Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Angel/Bradley #4: Because Angel kept messing up, and Bradley kept forgetting his lines

Angel Coulby was born on the 30th of August 1980. She grew up in the north of London, Finsbury Park, but once she had made her decision to pursue acting, moved to Edinburgh to attend the Queen Margaret University where she studied a degree in acting.

Shortly after graduation, she got her first role in the BBC sitcom ‘Orrible (written and starring Johnny Vaughan). Her characters name was Shiv Clark and she appeared in four episodes. Though the show was labelled a failure by many, Angel still went on to appear in several hit TV shows and films after this first appearance (amongst them Casualty, Imagine Me & You with her Merlin Co-Star Anthony Head and Hustle).

Before landing the role that would make her a star, she also managed to snag a small role in the 2006 Doctor Who episode The Girl In The Fireplace opposite David Tennant, Billie Piper, Noel Clark and Sophia Myles.

In 2008 Angel came to our screens for the first time as the future queen of Camelot in the BBC family hit show Merlin. Acting together with Bradley James, Colin Morgan, Katie McGrath, Richard Wilson and Anthony Stewart Head, she has been praised by many critiques for her portrayal of Guinevere, as it sets different light to a usually rather typecast character and the emotional depth and passion we can see when she plays Gwen have solidified her as a serious actress in England.

● ● ●

Bradley James is an actor from Devon, England. He made his television debut in the ITV series Lewis in 2008 and played a starring role in the TV series Merlin the same year.

Bradley made his first appearance in an episode of Lewis in 2008. He also played the part of Ben Davies in the BBC Three drama Dis/Connected.

He trained at Drama Centre, London. His breakthrough came when he was chosen to play Prince Arthur, a teenage boy who would become the legendary King Arthur, in the BBC One fantasy TV series Merlin. He appears alongside fellow young actor Colin Morgan who plays the title character Merlin. In an interview he stated that he had enjoyed being involved with the stunts but he had “picked up more than his fair share of injuries”.

● ● ●

● ● ●

● ● ●

● ● ●

● ● ●

● ● ●

● ● ●

From Angel/Bradley fans on Tumblr

"I think the way [Bradley & Angel] play these scenes together get better and better. You buy into their relationship and love. I think they have great onscreen chemistry."
-Johnny Capps, Executive Producer Merlin - Queen of Hearts (3x10) Audio Commentary

● ● ●

"Sometimes as a director your job is to stand back and see what happens and [Angel & Bradley] were so sort of tender with each other. It was one of those wonderful moments where you think this is going to be special."
-Jeremy Webb, Director Merlin - Secrets and Magic: Future Mr. & Mrs. Pendragon (Discussing the filming of Gwen & Arthur's first kiss in 2x2)

● ● ●

"Bradley is very very funny...We have quite a good relationship. We have quite a lot of banter and take the mick out of each other a lot."
- Angel Coulby, Secrets & Magic: Maid to Be Queen.

1.quin611 2.Miss Fate 3.ღEmrys 4.FunSizeKristy 5.defyprobability 6.MTG11687 7.kellie101
8.starryeyed15 9.autumn hope 10.aliaskate18 11.IslandBeachBum 12. tjtangles 13.**Enternal **125
14.MPGirl 15.Melaine Garcia 16.pendragonღ 17.Kyls 18.Hermione Weasley 19.jules! 20.1beaut
21.bryangreenbergfan 22.Vintage Love 23.memory91 24.*Catherine* 25.Pan 26.suddenly
27.Jidsay <3 28.~Natali~ 29.LuckyRabbit 30.Maud&Danny 31.frankiewode 32.cassabundii
33.McqueenFanGirl 34.attract your dreams ♥ 35.BL.Arinna_1982 36.jc4127
37.Guinevereღ 38.ursa major 39.CloisFan 40.merthurwen
41.toxicgurl169 42. MyzButterfly 43. Myna

Please feel free to use icons.

Last edited by MyzButterfly; 02-29-2012 at 10:06 AM
Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Chellie
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT!

Experience the Legacy
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Yay TFTNT!! We Brangel fans should keep this thread alive
Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Word is Merlin will not be filming at Pierrefords this spring. Apparently they won't be filming there until July, then again in September. So that means no early spoilers for Series 5 or pictures of Angel and Bradley interacting on set - at least for another 5 months. That said, Bradley is probably happy about this - no worries about distracting fans disturbing his work, at least for another few months. Angel might be disappointed at this news, because that means no French wine or food for another 5 months, unless she ventures over to France on a holiday.

Anyway, the ABC crew. I wonder what Angel is saying that has the boys so enthralled.

Source

Experience the Legacy

Last edited by ursa major; 02-22-2012 at 07:52 PM
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Passionate Fan

^ They are probably staring at how beautiful she is. I love that pic because they seem enchanted by her. I love the expression on both of their faces.

As to the news of them not filming this spring you have seriously broken my heart
Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myna (View Post)
^ They are probably staring at how beautiful she is.
Aw. I love this observation.

Quote:
As to the news of them not filming this spring you have seriously broken my heart
I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, my heart is broken too. I was really looking forward to seeing some new pics of Bradley/Angel filming and more importantly Angel/Gwen's new dresses, but now we have to wait.

Experience the Legacy
Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

new thread.

Maybe it's time to change the OP? It's difficult to see the grey colouring.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Passionate Fan

^^Yeah I changed the color so it's easier to read now, but maybe we should create more stuff for the OP anyway. That'd be fun.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Extreme Fan

What a great idea! Perhaps we could include a brief biography on both Angel and Bradley. Also, in addition to the pictures already there highlighting their friendship, there could be links to the best work they've done together on the show eta. the confrontation scene in 4x9.

Just some thoughts I had off the top of my head.

Experience the Legacy
Old 02-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

That picture is awesome they are enthralled by Angel and why wouldn't they be she is beautiful, funny and smart
Old 02-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Passionate Fan

I love your ideas ursa major. I can work on some graphics highlighting both.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa major (View Post)
I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, my heart is broken too. I was really looking forward to seeing some new pics of Bradley/Angel filming and more importantly Angel/Gwen's new dresses, but now we have to wait.
Aww thanks totally bummed July is just too far
I'll be here to see what you guys do to the OP
Old 02-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

A makeover for the OP would be great

Thanks MyzButterfly, I can see it much better now.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzButterfly (View Post)
I love your ideas ursa major. I can work on some graphics highlighting both.
Thanks!

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Experience the Legacy