Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Temple of the Winds [4th book discussion] It might've pissed us off but it did give us Richard and Kahlan in the temple.

Jagang, Emperor of the Imperial Order, has invoked a bound fork prophecy binding Richard and Kahlan to a fate of pain, betrayal, and a path to the Underworld. At Jagang's behest a Sister of the Dark gains access into the fabled Temple of the Winds and has unleashed a plague that sweeps across the lands like a firestorm consuming lives at an alarming rate. To stop the plague Richard and Kahlan are forced to sacrifice everything they have between them.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

And now my second favorite book.

The start of the K/C friendship! And Berdine/Raina

Plus the finally get married
Ria
Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yes! omg tho this book had me crying so much I wasn't expecting ... and then it happens

I dont wanna be greedy, did you wanna open the remainder of the books that need a thread? I think I did 2-6
Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

Gah I was bawling in this one I actually cried my way through 4-6 I think

Yeah I'll open them, expect I don't want to open the one for Confessor because I haven't read it yet. But it will have to be tomorrow because I'm going to bed. So if no one else does it before then, I will.
Ria
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ok I can open Confessor, there's also Debt of Bones

omg yes he didnt need to kill off Raina then Berdine ugh...

Drefan had me wanting to murderize him through the books tho
Old 05-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

That book broke my heart so many times And then, after so much suffering TG cut the ending WAY too short. I would have loved to see more of the wedding, especially since it took four books to get there!

And I'm right there with ya, Jen, I could have killed Drefan over and over again. When he first showed up I actually kinda liked him... but the second half of the book... gah. What an a$$!! Especially what he did to Cara
Old 05-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He was okay in the beginning, I was hoping he would get with Nadine then towards the main Temple of the Winds part... when we learn the true reason why he's there. That he's going to marry Kahlan instead of Richard and that it's the only way to save the people of the Midlands, I was like nooooooo frak them dont let them marry! But omg Richard coming back just for Kahlan because he finally realized everything that she had sacrificed and that she had never stopped loving him but he was too stubborn but he came back for her forgiveness. Now I'm rambling....
Old 05-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Absolute Fan

GAH I LOVE THIS BOOK SFM!!

I was SOOO with "that scene" I think I was as surprised as Kahlan was

And GAAH the wedding

And Kahlan/Cara bonding
Old 05-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

I was freaking out because I really thought that she really was going to sleep with Drefan and then I was all that it wouldn't be with Richard. I just basically cried through out the whole wedding, when she was sleeping with "Drefan" and then when she found out it was Richard and he left her Yeah...that was me pretty much the whole end of the book.

The only thing I didn't cry over was when Nadine died

But the wedding I still wish we had gotten more, after 4 books I thought it would be bigger thing, along with them sleeping together I was a little disappointed in it.
Ria
Old 05-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well they did have the mud people wedding

I didn't cry when Nadine died either I was glad when they got rid of her, she was this annoying little thing that just got on my nerves. I think she took the place of Zedd when it came to cockblocking.

omg tho when Reina died I just seriously cried for a long time and put the book down because it was the saddest scene I had ever read in any book. Richard took her to feed the chipmunks one last time and there she died in his arms.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

I really didn't feel sorry for one second once Nadine was gone.
I have to admit though that at the very beginning when she showed up I did feel a little sorry for her. Because I didn't really know her back then and thought Shota really just used her... But when she still sticked around and wouldn't leave and kept making pretty eyes at Richard she annoyed the hell out of me. And when she died then I was actually glad

Oh yeah, Jen, when Reina died my heart broke That was sooo sad. That was one of the few times where I actually really cried and not just fought with my tears to stay in.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hated Nadine from the start, well not from the start-start but the minute she said she was there for her husband Richard Cypher I was like "OH NO YOU DIDNT! SLAP HER KAHLAN KICK HER BUTT!" Then I calmed down because ... I had to continue reading.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't a huge fan of Nadine. I hated her more than Drefan though. Did anyone like Nadine???

I will say that I loved the scene when Kahlan get's jealous that Nadine danced with Richard when he was still in Hartland and Richard just laughs it off. I thought Richard was so cute during that moment .
Old 05-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nadine threatened the likelihood of Richard and Kahlan, of course no one liked her.

Kahlan getting jealous was oh-so adorable then it just got me pissed off because Nadine was ALWAYS cockblocking.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Nadine was just annoying in general. I HATED the way she talked to Kahlan and the little backhanded comments she'd make, I want to backhand her When she was talking about Kahlan being like a whore or whatever cause they were going to sleep together?

I did a little cheer when she died, her and her cockblocking self.

And I loved how Richard was all like yeah, she was never my gf.
Ria