Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

The First Confessor ~ 1 ~ For those who always have been interested in the Legend of Magda Searus

Welcome to the 'The First Confessor - The Legend of Magda Searus' Book Discussion Thread!

Book Description:
Quote:
In the time before the Confessors, when the world is a dark and dangerous place, where treason and treachery are the rule of the day, comes one heroic woman, Magda Searus, who has just lost her husband and her way in life.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

So, since I started with the book today I thought I could open a discussion thread for it since we have one for each book and I'm sure there is a lot to discuss about.

I just read one chapter but almost wasn't able to not continue because it's really exciting and interesting already. If you ask me, I already fell in love with Magda although I not even really got to know her in just one chapter.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

You started, and this is perfect timing cause I just finished the other book I was reading.

I love Magda a lot as well, I think I can see some Kahlan in her, do you think that as well? Or maybe you'll see after you read a little bit more.
Ria
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's really perfect timing

Oh yeah, I totally see a lot of Kahlan in her! By her point of view, her feelings, her loving Barraccus and so on. But this guy, Lothain, I really hate him already.

But first of all, I'm surprised by where the book started. Barraccus is dead already which means I should remember the TotW storyline completely, right? Do you remember all of it?

Besides, was Lothain mentioned in the SoT saga before or didn't we know him before? There's so much stuff I don't fully remember.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

I'm having a hard time remember that as well, I didn't remember Lothain but according to the wiki page for TotW he is the one who prosecutes the Temple team, and goes to the TotW, but only causes more damage and allows for the magic of the dream walker to escape. I had forgotten all of them. Cause if Barraccus is dead, then all of that has already happened, cause it's Barraccus who goes back to the TotW to try and fix.

But yeah it was the right feeling you had for not liking him.
Ria
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lothain being part of the release of the dream walkers! Damn it, right. I knew I had heard his name before and that it was kind of important but I didn't know in which content. Thanks for clarifying, Ria

But glad I'm not on my own having a hard time to remember all the facts. I really hope TG re-tells some of the stuff we are supposed to know already...

We did never get to know why Barraccus killed himself, right (if he killed himself at all)?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

He's always been good at re-telling stuff in the other books, sometimes in the SoT I would get tired of it because I read them so fast they were fresh on my brain still.

But he throws so many people and magic and all this stuff you need to remember, it's hard to keep it straight. He needs to write a little cliff notes version just so we can keep the facts straight.

I thought it was sort of a mystery right? He went to the temple and then didn't come back, right? Maybe that's something we'll find out in this book (unless I've forgotten it.)
Ria
Old 12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly what I was thinking about when I hoped for him to re-tell some stuff. Since you've read a lot more already than I have will I get refreshed about it? Please tell me, yes!

I love the idea about the cliff notes! Would help me so much. Maybe I'll have a look at Wikipedia or so to just refresh the stuff.

Okay, I as well don't remember a reason so yeah, I guess we never knew why he did jump off... I'm sure we'll be shocked by the reason.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

Um, no. Not a lot of refreshed of what I remember But that could be because it is it's own stand alone book, you know?

I bet we'll find out the reason in the book, or at least I hope so. I'm excited to see more about how they made confessors.
Ria
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I continued with the book yesterday. I so love it. Damn it, why did I forget about them cutting the hair of the woman short? I was wondering what the council wanted from Magda but right, there was that... I'm so sorry she had to lose her beautiful hair. She seemed to be such an amazing woman and we got to know that she was the one who built up the connection between the confessors and the night wisps now.

Besides of that I really hope she won't kill herself (yeah, she for sure won't but still...) I feel so sorry for her.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah that was sad, but I loved how strong Magda is. I can't wait for her to become a Confessor, where she'll be "more then a queen".
Ria
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me, too! I really can see her being kind of perfect for being a Confessor... I'm wondering if she'll then try to find the truth about what happened to Barraccus... Do you think he really jumped off the cliff or do you think there could anybody else have been involved in his death? I somehow have such a feeling that it wasn't his idea to jump off. Why would he have done that?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, I really feel like he didn't jump, I think there is more to it, and that we'll learn it by the end.

How many chapters in are you now? I got to know when I should start reading again.
Ria
Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

And especially the way Magda reminds him. He loved life she thought herself so I'm wondering if she really believes that he killed himself or if she is aware of the danger she is in maybe?

This week, I didn't have time to read at all... I'm at chapter 6 or 7 right now... What was it for you? 20?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder if deep down she really doesn't believe he killed himself, I mean it's obvious that she really loved him.

And yes, I'm up to chapter 20. I might so back and just look over the chapters to refresh myself again.
Ria