Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Intertwined [ETღSK] #102: If we can't get ET, SK watching the ep together is the next best thing!

#102;

Welcome to the Emily Fields Toby Cavanaugh Appreciation Thread
These two were an unlikely pair from the beginning. Emily, the unsure and shy girl, trying to find her place in the world and struggling for acceptance. Toby, the boy who already knew his place in the world, but was forced to live in a town where people walked to the other side of the street when they saw him coming. We get the feeling that these two were always aware of each other’s presence, but their lives converged foreverone summer night when Emily and her friends blinded Toby’s step-sister Jenna, and let Toby take the blame, making him the town pariah.

Flash forward a year. Emily is still struggling with the same insecurities as always, one of them being her sexuality. She seems to be looking for
someone to understand her and she splits herself thin between people who constantly want from her. She needs someone to save her. We watch the show and we want someone to save Emily so badly. And someone finally does. It’s Toby, the very character that she wronged not long ago. Toby continues saving her, even when she resists. She lets so many things in between them: her friends, her guilt over the night they blinded Jenna, her insecurities. With each encounter, Toby breaks down the walls that Emily spent so long building up, and makes her more comfortable with who she is. And she makes him realize in turn that he is worth being loved and protected.

Though their storylines may diverge, Emily and Toby are two characters that are not easily forgotten. Their secret smiles, eye contact, impromptu dance lessons, and hand-holding will continue to make our hearts flutter. But the most important entity that Emily and Toby have together is a deep understanding and acceptance of each other. It is an i n e x p l i c a b l e b o n d that can not be broken, no matter the time or distance. They understand each other, and we understand that no matter where they go, they will always find their way back to each other.

Emily does have feelings for Toby. There’s something – the two of them, the first time they got on screen. We cast an unknown for Toby – Shay was a bit of an unknown, too – who was a pretty seminal character in the book. They both are very halting, and shy, in real life to some degree and they had a lovely, halting chemistry of who’s going to fill the silence first, and meet each other’s eyes. They both were like still waters, where it feels like something else is happening.We ended up realizing they could be soulmates, these two.
~Oliver Goldstick

"It is pretty lame. But y o u ' r e n o t."

Emily felt a huge tug of regret. She didn’t want Toby to be Ali’s
killer. The sweet way he’d helped her out of his car, how he’d
defended her in front of Ben, how lost and vulnerable he’d
looked when Emily glanced at him, standing alone on the
Foxy dance floor. Maybe he really was sorry for what he’d
done. Maybe he’d just been confused.
~Sara Shephard (Flawless)

1-150
151. nicky83
152. Jemistry
153. phoemster
154. Guinevere
155. jayta
156. marins
157. Giuly
158. nileyfan1
159. ricky_underwoodxXx
160. Heroes.Mel
161. -Glena-
162.daneeollie
163. Queen J & The Dark Prince
164. greenfiend
165. Pan
166. secrets.
167. Soft Shock
168. blg06
169. Jlw43081
170. yummyricky
171. ELJCJ
172. nicholai
173. FallBackDown
174. insertusernamehere
175. shipperFan
176. padfootsprincess02
177. HaleyJamesFan
178. Auti3luvsU
179. JeRoMe
180. sethamgal
181. Kisara
182. lemonmouse
183. Nde
184.leytonisheaven
185. coolhan08
186. FairytaleScenes
187. H.ardC.ore
188. MPFan09
189. Angelic.Demon
190. Chastidy
191. anjelia
192. 3words8letters
193. Sabrina
194. xkellyx
195. just
196. EndlessღLove
197. chairdelenaradrian
198. NJHForeverandAlways
199. free to fly
200. Cindy ღ

Toby parked the car and pulled Emily’s bike
out of the trunk.As she took the handlebars
from him, their fingers touched. A little spark
went through her. Toby looked at Emily for a
moment, and she looked down at the sidewalk.

I n Our Words;

