Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am English and love that our tv shows have no problem casting whoever does the best job regardless of the colour of their skin I couldn't imagine anyone else doing a better job of playing Gwen as Angel. She is so talented and I love all her scenes I especially love how she portrays her emotions when Gwen cry's it is so heartbreaking to watch Angel does an amazing job.

As for the triangle this telling of the story is so different to the other legends, for one they have Guinevere as a Maid to Morgana and in legends she is a lady betrothed to Arthur. Gwen has a choice in Merlin and she chose Arthur as that is where her heart truly lies.

S4 is going so well and I love the character building they are doing for Gwen they are building her storyline up which I am so pleased about
Old 10-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDoren (View Post)
Well its purely speculation on my part in regards to Merlin. The UK is light-years ahead of US in this area that said I've seen racism in both UK and US fandoms very recently. There was some very strong race based hatred aimed at Freema Ageyman during her Dr. Who stint and don't get me started on True Blood.
You are absolutely right. Merlin definitely has its issues with racism in the fandom, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen such racist venom as I’ve seen in the True Blood fandom. Yikes.

Quote:
Sometimes male actors also get weird about romantic leads or what they perceive as being an overly strong reaction from female fandom. Roger Howarth was totally freaked out by female reaction to his character on One Life to Live.
This is an excellent point. This could also be another reason why Bradley steers clear of the Arthur/Gwen discussion or when he does comment he says something that’s completely off the wall and oftentimes offends some in the fanbase. He doesn’t want to encourage the overzealous fans of the pairing and/or he doesn’t want to encourage speculation that there is something romantic between him and Angel by praising the fictional pairing too much. In recent interviews even Angel sometimes seems to become a little exasperated when asked about Arthur/Gwen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merthurwen (View Post)
Yeah except in some interview he did he was going on about how much fun it was to do 3x6 (no swordplay) and according to something I read(tv.com) he tweeted that 3x10 was his least favorite. So I don't really think it's the swordplay v foreplay thing. Not to mention if his goal is major motion pictures, being seen as a romantic lead is a great gateway. It's just weird.
I remember reading about the 3x10 vs 3x8 debacle. Actually 3x10 (Queen of Hearts) was filmed and originally supposed to air as 3x8. Therefore 3x8 (The Eye of the Phoenix) was supposed to air as 3x10. When Bradley tweeted about 3x10 being his favorite episode he really meant The Eye of the Phoenix not Queen of Hearts. I do agree though, if his plan is to make it in Hollywood he will need to embrace his inner romantic lead.
Quote:
They seem to be great friends and I don't think it's race but when all's said and done he does a great job on screen and the rest is just kinda fun to speculate about.
Exactly. I think he and Angel do an awesome job at making me believe in their characters and at the end of the day that’s all that matters to me. Though I do enjoy speculating too.

Emma - Well said. I totally agree.

Experience the Legacy
Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Angel and Bradley both do an amazing job making their characters believable and making them love the pair so much

Thank ursa major It is so great to see Gwen getting scenes by herself and becoming the Queen we know she'll be one day
Old 10-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't stop re watching this scene and laughing at the faces Angel makes.

EVIL SMIRKS ARE MADE OF WIN
Old 10-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Aw beautiful gifs. That would've been me if I were Gwen too. Loved the faces she was making. Notice how she really couldn't watch. It looked like she'd only look up after she heard the knife hit the board, meaning it had missed Arthur.

Experience the Legacy
Old 10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love those gifs she didn't know what to do or where to look when those knives where being thrown at Arthur she was holding her breath and then that sigh of relief when it was all over and he was ok!

Angel was brilliant as always. She portrays so much with just a look
Old 10-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ursa Major where are you watching Merlin?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDoren (View Post)
Ursa Major where are you watching Merlin?
All three seasons, along with new episodes from Series 4 can be watched for free at the following:

Experience the Legacy

Last edited by sharmans; 10-18-2011 at 12:39 PM Reason: illegal links to watch and download Merlin
Old 10-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you. Finding episodes on megavideo only was beyond frustrating.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome

Just an FYI, Torrent takes several hours to make the new episodes available. Watch_Series and TVLinks have the new episodes up within 2-3 hours after airing on BBC1. Personally, I tend to like TVLinks a little better. I've had minimal issues with buffering and they look to get the episodes up quicker than the other sites.

Experience the Legacy
Old 10-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Guinevere trying to be calm and supportive of Arthur's idiotic behavior - being a target on the knife board.

I wonder what's next for Angel now that they are done filming Series 4. I know that she said on SFTW that she's of course looking for work. Hopefully, she get something between seasons this year.

Source

Experience the Legacy
Old 10-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

It would be great to see her in something else. She really seems interested in theater but I'd love to see her in a major motion. BTW I read on tv.com that Bradley has signed on for a new project. Sorry didn't mean to quote the picture...sorry.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love that gif she does try to be supportive of Arthur even his dangerous choices like being a target on a knife board

I would love to see Angel in another tv or movie project and if she did do theatre work between filming Merlin I would try my hardest to get tickets to what she was doing
Old 10-19-2011, 03:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Like merthurwen said it seems like she's really interested in doing some theater work, which is great. Being that it's a live performance, it'd be a wonderful way for her to continue to hone her are already great acting ability.

For selfish reasons, I'd like to see her do another film or tv project during the hiatus. At least I'd have an opportunity to see it which wouldn't be the case if she did theater work since I live in the US.

Experience the Legacy
Old 10-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Extreme Fan

So the other sites are buzzing about the release of the script for 4x3. Apparently there were some very poignant scenes for Guinevere in the episode that were cut.

Summary of cut scenes:

Quote:
Scene 6: Gwen wishes him happy birthday, they share an affectionate smile and Arthur stares after her with puppy dog eyes
Scene 10: Arthur gives Gwen a reassuring look before he is strapped to the board
Scene 19: Gwen holds Arthur while Uther is dying
Scene 23: Extended version of the "I do it for you" scene in which Gwen says she'll always be there for him
Scene 40: Arthur decides to confide in Gwen about his plan to use magic
Scene 43: Gwen's reaction to Arthur telling her about his plan to use magic. Arthur values her opinion. Gwen says her father would still be alive if it weren't for sorcery but encourages him to follow his instincts

Scene 54: Gwen places a comforting hand on Arthur's shoulder
Scene 65: Gwen and Arthur share a poignant look during the coronation
Source

The bolded scenes are the ones I'm miffed about being cut. As viewers and fans of Guinevere, many of us have been waiting years to see what Gwen thinks of magic. For it to be cut in an episode about legalizing magic etc, is baffling. I know that the center of the show is Merlin and his relationship with Arthur, but it wouldn't have taken anything away from Merlin and Arthur's interactions if we'd gotten a few seconds of Gwen being asked an opinion and giving it which is so rare on this show.

Experience the Legacy

Last edited by ursa major; 10-20-2011 at 03:39 AM