64. iwillgodownwithmyships
65. Josie2288
66. deathly_smirk
67. Odyne
68. KOUAT12
69. AryaTindomiel
70. TheGoodWitch
71. BriarღRose

Why do I love the character of Morgana. Firstly, let me say that Katie McGrath has done the best job, I think, of playing Morgana than anyone else I've seen. H e r p e r f o r m a n c e i s n u a n c e d a n d e n g a g i n g. Now, for Morgana -- she has the courage of her convictions . . . she's compassionate . . . she is is willing to risk herself for her beliefs and to help others. She never turned on her own kind -- she joined with those who practice and/or respect magic because her abilities make her one of them. By serving and aiding Uther, Gaius and Merlin have turned on their own kind. To Arthur she will become a bittersweet memory, and a glorious vision glimpsed in the depths of a fire, in the shadows of a wood, in the dazzle of sunlight on water. Something sweetly remembered, but for a time a dream at which he can grasp -- but not hold. Not until the time she comes for him.

malaguetta

Why do I love Katie McGrath?! I think it's quite simple. She's one of the loveliest actresses to grace the screen to date. Not only is she just starting out, but s h e i s b l o o m i n g w i t h e a c h e p i s o d e of Merlin she does and keeps getting better and better. Not only is Katie amazing, but she seems i n c r e d i b l y h u m b l e a n d e x t r e m e l y d o w n t o e a r t h. I love the fact that she shops for books like most women shop for shoes AND the fact that she has a pretty kick-asswardrobe to boot. She's relatable, and extremely lovely. I just know she'll go far, and she deserves just that!

par_avion

Why do I love Katie/Morgana? Katie is simply gorgeous and a witty woman. Great sense of humour, intelligent, beautiful. There are no words which could make her justice. She just blows my mind. And she is an outstanding actress who can bring her character, Morgana to life. T h e m o s t p o w e r f u l w i t c h in the Legends. The woman who was lost, scared and lonely. Who loved the ones that she needed to leave and become the enemy. Morgana La Fay is never meant to be Queen. But she is the most amazing character in the history yet to come.

just

I love Kaite because she's such a s w e e t h e a r t, a great actress and of course she's one gorgeous lady! I really can't picture anyone else as Morgana, she's doing a great job with the character. And about Morgana, she's one of my fave characters, she's just so brave and she has confidence. But I wish we could see her more, she definitely deserves more screentime!

Nilღ

I love Katie because she's adorkable. She's funny, sweet, and always makes the cast commentaries a great time! As for Morgana, she's fierce and feisty and doesn't allow anyone to stand in her way. She cares about the people around her even if she might not always show it in the most obvious of ways. Camelot would be lost without her.

Miss Fate

I think Katie is an amazing and talented actress. She is beautiful and funny. Katie does a wonderful job of playing Morgana. She is not afraid to stand up for herself and what she believes in. She seems to get along really well with her cast mates and I love her accent.

jules!

Morgana Le Fay is a strong female character whom I have loved through my life through all the many interpretations of the King Arthur legends. However none of them captured my heart quite like Katie McGrath did. When she came on screen, she was f a s c i n a t i n g a n d v i b r a n t. We got to see the Morgana we haven't before - an uncertain woman who is unsure of where she belongs. Katie hits each and every scene she is given and turns the quality up with the help of her beautiful eyes and raw talent. She's truly deserving of Arthur's merciful cry in the Pilot.

