Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He did work on the set, right? so I can see them all becoming close friends.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Magic City starts tomorrow night. Anyone planning to watch it?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

The first 3 episodes are already available. It's pretty good, especially for a Starz show. I think Jessica looks better with a lighter hair color though.

Last edited by Necros; 04-05-2012 at 07:15 AM
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I didn't realized. How did is her part? Who does she play?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Not sure, I only skipped through the first two episodes to see what it's like. But, to me, it looks like she'll cause some problems for the major players.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually, kinda....forgot all about this show. But I attest this to the fact that I'm poor so I don't get Starz on my cable.

So Jessica as the troublemaker, hmm? I think that could be interesting. I mean, she's already done a little of that with Denna.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It is doing okay, ratings wize? I've not been keeping track but I really hope (for Jessica) that's it's doing well.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

'Magic City' Ratings -- Starz Drama's Numbers Improve In Second Week

Quote:
Ratings for Starz’s new period drama Magic City are still low, but they are moving in the right direction. In its second week, the period drama drew 370,000 total viewers in its premiere airing at 10 PM on Friday. That was up 25% from the series’ official debut the previous Friday. For the night, Magic City’s second episode averaged 556,000 viewers over two airings in Live+Same Day, up 31%. This was Episode 2′s first run on Starz (the pilot episode had been previewed behind the season finale of Spartacus before its official premiere) but, along with Episodes 1 and 3, it has been available for free sampling through cable and satellite providers. Starz estimates that the first episode has received 3.5 million views to date. Episode 2′s current tally is 1.75 million.
I guess it could be better but it's doing well enough. If the next episode or two continues to improve, I think Starz will order a second season.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The 1st to 2nd episode drop was pretty steep . If the ratings stay steady over the course of the season that I could see it getting a second. Although aside from Spartacus what other shows does that channel have?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

They only have 3 original shows, Magic City, Spartacus and Boss.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've heard about Boss, don't know anyone who watches it though.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I thought they had more than that but I am probably thinking of HBO.

I'm like you, Nat, I know about Boss...but that knowledge is limited to the fact that Jonathan is going to have a role in it. It seems like Showtime is trying to build up the original programming but it just hasn't taken off for them outside of Spartacus really.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same, Beth. I only know about it because of Jonathan but a couple of my online friends (and I only been a couple) watch it. Hopefully Starz will get another programme that will become as big as Spartacus. As a Jessica fan, I hope it's Magic City.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think these period type shows on cable all depend on the writing and the acting. I think that's why Mad Men has been such a hit. It's got both those elements. I know people think there's a lot of hype but it's actually been really solid to this point. This season's been a little meh but it's still good.

If Magic City has those things, and backers who are willing to give it a chance, then I think it could be a success for Starz. Anymore, though, if a show doesn't pop off in a couple episodes, it gets canned. There's really just no room for growth, which is unfortunate. It would also be nice that even if it didn't take off, Jessica got the exposure.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

She has some very erotic scenes in the show, a few of the other actresses too, so if nothing else, that will bring in more viewers.