Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well dear, I'm glad you feel somewhat better today. Your bf must be very supportive, too.

Yes, it can always get worse but you don't want to test the limit.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Today I'm really fine again So work can start tomorrow again. And yes, Sascha really is very supportive. I don't know what I'd do without him or without my mom.

So, how was everybody's weekend?
Old 01-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so glad you feel better and able to return to work tomorrow, Kris! It's a holiday here tomorrow, Dr. Martin Luther King Day.

I had a busy day today, cooking the second birthday dinner for my older son. The younger one couldn't come on a Thursday, and then he had a photography trip planned for last weekend. He likes to go hunting waterfalls in the mountains and does really good work.
This is one of my favorites .. I think it is an enchanted place -

So, we did the big dinner today..

Old 01-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Kris I'm sorry but I'm glad that you were feeling better the other day, sometimes it really is the little things that can bring up your day. And I admire your for keeping up your optimism, I'll keep you in my thoughts, sending as much good energy as I can muster to you.

Wow that picture is gorgeous I have a weakness for water of all sorts, especially waterfalls.

I had a good weekend, for the first time in I can't remember I didn't have any plans, so I just got to relax with my family, do a little shopping, and then spent today cleaning my room and going through my closet, I'm trying to get rid of clothes I don't wear anymore, but it's hard to let stuff go.

But tomorrow is a holiday and we don't have to work I'm happy for that.
Ria
Old 01-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the compliment on the picture, Ria!

That sounds like a very nice weekend with the family. You have such a busy social life, you probably needed to recharge your batteries!

What are you going to do with your free holiday today?

Old 01-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

All I know for sure is that I'm going out to dinner with my family, which is something I never get to do during the week because I work nights, but one of my favorite restaurants is celebrating their anniversary and are having $4 and $5 entrees tonight and I'm excited for that.
Ria
Old 01-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey everybody

I just wanted to let you know that starting tomorrow they'll try a new therapy which means I'll not be allowed to go to work for the rest of the week and maybe Monday. I'll get special transfusion at my docs for four or five days... Each one will take at least 4 hours More about it tomorrow when I'm on my laptop and when I know more... I was so surprised today by it myself.

And thanks for your encouraging words, Ria and Sherry I'm really happy I got to know you.

Sherry, that picture It's do beautiful and I would love to go there!
What did you have for dinner this time?

And Ria, I'm happy to hear you had such an relaxing weekend and get to spend dinner today with your family
Old 01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Transfusion, Kris? Oh dear.
Be sure to let us know how it goes ..
< -- worried about you

Ria, having dinner out with your family - especially at a great price - is a terrific holiday treat! We're having leftovers.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I got the first one today and what I get is called immunoglobulins... Oh wow, I have got the feeling it gets more complicated each day It would be way to difficult to describe how they are supposed to work but it sounds good, the transfusions are almost harmless and I didn't have any side effects today. But it's really stressful because I have to to there again Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Monday to again get one transfusion each day and each transfusion lasts 4 and a half hour Besides, I've to drive there and since winter finally decided to arrive this week it takes me about 1 and a half hour there and 1 and a half our back... I'm really so tired today again, because they again did some blood work and then I had to talk to the doc before they started today as well. At least I was on the road and there 9 and a half hour today, excited because of it and since my blood work isn't okay in the moment it's even more stressful. But I'll live through it

So, nothing to be worried about
Old 01-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, no Kris! You mean snow is causing a 1.5 hr trip each way? You must be so exhausted on the return trip after the 4.5-hr transfusion.
Still, I understand the concept of giving you immunoglobulins to presumably boost your immune system. Let's hope this really works so that all your effort proves worthwhile!

Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's not the snow but that the streets are pure ice But I did fine today. Arrived in time and am back at home now having an afternoon lunch

You know, the immunoglobulines are not to activate my immune system because that's more active as it is supposed to be. The problem I suffer with the lupus is a ITP... Now the immunoglobulines are supposed to stop my immune system from producing the auto antibodies and kind of get the others out of my blood like a magnet.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Oh Kris the trip there and back, plus how long the procedure is does not sound like fun, but if it's helping that I guess it's not too bad? And since you can't work at least you can enjoy the time off as best you can.
Ria
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

It is okay It's just that I had to sign that I am not allowed to drive a car the days I get the transfusion because there could be side effects... But what else shall I do? Everybody has to work And my health insurance denied to pay for a transportation.

But, how are you, Ria?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm good, had lunch with my friend from work today, I hadn't seen her in a couple weeks because since she's only a seasonal she doesn't come back to work until Feb. It was nice to catch up and we made plans that all of us have to go bowling again.
Ria
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, sounds awesome, Ria I always love meeting people I haven't seen for a while since there's so much stuff to catch up, too and you normally look forward meeting them. So cool!

Bowling, I love bowling!