I love them for SO many reasons. Some crazy ones, such as the fact that their initials are ET, like that weird alien. But the very first reason I was intrigued by them was their chemistry. When we got to see more of them, I kept loving them more and more. I squeal every time they had one of their cutely awkward conversations, and their inexplicable bond became one of my favorite parts of the show. She’s one of the very few people who he trusts and who he really lets in. He’ll always be there for her, and he understands her in a way that even her friends don’t. He himself is totally misunderstood by most people, and she’s the only one who bothered to try to understand him, who believes in him and defends him. They have potential to be those people that know each other better than anyone else and at the end of the day, will always come back to each other. They’re totally the little ship that could.
~Fall Out Girl <3 (Monica)
I ship Emily and Toby because they’re a really unique pairing. I like how they are able to draw us in and keep us intrigued even with very little screen time. I enjoy how they’re getting to know each other and how their relationship is growing naturally. They care for each other in a very soft, tentative way, yet it feels like they care very deeply; there’s an understanding of each other that they share and no one else does. It’s like their true selves shine through when they’re around each other, selves they can’t show anyone else.
~Androthiel (Kim)
“Different’s good, I like different” – that pretty much says it all. E/T are not your ordinary ship. They are different and unique and special and that’s what I love about them. Both of them feel like they don’t fit in, like they are outsiders. And they are the only ones who understand and accept each other without judgment. I love how they trust and confide in each other, how Toby makes Emily feel like it’s okay to be herself, listens to her, doesn’t pressure or judge her. In turn, she makes him smile and happy, lets him in and doesn’t care about his ‘creepy’ reputation but instead about who he really is behind all that. Not to mention that they are extremely adorable and have tons of chemistry.
~mesmerized (Anna)
Emily and Toby are misunderstood, deep, lonely individuals that don't fit in anywhere; yet they fit together perfectly. That’s why I love ET. They aren't you're usual popular or cliché couple. There's drama, lies and secrets between each in their personal lives, yet when they come together there's this silent understanding and acceptance. Toby is the only one who gets Emily and Emily doesn’t judge Toby. She makes him smile and he makes her feel like it's ok to be different. "Different is good. I like different." They have the ability to be such an amazing couple. The best relationships start off with friendship. The future is endless with them!
~++Audrina++ (Audrina)

" D i f f e r e n t ' s good. I like different."

One of the reasons why I love ET together is because they really understand each other. They have an emotional and mental connection. Toby understands what she's going through and he's always willing to talk about it with her. And even though at first Emily tried to stop herself from getting close to him, they really became fast friends. But besides that, they have amazing chemistry and I love the slow buildup we are getting. All I can say is that I think ET will really follow the pattern of 'best friends falling in love.'
~Endless Obsession (Hannah)
Ironically, I have to thank Maya for these two. The moment she asked Emily who Toby was, I got this wonderful inkling that the writers would maybe explore these two. Since the very first interaction between the two in the locker room, I was a total shipper. The conversation on the street sold me completely and utterly. They have a complete understanding about each other, something that doesn’t even need to be spoken. Toby gets Emily, and they both accept each other for who the other is. There’s something very special about kindred souls, and these two are just that. In their quiet, understanding adorkable way, between a locker room and a chemistry lab, these two have managed to sneak into my heart and plant themselves there.
~PaperGirl (Anna)
Aristotle once said that soul mates are the same soul put in two bodies. To me, that’s what Emily and Toby are. They are soul mates, but not in the cheesy conventional sense. A soul mate is so much more than a romantic partner. A soul mate is someone who gets you when you don’t even speak, and a person that you don’t have to tell how you’re feeling because they already know. That is what Emily and Toby have together. They both feel like they are outcasts in a town that they are struggling to find acceptance in. But they find acceptance in each other. That to me is why Emily and Toby have something so much bigger than just a romance, and something so much more meaningful.
~Static Waves (Tammi)
It's hard to put into words why I love ET so much... I guess it started small and turned into something bigger. At first I wasn't sure because the whole locker room saving thing was a bit weird and I'd heard that in the books things didn't end so well for them. But as time passed and I had a chance to think about it, I really couldn't help myself because they're just too cute/sweet together in that nobody else really seems to get them but they do. All I can hope is that with everything positive that has happened so far somewhere down the road they might actually get a chance to be together.
~red velvet (Chrissy)

" Something I m a d e for you ."

At first Toby and Emily are both misfits for different reasons. But somehow it just happens that they fit each other perfectly. They seem to bring each other something strong that they can't find anywhere else (even if some scarf would like to make us believe the contrary). That's the reason I love them. Well, that and the fact that I can imagine them running in slow-motion without them looking ridiculous.
~CarooolineB
When I first watched the show, and I saw their first scene together, I thought they were so adorable together. I love how they make each smile. The mix tape scene was my favorite because it was so adorable since they made mix tapes for each other and bonded over music. The other scene that is my favorite is the Homecoming dance because the hand holding part is so amazing. I can't wait to see more scenes of them getting closer and becoming a couple because they would be amazing and cute.
~Sweetgirl465
On paper, they are so wrong. He’s the lone outsider who’s known falsely around the school as the guy who burned down the garage with his stepsister in it. She on the other hand is the pretty, popular girl who’s secretly struggling with who she is. When they met, it was as if their souls had recognized each other---he could read her secrets and she could read his pain. Emily and Toby find in each other what they can’t find in anyone else---acceptance, understanding, and someone to share the latest Circa Survive CD with. Although they are not together right now, I believe that it is only a matter of time before Emily falls in love with him, and his attraction to her becomes something more. Because what they have---usually only comes once in a lifetime.
~Sharstarz07
They are so cute. I love how that Toby saved her from Ben just because he did not like that he was hurting her. I also love how he wants to know that it ok that he is her chem partner and that she does not have a problem with it. I love how Toby and Emily can talk to each other so easily. I love that they have the same taste in music and they each downloaded a cd for the other one.
~lisagslack14

" F o r g e t the idiots."