Undeniable

* because she remembers fans she met only briefly years before
* because she's a Nietzsche-reading, comic book-loving nerd who once rocked a mohawk and multiple piercings
* because the first thing she ever wanted to be was a backup singer for Guns 'n' Roses
*because she's so gleeful when using a sword she makes people nervous
*because she shops like a man
* because she got a degree in history and would write books about dead people if she weren't an actress
* because she's wickedly funny
*because she wants to be Queen
* because her adorkable soundbites send legions of fangirls&fanboys into flailing geekgasms
* because she is a woman of such compassion and conviction that even after Uther has grabbed her by the throat and locked her in a dungeon cell, she'll still stand up to him to defend even a stranger
* because she always wants to believe the best of people and will forgive them almost anything
* because she won't ask of other people things she's not willing to do herself
* because she can swordfight as well as Arthur
*because she loves Arthur so much she almost publicly exposed herself as a seer to try to save him

"Sometimes you've got to do what you think is right, and damn the consequences"
-- Morgana, Episode 1x04 'The Poisoned Chalice'

"I don't want to be brave, I just want to be myself"

-- Morgana, Episode 2x11 'The Witch's Quickening'

"Is it any wonder he wanted you dead? You who have persecuted his kind day after day! Year after year!"

"You were deaf and blind to the needs of the very people you profess to serve and protect! People will tolerate it no longer! They are rising up against you!"

" I just don't think chopping someone's head off is a cause for celebration."

-- Morgana, Episode 1x01 'The Dragon's Call'

"Sadly, the age of gallantry seems to be dead. You look around and all you see are small men, not big enough to fill their armour. There's not one of them that's able to stand up for what is right."

-- Morgana, Episode 1x03 'The Mark of Nimueh'

"From this day forward I do not know you. From this day forward, I disown you"

"These are my people. They're like me. I don't feel so alone here"

-- Morgana, Episode 2x03 'The Nightmare Begins'

"Its magic isn't it? Please, I just need to hear someone say it so I know I'm not imagining it"

-- Morgana, Episode 2x03 'The Nightmare Begins'

"I went through a real punk stage—I had braids, red hair, pink hair, green hair, I cut it into a Mohawk, the lot. Then about five years ago, I dyed it dark and stayed out of the sun to get pale, because I hated looking like everyone else, all blonde hair and tanned skin."

-- Katie McGrath, InStyle Magazine.

"I hate shopping. I shop like a man. I can manage when I have to get something specific, but I can’t do aimless wandering around stores."

-- Katie McGrath, Irish Times, January 2009.

"Bearing in mind I can’t sew, I can’t do bloody anything, so I turn up on this huge production … and I get put to work and it was like baptism of fire, me lacing girls into corsets at 5 o’clock in the morning and I loved every second of it."

-- Katie McGrath, CTV

"I go for really smart guys, ones who are well-read and can banter and argue. Men need to be able to take me out and have a few drinks, but by the end of the night we'll be talking about Nietzsche."

-- Katie Mcgrath, Arena November 2008

"She gets all the men! She has snogged everyone! It's not fair! Morgana gets nothing. I get powers, great! I get frocks. Brilliant! But no men. Yeah, well she's a vamp, she'd probably eat them anyway. She's a black widow. That's what I tell myself."

-- Katie McGrath, commentary

"I shop for books like some women shop for shoes."

-- Katie McGrath
Previous

Credit for the opening goes to: Undeniable, Black_Betty, just
special thanks to malaguetta and ABoleyn1230

Last edited by kindness is free; 05-29-2013 at 12:47 PM
Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT I love how gorgeous our OP is
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM
New Fan

Hello! Please add me?
Old 04-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome TheGoodWitch I've added you.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome

Katie in Dates

The trailer for it is here
Show of the week: Dates / TBI Vision
Old 04-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

whoa son lesbian katie ftw haha
Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know it is going to be awesome
Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Official trailer for Dracula

http://mcgrathed.tumblr.com/post/50346545864
Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really excited for Dracula to start
Old 05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know I can't wait either
Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

Shes gone blond! I hear its her true hair color, though she just looks more nature with black hair. I wonder how long it'll take for her to get fangs on the show?

): )
Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Me neither!

A blonde with light brown is apparently her natural, although I do agree, black hair looks better on her, but I think someone said that the blonde hair on Dracula is a wig.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Blonde is her natural colour but dark hair suits her better

I can't wait to see Katie in her 2 new projects
Old 05-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really can't wait for her projects neither esp. Dracula
Old 05-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Dracula especially looks so good!