Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad that you bumped the thread

I love the development of the Cara/Richard relationship so much. In the show and the books.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Me too Kris, especially with the books where you got so much more of their friendship.
Ria
Old 11-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, in the books it's really reaching some kind of perfection. The friendship between Cara and Richard I mean... I in the books you never would get the impression that there could be more between the two of them. Not like in the show that they kissed.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i almost forgot that they kissed once
Old 11-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, in the season 1 finale and I hated that they played that card... I kind of destroyed everything built so intense in this episodes. For me at least. And it's the reason why I didn't like Cara at the beginning. They never did that in the books.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah I forgot that the beginning of S2 they made it seem like it was going to be a "love triagngle" but that was never the case.

They never showed those type of feelings in the books.
Ria
Old 11-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really happy they never really played that card because I would have been sooo pissed... Especially with season 2 being the last one. And it would have destroyed Richard and Kahlan.

Exactly, those feelings weren't even hinted in the books...
Old 11-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Never even brought up. I hate love triangles and one on Lots would have ruined it, I mean it was bad enough in the books with the stuff with Nadine.

I'm glad that Cara always supported their relationship, like when she reassured Kahlan in FotF that Richard wouldn't do that with Nicci.
Ria
Old 12-04-2014, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG, don't even remind me of Nadine... But yes, it's really good they dropped it really fast because so Richard and Kahlan turned out to be like in the books. Just loving each other, nobody else, in this way.

Oh yes, Cara had faith in Richard and she knew him
Old 12-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

She did, they really are great friends. After the K/C friendship in the books, Cara and Richard's friendship in my favorite. I love how she is more then just a Mord Sith serving her Lord Rahl.
Ria
Old 12-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, same here The Kahlan/Cara friendship will always come first for me but the Richard/Cara one... In the end the friendship between KC was only possible because of Richard and his trust in the Mord'Sith and the other way around. Especially Cara got close to him (I don't even know why exactly Cara) but yes, their friendship was like the rock for the one of KC.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah there were so many Mord'Sith, especially like Berdine with her understanding of the D'Haran language, but it was Cara that he developed that bound with. You're right though, K/C would have never developed as a friendship if not for the foundation of R/C.
Ria
Old 12-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't recall if Cara had it as easy with Kahlan as with Richard or if Kahlen hat id as easy with Cara as with Richard...
Old 12-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

I think it took more right? And that it wasn't as easy, at least that's what I remember.
Ria
Old 12-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it took more... I'm not even sure if Kahlan at first was the one being skeptical or Cara.