Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Merlin - 5x06: The Dark Tower Episode Discussion [Airs November 10th]

When Gwen is snatched from Camelot without warning, Merlin knows there can be only one person responsible: Morgana.
Arthur is determined to rescue his queen, but it will not be easy; she is locked in the Dark Tower, a place that haunts the dreams of men...

Arthur and his knights must embark on a quest like no other, battling through a landscape riddled with hidden dangers, perilous obstacles and magical beings.
As they near their goal, Merlin's sense of dread reaches breaking point.
What twisted game is Morgana playing? And more importantly, just what is the final test that awaits them in the tower?

The Dark Tower airs November 10th at 8.05 pm on BBC One.

RULES:
No character or ship bashing.
Not everyone is going to agree with you, so please respect that.
Have fun and enjoy the episode.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the new thread Rella

I can't wait for this episode
Old 11-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, Elyan. So sad.

I'm not sure Morgana is being a very positive influence on Gwen.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was so sad and poor Gwen in the week she visits her Fathers grave she looses Elyan too

Morgana was at her evil master mind best this week. She knew what she needed to do to break Gwen and make her trust her over anyone else and she did it! Morgana isn't the best influence for Gwen but for my two favourite ladies to be working together again makes me so happy. I am intrigued as to what they both have planned for Camelot! It will definitely make for some very interesting episodes

Arthur loosing it over Gwen was amazing Bradley is such an emotive actor he doesn't have to say much it is all in his face and eyes I loved that we got them finally in the same bed It has been long enough But then Gwen left to meet Morgana I so didn't see that coming!

Merlin using his minds eye to get the knights and Arthur out of the forest was great and he made a promise to Arthur that they would get Gwen back and he wasn't going to let him down!

I loved Gwen and the Knights at the beginning of the episode that was fun to see their banter and how loyal they are to her as well as Arthur

This was Angel's episode to really shine and shine she did!! Angel was superb tonight The anguish Gwen went through you felt everything, how scared she was but determined not to let Morgana win The tears she shed for Elyan made me cry too The next few episodes will be good for Angel too as Gwen plays a big part in this story arc
Old 11-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

really sad wasn't expecting to lose elyan,he was a great knight and nice oerson,great actor too

poor gwen,losing her family,must say she did an amazing job can't believe morgana tricked her should be interesting though

i loved knights banter with gwen we should get more of that

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

We should get more of that banter I loved it

Angel was superb she really got to shine this episode
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Elite Fan

Um, anyone notice something off about this thread title?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's meant to be the dark tower I'll go change it now thanks for pointing that out
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 PM
New Fan

meh

The finale twist was entirely uncompelling. Surely she would have snapped out of any psychological whammy put on her by the death of her brother. Are we supposed to interpret that scene, the emotional climax of the episode, as simple deceit? We're supposed to believe that on the inside she was secretly rejoicing at the end of one of her tormenters? The problem with that is that mournful Gwen is far more believable than brainwashed Gwen. And if we do, in desperation, somehow overcome our disbelief, then all the poignant drama at the show's climax is dulled, so that instead of a lastingly satisfying impression, the episode leaves us with a feeling of general malaise and antipathy toward the inhuman shallowness of the cardboard humans that make up this fantasy world.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gwen's grief at the loss of her brother was so emotional and believable! Angel did an amazing job