Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

It never ceases to amaze me how certain fandoms can inspire a wealth of creativity in fans. I don't think I can do anything except cross-stitch so I may have to cross-stitch something LoTS in the future?

That copyright thing is harsh Kris. I can't believe Germany is so strict. Youtube was made for video-sharing the world over but it seems to be getting more militant now.

I thought I would link one of my favourite LoTS music vids (featuring Darken Rahl of course) and the incomparable Johnny Cash. I suppose I like it because I like understanding villains' motivations and why they do what they do. In the TV show, Darken Rahl was under the impression that he was doing everything he did to maintain a peaceful empire. So this song kind of fits well with his story. (I hope you can watch it Kris)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Gus604XE8
Old 08-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I sadly can't watch the video. Marissa. It's blocked here as well out of copyright issues regarding the song that's used for the video. It's always the songs that are the problem, not the show or the clips...

And yes, Ria, even if you would bring some over here I wouldn't be able to see them. There was an add on here in Germany that managed to unblock those videos but it's not working anymore because YT did something to prevent it from working how it did before.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aww that's such a shame So it must be really hard for you to use Youtube seeing as everything fan made on there uses material that can be flagged for copyright?
Old 08-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Like I said, it's just the music and not every singer works with the music labels that are represented by the GEMA but most are... So yes, I can see videos where the songs are changed by their pace for example or altered in a different way or I can see those who contain songs from artists that are not represented by the GEMA or trailer and stuff like that... But that's it.

Another reason why I make my own music videos if I feel that way