Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

5x12: Diamond of the Day - Part 1 Episode Discussion [Airs December 22nd]

High in the mountains a great horde gathers; Morgana prepares for war, a vengeful Mordred at her side.
Merlin feels the weight of his destiny like never before as the ancient prophecies play out with terrifying accuracy.
Yet before he can save his beloved Camelot, he must save himself.
For Morgana wishes to destroy not just the kingdom but also Emrys.

Merlin 5.12 promo

Diamond of the Day - Part 1 airs on December 22nd at 19.55 pm on BBC One and is the first episode of the two part series finale of the very last series.

RULES:
No character or ship bashing.
Not everyone is going to agree with you, so please respect that.
Have fun and enjoy the episode.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMGGGGGGGGG! This was probably the best episode of the entire season, but also quite painful and ripped my heart out.

the trailer for Monday's episode OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Old 12-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

I have to say, I was not expecting everything to happen so fast. They've basically covered the whole Camlann part. This means anything could happen in the finale.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoechlins (View Post)
OMGGGGGGGGG! This was probably the best episode of the entire season, but also quite painful and ripped my heart out.

the trailer for Monday's episode OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I couldn't agree more Rella!!!! It was by far the best episode of the entire season! They covered so much. It was so painful and my heart was ripped out too

It took it right back to the core of the show, Arthur and Merlin, their loyalty, trust and love for each other is what drives the show and we saw how devastated Merlin was when he lost his magic and couldn't help Arthur. Arthur just assuming Merlin will be there and calling him the bravest man he has ever known Merlin being trapped in that cave and that shiut/cry of anger/desperation broke my heart One of my favourite parts was Merlin looking into the crystal at Arthur and speaking to him telling him Morgana's plans and guiding him from a far and that fact that Arthur didn't question he just knew it was right an went straight into action

Merlin and his Father were some of the most touching scenes I was gutted that we only got one episode with them and so glad they brought him back for the finale How he told Merlin that he is more than just powers he is innately magic his powers come from everything around him. When he woke up healed and made that butterfly appear that was such a lovely moment and from then on Merlin knew what he had to do

Merlin and Morgana coming face to face for the first time since she found out was good but it is not over Morgana must know that the cave can't hold him back for long!

All the knights are so brave and noble they are Camelots finest
Old 12-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

well said emma, enjoyed this episode

whens part 2 airing?

{}
Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Part 2 airs on Christmas Eve.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you

Yes we have to wait for tomorrow to watch how it all ends! It is going to be a bittersweet moment, I want to see part 2 but then that is it no more episodes
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 AM
New Fan

This certainly was the best episode of the season. But everything hurts so much.

Just all those moments between Merlin and Arthur. They really showed how much they trust and build on one another. Arthur looked devastated when Merlin told him he wouldn't come. Arthur just assumed Merlin would be by his side as always. And then telling Merlin he was the bravest man he has ever know. That was heart wrenching.

Merlin looked so terrified when he called out for Gwaine. He truely was devastated over the fact that he lost his magic, that he couldn't protect Arthur any more, (or himself).
I kind of think the ‘showdown’ between Merlin and Morgana in the cave could have contained more feelings of betrayal, but I'm sure we’re going to get that in the next part. The true showdown still has to happen. It’s not over yet. I loved the part were Merlin speaks to Arthur in the crystal, especially the fact that Arthur just knew it was Merlin speaking to him and not a dream. Arthur immediately moved into action. It shows how much they trust each other.

Dragoon coming out of the cave must mean Merlin’s magic grew stronger. He didn't brought a flask with ageing potion with him, so that means he must have pulled of an ageing spell by himself. And that must have been hard.

I can’t wait for the next episode, the preview broke me. I want to see it so badly, but at the same time I don't want to see it because after that there will be no more new episodes.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Merlin truly found his true self in the cave and the full extent of his powers emerging as Dragoon with no potion he changed his appearance by himself that takes a lot of strength and power. I cannot wait for the final showdown and I hope it is Arthur he is telling about his magic in the promo