I've shipped Emily and Toby since their first interaction because I think that they are similar but so different which gives their relationship even more complexity. I can't wait to see more scenes of them getting closer, and finally becoming a couple.
~nanou31
Ever since I started watching Pretty Little Liars, I’ve been searching to find my favorite couple. But after episode 3, I was sure Emily/Toby were the cutest. It was because of the mystery behind them both. The fact that she was the one who got him to open up a little bit about himself made me feel like this budding friendship was certainly going to become closer. Then episode 4 happened. The mix CDs and the lab scenes were significantly a symbol of their understandings of each other. They are the misfits!
~DUHsoTK (Teresa)
I ship Emily & Toby for many reasons. One of the most important aspects of their relationship is that they understand each other. They are both lost in a world of
unfamiliar challenges, but they comfort each other within that & know they have each other's backs. Emily never doubts to come to Toby's defense when he's in trouble. Even when her best friends were calling Toby 'A' and saying that he killed Ali, Emily would not allow herself to truly believe it. It's because of her love for him that she pushes everything aside. No matter what happens between these two, the love they share will never fade. Toby is also not afraid to be himself around Emily. Even though
Toby has a dark past, he wants to be the one to tell Emily what really happened. He doesn't try to hide it. He would rather her know the truth and hate him then having her hear about it from someone else. They want the best for one another and even though they say "I'm sorry" a lot, what they really mean is that they are closer than they ever expected to be.
~XxHayXx0

"T h a n k y o u . "

Their relationship continues. I mean he's such an amazing guy. He just really helped Emily.
He just made her feel comfortable to be who she was. He is a very important part and he'll be sticking around.
~Shay Mitchell

I think that Toby definitely has feelings
for Emily. We'll see how their friendship goes.
~Keegan Allen

S eason 1 Moments;

S eason 2 Moments;

We wanted Emily and Toby to have an interesting relationship but the chemistry there was a great surprise.
~Marlene King

"Emily, don't you s h u t me out too."

Emily giggled, and something inside her began to thaw. Toby seemed sort of…normal. And nice.

O ur Favorite Moments;

Toby: You know, they’re showing a Fritz Lang double feature at Rosewood Cinema tonight.
If we leave now, we’ll only miss the credits.
Emily: I.. might be a little overdressed.
Toby: This may sound stupid, but.. I’ve never been to one of these things before.
Emily: What are you so nervous about? Meeting up with my friends.
Toby: Who think I’m a freak.
Emily: Not all of them. I mean.. they’ll get over it. Because they want me to be happy.
It’s just a party. You know, if we get hungry, we eat some chips, have some punch...
Toby: Punch, really? Are we gonna jitterbug, too?
Emily: You don’t have to dance.
Toby: Good, ‘cause I, I don’t.
Emily: Okay, so, how ‘bout you stand there and do this.. [does a little dance, which Toby mimics]
... and I’ll dance around you.[both laugh]
Toby: I think I’d rather drink the punch.
Emily: Okay. [takes Toby’s hand]
1x06, There’s No Place Like Homecoming

Oh and i wanna remember this night
And how my words never came out right
It's just my patience that keeps me alive
Just like all those pretty lights
Just like all those pretty lights in the sky.
1x05, Reality Bites Me
[Enter into Homecoming hand in hand]
1x06, There’s No Place Like Homecoming
Emily: I'm sorry
Toby: There's nothing to be sorry about.
Emily: Actually there is. I let you down when I thought
you hurt Alison. You didn't deserve that.
Toby: It's history, ok?
Emily: I never told anyone, but I always knew I was different.
Toby: You are. That's what's so great about you.
Emily: I got so great at hiding it... but you saw it.
Toby: I saw the way you looked at Maya... you loved her.
Emily: I miss talking to you. I feel like I'm leaving four friends now.
Toby: Emily, do you see how easy it was to get back
to this place? It'll always be like that.
2x01, It's Alive

Emily: Hi, Spencer wanted me to drop off your french book.
Toby: Any reason she didn't want to?
Emily: No. Not at all. I practically snatched it out of her hand. I wanted to.
Toby: I should be on your porch. I found out who turned me in. It was Jenna.
Her way of keeping me close to home.
Emily: Well, no one can do that now. It must feel good knowing you can ride that whenever you want.
Toby: It'll feel even better when I can get it to move.
Emily: So I was thinking, maybe we could go out sometime and celebrate now that this is over?
Toby: What happened to Maya?
Emily: I mean, celebrate as friends. Breakfast or something?
Toby: I like breakfast.
1x18, The Badass Seed

