Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

She seems to be an amazing person. Very self contained and earthy add to that her striking beauty and sexy voice and you have almost a perfect angel.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes. Angel does seems very independent and full of life. As tammy said upthread I enjoyed hearing about her brother and her story about cooking with her grandmother. She said that was just apart of her upbringing everyone knowing how to cook. We usually get so little about Angel's personal life. One thing because she is very private and another because she's always being asked the same questions over and over about Merlin. However, I thought her interview on SFTW was someone refreshing because it didn't focus so much on Merlin.

Experience the Legacy
Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thats good to hear I am looking forward to watching her interview and that they asked questions about Angel not just Merlin

merthurwen - I love what you said about Angel it's so true
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah I loved hearing about her personal life, was quite refreshing 2 more days guys and we get a new season. A new digital spy interview came out today and she talks about Arthur, Lancelot, Agravaine and Elyan. Contains some spoilers and some of my speculations are coming through.

2011 / DS / SP / Ads

Link should take you to the interview.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for that link tammy It was great to hear what Angel had to say about Gwen and the show
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the link Tammy. Per usual Angel was lovely. Very gracious and generous in her comments regarding her cast mates. Just love her.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know she is such a lovely and kind person
Old 10-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Did you see the knights today. So funny, Rupert said some of the fans come dressed as Gwen how funny is that? I really love how when you see the photos from the filming Angel always seems to be smiling, laughing regardless of who she's with.

I get the feeling that she's one of those rare people who just seems to be innately joyful.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Angel is innately joyful it would seem she gets on with everyone

That is so cool that people come dressed as Gwen
Old 10-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Angel did great in the few scenes she had. I don't know if it's just me, but she definitely seems to be playing Gwen with more command. I'm disappointed that she was left out of the new opening credits save for the her kiss with Arthur which wasn't a front on shot like everyone else got.

Anyway, I'm so glad that Gwen is only taking care of Uther for Arthur. I hope that we'll get more scenes with her taking care of him, maybe with Uther not being so out of it. It would be interesting to see how Gwen would respond to a sick, yet coherent Uther.

Experience the Legacy
Old 10-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gwen was amazing she did seem to play her with more command and Angel showed Gwen's strength more. I loved her scenes with Arthur and looking after Uther. I hope we see more scenes like that and how Uther reacts to her and what she might say to him.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Loyal Fan

is just me or she looks younger? she is so beautifulllll Imo she is the most beautful gwen I ever saw.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yep. She is such a natural beauty. She had on a bit more makeup last night but she so didn't need it. She is just striking.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabo (View Post)
is just me or she looks younger? she is so beautifulllll Imo she is the most beautful gwen I ever saw.
Yes. She did look younger. Actually she was glowing.

Regarding Gwen, I've seen some comments where people thought she was cold to Lancelot last night by asking him to look after Arthur.

Honestly, I didn't see how that was cold. Lancelot is the best knight Arthur has. He's the only one whose beat him in "battle." So why not ask him to take special care in looking after Arthur? He's shown that he has the best skill to do it. And as far as their past goes, it's been several years since their "relationship" that never was. Not to mention that he's witnessed them kiss on more than one occasion and have been living amongst Arthur/Gwen - the couple for a year. I'm thinking she's probably thinking what they "had" has long been water under the bridge. So she wouldn't feel the need to tiptoe around her feelings for Arthur.

I know some have said she could've at least told Lancelot to take care of himself after making the request about Arthur. But I think she did the right thing by saying nothing of the sort to him. The way Lancelot was smiling when she walked up, I think any words from her expressing that he take care would encourage feelings from him that she can't reciprocate.

Experience the Legacy

Last edited by ursa major; 10-02-2011 at 07:34 PM
Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa major (View Post)
Regarding Gwen, I've seen some comments where people thought she was cold to Lancelot last night by asking him to look after Arthur.

Not to worry. I'm sure those are the same people who complain about everything Gwen/Arwen/Angel. You can't have failed to have noticed all the talk about the triangle that popped up around the net. The real problem for them is that a third of the triangle pretty basically asked a third (whom would die for her what, a hundred times) to ensure the safe return of the third that is her heart. Doesn't really make for much of a triangle.

I'm not saying I know what will happen in this show but I do know that there doesn't have to be an affair. I've said many times that this Gwen is not the Gwen of popular legend but neither is this Arthur. Chretien de Troyes' Arthur was more like Uther (sans the hatred of magic) than the Welsh King Arthur. He not only introduced a French knight to turn the king into a cuckold but he also neutered the King and made Lancelot the center of the story.

Our Merlin team has reclaimed the Welsh King and made him the hero of the tale...maybe they are reclaiming the Welsh Queen who was not an adulteress and conspirator against her King until Geoffrey of Monmouth wrote her as such Can't see why any woman or Brit would be unhappy with that.