Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Very interesting I'm hoping no cause of the bond that Richard and Cara formed in the season finale cause Cara did help kill Darken Rahl
Old 05-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would hope that she would not retain allegiance to Darken Rahl, but I somehow think she might have been. Yes, Cara had more free will than most Mord'Sith but I think that the pull of Rahl on her might have been too strong.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think so too if Darken had the chance to work on her, he would have gotten her back. So its good that Darken died and Richard was able to show her that she can have a great life with her own free-will. Plus the help of the others too
Old 05-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I will admit that I'm glad no-one brought the kiss situation again during the course of the second season. I mean that moment was probably buried by the episode 10 but I think that if Kahlan had found out it would of distorted the OT3 and the R&K relationship.
I can see why the writers wrote the kiss in at the end of S1 to create tension at the beginning of S2 and because it was clear that Cara was becoming a main character at that point, also to make the audience think if Richard was going to be faithful to Kahlan or not. But really, you knew that the writers weren't going to make Richard & Cara a couple. That would of been really pissing on book canon. And well I think Richard & Cara work better in a 'team' dynamic than any sort of relationship that could of happened between the pair.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They do work better in a "team" and don't think a relationship would have worked. Richard loves Kahlan no matter what and don't think anything with Cara would have worked. Especially at where she was as a character back when the kiss happened. She's came along way now and it may have worked instead of just being random cause don't think at that point she would have valued a relationship while Richard at the other hand, wnats to be with somebody he loves. Cara is there possibly now but yeah I'm rambling and might not make sense
Old 06-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But really, you knew that the writers weren't going to make Richard & Cara a couple.

Agreed.

Aside from being completely outside of book canon, I just do not think that they're sexual chemistry held a shine to that of Richard and Kahlan and it would have just been detrimental to the show. I mean, I have moments where I think, "They look kind of hot together," but mostly, they just have really great "friend" chemistry. Like there is all the trust of a relationship without all the kissing.

Quote:
I think that if Kahlan had found out it would of distorted the OT3 and the R&K relationship.
I almost had to wonder why Richard never told her though. I mean, I don't think him telling her would have destroyed the OT3 because she married Darken Rahl in the AU world and what happens in AU, stays in AU. Then again, I guess there was a small part of Kahlan that was plagued by the two of them, and their bond, which we saw in Torn.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly they only have friendship chemistry and don't think they would ever have been sexaul chemistry for them just wouldn't work
Old 06-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It could, I suppose, but when one considers Richard and the nature of his heart, it would not seem like it would be as fulfilling for him. He is the kind of man who loves deeply and truly. He loves his friends, his family, yes, but he loves a woman in a much different way. And, really, I think Kahlan is the only woman he sees "that way."

I think with Cara, she is a woman that he respects above almost all others. In fact, when it comes to that aspect of relationships, she is likely on par with Kahlan because he respects them equally. And he cares for Cara, deeply. But as his family. It's hard to explain but it just seems his heart values her differently than the woman he loves.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I understand what you are saying and I agree on how he does see her equal to Kahlan on a different level related to how Cara is close to him as a friend but he sees Kahlan as his lover
Old 06-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm...I wonder who has prettier hair? I mean, Richard's looks shinier to me.

Cara looks so annoyed there. Like, "Really, Richard?"
Old 06-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She does look that way hilarious

she's got the prettier hair tbh
Old 06-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Our History (View Post)
Hmm...I wonder who has prettier hair? I mean, Richard's looks shinier to me.
I'm going to say that they both do just on the clear fact we all know that they were sharing Kahlan's hair products throughout the whole group.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

they so were
Old 06-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm going to say that they both do just on the clear fact we all know that they were sharing Kahlan's hair products throughout the whole group.
Fair enough. Still, I'm going to imagine them having a "No, my hair is prettier...No, mine is!" argument because it makes me giggle.

Wow, I never realized how hard it was to think of things to talk about with Cara and Richard. I'm sitting here trying and my brain is fogged.