Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It's kind of sad that she has to make her move now because her sight is failing
I hate that her sight is failing. Yeah, Jenna hasn't been the nicest person. But her sight was taken away from her instantly and she gets it back only to be taken away again? Is it some cruel joke? idk, I just wish she could keep it. I kind of feel for her
Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom to believe (View Post)
I hate that her sight is failing. Yeah, Jenna hasn't been the nicest person. But her sight was taken away from her instantly and she gets it back only to be taken away again? Is it some cruel joke? idk, I just wish she could keep it. I kind of feel for her
In the end she could be revealed as either "good" OR "bad",or somewhere in between but I think in a strange but very real way Jenna has always maintained a certain sympathy.Maybe she can be cool,cynical,even ruthless,yet she has these...moments.Sometimes she lets down her defences for a moment and you see her as a human being,not a monster.She's complex,pained,and she can go from making you shudder to making you misty at the drop of a hat.Some of that is in the writing but a lot of that is from Tammin Sursok.She's made Jenna into that rarity,a "villain" with a heart.

Last edited by Geo H.; 04-11-2013 at 12:23 AM
Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think what I like about Jenna, is that the things she does can be considered horrible, but if you really think about it, she never really does anything that can't be justified. I love that about her. She's not a villain, because she really only responds in most cases, but she's not exactly good either, because she doesn't respond in the best ways.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom to believe (View Post)
Yeah, I definitely feel bad for her. Poor Jenna, it seems like she can never catch a break on this show.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I feel really bad for her too. Losing my sight is like one of my biggest fears, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And she doesn't deserve it, especially considering how everything happened. It's so cruel that she got better, only to get worse again.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think for me at least, she's just going to become more sympathetic, no matter what she's doing.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-12-2013, 03:00 AM
Passionate Fan

It's not unheard of for someone who has been blinded to have their sight restored only to lose it again,Annie Sullivan(Helen Keller's teacher) did. (By the way,PLL's Dr. Sullivan's name is "Anne",always made me wonder if they would ever tie her in with Jenna,just a thought.).The idea of Jenna having this emergence from darkness only to slowly decend back into it I think is intriguing.For one it will give her a DIFFERENT "blind perspective".Before, she lost her sight in a horrific,painful flash,a sudden shock followed by panic and dread (really would like to see some flashbacks of Jenna in the hospital,her reaction to the news etc.)Now she will literally "see it coming",a slow fade out.She had a reprieve but now the darkness is coming back.What will her reaction be,will it be rage or acceptance,will she succumb to the darkness inside her or make peace with her fate? The girl was WRONGED,but will she DO wrong in order to pay back her enemies.Has Jenna ever REALLY been "evil"? There's a lot of potential there.

I also have to reitterate how much work Tammin Sursok did to play a sightless character.She studied at the Braille Institute to learn to properly walk with a cane and handle all the computer and mechanical gear that was available for blind users.She knows how to read Braille ! She handled a guide dog and spent a great deal of time with actual blind students,and she did all this BLINDFOLDED.On set,behind her glasses,in most scenes (when you cannot see her eyes through the lenses) ,her eyes are SHUT,she actually CAN'T see.She learned how to hit her marks by memory,pacing them out,and remembering all that AND all that technique she STILL has to remember and deliver all of that dialogue.It's truly an underrated performance.Happily Sursok seems to LOVE the role.

Jenna being blind again I think allows the show to deal (finally) with the girls sense of guilt regarding Jenna.Though they didn't intend to,they took part in her blinding and they all WILLINGLY went along with a coverup that sent Toby to Juvie.They have never apologized to Jenna for this and they SHOULD.Her being able to see again momentarilly "let them off the hook".At this point it looks like they will finally have to deal with this.I REALLY wanna see that.Can they actually apologize (to the girl they HATE) for blinding her and can she accept the apology of the friends of the girl who cruelly changed her life forever ? That's something worth seeing !

Last edited by Geo H.; 04-14-2013 at 11:42 PM
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd like to see them finally own up and apologise. They've shown that they feel bad over what they did to Toby and everything, but in a way, Toby at least got some of his life back, even if it wasn't the same. Jenna thought she'd got it back, and now it's being cruelly snatched away again and I think the liars need to acknowledge this is partially down to them and they need to at least apologise.

Quote:
I also have to reitterate how much work Tammin Sursok did to play a sightless character.She studied at the Braille Institute to learn to properly walk with a cane and handle all the computer and mechanical gear that was available for blind users.She knows how to read Braille ! She handled a guide dog and spent a great deal of time with actual blind students,and she did all this BLINDFOLDED.On set,behind her glasses,in most scenes (when you cannot see her eyes through the lenses) ,her eyes are SHUT,she actually CAN'T see.She learned how to hit her marks by memory,pacing them out,and remembering all that AND all that technique she STILL has to remember and deliver all of that dialogue.
I didn't know any of that, that is seriously amazing. So much dedication and effort to do the character justice. So impressed by this.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

^ Me too. No matter how bad Jenna is, they still did something really awful to her, and they never really said sorry. I also hope that she doesn't lose her sight again.

Wow I had no idea about that either, that's so impressive. Tammin is really amazing for being so dedicated, and all of her hard work shows on her performances, for sure. She's amazing as Jenna.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the liars need to take responsibility not just for Jenna, but for themselves too. Jenna deserves it, but keeping something like that and living with the guilt can't be good for them.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I think the liars need to take responsibility not just for Jenna, but for themselves too. Jenna deserves it, but keeping something like that and living with the guilt can't be good for them.
I think -A is like a physical personification of their own guilt.They will never be free until they come clean.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. If they keep on keeping these secrets, -A will continue to have ammunition to use against them. The only way they can make the Jenna thing 'go away' to even the smallest extent is to come clean. Maybe if they did, Jenna wouldn't be so vengeful, because she'd see that they realise that they were wrong to not stop it when they could have

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The only way they can make the Jenna thing 'go away' to even the smallest extent is to come clean. Maybe if they did, Jenna wouldn't be so vengeful, because she'd see that they realise that they were wrong to not stop it when they could have
Agreed.The girls can't "take it back" or "make it go away" but if they could truly TRY to show that they were sorry,to try to make amends for what they did (and FAILED to do) they might make peace with Jenna yet.I suspect she isn't behind as much of the stuff against them as they think she is and "The Jenna Thing" is just acting as a wall between them. They'll never have peace between them if they don't try to make things right (or as right as they can be,anyway).They may find Jenna more receptive than they think.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the issue comes from them seeing Jenna as the bad guy. As long as they think she is in the wrong, they have some weak justification of what they did in their heads that stops them from doing the right thing. If they realised that she wasn't responsible for a lot of what is going on, that justification would go away, and I think that would make them more likely to take responsibility for what they did, to Jenna at least, even if not to anyone else.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

IA with all your points, Leigh.
S T A R D U S T