Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just watched her episodes on Beauty and the Beast recently - she was amazing on there. And the red hair was back!
.{Zee}.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, all the new stuff we'd get along with being in a current show, it would be amazing.

So it looks like it could even be earlier then next week, I read somewhere that Fox might be announcing their pilots tomorrow, so honestly it could be in any day now.
Ria
Old 05-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaley23x (View Post)
I just watched her episodes on Beauty and the Beast recently - she was amazing on there. And the red hair was back!
Did you watch it because of B or because you're a fan of the show? I'm really curious if you still follow her career

Yeah, Fox and NBC are going to announce the pick ups of their shows this week, one on Wednesday and one on Friday if I'm not mistaken... And I saw a list of ten shows that are sure to be picked up today and MiM wasn't one of them.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Did you watch it because of B or because you're a fan of the show? I'm really curious if you still follow her career

Yeah, Fox and NBC are going to announce the pick ups of their shows this week, one on Wednesday and one on Friday if I'm not mistaken... And I saw a list of ten shows that are sure to be picked up today and MiM wasn't one of them.
Well I watched a few eps before I knew she'd be on it to see what it was like. It seemed ok but I wasn't too into it. Then I found out B had a 3 episode arc on there and was curious to see who she'd be and what part she'd play. Kinda missed her on the screen lol. She got me back into the series, her character was really good. It's funny cos she was a character that was basically getting in between the main ship that the program roots for, and usually people hate that third party that comes in between. But she was really good with her character in a way that you couldn't be annoyed with her despite the third party business.
.{Zee}.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's pretty awesome. I really love that you didn't stop following her career. And Alex indeed was a character I really liked and I wouldn't have been mad if she had stayed (although just as a friend). So you saw the last episode of hers as well, the one that left her future open? Do you think she'll ever get back? Or at least been mentioned?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

I know a lot of people where annoyed with her character, but I just felt bad for her, having to find out all that stuff after him being gone all this time.

I just want to know if the show is picked up or not.
Ria
Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

agree with you Naley, her character was great introduced into the show. hopefully they refer to Alex in the following episodes. i still want to know what happened to her.

but mostly i want to know if MiM is picked up or not. I'm sooo impatient right now
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess you don't know then? MiM isn't picked up by ABC but they try to shop it to cable networks. It was announced today. It so sucks and I don't even know if B saw it already or if she tweeted something on it already.

Quote:
2ND UPDATE 7 PM: Dramedy Murder In Manhattan, about a mother-daughter sleuthing duo, also is not going forward. However, I hear that ABC Studios, which produced the pilot starring Bridget Regan and Annie Potts, is high on it and plans to shop it to cable. With its premise, Murder In Manhattan appears suitable for Lifetime, where ABC Studios successfully migrated another dramedy pilot that narrowly missed at the cut at ABC last year, Devious Maids. ABC is expected to continue with the pass calls tomorrow when it also will pick up its new series and decide the fate of its existing series.
Search for "murder in manhattan" - Deadline.com
Old 05-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

just why? ok i have to calm down right now...but WHY?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really sucks, right? It's still not dead, I read about it today again but still... It so sucks! ABC is just annoying, first of all it cancels LotS and now it doesn't pick up her new show.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

^It really annoys me considering some of the silly shows that are out there today, and yet with certain ones like this that actually seem worthwhile get shoved to the side
.{Zee}.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sad, I saw that yesterday. But I'm excited that it's being shopped to cable, that must have meant that they saw potential in it right?
Ria
Old 05-12-2013, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Zee, I'm with you... It's really annoying!

But Ria, I think they saw potential indeed I don't get it... B has such an amazing fanbase and shows of her for sure would get great ratings! So why again not pick it up by themselves?

Another article about it...
Quote:
ABC Studios to Shop 'Murder in Manhattan' to Other Networks

The mother-daughter detective drama will not move forward at ABC but could land elsewhere via the studio's lower-cost programming unit.

ABC isn't moving forward with drama pilot Murder in Manhattan.

However, the drama about a mother (Annie Potts) and daughter (Bridget Regan) who team as amateur sleuths will be shopped to cable networks.

According to multiple sources, the pilot will be shopped to other networks and cablers through ABC Studios' lower-cost programming unit. (Tracy Underwood was tapped to run the latter in fall 2012.)

Although selling passed-over product has proved challenging, ABC Studios had luck selling Devious Maids to Lifetime after ABC opted not to move forward with the Marc Cherry drama at this time last year. ABC Studios is expected to shop multiple passed-over pilots via Underwood's unit.

Murder in Manhattan hails from writer/executive producer Maria Maggenti (90210) and counts DarkFire's Ryan Reynolds, Jonathon Komack Martin, Allan Loeb and Steven Pearl. Cherie Nowlan directed the pilot, which was filmed in New York.

Enver Gjokaj, Brendan Hines and Shirley Rumierk co-star.

ABC is expected to make the first of its series orders and renewals Friday, May 10.
ABC Studios to Shop 'Murder in Manhattan' to Other Networks
Old 05-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

I know, they picked up enough other shows. I just wanted to see B on my screen every week. Some new pics

This one is with her hubby, on the left
Ria
Old 05-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

for the new pics but because of MiM. she didn't post anything about it on twitter... do you think she's even more disappointed that we are? but like i know her she won't give up and keeps her eyes open for a new role!