Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by timehealsall (View Post)
but for Melissa to look credible and telling the truth, the pregnancy would have to look more real. IDK, I just know she's up to something and her eating that toffee ice cream was a bit creepy
Yup, for me, her pregnancy must be true, but indeed, the thing that she asked for that toffee ice-cream is a little creepy. Is it heathy and sound for a woman to eat anything icy like that during her pregnancy? OK, now just imagine: on June 5th, s03e01 finally comes out, starting with a harsh female voice "Previously, on Pretty Little Liars", and then the first flashback settles in a kitchen, where Melissa randomly pointed at a cup of Toffee ice-cream and curiously asked Aria: "Can I eat that? ---Thanks~Hmmm..." guess what kind of story will be linked to it?

By the way, as I mentioned below, Jackie might be Ms. Black Swan. Notwithstanding of the fact that she matches all physical characteristics and seeks revenge on Aria, the possibilty is low.

Last edited by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus; 03-26-2012 at 01:31 AM
Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

but I don't see Jackie having any involvement in A
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but I don't see Jackie having any involvement in A
That's why I said that the possibility for her being Ms. Black Swan is pretty low. If Jackie has been long gone for good, it must be a new character for season 3.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

well since the girls think A is gone because Mona was exposed, they're now onto finding out who the Black Swan is
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just know she's up to something and her eating that toffee ice cream was a bit creepy
Until Mona talked about her toffee lipstick, what stood out for me in this scene with Melissa and the liars was how much it validated her pregnancy. For the first time, she seemed like a woman who was actually pregnant - having cravings and liking things she normally wouldn't. Yes, she's still creepy, and, yes, she was definitely making a point to the liars, but the ice cream bit reinforced for me the fact that Melissa really is preggers.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oy_humbug (View Post)
Until Mona talked about her toffee lipstick, what stood out for me in this scene with Melissa and the liars was how much it validated her pregnancy. For the first time, she seemed like a woman who was actually pregnant - having cravings and liking things she normally wouldn't. Yes, she's still creepy, and, yes, she was definitely making a point to the liars, but the ice cream bit reinforced for me the fact that Melissa really is preggers.
This.

I don't really get the "toffee" connection, tbh. I mean, I just don't see it. It just smacks of being a red herring.
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

there probably is a connection somewhere down the road. Toffee is not something that two girls who are suspected to be connected as I would see as normal.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think it's some huge connection really. Mona mentioned toffee tango, Melissa said toffee was good. It wasn't even her that said toffee, it was Aria. I just never saw it as that important. Maybe if Mona had just said toffee I'd be a little more suspicious about it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it's just one of those things to kind of watch out for, especially with Mona being A and then Melissa having a connection to Ali's murder
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

idk red herring or not, it was creepy.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

PLL has the special talent of making everything so creepy! I will never be able to look at Toffee the same way again
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 03-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

I didn't take it as some connection between Mona and Melissa or Melissa and Team A, especially because it was originally Aria's ice cream; what I thought was that maybe Mona purposefully picked that lipstick because it had toffee in its name, knowing that Aria liked toffee flavored things. While I know that Aria wasn't the liar she admired the most, Mona's hate was all based upon jealousy, and often jealousy is a manifestation of someone's admiration from afar. Yes, Mona hated the liars, but, at one point, she wanted to be a member of their group. She would have done anything, said anything, become anything - including molding herself into a different person - in order to impress Alison and her friends... including Aria. To me, everything we know about Mona was a creation. We have no idea who she really is yet, because she's been so warped by her obsession with the girls. Yes, lipstick color is insignificant... to everyone except for A.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How can I have not noticed how alike these two look before? That's great casting.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
How can I have not noticed how alike these two look before? That's great casting.
Google Charisma Capenter and Alexandra Chando, the actresses respectively playing the birth mother and adopted twins in The Lying Game, you will learn how good ABCF is at that. It's not a big deal.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
And then if you through in the casting of Melissa into the mix, it's even better casting, imo

Chrissy |
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top