranda was boring as hell. I was ok with the "we're so much a like" thing. She should have been like a little sister type but when Caleb died for a minute and they kisses I signed off.

I liked Remy too - interesting character, interesting actor.

Honestly, I'm a little worried that the existence of the fireflies at the end of the episode is a hint that some Ravenswood is coming to Rosewood and that doesn't make me happy - unless it's Remy and she doesn't bring any Ravenswood storyline with her.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDH18 (View Post)
Totally agree with all of this. Miranda was boring as hell. I was ok with the "we're so much a like" thing. She should have been like a little sister type but when Caleb died for a minute and they kisses I signed off.

I liked Remy too - interesting character, interesting actor.

Honestly, I'm a little worried that the existence of the fireflies at the end of the episode is a hint that some Ravenswood is coming to Rosewood and that doesn't make me happy - unless it's Remy and she doesn't bring any Ravenswood storyline with her.
She is the only reason I was willing to watch and survived the premiere. She was on the US version of Skins and one of the only characters I liked. Idgaf about her bf's sister and she was stupid. I didn't watch aside from the 1st and last episode,so I don't know what the fireflies meant.

I know this is cruel,but I loved how sad and hurt Miranda was when she had to watch Caleb with Hannah and Hannah talking to her in the church. Bitch,please-Like you could compete with Hannah. Grinwald didn't even try to keep Hannah away from Caeb b/c she's psychic. She knows damn well that Miranda was a distraction at best. He kissed her because of the past life confusion. As if Miranda could compete with Hannah's awesomeness

a.)Miranda has no fashion sense
b.)Miranda isn't a BAMF with great instincts
c.)Miranda needs a man to solve her problems

TPTB can be really dumb,but I feel like they learned their lesson with Ravenswood. Bringing anything back,even the emo crap will make the show suffer. They almost ruined Haleb and it would have been better if Caleb spotted Ali in Ravenswood or Grinwald saw a vision of Mona dying or Toby's house blowing up.

I'm seriously okay with Mona dying-Lucas isn't threat and all Caleb did was throw a slight wrench in her plans. Hannah would have ditched her either way, Caleb just did it for her. Only Mona and her army are a threat to Ali and not all of them have dirt she can use.

On that note,Ezra is even more boring after standing up to Ali. They should have been in cahoots and he should have yelled about them losing valuable book money. There goes your cut from my advance,Allison!