Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, awesome!

And although they had told here that it was supposed to get winter finally we won't get snow and temperatures too cold the upcoming week
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Elite Fan

One of my co-workers/friends lives just with her mom, who is retired, and her mom goes on quite a few trips, right now she's gone for 3 weeks, so she's all alone in the house and that's when she'll have a party or a place to hang out, it's really cool to do. We had a lot of fun! We ended up going out to a tiki bar/restaurant and then back to my friends house where we played some games and hung out.

Hope everyone had a good Monday.
Ria
Old 01-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow, then your friend is often on her own... But really great opportunity if you have the house for yourself so often and for such a long time

My Monday and Tuesday were good I had a massage today and I loved it... So relaxing. In about half an hour I'll go take a bath...
Old 01-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, that friend's house must be Party Central! It's great to have that kind of arrangement, - for mother, daughter and all her friends!

Kris! A massage? How very nice. I had forgot you're a lady of leisure this week. It won't be easy to go back to work next week!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sherry, I started work on Monday So I'm already back at work and yes, it was a really busy week...

Besides, I guess I was happy to early because I have really bad blood work again and it so sucks. Tomorrow I have my regular appointment at the rheumatologist so I'll see what she's saying.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

aw, darnit, Kris .. I'm sorry about the bloodwork being bad again. I was worried it was something like that when I didn't see you here yesterday.
Maybe you shouldn't have gone back to work so soon.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks I'm a bit down because of it tbh... I really thought everything was going to get better this year. Hopefully it will nevertheless.

If you ask me, it has nothing to do with work. Work was good and I love being at work, I love my job and my colleagues. Don't know what the reason was... Somehow I think I reduced the dose of the cortisone too fast, you know.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

That may be it, Kris. Your body develops a certain level of dependence - not addiction, but expectation - and withdrawing too much too soon can affect hormone production.

It's so nice to hear that you really enjoy your work.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

The way you described it sound even more logical, Sherry And you might not believe it but it's called addiction if that is the case

Thanks. Oh yes, with a job I wouldn't like I guess I'd no longer be that positive and happy...
Old 01-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, it's awesome that we get to do that! We were joking that her mom needs to move out so we can take over the house and all move in it would be a lot of fun.

Oh Kris I'm sorry about your blood work, that really sucks.
Ria
Old 01-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Another kind of flat share

Thanks, Ria Today I was at the rheumatologist and there we are again... Setting the dose of the cortisone up again. I have to start from the beginning, three months for nothing
Old 01-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kris ..

Old 01-18-2014, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess I'll get through it just need to regain my optimistic spirit first... Not too easy today either but I'll live No worries about me. After being brave for so long I just need one or two days to recover. Besides, I'm not feeling well, not sure if it's because of the amount of medicine I have to take now or because of my blood work not being okay...

Sherry
Old 01-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know a lilttle bit about Lupus, so I'm certain you've had setbacks before, Kris.
You're allowed to give into a little depression when it happens but I know you'll bounce back as you've always done.
You just have to give your body and mind a little time to get used to the re-adjusted medication level.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

The problem really are just my blood plates... They keep dropping really fast to really dangerous levels and that needs to stop by using a special medication, by oppressing my immune system. Since cortisone does exactly that it was the first medication they treated me with but because of the really bad side effects you have to get rid of it as fast as possible and first they tried it with Quensyl, that didn't work, and now it's Azathioprin... Those meds need about half a year to start to fully work, so I have to take all of them and reduce the cortisone really slowly. Everything was going just fine until this Wednesday.

I guess I'm getting a lot better Today somehow helped, I read, I watched my tv shows... I'm feeling a lot better, too. Thanks for being there for me but not talking about it makes me want to explode.

About the systemic lupus, I kind of can be lucky that no organs or stuff is involved yet, just my blood work (not only the blood plates but those are the worst and the life threatening whenever they fall rapidly). Besides there some other smaller stuff but it could be a lot worse, you know