Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register
Old 04-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Mark Salling

It would be nice to have a piece of LotS. But it seems that money is always the issue. It always makes me think how expensive it must be to be a collector of memorabilia like that.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was randomly looking around online a couple of weeks back and a 13 inch figure of one of the Transformers was over £1000

you are forever in my heart
Old 04-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Mark Salling

Seriously, some of these collectors are beyond my comprehension.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Ria, if I'm not wrong the wedding dress was sold for about $20,000. It wasn't just $6,000... Or was it something else? I remember another costume being sold for more than $15,000. It's just crazy.

And yeah... Being a collector is just unimaginable...
icon by Emma
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

$20,000, wow! I've never dream of spending that much on merchandise. No matter how what it is.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Same here, Nat. Besides of that I'll never have so much money to spend it on something like that.

And here are some Craig and Bridget signed dvds listed on ebay again.
swordoftruthfan | eBay

Besides of that I'm sure you've heard about the LotS fantable at WonderCon. Here are some pics:
WonderCon 2011 pictures by swordoftruthgeek - Photobucket
Convention Gallery of WonderCon 2011 (Friday) by Eurobeat King
Flickr: Legend Of The Seeker Costumes
2011 WonderCon LotS-SoT fan table pictures by pikachax2713 - Photobucket

Here are some news about the JBC:

Quote:
Week of April 10th

"National Library Week" in the US: Fans located in the US should check out the catalog of their local library and ask if their library could accept donated LotS DVDs if they don't have them already. Once their library accepts our donation, fans need to email 1. the name, 2. contact person & 3. address of the libraries that want the DVDs, so sos.com can fulfill the requests. It's very important to have a contact person and we won't mail DVDs without it. Please see the standard email the SOS team sends to libraries here.

Fans outside the US can politely email Geoff Boucher, a sci-fi blogger at the LA Times asking him to write about the SOS campaign. They should also include this Press One-Pager which has been reviewed by Karen, the SOS.com PR guru.

geoff.boucher@latimes.com

Send him pics with fans and fan table at WonderCon. Photos to be posted daily on the forum thread. Please be sure you don't send an email with attachments so he doesn't confuse the message as spam/malware.

Everyone on April 13th starting at 12 noon PDT / 3pm EDT, please tweet about the DVD donations. The goal is NOT to trend LOTS or SOS, but to call attention to the DVD donations, in the hope that we'll end up on the ALA newsletter, or something like that. ALA has even created a hashtag for National Library Week: #nlw11, which we should include. Use Twaiter to schedule tweets in advance. Some effective tweets could be:
"Libraries love Legend of the Seeker" #nlw11
"My library has [insert number] holds on the Legend of the Seeker DVDs" #nlw11
"My library owns [insert number] Legend of the Seeker DVDs they own" #nlw11
"I donated [insert number] Legend of the Seeker DVD sets on behalf of SaveOurSeeker" #nlw11
"SaveOurSeeker has donated over 200 Season 1 Legend of the Seeker DVDs to US libraries" #nlw11
"SaveOurSeeker has donated over 100 Season 2 Legend of the Seeker DVDs to US libraries" #nlw11
"Legend of the Seeker fans love libraries" #nlw11
icon by Emma
Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, thanks for all the links/news, Kris . Those signed dvds are doing well.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Legend of the Seeker

Wow they are selling for lot. Thanks for the info.

And I think it's really cool how many DVDs we've donated to libraries all over.
Ria
Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Mark Salling

Quote:
"National Library Week" in the US: Fans located in the US should check out the catalog of their local library and ask if their library could accept donated LotS DVDs if they don't have them already. Once their library accepts our donation, fans need to email 1. the name, 2. contact person & 3. address of the libraries that want the DVDs, so sos.com can fulfill the requests. It's very important to have a contact person and we won't mail DVDs without it. Please see the standard email the SOS team sends to libraries here.

The librarian in me gets excited that National Library Week was acknowledged by the campaign.

That being said, I'm curious how that all turned out because many public libraries in this country will accept the donations of any materials, but that doesn't mean they are going to add the DVDs to the collection. Whether or not something goes in depends on on a myriad of factors, including how big the library's service area is, how much room their is on the shelf, whether or not other libraries own it, and how well we feel it will meet the needs of our patrons.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Legend of the Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Our History (View Post)
That being said, I'm curious how that all turned out because many public libraries in this country will accept the donations of any materials, but that doesn't mean they are going to add the DVDs to the collection. Whether or not something goes in depends on on a myriad of factors, including how big the library's service area is, how much room their is on the shelf, whether or not other libraries own it, and how well we feel it will meet the needs of our patrons.
That's interesting, I didn't know that. So what do they do with the donations if they don't put them on the shelf? Hopefully they put them out.

And so I was curious and decided to check my library's database and see if we have LotS on DVD, I was curious because someone kind of big in fandom is from MN) and my library has both S1 and S2 on DVD and from the looks according to the library all the copies are checked out. Now I don't know if they from the campaign, but I'm not sure if any library has copies otherwise, so I could maybe assume it was from the campaign?
Ria
Old 04-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Mark Salling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel! (View Post)
That's interesting, I didn't know that. So what do they do with the donations if they don't put them on the shelf? Hopefully they put them out.

It depends. Most libraries have a group called Friends of the Library, and that group has different functions depending on the needs of the library. Usually, though, they organize some kind of annual or semi-annual book sale or they set up a book sale cart or room that stays open all year round. For example, the library that I use is huge and their friends group holds spring and fall book sale that lasts for 4 days. The library where I work, however, is very small and our "book sale" is basically a cart with all of the items we remove from our collection and any donations we get that are in good condition but we can't use.

The thing with donations is they may not cost the library anything to purchase, but we do have to process them (add the tags, labels, RFID tags, etc) and that costs money. So we can't just add stuff because it's given to us. Especially if we don't think it will circulate. We also have to consider the space issue.

They have both seasons of Seeker at the library I use as well. But, again, it's a big library and they have a lot of stuff.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anything new.... .

Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, there was something not really funny on Saturday... A person posted something about SyFy being interested in the rights of the SoT books and might buy them. About 21 hours later the same person 'informed' the fandom that the third season of LotS will start shooting late this summer and the first episode will premiere in December 2012. A few minutes later it was deleted because I'm sure it's such a crap! Why would they shoot the season in 2011 and premiere at the end of 2012? :roll_eyes: Really stupid. And besides I'm sure we'd have heard something from B as well.
icon by Emma
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Oh, there was something not really funny on Saturday... A person posted something about SyFy being interested in the rights of the SoT books and might buy them. About 21 hours later the same person 'informed' the fandom that the third season of LotS will start shooting late this summer and the first episode will premiere in December 2012. A few minutes later it was deleted because I'm sure it's such a crap! Why would they shoot the season in 2011 and premiere at the end of 2012? :roll_eyes: Really stupid. And besides I'm sure we'd have heard something from B as well.
i thought Syfy said that they had no plans to pick up LOTS? i have to agree, if that were true it seems that SyFy would've released a statement.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Legend of the Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_wildchild (View Post)
i thought Syfy said that they had no plans to pick up LOTS? i have to agree, if that were true it seems that SyFy would've released a statement.
They aren't, they've said it many a times. I can't see why they'd change their minds now, after they've made it very clear they aren't interested and got sick of the fans bothering them. And that is a really mean thing to do, that person, to give people false hope.
Ria
Closed Thread   Post New Thread