S hay Mitchell and K eegan Allen

Shay Mitchell was born on April 10, 1987 in Toronto, Ontario. Ever since she was small she aspired to be an actress. By the age of five, Shay was touring the city with a dance school, and at ten she and her family moved out west, to Vancouver. Soon, Shay was signed on with an international modeling agency and began modeling when she was around 15, traveling around the world, completing her schooling in Thailand and Hong Kong. She returned to Toronto to focus on her acting and booked guest roles on Degrassi and in theatre. Shay’s big break came when she auditioned for the ABC Family hit show Pretty Little Liars and was casted as Emily Fields.
Keegan Allen began his career in 2002 in Small Emergencies. In 2010, he appeared on the Nickolodeon show Big Tim Rush. His big break came when he was cast in the role of Toby Cavanaugh in the ABC Family hit show Pretty Little Liars. As to why there isn’t much information about him, Keegan admits he’s a little superstitious about promoting himself! He loves to go to the beach and skateboard.

Shay: "Keegan is honestly the bestest person ever!"
Keegan: "Shay made it really easy from day one. Shay came right up to me, and we instantly clicked. She’s made it very easy, very open, and she’s a really good friend so we built a great foundation and have been building on that."

Keegan: “Shay is my role model!"
Shay: "Oh shush!"
Keegan: @shaymitch Will you go to HOMECOMING with me? and dance and dance and dance and dance and dance and dance?
Shay: @KeeganAllen I'll go to homecoming with you!!! Oh wait, I already am! haha....
Shay: “Keegan and I go on dates all the time!"
Keegan: “Always. It’s always romance. That’s what I love about hanging out with Shannon."
Keegan: "I think the best thing about Shay is that she’s like the positive light that guides me.”
Shay: “Whoa that’s so sweet!”
Keegan: “I got a text today from my friend that was like are you Sheegan? Are you part of this insanity?”

1. ET holding hands in the school hallways
2. Emily thanking Toby for taking her to the hospital
3. Emily telling Toby he is the only one who understands her
4. Emily bringing Toby chicken soup when he is sick
5. Emily choosing Toby over the other PLLs.
6. Toby getting jealous over EM.
7. Toby comforting Emily when she is crying.
8. Emily defending Toby to her parents.
9. Toby cheering Emily on at a swim meet.
10. ET going to a concert together.
11. More mix CDs.
12. More dancing lessons.
13. Emily visiting him in jail
14. Toby getting a haircut.

{All That I'm Asking For Lifehouse} by aCandyMenProduction
{boadicea enya} by rup62 [caroline]
{Breathe In, Breathe Out Mat Kearney} by rup62 [Caroline]
{Canto III Red} by Fridaydayy
{colorblind counting crows} by greyskiesproduction
{fix you coldplay} by SerendipitalAmity - tweeted by Keegan
{i see you mika} by sparkfadingspark
{I see you Mika} by LifeIsWorthFighting
{Iris The Goo Goo Dolls} by kmlovesjb
{love song requiem trading yesterday} by psawyer20 [isabel]
{On Fire Switchfoot} by ButtnJamz323
{outside staind} by psawyer20 [isabel]
{space bound eminem} by greyskiesproduction
{stolen dashboard confessional} by sparkfadingspark
{strange beautiful aqualung} by InspiresProductions
{whataya want from me Adam Lambert } by jtmbb7
{Wicked Game Giant Drag} by greenfiend06
{X & Y coldplay} by psawyer20 [isabel]
{your love is a song switchfoot} by psawyer20 [isabel]

F uture T itles;
Because deep down, she knows he is always there for her.
Who's to say that we're not good together, cause who are they anyway?
I came here with a load and it feels so much lighter now I met you.

S cenes of the Moment;

Last edited by Static Waves; 02-21-2013 at 01:26 PM
Old 08-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Tftnt!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 08-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Tftnt!
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Nde
Loyal Fan

YEAH NEW THREAD <333

padfootsprincess02 I got a feeling they did sleepover lalalalala
Old 08-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

tftnt!

bless you for remembering the 'intertwined', tamm
Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Out Girl <3 (View Post)
bless you for remembering the 'intertwined', tamm
I remember everything with these two
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

These two are too epic to be forgotten
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

102 threads of not forgetting
Old 08-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Yes!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 08-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!

Chrissy |
Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love that we still have almost double other threads
Old 08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

The power of ET!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

they really do have something special for us to love them this much
Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
102 threads of not forgetting
perfectly put future title tbh
Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

delusionally not forgetful